North American white guy thinking unironically about moving to Costa Rica to teach English...

North American white guy thinking unironically about moving to Costa Rica to teach English. What are the good things/bad things?

You'll probably be the tallest guy there.

Hin

It's pretty good. Nicaragua Panama and Costa Rica are the safest counties with nice people.

Fuck off, we're full.

Except for that one.

don't bother without first coming here and living for 6 months, on top of that you need a permission to work and prices are 2x of USA

Good. We've taught Sup Forums well.

Costa Rica is expensive now because a bunch of Boomers have retired there.

One of the bests countrys in latam, but the cities are a complete shithole, check where you will come.

The city is a complete shithole.

EscazĂș is the most decent place in SJ, nice white people and little crime.. but its expensive.

Why would anyone want to move to this shithole?
Stay in Canada for fuck's sake.

People move to Costa Rica to retire, not work there literally. Half my family did that to come to the USA.

The people are nice and it's a pretty country if you stay out of the cities.

>What are the good things/bad things?
Very low cost of living and that's about it. The heat and humidity are unbearable unless you've spent time in the deep south/Miami/Houston areas of the country. It's 90 during the day and 80 during the night, unless it's raining. Then it cools down a bit more. The mosquitoes are nonstop. The crime is bad. The water will make you sick. You can never drink it.

If you actually go there and you've never lived out of the country, one of the hardest things is getting used to not eating foods that you are used to. A lot of people try to buy imported US products and it kills your budget. If you have a job there you should be saving tons of money. To do that learn to eat like the locals. Rice, beans, platanos, yuca. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. That's actually another good thing about Latin America. The access to great fresh fruits that are too perishable to be sold in the US.

Even fruit like bananas taste better in Latin America. There are also a few different types of bananas. There are also fruits that are great that you may not have tried. Guava, gaunavana, nispero, chirimoya, mamon, lechosa. The pinepples are often smaller than in the US and they taste way better. The citrus is really too.

We're full.

>cuckqueen
lmao

>North American

is this how canadians introduce themselves abroad?

Stay away from San jose, Limon and Guanacaste

Don't you guys sew LEAF flags on your backpacks while travelling so people don't murder you?

Haha stupid fucking burger. LEAFED

I mainly just want a spicy costa rican girlfriend to cook me the food of her people while I teach their youth the superior language

They have a common spider there that, when it bites you, gives you priapism; and if you don't get medical aid quickly enough, which is hard to find at requisite quality on the island, you'll never be able to achieve an erection again.

I've never in my life heard of anyone getting bitten by anything like that, maybe if you go around exploring the fucking forests

That's because I lied about it.

That's ridiculous, why would anyone lie on the internet?

>saw this once, on american dad
Rake yourself

If I didn't have any reason to trust you the first time, why would I trust that you lied?

>The water will make you sick. You can never drink it.

I thought it was normal to be able to drink water from the tap, until I went to europe and I was told not to.

Yeah our water is really good considering our infrastructure is garbage

Because currency exchange rates means us Nortenos can move there like moderately wealthy people instead of the poor to moderate peasants we are here.

Also, shithole is all relative.

All Cretans are liars.

t. Cretan.