How can you tell if the voice acting in an anime is bad?

How can you tell if the voice acting in an anime is bad?

Jap VA, that is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rk8qMP-HcXI
youtube.com/watch?v=nobR6D6tz7Y
youtu.be/7mScqgquCsg?t=4m26s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Range
Consistency
If it suits the character or not
Emotion

it's very simple
I like it or not

Monotone and over-enunciaton are pretty much universal.

You can easily tell somebody is bad at acting even if you can't understand what they are actually saying

I use my ears

It's like telling the difference between theatre and tv acting.

Every single japanese VA sound exactly the same, with the exception of Sugita.

Listen to the affect and the range of expression, as well as other added vocal traits. It's not really hard to tell what's bad.

Though of course you won't really be able to tell if a voice is cliched or whatever without experience.

Not OP, but could you guys give an example of bad voice acting in an anime? Just curious what you consider bad

Try listening to some hentai anime or low budget eroge voiceacting.

I guess I meant more general, accessible anime. Are there any performances in an anime you like that you consider bad?

Sorry but I can't really, I never really marked down when I hated something. It's only really happened a few times, but then again I haven't watched that many low budget anime.

Personally I hate Yuki Kaiji voice.

With the amount of talent they have available that's willing to work for next to nothing bad voicacting in anime pretty much never happens.
At worst you'll hear voices that sound amateur like the girls in Kitakubu except for Natsuki or Rento from C3-bu. It's not necessarily bad, but you can easily tell they didn't have the kind of training most Japanese VAs have.

youtube.com/watch?v=rk8qMP-HcXI

To me there is a day light difference between the performance for the red head, which is good, and for the dark haired guy, who fails to convey who character is or should be.

Hello Sup Forums.

You can't, which is why weebs prefer subs: so they don't have to admit that jp VA is just as bad as the english dub.

Well, you have ears don't you? That's like asking "how can you tell if foreign food tastes good?"

Flora, Asterisk S2. I don't know what they were thinking.

youtube.com/watch?v=nobR6D6tz7Y

To be fair though, this is probably less an issue of skill and more an issue of the director asking for pure earcancer for some inexplicable reason.

"That's pretty good, but can you make your voice sound a little bit more forced?"

The same as any other voiceactor.
Now fuck off, Sup Forumsermin.

MC of nobunagun was a novice and you could really tell.

Her inexperience almost made her cuter though.

They were thinking the same shit when they made 2 cour of that boring shit.

Bossun's sister from Sket Dance
Rento from C3-bu
Junichirou's sister from Denpa Kyoshi (caution: this anime is really really bad)

That one girl from JK Meshi.

There's also that one girl from Urawa Usagi-something. Probably a casting mismatch, but I feel she could have done better to fit the role. When you hear her, you will know.

In general, AKB48 member are bad voice actresses.

By being a turbo weeb and mindlessly thinking jap VA > gaijin VA

The good old circlejerk cast of American voice acting where range is irrelevant, over emphasizing everything is natural and you never be afraid to just shout your lines regardless of the context of the scene

youtu.be/7mScqgquCsg?t=4m26s
>SVP
I know, it's bullshit. Just posting the one I found on youtube so I can timestamp it easily.
This girl seriously doesn't sound like she's actually surprised or panicked, it sounds like the voice actress didn't give a shit and just read the script out loud without immersing herself in the situation. This is honestly one of the very few times in all my years of watching anime that voice acting has just sounded like really bad acting to me.

>Glorious Nippon
>Bad acting

Literally impossible

North Kaio in DBS

doesn't help that the VA is senile as fuck

you dant, thats why people pretend subs are better.

the sister in denpa kyoushi

DBZ, original pokemon

Most japanese VA is just as bad as English, but we don't understand the language so it's just not as grating.

The overemphasis on random words and an inability to emote properly are consistent no matter which language you choose. They're just inferior to real actors.

MC from ERASED
Early Frejya from Macross Delta
Maya from Fafner

>but we don't understand the language

Someone will keep on posting this in spite of so many examples already posted. People who lack the capacity to discriminate voice acting should not have opinions.

/ thread

>all these dubsfags

2016 Sup Forums huh

>vocal chords folded 1000 times

It fit her character, ironically. Also underrated OP that show had. It was fun.

This dumb cunt.

Serves me right for watching One Piece filler.

When you don't like it.