Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
dekinai.neocities.org/

Previous bangin Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dMD1cVt7sjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Help me out here djt
Are you supposed to learn readings alongside the kanji? Or do you strictly just identify the kanji using some form of context?

Yea you gotta learn how to pronounce them you doofus

ぞい is the sound the turds make when they are jettisoned from my anus

Learning a vocabulary word = learning the reading. Learning readings outside vocabulary is generally considered retarded.

jcat has a "speed bump" around 200 because of the way in which its intelligent adaptation works

>turn subs on to see what a character is saying
>it's just some katakanified engrish nonsense

no you just read everything but the kanji and identify the kanji with english terms (the ones you learned in rtk) and just write the rest of the sentence with those terms however you see fit in english in your head

Katakana always annoys me when reading Fantasy shit. I usually just ignore it since it's probably just a name. Deciphering katakana is near impossible unless you already knew the word.

I added the moko-reloaded site. If you want to add other stuff, the resources page can be edited by anyone.

1 out of three

Im satisfied

I got 347 this time and 346 last time. I've definitely improved a lot since then though. I think it's just that if you're not on top of your game you're bound to fuck a few things up and the adaptive thing means that those can be pretty damaging, and of course on the other side of that you can guess stuff right that's above your level and get helped more than you should. Basically why it's only good for a pretty approximate estimate of skill compared to something like JLPT where everything is (theoretically) at your level

すごいなあ

先生って呼んでいいですか

今日は私の32回目の誕生日です。
だが実は誕生日なんて気がすすまない…変ですよね?
若い頃から誕生日は目出度くて期待にしてイベント、でも30歳越えはただもう一年に老いる感じだけ。
なんか…まだたくさんしたい事があるので老い込みたくない。
分るか?

私の日本語はどう?
最近練習全然していないから心配で。

Neah my japanese is sitll shit
俺の日本語わくそである

Yeah tests also have elbows near the top and bottom of the scoring region. It's just that JCAT also has one near 200 and people post about it here a lot.

>did reps 20 new words
>Read ff6 an hour with japanese music on while reading
>watched an hour of dq6 lets play jishoing worfs shadowing everything I hear
>watched an hour of fatal frame 2 lets play shadowing everything
>worked on a custom deck for twenty minutes
>lifted weights and did cardio
>About to stretch to some idolm@ster

Djt did you do your best today?

>being a NEET or a college fag on summer break with no job

You already failed.

>a job
Hah

>Worked for 8 hours at my Job
>Ate frozen pizza when I got home
>Studied genki for about an hour
>IM'd friend in Japan
>Watch BW tournament
>About to watch English subbed anime

I didn't realize DJT was now blogshit friendly. Guess it's been awhile since I was here last.

Maki-chan always blogs, user. Where have you been?

subscribed

>spent 6 hours playing minigolf with the family so I'm done going outside this year
>watched 3 ghibli movies
>watched one episode of conan
>played a shitty japanese mobile game
>watched a couple japanese videos
>currently downloading and looking for more ghibli movies

I guess I could do better and actually study but that takes effort

ローブと魔法使いの帽子をかぶってみました

I feel posting Maki from LL should be a bannable offense.

Well i guess this is happening now

>Went to the gym
>Helped some kids with their math homework for my job
>Did a few hundred reps
>Still trying to get back up to speed after falling off the wagon for a month
>Worked on a paper due tomorrow
>Worked on my thesis
>Spent too much time on my thesis, gonna have to finish the paper in the morning

You always had a problem with reading...how come you never do it? I couldn't really pick up listening until I started reading.

What anime were you watching?
Im watching ll sunshine, new game, berserk, masou HxH, and fate this season. You got me into anime it really does teach you Japanese...

These are worst posts than a one post blog completely related to Japanese and doing better tbqh...

>i reps
>i will do more dojg reps later, they take only 10 mins now
>yotsubato chapter
>more nihongonomori basic grammar revision slash acceptance

>You always had a problem with reading...how come you never do it?
I don't really like reading too much but I did recently start playing DQ5 in Japanese so there's some practice. Most of my reading comes from random Japanese websites, this thread and twitter. So mainly small amounts here and there when the text contains something I want to know

>What anime were you watching?
This season? I'm only watching New Game, I'll watch the rest once they finish

I've finished dq5 in English but never played the Japanese version. There's a bunch of scripts for final fantasy for basically all pf the games and it makes reading easy with a script because you can use rikai on it.

Lol id never trust the Japanese in this thread its completely wrong Itry to not even read it so I don't get bad habits.

I can tell when something sounds weird in Japanese and it's mainly just kanji recognition practice. Also lets me think about why it sounds weird and how it should be said

>I don't really like reading too much
Unfortunately it's all too easy to like things you are good at and dislike things you are bad at, but it just isn't how you improve.

Also VNs are pretty fun if you choose decent ones with voiced protagonists.

I agree with this. The only way reading wrong Japanese would mess with your Japanese is if you don't read nearly enough or if you copy things without thinking

猿は見て、まねる

>Wasted most of the day doing absolutely nothing
>picked blueberries for an hour
>23 minutes in Anki, 45-60 minutes more to go

I think it's just a problem of pacing coming from slow reading and I think VNs might just be a bit slow paced in general too. I just get bored after a few hours when the story has not really moved anywhere.

I hope you realize just how much of a waste that immense time spent on anki really is.

This. Anki just makes you feel like you're improving when really it's just exposure. Which you can gain through doing anything else.

I might stop or take a break after I get caught up on my mining backlog. Only 40 more days.

But the guide says I should use it.

speaking from experience there bud?

Would you kill someone just because someone told you too?

I suppose it would have to depend on the context of the situation.

I wish that it were possible to import sentences from manga without manually typing them out each time.

魔王の始め方 has a shit ton of new vocabulary that should probably go in my deck, but I'll be damned if I'm going to type out the sentence every time. I suppose that I could head over to goo or just not have an example sentence, but one of the benefits of importing is that the example sentence takes you back to the scene.

About a month into learning. any help would be appreciated. Am i correct in translating this text to something like, "Today is another day in which I'll do my best!" ?

I encountered some wack-ass causative conjugation or something while going through a manga.
「そうはさせじと」
I don't get what function the じ serves and I can't seem to find it online. Does it make it positive or negative?

>reading
>see word
>who knows when you're going to see it again

>anki
>see word
>keep seeing the word until you remember it properly
>this repeats the next day
>and every day after until you remember
>if you ever forget, it'll be right back to the front of the reviews

>as a beginner, reading is an avalanche of new words
>as an advanced learner, you're mostly dealing with learning words that don't appear in absolutely everything all the time
>anki is very effective at both controlling how many new words you have to deal with and keeping you exposed to less common words

If you're a CEO of a large business or a short sighted retard who's working two jobs, you should spend what little free time you have on reading and listening. However, if you're anyone else, you're doing yourself a disfavor by not using anki.

>managed to learn a little japanese without anki
>used actual textbooks, wrote the kanji, raw memorization, etc

Feels good not to lie to myself.

慣用句 sounds interesting. Anyone have any examples worth learning?

>readingfags actually believe they can learn Japanese from texthooking and guessing through texts for natives
Have fun taking forever to learn everything because it appears at useless random intervals. You can learn all the vocab and grammar you need from Anki, reading is what you do once you've finished learning Japanese.

>reading is what you do once you've finished learning Japanese.
This.

So how do you learn how to read?

By not asking stupid questions that you already know the answer to.

> a group of idiots countering the opposite group of idiots

Is this troll hour?

Reading is high resonance, as it actually makes practical use of the information, and really makes your brain realize the importance of what it's been being forced to absorb. I've had a few cases in anki where words just wouldn't become mature until I encountered them in reading a few times, which just caused it to click.

Anki is controlled high exposure. It's great for stockpiling vocabulary.

You're doing yourself a massive disfavor if you put off reading until you're done with Core 6k (you're not done at that point, BTW). You're also doing yourself a massive disfavor if you don't utilize anki. You should do both every day, and the two activities make each other easier.

無日本書之好者

ハーピー誕生日、お兄さん。
その気持ちが分かります。私は29才です。年を取ってではありません。

Personally, I wouldn't mind abandoning anki after core 6k though - I feel like it cuts into my limited amount of time per day, and I'd be better off studying two or three things in depth for an hour, rather than flying through twenty things and hoping that exposure over time will just sink in without too many nasty habits developed along the way.

あたし69歳

トイレに行くときはおむつでやります

>年を取ってではありません
自殺しますですから…

No, but how? You know everything. How do I learn how to read?

How do nips know the correct reading for people's names? I know you can guess the really common ones like 田中 or 山田 but what about some of the more uncommon ones? Are you typically told the correct reading explicitly or do they just know?

There are certain readings used mostly just for names - sometimes a kid has a name read a different way, the same way people in the West give their children stupid names just to be unique. That's why in high school anime, the new student always has to dramatically write their name on the board.

They use the nip Hivemind®

座り心地 - what a ridiculous word

>北
>西
>北西
なんだバカくそ(`∧´)

I don't see any problem.

北北西と

西北西は

かなりきびしいばかにほんごだとおもうよ

>What are onyomi

>東西
>Oh man well I suppose that must be とうせい
>とうざい
FUCK

Where are you guys lurking? zip 6 futaba here

>everythingfags think you should try every different learning method simultaneously
What's next, you're going to advocate adding wanikani and RTK and Imabi to the mix as well? You should pick one learning method and stick with it, instead of this half-assed dabbing in everything without committing to anything.

so apparently the best way to not ever get 'invited' or rather forced back outside to someone elses place is to shit in the toilet and dont flush it

Reminder that it has to be in the toilet because anywhere else and they'll know it was just retaliation but when its in the toilet the womans brain goes into meltdown.
They'll get caught in a loop that repeats over and over: could have just hit the button
im finally free and back to my manga
pic unrelated

if youre gonna say that much get a real tutor who can actively gauge your strengths and weaknesses and create a plan personalized for you

no matter how you look at it brute forcing on your own without lots of input from someone who really knows their shit is inefficient

Everyone should learn the same way as me, stray from my methods and you won't ever learn Japanese

What about getting the toilet stuck

that might backfire since it could happen 'by chance' and is forgivable
you could risk it though if they're having a bad day

shitting in the bowl is for lamers

shitting in the top of the toilet is where all the handsome, in shape, japanese knowing boys shit

Im bored and about ready to go to bed.

Can you guys post some listening practice youtube videos?

asmr.youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=dMD1cVt7sjc

Wow this threw me off. I totally forgot what I was doing

>tv
what the hell is that, i keep hearing about it

How can I assess how far into Axanael I am?

そうはさせじ → そうはさせない

is the CoR maintainer dead

he hasn't written a response to any feedback in literally a month and a week and a half

around 3 years of intensive animu
memorized kana last year, and started attempt reading nip text since.
I didn't considered myself in jap learning mode, am considering starting jap study through /djt/'s guide.

Took the test, now where should i start with?

TaeKim and then?

残念ながら、 彼は戦死をした

Firstly read Hanahira and Yotsuba, then you can move up to Flyable Heart.
Make sure not to skip this, it's essential to learning Japanese.

I heard New Game was an easy watch raw. That was not the case for me

>戦死をした
Cries of fake japanese

It's an easy watch as in you understand what's going on even when you miss most of the words. That's what makes the best content to consume for learning a language.

ざっと見るとN1並のレベルにもあるが、実際sentenceを構造することにはとても無理を感じる。
Jcat is biased, i can't even make up sentences confidently yet this score. Jcat only shows reception abilities.

なるほど

damm i was going to keep fucking up を forever until your correcti.. oh wait

Japanese drops を more than 85% of the time with suru verbs. Including it is like saying "I did not go to the store today my nigga" instead of "I didn't go to the store today my nigga" or "I'in't go t'da store t'day m'nigga".

ah i see yeah i dont often see を when reading but i still read the shit as an action that occurred
im gonna check imabi if he mentions it, i dont think tyler kimmy or dojg does

>85%
Yep, 85% is exactly the number.

戦死した も 戦死をした も

どっちもつかえるんじゃないかなあとおもうよ