Please don't forget about us, user!

Please don't forget about us, user!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2b4-ZoDtE
youtube.com/watch?v=SFYaJIv8NXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I remember them alright.
As well as their bitter end in a sea of blood.

Watched this with a couple of my friends a few weeks ago. One of the most tear inducingly hilarious shows I've ever watched.

how could i forget my first anime?

What was his name again?

Hotpot.. afro... oh yeah Afro-Lupin I remember.

How could I ever, Access?

nabehameha

How could I forget one of the funniest animes out there.

puni puni poemy

I want more MCs like Excel.

Pedro

Kantoku

Excel was my first animu crush

It's been more than a decade since then

Crazy how time flies

I can't, still have the dvds

How can I forget?
Excel was my first waifu ever.

I didn't even watch the show. Just saw a couple of pics of her in what was maybe the only HURR otaku magazine around, back when I was seven.

I remember practicing martial arts in my granpa's backyard just so I could protect her.

Holy shit, didn't see your post user.
Now let's fight to the death.

Afro the dog from Koni-chan.

I own all the DVDs and every volume of the manga.

My time in the ""fandom"" (like 3 or 4 people total) is a cherished memory

Spigg Spebeagle

Did they eat the damn dog or not?

you guys ever watched the series with the dvd Vidnotes enabled? they even pop up for things only visible for one or two frames. they also explain word puns and jokes that would even be hard for Japs to catch

Anybody knows what Koshi Rikudo is doing this days?

After he finished ES he moved onto Holy Brownie. I read the first chapter and it was about fairies or something. No idea if it ever caught on in Japan

My nigga

Lesbian cyborgs adaptation aired a couple of seasons ago.

excel excel is the most realistic Japanese chick in any anime ever

I'm still mad as fuck that Nabeshin was actually at a con near me and I didn't get him to sign my Puni Puni Poemy poster. I was in his 18+ panel and everything. All I probably had to do was hold it up and yell.

Yep, and it makes me salty as fuck that no one puts that much effort into anime dvds/blurays today. The last one I remember having anything like that was Pani Poni Dash.

yeah, they also came with stuff in the dvd cases themselves like a fold out board game and paper cutouts

>my first waifu
>first waifu
Hang yourself

First of many many more.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed that.

It definitely had the Excel Saga feel even if it wasn't quite as out there.

HAIL ILPALAZZO

Best dog

I didn't.
youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2b4-ZoDtE

My first anime along with Trigun.

TONZURE KOITEEEEE

The OVA was pretty good.

disgruntled director

One of my frist anime ever, which is a bad idea as it's a parody anime and I knew nothing back then.
I enjoyed it. But I saw it in English. So when I decide to have a nostalgia viewing, I suffered. I suffered SO hard. All the voices sucked.

the english VA of excel was trying REALLY hard to emulate the nasally JP voice and absolutely failed at it. she only had the "talk really fast" part down. otherwise it was like nails on a chalkboard

>literally my first (non movie) anime
>watching dub
>excel"s va changes halfway through the show
>couldn't deal
>decide to just watch in moon with subs
>oh man this is so much better
>never watched anything dubbed again

It's impossible to forget Excel

I hope you watched it subbed later, Excel's VA carries half of the show. I could listen to her prattling nonsense to Il Palazzo for hours.

Excel is only good for sex

She was made for that.
Turns out she could do better.

Guys remember that episode of Excel Saga where it's all serious and you feel really bad for Excel.

Sure, why not? Maybe I'll watch today.

I deal with her on a daily basis.

Spanish dub best dub.

I rewatched this a while ago and it wasn't as good as I remembered it being.

Although it could be that the "random" nature of the show doesn't work well with multiple watches. Because you generally know what to expect, the magic is lost and you're only left with poor storytelling.

There are still some amazing episodes though. It was rather inconsistent in quality.

find the manga and read that instead

I've been waiting 10 years (not an exaggeration) for scans.

I don't pay for things, user.

you're missing out, the english volumes are actually really well put together. worth all the money i paid for em

I've been missing out for 10 years, I can wait another 10 until someone makes some scans.

i have every volume and i'd scan em, if i had a scanner

>those credits for the extra episode

Still got the OP stuck in my head.

Don't forget about us either

Sore wa ai ja naaaaaiiiii

episode 26 is a perfect example of anime creators actually having fucking fun making something

Takes me back to all those old dating sims on newgrounds

Love Hina's dating sim game was so good, it was better than the actual series.

youtube.com/watch?v=SFYaJIv8NXs

I wish that they had kept making GA forever.

Excel Saga is still my favorite comedy series.

The spirit lives on

the biggest tragedy of the anime is that it was loosely based on just the first 4 volumes, and Elgala wasn't introduced until Vol7.

It would be hilarious to see a new season out of nowhere.

If FLCL get one, there's always a chance.

Could modern JC pull it off?

I agree. 100%

Too bad no nudity

Fuck, I'm going to go play

I like you

It was so much better. The manga was better than the anime but it was still pretty bad

Such pleb tastes

To this day I'm still waiting for scans of the last three volumes, someone scanlated the rest on my language and gave up at that point.

It's uncanny how clean his artsyle became towards the end.

I _WILL_ PROTECT THIS CITY

Love Hina was pretty shit, man

>trashing cult classics
>saying it in an Excel Saga thread

Love Hina was average at best and it is not a classic

cult classic =/= classic

No offense but I am a HUGE Akamatsu fan. The Love Hina anime isn't super good, but it's nostalgic. The manga is better but... well, it's about average. Liked it my first read, not so much the second. I don't mind others liking it, I can see why. But I personally don't think it's that amazing. It create a genre and might even be must read but it's not that grand.

Did they ever eat the dog?

Puni Puni Poemi is my favourite anime of the 500+ I've seen

I made my friends watch it, noneof us will ever forget the insanity of it. One guy still talks to me about it even after all these years when we meet.
His entire anime experience consists of puni puni poemi, urutsukidouji and giant robo.
>he loved them all

SHIIIIITTTTT

Fuck you it was good.

Banned in New Zealand!

Which is weird because New Zealand doesn't usually ban stuff. It was probably the implied underage sex.

Ai wa sore ja naaaaaiiiiiiiiiii

Have nyu forgotten?

I get the sinking feeling that I probably missed out a lot of good underground shows of the 80s and 90s and I will never actually find them now since no one talks about them now.

No I haven't gemma

Just pick a year and start watching things that look interesting. What's the problem? There's well kept records of everything these days.

Never

>Just pick a year and start watching things that look interesting. What's the problem? There's well kept records of everything these days.
Lot of shit to sift through. Also I don't think particular year was a golden time for anime.

I think Sup Forums had recommendation lists, but I know waht you mean. I am hungry for 80s/90s anime.

I can offer some I guess
Cardcaptor Sakura
Lupid the Third
YYH
Rurouni Kenshin
Gunbuster
Golden Boy
Cowboy Bebop

Those off the top of my head are famously good

Slayers is good if you somehow haven't seen it.
Then there's unedited/original dragonball
And of course sailor moon and escaflowne.
Really, the 80s and 90s were best for their hentai. (Looking at you, wordsworth/viper/dragon pink)
I'm not sure what would qualify as obscure but you'd be surprised how many people haven't seen these. Oh yeah, almost forgot dragon half and vampire hunter D.
If you're looking for obscure but from a different time: dead leaves and cat soup.

Samurai Pizza Cats

>Kodocha
That show was so good