What is the point of watching subtitles across the bottom of a screen when you can actually listen and understand anime...

What is the point of watching subtitles across the bottom of a screen when you can actually listen and understand anime in English?
dubs>subs

Because when you watch english dubs you are not watching the original anime.

What's the point of watching the original if you can't understand it?

This is the only show with good dubs.

What if I can?

Most on here can't.

And?

THEN THERE'S NO POINT IN WATCH SUBS

/thread

I can't watch dubbed. The VAs sound like they couldn't care less about their role. At least with Japs I can't really tell, and their voices are almost always livelier.

There is no point in reading subs if you don't understand what is being said in the anime? I'm not sure you understand what subs are for.

Japanese voices all sound the same

Emotionless voice actors who don't give two shits about putting actual effort into the product their being paid to voice.

That's great and all but why did you post the universal declaration of human rights in Japanese? ?

It's not uncommon for the VAs to be in a lot of other works. If you meant something other than that, then you're retarded. Have fun with your shit translations and poor American VAs

I prefer dubs so I can focus on the visuals.

>not learning Chinese so you can watch your thai kickboxing paintings

English voice actors are garbage. Their monotone, emotionless and amateurish acting works only on ironic shows like Cromartie High.

The subs allow you to understand it. I swear, anti sub people are just mildly illiterate and are grasping at straws to justify the fact that they need to put conscious effort into something that comes automatically to most people: reading.

Your argument sounds like some black guy saying, "Why the fuck do all you niggers like that white ass Monna Lissa. They make a black version. Why would you want to appreciate art you can't relate too!?"

You can't read.
Learn to read better.

Because I'm not American

I enjoy jap voices. Dubbers are not as good actors.

Voice acting otaku uprising soon.

Learn to read you illiterate fuck. As a non-native speaker of English I've always been doing this, and I honestly don't even notice that I'm reading. You don't have to endure shitty untalented dubs to focus on the animation, just read faster.

The main reason why I watch subs is because I don't want to wait for dubs.

Also I prefer Japanese voices.

faggot
Yes if I am watching a show, I want to watch a show, not read. If I want to read, I'll read a fucking book.

Dubs are made by professional voice actors, translators and other

Thanks, mined 尊厳 and 同胞

>Yes if I am watching a show, I want to watch a show, not read. If I want to read, I'll read a fucking book.
Reading requires no effort. You shouldn't even notice you are doing it, it should just happen. Especially at the slow speed of spoken dailog, processing the subs should require almost no extra brain cycles.

You are illiterate. Fucking go read that book until subs aren't even a thing to you.

Just because someone gets paid to do something doesn't mean they are great at it.

Most modern dub voice actors are pretty good as long as they have good directors. The problem is that a lot of directors are fucking terrible, either for thinking that a particular line sounds good when it doesn't, or when they pick the VA most unfit to their role. Also a lot of dub script writers are lazy as fuck.

>can read
>is illiterate
Better than anything weaboos in their basements can do

>dubs are better than subs but these are the reasons almost all of dubs are shit
What are you trying to argue here?

>illiterate
Just proved it yourself my man

How about these dubs?

I have a friend who hates watching subs. I like to download dual audio versions anime and make a point of switching it to Japanese every time I load a new episode.

"You'll get used to it." I say.

"I'll have to completely retrain myself to not focus on the subtitles." He says.

"Sure thing man, just give it a few hundred hours and you won't want it any other way."

"No, no." He says, "You don't understand. I have superior focus. It's not something I can ignore, I have to focus on the subtitles because of how much better I focus then other people. Focus!"

"I know you don't read so well, man, but subtitles will train you. I taught my baby sister to read with them before she even entered school."

And then he throws a fucking fit. I know I'm an asshole, but it's funny.

That's because most anime dubber are third-rate actors who can't get any role on movie, TV and theater.

Because English sounds like puke as opposed to the beautiful language that is the glorious Japanese.