Does Sup Forums believe in tipping their waitresses?

Does Sup Forums believe in tipping their waitresses?

Other urls found in this thread:

dol.gov/general/topic/wages/wagestips
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only if they suck my dick, later.

It's an unspoken rule in a lot of parts. I remember a friend of mine actually getting upset with me simply because I didn't tip the waitress. I only had a credit card mind you but still... take it easy man...

8/10 and above only

if she's white

I dont tip

Start with the tip, then push the rest in after.

What I do is dine and dash but tip the waitress on the way out and let her know she is amazing

I understand their source of income is dependent on my tip, so I tip because I'm not an asshole. That said, I also wouldn't mind my food to be more expensive to eliminate tipping altogether.

I only tip if the service and food is good. If one of those things are bad, I deduct half of the tip. I also tip delivery drivers because most of the time, the tips are the only wages they get. I'm moving towards cooking more at home... Just had cold spaghetti for breakfast. Stretched that sauce for four meals now and it's averaged less than two dollars per person.

It's a dumb practice and employers should actually pay their employees an actual wage. But whatever I leave like 15% usually

No. They work for a wage which in this country actually isn't taxed out of their ass using tips as a taxable excuse.

I tip well. (25-30%)

My daughter was a waitress for a while before she launched her career. So I always tip well.

>their source of income is dependent on my tip
It isn't.

Everyone who is legally employed in the USA makes the federal minimum wage. In most cases the state min. is higher. This applies to those who are tipped in the restaurant industry.

I'd go over 12% for that

Why are all indians creepy perverts?

I hate tipping. This is the only thing Europeans did right. The price is the price. TF we tipping for?

I don't tip because I don't even eat out

when ever a receipt has a tip line i write "o' my cock" and leave my phone number. I've had four call backs in 21 years of doing this, one call back was just someone screaming fuck you asshole

tipping as a practice is only common in barbarian, non white 3rd world shitholes

Servers make less than minimum wage. In my state servers make 4.35 a hour.

My mom and grandmother were waitresses back in the day. The tips she got were the reason we had Christmas and clothes for school. Yeah I tip, I'm not a kike or a nigger.

Because we CAN, potatonigger.

Yup, just build the tip in to the price. Why do burgers make everything so difficult.

Good goyim! You pay our workers so we don't have to!

I only do it for exceptional service. Come pay day, their employer is required to ensure they make the equivalent of minimum wage, by federal law. Sure, you make $2 an hour but if you somehow suck at your job enough that by payday, you haven't met the equivalent of minimum wage through tips, your employer by law has to make up the difference to make sure you receive the equivalent of working a minimum wage.

Thing is, any good waiter/waitress will make at least double whatever the minimum wage is in their area through tips.

Never change India. Never change.

Most folks here don't get the point. The point is that it inspires above-decent performance on the part of the waiter/waitress. If they got paid hourly minimum wage, then they act like folks at any fast food joint. Having their earnings be dependent on the person which they are serving makes them want to serve you well. This is why I don't tip 15% when I feel that they have done a sub-par job... Never have understood the 'always tip a certain amount' bit. If they do not strike me as being enthusiastic and alert to help, then they aren't getting it. On the flip side, if they are cheery, nice, and doting on your drinks - big tip incoming.

In the U.S., waitresses can be paid less than minimum wage because their salary is primarily tip-based. If you don't tip waitresses based on their service, you're nigger-tier.

I was jewed into tipping, I drop $1 for everything. Because its always those self-righteous fags who say shit like they tip 50% and expect congratulations, and they won't drop the subject until you pretend to give a shit

>Servers make less than minimum wage. In my state servers make 4.35 a hour.
Everyone who is legally employed makes min. wage. Even the people in your state.

dol.gov/general/topic/wages/wagestips
>If the employees tips combined with the employers direct wages of at least $2.13 per hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference. Many states, however, require higher direct wage amounts for tipped employees.

In your state, if servers tips+4.35 don't equal min wage in your state the employer makes up the difference. They make minimum wage.

Saw that movie for the first time recently. He was the only man at the table with any balls. Everyone else was a white knight cuck.

They get compensation.

Is the tip in the contract (included into the price) then ofc.
But I dont give money to beggars.

I never tip

I'll give them more than my tip... Maybe the shaft as well.

Only if they preform their duty exceptionally well. There is one thing ALL waiters/waitresses do to not earn my tip. Ill order 2 beers, 1 now and one after my plate has gotten here. They always bring 2 beers out before my plate. Every. Single. Time.

Restaurants don't want to pay servers, so if they are forced to pay you up to minimum you are on their shit list. At the end of the day they count up your tips and if you don't make more than minimum they have to pay you. If you do make more than minimum wage for the day they just shake your hand on the way out and tell you to have a good night.

You, sir, are a nigger. Compensation isn't the same thing as fair compensation. Pay people proportional to their value.

Stop this meme.

Same as above, stop this meme. Also I asume you couldn't get through that door.

THIS

fuck no

Reservoir Dogs FUN FACT:
Tarantino gives away who the cop is in the opening scene, he snitches on Mr Pink.

"Who didn't throw in?"

Cop: "Mr Pink. He don't tip."

In the US waiters don't get paid minimum wage. The tip is their wage. You didn't compensate them for their work. You are a nigger, aren't you?

If you receive great service and don't tip your waiter you're a cheap sack of shit jew and no better than a dine and dash welfare nigger and if you do it in front of me I will never invite you out again and probably fuck your wife at some point.

He was also the only professional.

>Pay people proportional to their value.
>People other than the employer should pay the employees vage
Jesus christ the commie-propaganda sure got to you

Yes, there's nothing wrong with tipping, different jobs are paid different ways and it provides an incentive for good service, don't be an autistic edgelord

And tip 20%. 15% is mulatto-tier

What if the service is bad?

You've obviously never worked in a restaurant, retard.

>In your state, if servers tips+4.35 don't equal min wage in your state the employer makes up the difference. They make minimum wage.

Literally never happens. I work as a bartender, if I make no tips I don't get paid shit. I also work 6-7 hours unpaid a week.

They get paid less than minimum wage. Some places are for tips only but generally they get a small salary less that MW.

I actually only tip if they're white..

>I'm too chicken-shit to demand what is legally mine.
Typical liberal.

In FInland we don't really tip especially not at cheaper places and from my experience the service at finnish restaurants are the same if not better than in the US.

I'm a dentist working private and I would never take a cent more than what is on the price list, no matter how good of a work I've done.

Only niggers and children need a direct cash incentive within half an hour to do a good job

>expecting gimmedats from your boss because your service is too shitty to get tips

nigger tier

It's not that. They can walk out with a couple of hundred or more on a good night. If they demand a wage they know they won't get anywhere near that hence guilt tripping the customers instead of the restaurant. It's all a crock of shit.

>if I make no tips I don't get paid shit. I also work 6-7 hours unpaid a week.
That's illegal, retard.

Yes they do. If they don't make the equivalent of a state's minimum wage after a month through their shitty $2 something/hr + tips, then the restaurant must pay them the difference. The issue is restaurants usually fire them if that happens more than two times in a certain time frame. Despite wait staff bitching about how they're paid, they know they stand a better chance of making more money than if they made minimum wage only.

>tip 20%
OY VEY so hard to bring food + drinks to a table.

This God damn you sound like one of my friends who got fucked in a similar way by his old boss, but didn't want to get off his ass to go hand himself and a lawyer a guaranteed pay day. That's a violation of federal and state labor laws, your business will get fucked for violating those

>literally being guilt-tripped into fronting more of the restaurant expenses

I would rather they get paid a real hourly wage and I pay more for food. Also, by law they must compensate to minimum wage if it's not met by tips. So basically there isn't a reason to tip anyways.

Stop letting restaurants scam you.

>Go to bar
>Sheboon bartender
>Order drink, drink gets poured but never delivered
>Wtf
>Order again, same thing, never get my beer
>Third time is the charm, ask, she says my friend should get a haircut and walks away
>Pay for the one beer someone else served me at one point, no tip, get up
>heboon proceeds to scream at me calling me a Jew loudly and repeatedly for not tipping, despite never receiving service
>Get manager, have her fired or I call the local news

Not as bad as dining and dashing because many restaurants make the waiter pay for the meal if they do.
desu you should tip based on how good the service was
In the US tip based jobs usually get paid ~$5 an hour. Customers aren't technically obliged to tip, but the employee's wage is pretty dependent on it.

t. ex-waiter

Having worked in the food service industry when I was younger. Absolutely. It's a tough racket. Basically because of loopholes in the laws Restaurant owners can fuck their employees any which way they want.
Those tips go a long way. However I have not tipped on two occasions for absolutely horrible service.

People in the service industry, who know better, push this meme thinking it will guilt ignorant customers into giving them more money, and never think about or care about their fellow waiters/waitresses who actually believe the meme and get fucked by sly and slimey bosses who take advantage of their ignorance.

They also know they make more money with the way the system currently is, but bitch to keep up appearances, (or again, don't know jack shit about labor laws).

Tips incentivize servers to be friendly and work hard. A rude or lazy server can ruin a dining experience and those types don't deserve tips.
If you don't tip on principle you are basically a worthless nigger.

Several countries do fine without tipping.
The employers pays the employee, not me.

Kek

I loathe the practice but I do it, 20% if they don't fuck up, scaled down if they do fuck up.

Because they are paid proper wages in my country. I might occasionally tip a bartender if he actually goes the extra mile, but regular waiters aren't getting any tips

I'm more referring to the current system here. As mentioned several times by others in this thread, I wouldn't mind having that additional cost appear in my bill and have the servers paid a flat wage with no tip.

>buy meal
>don't like it
>waitress offers to replace it for free
>nah m8 it was my bad call on food, I'll pay for both
>waitress insists that I at least get dessert for free
>pay the cost of the dessert in the tip