What's with the rabid fandom appeal of this show? There's no action, no fan service, the character designs are so-so...

What's with the rabid fandom appeal of this show? There's no action, no fan service, the character designs are so-so, and it's primarily just talking which is hard to follow with subtitles.

Its the top tier bantz
Also it gets better once Yamakan gets booted off after episode 4
>it's primarily just talking which is hard to follow with subtitles.
Or you are just a newfag.

>primarily just talking which is hard to follow with subtitles.

You had to be there desu. Its kind of like the big bang theory or family guy or shows like that, all the humor is referential and the references were all about shows that were iconic or current at the time. This was during the period where otaku were the main target demographic, so making references only nerds would get was sound acumen.

Finished it for the first time a month ago and it's great. It's boring at first because Miyuki gets a bit too much screen time and she's really boring.

That Comiket episode was really 'red pilled'

It's just references to the popular shows at the time. Has become dated year after its release and if you disagree you are literally that fat neckbeard that people imagine when people call out other people on being nerds.

>Has become dated year after its release
That just means it's a newfag filter

Eh. Personally I don't tend to be hostile towards people who started following anime with current season.

people do relate to Konata

It was post-Haruhi KyoAni which meant everyone watched it.

It aired during the new age of fansubbing, and was pretty much all over the internet.

It's artstyle is very eye-catching, so it caught the attention of non-anime fans.

The catchy opening probably helped. YouTube had just become a big thing.

Back then, a lot of people hadn't seen many school-based SOL comedies, so they weren't very picky.

Konata was a "cool otaku", she was open about her hobbies but had friends. Teenage audiences could live vicariously through her.

I don't think there's rabid fandom appeal for Lucky Star in 2016.

well it made reference to many animes of its moment, thing that made otakus from the moment really pleased, characters were nice and their personalities and roles well defined. Konata is top tier.

Also for me, is a great SOL, speciall witht eh formula of 4 high school girls, I used as my personal standard to compare other SOL with the 4 high school girls stuff.

It was "Haha, us otaku, huh?" the anime. Was rather empty looking back on it.

What a fucking newfag

what fucking year is this

I must have watched this when I was about 9 or 10. I found it through the related youtube videos of Tokyo Mew Mew fansubs, and had no idea it wasn't actually for little girls. I thought it was cool then because all anime was cool, but even then I dropped it after 2 or 3 episodes because it was boring.

That's because you're one of them. I'm sick of this "there's nothing wrong being a newfag/casual" mentality that's taking over the board.

I think that you have to be make a difference withing newfag and casual

a newfag is probably someone with a interest in anime that havent see much of them but is looking for more and is willing to try different genres and watch no mainstream stuff

a casual is someone that only see the super popular stuff like naruto, attack on titan, one piece and the like. Someone trying to be edgy has seen elfen lied and hellsing or the most recent one that can fall into that is maybe Mirai nikki.

Doing god's work user.

I actually liked the dub of lucky star. except the actual foreign girl, she was horrendous.

the comedy is done through talking like seinfeld

Kagami best girl

About time.

Must sting like a bitch.

Then just watch it dubbed which is good.

Drink bleach you cunt.

There's way more recent edgy stuff than that.

Referencial Humor. SoL jokes. The part it with the fan is blew my fucking mind since the exact scenario played out irl, save everyone involved having dicks.

Simpler times

>it's primarily just talking which is hard to follow with subtitles.

Wrong order faggot, get your shit together

balsamic vinegar

So this time we end with the dump?

Unless you have been following anime since the 70s, this post is horribly ironic. Everyone starts somewhere.

But still there is no excuse for being a newfag.

i lost the txt file

I like Lucky Star,it's simple,it's funny,it's odd as somethings in it can get to you a bit i.e. Konata and her mom.

Lucky Channel is hysterical at times and overall the kind of thing you just sit back and enjoy.

But I like simple stuff this and Kill Me Baby are great.

You can just google it.
It's not 2007 anymore.