Why is the flag this way. Why don't the lines match up?

Why is the flag this way. Why don't the lines match up?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_United_States#Historical_progression_of_designs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anticlockwise half saltire. it' so we know it represents a backwards clock and not just another colourblind scotch tartan

Wait, what?
I thought it was

>Red cross of england
>blue back and white cross of Scotland
>Red X of Ireland but for some reason the lines don't match

It just looks like a mistake

Nothing in Britain makes sense

>Generally conservative country
>Almost Sweden levels of immigration

Because fuck you. That's why.

They symbolize their teeth

The diagonal lines are half scotland, half ireland, hence why they're half red and half white in the clockwise design.

What happens when NI leave? Does it change? Do Wales get to feature?
Wales is much nicer than Northern Ireland. I'm not sure why you'd even want to acknowledge having Northern Ireland or Scotland over Wales.

I don't mean the colour, I mean the fact that those two diagonal lines don't match up despite every other one on the flag being even and symmetrical.

it's three fucking flags into one

learn to read history of dentistry

>>Generally conservative country
Only rural England is conservative. English cities and the whole of Scotland are pretty leftist. The Welsh are generally pretty conserative as well, but far too small to have any real impact.

So the irish and scottish cross are equally represented.
Take off the white outline and you'll see what I mean.

i know, i'm saying the four diagonal lines are the same pattern mimicked clockwise.

The bongs can't even do a flag right without the EU's help, that's why.

They'll be back begging us soon. Be nice to us, you cunts.

It makes it look more symmetrical, could you imagine how ugly it would look your way?

We acknowledge NI because it's what we kept of Ireland after the Irish rebelled in the early 1900's

That's not a helicopter flying over water?

Wales was an English principality when the UK was formed so they're not represented

They do add together.

Join a line from one to the other you mathematically illiterate faggot

But you didn't ask for it. You allowed it to exist on the basis that the loyalists in Ulster wouldn't cause further armed conflict with the irish while you were busy elsewhere.
Then they caused conflict with them anyway. Why do you even want it? Wales has a cooler flag. Fuck, even cornwall would suit better.

The flag is god-tier as it is, why change it?

I'm probably autistic. I feel like it'd look better with just even lines instead of that anti-clockwork thing.

You'll be changing it soon enough, bong, and you'll be paying us to fly our flag.

Why no love for Wales?

>be Welsh
>we wuz lizards and sheeit

You fucking Welsh abusing those poor lizards are going to pay a price once we get ahold of you in Brussels.
Fucking Welsh abusing lizzards, we

Wales are represented. They're an English province.

It might do yeah, but I like it this way

Union Jack after Scottish secession?

>You'll be changing it soon enough, bong, and you'll be paying us to fly our flag.
Nah, it will be the flag of Islam. The Caliphate of England...coming soon to a bong nation near you.

Gross

>only flag in europe that isn't a shitty tri color or faggot nordic cross
good job

That's ghastly. I'd rather just kick out Wales and N. Ireland and make do with the English flag

Kek. That one caught me by surprise.

Because it triggers our most ancient enemy:
> OCD autists

Wow! That's cool and seems so convenient!

>tfw when you have ocd
>having to battle it everday

Switzerland, Malta and Albania ?

switzerland is decent,matla and albania are gay looking though

St. George's flag is shit. Georgia already use it, and it's on other sub national flags already- Catalonia , genoa

St George is the only saint on the British isles which has literally nothing to do with the country that uses it.

Take the black from the st davids flag instead.

I can guarantee you in the near future they will use Big Ben to broadcast the Call to Prayer as some kind of political "muh diversity" statement.

youre supposed to be 18 or older here roastie

Like so? I like it. Looks fierce

>tfw the only good looking flag in europe is destroyed because of commies

I'm pretty surprised leftists haven't started to demand the flag be changed because "muh crusader cross"

This.

The US's is pretty good
13 Red and White stripes to represent the original colonies and 50 Stars for each state

underrated

Got a bit a pirate feel to it but it's decent

It's the only option if the Scots judas us

>"In 1801, an Act of Union which made Ireland a co-equal member of the United Kingdom made it necessary to add a symbol for Ireland to the flag, but without obliterating any of the existing symbols. If the St. Patrick's cross had been centered on the diagonal stripes, then St. Andrew's cross would have been relegated to an inferior position, basically serving only as a border for St. Patrick's. But Scotland was the senior of the two kingdoms, so this was unsatisfactory. The solution was to divide the diagonal stripes diagonally, so that the red St. Patrick's cross would take up only half of each stripe, and so that half devoted to St. Andrew would take the place of honor. Thus, in the two hoist quarters, the white St. Andrew's cross occupies the upper position, and in the two fly quarters, the red St. Patrick's cross occupies the upper position."

It's a pain in the ass, though
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_United_States#Historical_progression_of_designs

Lots of autism in our flag's history

At first I was confused but really, none of the diagonals match up though.

It just appears so for the bottom-left->top-right, when they're not really.

Here

The Green should make the muslims feel welcome.

>all these plebs who can't visualize the actual pattern
Damn i thought this board was high IQ
pic related - its my IQ

Mike Myers level of humour

The bong autists outdid themselves with that one.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's a jewish trick if I ever saw one

Yeah the levels of leftism up here is fuckin cancerous to the point where its similar to american blacks wantin gibmedats. Its fucking disgusting.

Welxit when?

I was at the merchant museum in Hong Kong and saw many british flags with brighter blue colors, i think they look better. Maybe they used the original colors of the Scottish flag

No, darker looks better.

Scotcucks can fuck off and stay in the EU

Believing any test that gives a score > 150 and is not made/taken by mensa.
kys retard.

they have to go back to the union flag.

lol u mad brainlet

our next flag

Nope.. 149 IQ, tested by GGD..
They said they'd have me tested by mensa but I didn't want to pay for it.

Unlikely to happen any time soon

Pffft nice

upgrade