What Sup Forums thinks about Shoukoku no Altair?

Looks Decent and has over 90 chapters, suprised why they didn't make anime adaptation yet

bump

>Historical series

Enough said.

>historical

Historical series don't have to be accurate, otherwise even Romance of Three Kingdoms isn't historical.

what about sengoku rance though?
also im pretty sure i saw historical themed animes too

That's a hentai. And most historical anime adaptations are pretty shit, refer to Kingdom, the most successful current historical serialization in Japan and how their anime looked like.

Plus Altair is about kebabs.

It's actually really good, not a lot of manga properly do this type of story with the right amount of reality and drama.

yeah but it has good rating for a historical manga like this user said >Plus Altair is about kebabs.
so?
wasnt there anime about jean d'arc?

>kebabs

Kebab history is treasure for fantasy settings and way better than >muh steel and castles ''history''.

Frogs aren't responsible for most of the terrorism in the world today.

Has no bearing on how publishers decide what to adapt and what not to adapt. The art style is also much more difficult to adapt and retain the essence, unless you wanna go Alderamin / Akuma no Hana on it.

Is that what you want?

yep, look at the Dede Korkut and turkic pre-islamic mythology
also recent coup attempt in turkey would make good action anime

>Frogs aren't responsible for most of the terrorism in the world today.
nigga you serious?
froggies betraying gaddaffi is the reason why french having so much terror attacks lately since he is the one who didn't let durka durkas to emigrate to europe

>implying letting them invade europe faster would have made everything peaceful

They would have been responsible for another country getting shat on in the absolute tiny chance that they don't get fucked with, and even then it'd still be a cultural invasion though I guess France doesn't get a say on that matter.

EU digging its own grave
if i would in Merkel's shoes i would make deal with Putin and ship the refugees to far east siberia

>The art style is also much more difficult to adapt and retain the essence
it'll be fine
just give it to kyoani
:^)

With Altair's art style I'd probably bet on CLAMP or something more tentative to obscure proportions.

Always remember to feed your empire properly.

The "refugees" don't go to France, or in rather irrelevant numbers. Don't confuse Muslims who've been here for 40 years and the new invasions of paupers.
As far as foreign policies go, has more to do with trying to make Bachar fall and the backlash of the two wars in Iraq than with Libya.

or else?

>accurate
There's "inaccurate history," and then there's "literally a fantasy world with no real-world countries on the map."

heh, i still remember how they butchered the GATE's art

also, i dont remember ottoman pashas and his agents doing jewing in drag

le_happy_kebab_vendor.jpg

watch out for infamy senpai
your enemies might form coalitio-
oh wait its already happened

Gud series
Got me reading more into ottoman history and such

This was a cute tangent, and the whole idea that they thwarted the empire with a trading trick was brilliant.

>translation is still behind two volumes
WAKEMEUP.jpg

yeah, and the cool thing is knew he is getting tricked yet he went along with it

DEEP

the not-chinese embassy guy*

>tfw just finished reading vol. 17
It's going to be a long wait.

can you moon?
noic
fuck man, sense scans is so fucking slow
worst thing is the guy who is good at translating this series is missing
fuck this

can you read moon?*
fuck im sleepy

>What Sup Forums thinks about
implying we have a brain

d-don't underestimate yourself a-user

Some. I can only understand maybe 35% of the dialogue.
The author is making kebab names into moon, so I have no idea what it means. Lots of military terms too.
It's up on nyaa if anyone just wants to look at what's going on though.

Really makes you think.
Also
> dat jew nose

Im planning to commision a translation
Should i do it or wait for sense scans?

> tfw kebab and could understand the all the terms
Shame i dont know how to read a moon though

But i kinda worry that translator night not able translate the kebab, italian and german terms...

>Historical series don't have to be accurate,
If I made a story about fantasy america starring fantasy Abraham Washington fighting the British while crossdressing and praying to waterspirits is that still historical?

there's not accurate and then there's what the fuck am I reading

Sense's quality is pretty good. Their translator seems good enough. It's the inconsistant released that just bother me.
I would just wait on them.

They are pretty slow, I remember there was a bit of drama with this series about a year or two ago when some guy started translating it himself, quality wasn't the best but he pumped out a load of chapters.

It's considered a historical series by the rest of the world, just because you drew a line different from everyone else doesn't mean shit. The countries are named differently for whatever reasons and of course the events differ, but at it's core it's still historical.

Souten Kouro is more of a fantasy world than Altair, but nobody doubts Souten Kouro is historical.

So long as the story explains it yes it actually is. Shut Hell is considered historical.

From reading this, are most terms they're using correct?

>Souten Kouro is more of a fantasy world than Altair
Not him, but no, it fucking isn't. Supernatural shit does not make historical China more of a fantasy world than a made-up world that resembles the real world.