Shinsekai Yori

What happened to Maria?

She ded.

Squealer coaxed them in to having a baby. She was murdered and her bones presented. Pay attention.

She's now safe in my rape cave, dear OP.

Gang graped by the force of thousand squeelers.

Forcibly bred then killed.

Mamoru got her pregnant and once the child was born Squaler murdered them and took the child to raise it as a mole rat as part of his master plan. Pretty sure the show straight up told you.

Master Strategist

She and Mamoru got lobotomised while they were sleeping. She was then impregnated by Mamoru then later killed after giving birth

She escaped from Squealer, hooked up with Saki, and they both escaped on a ship that brought them to the new world (US), where the people were able to contain the psychic powers without mind-control mental locks. From there, Saki and Maria had incredible yuri adventures, and Saki kept a diary of her journeys, which was eventually published and a copy was sent over to Japan, where little kids from their original village are reading in secret like an unbelievable fantasy novel. Hence the title drop, from the new world. And no, I don't care what happens in the novel and anime, this is canon for me.

IIRC Maria getting pregnant had nothing to do with Squealer, but rather is just what happens when you leave two apes (whatever species it was) alone in a stressful environment.
Squealer noticed this and formed his master plan from it.

Somehow she got pregnant by Mamoru. I say somehow since it's not sure in what state they were at the time. It also can't be known in what state she and Mamoru were while the pregnancy progressed. At some point before Maria gave birth, she had at least one arm severed and several teeth pulled out. It's not known in what state she was in at this time either, since it's possible Squealer convinced her it was necessary to leave bones for the humans to drop the search. Mamoru was similarly mutilated, or maybe even killed. After Maria had given birth she would have most likely been terminated with utmost expediency. The fate of her remains is uncertain.

squealer did nothing wrong?

>squealer
what did squealer is terrible but compared to what they did to his people for millennia to be nothing

raped by faceless naked mole rats

>his people
>people

Wait, when was it ever stated they were injured while alive? Didn't Squealer fake the bones, since the skeleton of a mole rat could be made hard to distinguish with some handicraft?
Didn't they outright state that the bones they brought were not of Maria and Mamoru? From my memory Mamoru and Maria were fine until they had their kid, at which point they were murdered and disposed of.

>She and Mamoru got lobotomised while they were sleeping

This doesn't sound farfetched for Squealer's character but then again maybe the actual novel is a bit more graphic?

the show was reflective about that

Squealer said he'd fake the bones, but then later on they said they did confirm the bones were maria and mamoru's

The bones were from Mamoru and Maria. They explicitly state that they have verified this and that there is no doubt as to whose bones it is. That's why Saki is so shocked, because she had always thought the bones were supposed to have come from queerats. And the bones were provided just as the snow had thawed. Unless their winters are much longer than Japanese winters are today, the bones were most likely provided within just a few months after Mamoru and Maria had eloped from the village.

They did? Maybe that was the case. How much time had passed since their disappearance? Was it enough time to assume the child had been born and Maria & Mamoru were killed and presented afterwards? Or had the bones been taken from their......alive body?

I just finished watching this last week after dismissing it some years ago for stupid reasons and boy was this an interesting series. The world building was excellent and unique, the character's were well-written and their actions/motivations had a lot of pathos and largely made sense. All in all it was a very coherent series. Wish there was more of its calibre.

the messiah was approx. 9 years old. Saki was 26 during the 2nd time-skip so Maria and Mamoru died at 17. Which means they lived about 2/3 years after running away? I shudder to think what they wer put through in that time. They might have been lobotomised to make the messiah.

I hope they were just followed then killed.

I still wonder what was the fucking point of first arc about that guy going demon or some shit

Even if Squealer did nothing wrong he deserved his end for being such a faggot

me too. But remember that ep where Saki and Satoru accompanied the Robber Fly to the Goat Moth compound, because they were lead to believe Maria and Mamoru were still there? Yet, wasn't it Squealer who hatched the plan to fake their deaths after Saki read the letter? That just makes me think they were being held captive, as Squealer would have needed to ensure there were right where he needed them when the time came.

you motherfucker, it's only been a couple of hours since i finished the show. don't make me more depressed.

fuck squealer

it was great though wasn't it? Where would you rank it on your list?

top 3 off the top of my head

There was a theory a while back that Squealer could have just chopped their arms and legs off, to have human bones to be found

don't forget that they confirmed the bones via dental records.

So, what's the deal with the big lady that come out from the people that just died?

I just couldn't get into this anime, the premise was interesting but fuck I had to drag myself through 11 episodes until I finally decided to drop it. Great ed though.

>big lady that come out from the people that just died
I do not remember that at all

The story and music was great, but the animation and direction was some times awful. Having different character designs for some episodes didn't help.

I enjoyed the show for what it was, it was one of my favorite shows that year. But I was kind of bummed that they didn't make it into a masterpiece.

Wasn't it a way to trigger the death feedback for things that were not human (like the fake minoshiro) or if the aattacker was not aware that they were hurting another human?

Episode 18 and I think episode 5 or 6.

What?

It wasn't. They never specify the timeframe for the delivery of bones either.

So yeah, Squealer could have waited until Maria gave birth, then killed them. Not threatening or harming them would be the safest route for the rats.

see this is exactly why I thought Squealers fate was justified
It was pretty obvious what he did to Maria and Mamoru

That's dumb, if they had had any way to reliably control either of them they would have had more than one human super weapon.

The most likely course of action is that they earned their trust till the very moment of birth, then killed them both off. It would be when their guard was down, and when they were both probably at their weakest.

>massacres thousands of background characters and people still sympathize with him
>but they realize when he captured and killed a couple of the main characters suddenly he deserves to be tortured for all eternity

There's a difference between background characters and best girl

He was supposed to be a sort of Obi Wan for Saki, but the adaptation was so shit it ended up as a disjointed mess so his arc and character ended up being pointless.

it's definitely somewhere in my top 15 or 10.

>they would have had more than one human super weapon

fair point

you mean the colony queen's?

n

>But remember that ep where Saki and Satoru accompanied the Robber Fly to the Goat Moth compound, because they were lead to believe Maria and Mamoru were still there?
Who's to say that they were there at all? I mean, what evidence did Robber Fly have that they were there to begin with? Where did it even come from?

Were the contents of the letter ever revealed?

>as Squealer would have needed to ensure there were right where he needed them when the time came
When the time came for what? Or do you mean, at that particular time? As in, when Saki and Satoru read the letter, they had Maria and the other guy's limbs dismembered and reduced to bone right there and then (probably not using anaesthesia)?

No, there's some kind of spirit that comes out from cantus users when they die, though it only happens twice and the circumstances when it happens are unclear.

>Who's to say that they were there at all
it's doesn't have to be "said". Squealer only needs to imply to Saki that the way to know Maria and Mamoru's whereabouts is to stick with the Robber Flies along their confrontation with the Goat Moths.

>Who's to say that they were there at all?
seeing as Squonk was the last contact between Maria and Mamoru, the Goat Moths are obviously going to be implicated. And that meant Squealer could co-opt Saki and Satoru in his conquests.

>Were the contents of the letter ever revealed?
yes
watch ep.16 they read Maria's letter out.

>When the time came for what?
for when the messiah could be born

Fuck, this show was scary and violent as hell.
Not in the typical suspense or ultra gory way but in that all the themes it presented were very grounded in reality and pretty plausible.
I mean, if humanity were to ever get god-like powers, It wouldn't surprise me if something like this were to happen.

How in hell could Squealer got Mamorus's eggs in Maria's vagina if the two were vegatables? They didn't have the technology. Just accept Marua and Mamoru fucked because they were stressed.

Nice.

You fags, this one has the answer

>cheating on Saki
Nice one Maria

Cry here

What did she mean by this?

Not with that attitude.

I actually started watching it thinking it was yurishit

I thought Maria was the Fiend that shows up near the end. Guess I shouldn't have taken such long breaks between episodes.

cantus is fucking scary as shit

the "fiend" was not actually a fiend

I thought that too, until they tell you it's her daughter

son*

Daughter in the anime, son in the novel

You get to do whatever you want to Squealer for 5 hours.

What do you do?

Tell him he's a credit to his people

Make small talk, but only call him Yakomaru and refuse to acknowledge his sapience.

Hold him and tell him everything is going to be okay.

This.

I don't know but they stated that they lobotomised their queens so it's not a far fetched theory

I think when I saw it the subs would switch between male and female pronouns. Is it clear cut that it's her daughter in the anime though?

PK users don't need legs and arms to destroy the entire colony with one thought.

you ever hear of the Geneva convention?