One Punch Man

So where do you guys think ONE is going with the tournament arc in the Murata version of OPM?

The earlier parts leading into it was obviously to further establish Garou's character and introduce him to Saitama earlier (potentially to make their eventual fight more significant) but I'm not sure what the tourney arc is going to do build up the monster association arc.

He's probably trying to enhance the buildup for "martial arts", so that Garou's change of resolve and tactics have bigger impacts later.

The martial arts part of the monster association arc never felt super significant to me though on my first read through, was it a big part of it?

For me not either. But that's probably why they went with this tournament.

The tournament seems pretty much just an excuse to not have Saitama around when the monsters are attacking.

For a moment I wondered why that would matter since the monsters are new additions but I think I get what ONE is trying to do now.

Basically the latest chapter of the ONE version had people losing faith in the hero organization due to Garou and then Saitama and Tatsumaki's shennanigans.

So I guess the tourney arc(or rather the monster fighting parts of it) in one respect is there to make the loss of trust in hero shit more believable and a longer thing going which will set up... something. Potentially the next arc after monster association.

Not sure if it's going to do anything for Saitama himself though, not sure what he's going to get out of this.

I know ONE is busy with the Murata version but I wish he'd do more for the original, I haven't seen Genos for ages and I'm wondering what he's up to considering what we heard of him last.

That does make sense, it will looks like the heroes fails and does jack shit in public where the monsters attack here, and then the S class get shit done and destroy the whole organization where nobody can see them.

I should have probably noted that the thread is for general discussion of the comic as a whole, but what do you think is going to be the big thing for the next arc in the ONE version?

We actually had a LOT of shit set up recently, we've got "god", Blast, Metal Knight getting pissed off, people getting angry at the the hero association, Amai Mask being homo for Saitama, Genos wondering if he's fucked growth wise as a cyborg, the list goes on.

We're obviously not going to do everything at once so I'm curious as to what direction ONE is going to go with.

I almost feel like we're going to go with Genos just because he's been conspicuously absent for a while and we haven't really gone too much into his shit for someone that's the most important character after Saitama.

So it might be an arc for Genos with the addition of Metal Knight shit because he hates Saitama now and he's currently the too obvious candidate for the dude that fucked up Genos as a kid.

I wanted to see Fubuki talk to Psykos about her vision, but I guess that's coming later

What the fuck is up with One and Murata's output lately?
Did they make enough money and decide they don't need more? Catch the Japanese cold? Get hooked on idolm@ster like Miura?

Well it's going slow now because neither ONE nor Murata have the original comic to build the roughs and comic off of anymore, ONE has to write and layout a new storyline from scratch so shit naturally takes longer, especially since he's still doing Mob.

Which is pretty disappointing but it's understandable. That said Murata DID catch the Japanese cold at one point during OPM's run, here's hoping it won't happen again, that shit is terrifying.

They've been have lots of hot yaoi action on their piles on money.

It's just filler for the anime

>he's still doing Mob.
There's the problem.
Mob is "okay", but it's nowhere near as entertaining as One Punch Man. Only Reigen, Dimple and the athletic club guys have the same amount of personality as your average OPM character. Everyone else is forgettable and bland.

Oh I actually like Mob Psycho a lot (Reigen is best girl), I think it's great but it's definitely not as much to my taste as OPM is because I'm fonder of decon/recon/satire stories as opposed to coming of age.

Also ONE dropped the ball with the claw boss arc (and admitted as such) while in contrast Monster Association was amazing so that colors my current image of both series quite a bit.

ONE likes his rewrites though, so he might rewrite claw boss for the anime if we get a second cour, that would be great to see.

Well it's some sort of horrible thing that made her go nuts, it might actually be the thing that Shibabawa saw before she dies with Boros being a red herring.

When we get to find out about what it is, is probably going to be determined by how related it is to the endgame whatever that might be.

Extra characters to pull on and use for the later, "other Hero Association" civil war arc stuff.

What part of the original webcomic do I start at if I'm caught up to the redraw?

Why the hell is ONE extending the Garou arc so much? It was already the longest arc by far, so it doesn't need any more extending.

These extensions only exist so Murata doesn't catch up to him.

It's literally the first time in manga history where we're being forced to endure a filler arc.

davy back fight

Monster association, though I'm not sure what chapter it starts exactly.

I doubt catching up is the issue because if ONE hadn't been working on the current arc with him he could easily keep his lead on Murata by just writing and drawing the original.

It's more about it being supposed to be the Monster association arc rather than Garou's. We already know how the story goes, but for first time readers Garou is the focus in one of two plotlines: Garou's hero hunt and the ever increasing monster attacks with first signs of some sort of organization among them.

As of now, Garou has shown himself able to beat the low tier according to ranking S class, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can deal wth the upper tiers and obviously not Saitama (remember that this new arc is blueballing us from Genus' limiter rant increasing Garou' importance) I imagine most Murataonlyfags see him as an anti-hero that might join Saitama's gang after getting humbled rather than the main antagonist of the longest arc yet... For now.

What they're probably thinking will lead to the main antagonist(s) is the monster association, specially now with this arc making a near global crisis over mere recruitment.

OPM is fucking MP100 even by the same author. It's chunni as fuck. It's shit.

If/when a season 2 of OPM gets made, and going at roughly the same pacing as the first one, can everything from King arc to Monster association arc be covered properly in 1 cour if we count this filler arc?

As painful as the release schedule has been for us, I believe it should take around 6 episodes in total, estimating that it will resolve the Metal Knight vs Elder Centipede, Fubuki vs D-OS, Saitama vs kung-fu guy and Maybe Genos vs the turk.

I was waiting for you, anybody have the image

Didn't expect to see the Mob threadly dose here in reverse.

I just realized S class is only for fodder while Saitama will take out the big bosses. Do you guys think ONE will surprise us later?

It's somewhere around chapter 40-50. It splits off significantly around the tanktop master fight.

Chapter 53 of the webcomic
I wouldn't say only for fodder since they where able to take out actual threats in the MA arc, but yeah it's typical for the main protagonist to defeat the big boss.
I do think however, that Genos is going to defeat the big boss in the Organization arc

>The same shitter from the Mob threads

I think that Genos will fight the cyborg that destroyed his village, buy it won't be the big boss

Take that back.

In addition, it shows that there are some strong people who aren't registered as heroes. Which will lead into that whole anti-hero movement later on.

My guess? Flashy Flash goes over to Saitama to try and "train" him. Sonic comes by, and we learn the dynamic between the two.

Either that or Fubuki training arc.

That, and ONE is obviously working as a consultant on Mob Psycho 100.

I hate murata for this, i just want him to make as close as possible to the source material
At least he made OPM anime art style to my liking

Did you not read the first post? This is ONE controlling the story. I swear it could literally have a chapter explaining ONE is responsible for all of the Murata version and people would still say the same silly shit.

After all this time,do people STILL think Murata writes this? At his point people have to be baiting now right?

The tournament could seriously be more or less filler for another anime season if it comes to be or just expanding on the use of martial arts, potentially giving Garou more techniques to show off. Maybe some of the new characters could play future roles.

Other elements like giving Fubuki a larger role before she becomes suddenly prominent later on, Bomb's early introduction and Genos' continued frustration with his capabilities are more immediately apparent with what they're doing.

It's padding for the anime. Without the tournament arc, you get, maybe 6 episodes total, before it completely catches up to the original.

Are you retarded?

>fodder
Use it properly or not at all.

None of you are making the connection between the tournament participants and the Hunters group in the webcomic? In this manga original arc, Genos comes across a revelation that there are actually other beings that possess immense strength besides heroes.

He actually isn't so much, someone asked if he was doing a lot for the anime at the ax panel and apparently he's pretty hands off, they just come to him every so often to check stuff over with him.