So, am i the only one who find her annoying and boring? She's just there to take Simón out of his depression...

So, am i the only one who find her annoying and boring? She's just there to take Simón out of his depression, she's just a fucking plot devise and a shitty love interest.
I'm not gonna drop it because i like crazy over the top shit but really, what were they thinking?

>a girl made to lose Simon's virginity

nia actively worsens gurren lagann for me and I hate her more and more every time I rewatch it

The show pretty much goes to shit when she shows up.

So, am i the only one who finds him annoying and boring? He's just there to take Luluco out of her normal life, he's just a fucking plot devise and a shitty love interest.
I'm not gonna drop it because i like crazy over the top shit but really, what were they thinking?

No I hated/hate her too,I hate her design, I hate her stupid eyes. I was really pissed they killed best girl Kamina (did not see it coming). Then this piece of rat comes in all "move on" and "get over it". She was never as likeable as the others and was just annoying.

She's a satellite love interest

She exists for no other reason than to be Simon's waifu on a platter

So much shit taste holy shit.

That's the joke.

She's essential because she's someone who never knew Kamina. She sees Simon for who he is, without any pretext that he's someone who has to live up to Kamina, and teaches him to just be himself (and understand Kamina's final words).

Nova is better than Nia

that's good and all but that doesn't make her a good character, actually, what you're saying makes my point about her being just a plot devise stronger.

You're not wrong OP. But no one watches ttgl for the girls

You're not necessarily wrong -- she is one of the more boring parts of the show. I'm just saying she's important. Ultimately it's things like Nia that make the action that much more satisfying.

This show went to shit when kamina died
It basically became a typical generic modern self insert battle shonen with mary sue mc, if it wasnt already at the start.
I cant like modern shonen MCs, the past ones were almost always goofy and pretending to be retarded most of the time, and kamina reminded me of that

Nothing about UPL is better than TTGL.

post >yfw when Kamina died

Yep she's a plot device made for Simon, just like Kamina

And yet, he's far less annoying than Nia.

>Mary Sue
>airhead moeblob
>brainwashed villain
>damsel in distress
Nia is a legit terrible, terrible character who only gets a free pass with idiots because of her design and shipping faggotry.