What does Sup Forums think about love hina? It was the first legit weeaboo anime I ever saw...

What does Sup Forums think about love hina? It was the first legit weeaboo anime I ever saw. The HD episodes were the only thing I bothered to save into a dvd after changing my old PC for a new one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oTa5CS-ZM9I
youtube.com/watch?v=qYM_bCqCTBE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

I will take that as a "we hate it"

It's hit and miss for some, but it's undeniably a classic, one I think is good. Growing up, it was my third harem after Tenchi Muyo and El Hazard. It'll always have a special place in my heart. Also, it was one of the few early harem where the best girl won.

love hina literally ruined anime

I like. It has been 18 years for the manga and 16 years for the anime, but the series aged well even by today's standards.

why?

thanks
thanks
I also love the opening
youtube.com/watch?v=oTa5CS-ZM9I

Not watching in Japanese, confirmed for fucking up your experience in the 90s.

Funny and cute.

Motoko is still best girl.

>It was the first legit weeaboo anime I ever saw
What did he mean by this?

Let's just say Naru was my first waifu.

>best girl won
Good joke.

I'm convinced that Love Hina is to blame for setting the standard for the genki/ara girl always losing. But that being said, I don't blame Love Hina itself. It wasn't the best show, but it was enjoyable to watch once.

Mutsumi really should have won. Though everyone with half a brain knew Naru was the winner from the start. Hence the standard she set.

Mutsumi > Motoko > Shinobu > Kitsune > Kaolla >>>>>>>>> Naru

every girl is best girl

Naru > Kanako > Kaolla > Shinobu > Motoko > Kitsune >>> Mutsumi

You are me except Love Hina was my 5th harem. I saw Nadesico and AMG as well before Love Hina.

Awesome taste.

Atrocious taste.

>Nadesico
>AMG
>Harem

Eh? nadatte?

Shit taste.

Best taste.

Naru was my waifu!

Yeah same here. I watched Tenchi, then read this entire manga. It warmed my heart then. If it came out today I would not bother watching it.

Are you joking? AMG is obvious without need to say it. For Nadesico, Yurika, Ruri, Ryoko, and Erina had/have feelings for Akito.

needing*

Keiichi likes Belldandy right from the start. He doesn't have an attraction to Urd or Skuld or Peoerth or anyone else. And he even rejects the Fairy Queen in the movie.

And in Nadesico, a bunch of girls may like the MC. But he only likes one. Vandread is closer to being a harem than Nadesico is.

Learn what a harem is.

Next you'll say Love Hina and Tenchi Muyo aren't harem. Harem MC's feelings is irrelevant. Being constantly surrounded by more than 2 girls that have affections of all sorts = harem.

Mein brothers of African ancestry.

So SAO isn't harem then?

>remember watching Love Hina
>"weeaboo" didn't exist
>"HD" didn't exist
Thanks for the feels

Love Hina is technically a love triangle if you just consider mutual attraction. But then you also have Shinobu and Matoko who like the MC. So I guess you can kind of say Love Hina is a Harem.

In Ah! Megami sama, Belldandy is the only one who likes Keiichi. Urd likes to tease him, but doesn't find him attractive. Skuld hates his guts for quite a while, then later in the manga she starts have feelings for him. Then the story quickly pairs her up with a boy of her own age and she no longer likes Keiichi. Poerth is just like Urd and has no attraction to the MC. And please don't tell you think his sister and the girl from the gear club like him, because they clearly don't. So in the end, its basically a straight love story.

>Being constantly surrounded by more than 2 girls that have affections of all sorts = harem.
No, that's just dumb. By your logic, Kimagure Orange Road is a harem, despite only having 2 girls. That's why its called a love TRIANGLE.

Love Hina is Nisekoi for early 2000's. It's better in some ways and worse in other ways. One could say Chitoge, who was the also best girl, won thanks to Love Hina's contributions in popularizing the trend set by Takahashi.

it's fucking awful

>Love Hina is technically a love triangle
I stopped there. You know jack shit about harem.

>Chitoge
>best girl
>ALSO the
Might want to get that shit taste checked out.

>Chitoge
>Naru
>best girls

>stopped reading
Probably because you're afraid further reading will prove the point.

Seriously, with your logic SAO and Monogatari aren't harems then.

>Kosakifags
>Mutsumifags
Deal with it, shit tastefags.

The worst girl won.
Literally every girl was better than Naru.

They would have to be divorced by now.

Naru and Chitoge are the best girls.

The best girl won.*
Literally every girl was worse than Naru.*

>samefagging

Don't reply to me ever again.

I know it may be a shock to you. But sometimes a show doesn't fit perfectly into a generalized genre or demographic.

Try again.

>Salty

cuck

I don't know what I'd think if I watched it today, but I have fond memories of watching it like 12 years ago. It gave me fluffy feelings. Maybe it started me on the path to 2D depravity. I don't regret it though.

Also, the music is still magical to me even today. Queue the complete collection thing and off I am to wonderland. Thanks in part to Okazaki Ritsuko.

youtube.com/watch?v=qYM_bCqCTBE

>1 minute apart

You gotta be trolling.

Kitsune best girl

>18:41:39
>18:42:07
Learn to math.

>literal phone posting

>first legit weeaboo anime
Not Ah My Goddess?

Nigga pls, I watched that shit on turboshit VCDs I burned from Kazaa.

First one is almost 2 mins and the second is less than a minute. Get your eyes checked.

Samefag.

To Love Ru Hina

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Kosaki and Mutsumifag.

Nearly a decade later and loserfags are still mad the best girl won.

No one can phonepost or edit that fast unless he's a machine or something. Stop being so butthurt because more than one person disagreed with your awful taste

It's the progenitor of everything wrong with Harems
>Childhood friend
Check
>Promise that you put way too much value on
Check, and Bonus points if much like the Promise here is retarded and makes no sense.
>Shitty overly violent Tsundere who should be checked into a mental home
Check
>Went on for too long because of drama
Check
>Wimpy beta MC
Check
>Wimpy Beta MC says he's going to try and get less wimpy but does not
Check
>Most if not all the other girls are left to live lonely lives devoid of love
Check
>Fanbase who acts contrarian to basic logic and the basic ideals of a working relationship because they want to act like Tsunderes aren't a serious mental illness.
Fucking Check.

>11 volumes
>too long

I never watched Love Hina, but I read the manga. It's funny how much I've changed. Back in those days I actually read localized physical copies of manga. Now I don't give even one shit about manga in any form.

>Learn what a harem is.
This. If a show has a clear, single winner, it's not a harem even if the MC had a million girls after his D.

It's a classic, but when compared to modern harem Love Hina can still compete and best many of them.

>it's not a harem even if the MC had a million girls after his D.
Listen up you faggots.

Monogatari is NOT a harem. Arararagi walked Hitagi home gently.
Sword Art Online is NOT a harem. Kirito is dating Asuna and had sex with her. TWO YEARS WORTH OF GLOP.
Mahouka is NOT a harem. Onii-sama is asexual, and can only have feelings for Miyuki.
Nisekoi is NOT a harem. Ichijou is in love with Onodera, and as the title suggest, his love for Chitoge is FAKE.
Toradora is NOT a harem. Taiga fucking won.
Yahari is NOT a harem. 8man has been shown to have no romantic interest in any of them, just sexual attraction.
Danmachi is NOT a harem. Bell is clearly shown to only have interest in Ais.
Index is NOT a harem. Touma punches every girl he meets. That's not love.
Log Horizon is NOT a harem. Shirou is not a pedo, and the only other valid contender is Akatsuki.
Cross Ange is NOT a harem. Ange is straight and has no feelings for Hilda. Plus She and Tusk had SEX.
Absolute Duo is NOT a harem. Why do you think it's called Absolute DUO and not Absolute HAREM?
The World God Only Knows is NOT a harem. Keima confessed his love to Chihiro!
Dog Days is NOT a harem. Cinque and Millhiore declared their love for each other. Rebecca has no chance.
OreShura is NOT a harem. Eita is dating Silver. They even kissed in front of everyone.
Love Hina is NOT a harem. Keitaro and Naru got married and they love each other very much.
Saekano is NOT a harem. It's about how to raise _A_ boring girlfriend.
Rakudai is NOT a harem. Ikki proposes to Stella in vol 3!

I repeat: Rakudai is NOT A HAREM.

Nisekoi is Love Hina done wrong.

>Cross Ange is NOT a harem. Ange is straight and has no feelings for Hilda. Plus She and Tusk had SEX.
Great post, m8, had a good chuckle on this one.

>Ah! My Goddess
Thanks for reminding me of the NTR.

Careful, brah. You're gonna pop a vein with those hot opinions.

If I'm not mistaken, Narusegawa Naru was Yui Horie's breakout role. If there's one thing the anime did well, it was bringing her to life beautifully.

Also, I prefer Naru's healthier character design in the TV series vs the manga/Love Hina Again.

It should have been 6.
The entire time the audience could have told you Naru was the childhood 'friend'.
It was dragged by that, her inhuman Tsundere actions and reactions and more.

The harems for the next 10 years did copy Love Hina. But it really didn't invent any of those things. Something like Ranma or Kimagure Orange Road should get the blame before Love Hina.

Even having a Tsubdere bitch win over the nice genki girl was done way before in KOR. And much MUCH worse as the entire show is built on a misunderstanding that could have been cleared up in episode 1. Love Hina at least uses the excuse that the girls can't remember all the details of the promise.

Nisekoi is NOT a harem. Ichijou is in love with Onodera, and as the title suggest, his love for Chitoge is FAKE.

Yahari is NOT a harem. 8man has been shown to have no romantic interest in any of them, just sexual attraction.

i mah triggered

>misusing weeaboo
lurk more fuck off

So if Mutsumi won then just replace your complaint about tsundere with
>overly boring doormat deredere who should be checked into a mental home
>act like doormat deredere aren't a serious mental illness

It's true though.
The more a harem follows this list, the worse it is.
I mean Hell look at World's End Harem
>Childhood friend
Check
>Promise that has too much value and is stupid
Check and Check
>Will go on too long because of Drama
Check
>Wimpy Beta MC
Check
>Wimpy Beta MC tries to get less wimpy
Made a promise he'd fuck after a month and then goes back on it making him not only more wimpy but more of a scummy dick
>Most if not all the other girls are left to live lonely lives devoid of love
Considering at best there are what was it? 50 million males in cryo sleep and that there are 5 billion women supposedly alive? I'm going to hazard a guess and say 200-500 million women are still going to end up lonely as fuck regardless if MC finds a cure or not
All it's missing is the Tsundere and fanbase, but thinking those will add to it is like thinking shitting on a dumpster fire will help

Garbage version of Nisekoi

>this thread
THK triggered alert.

Unless the MC beat her and she did nothing. No.
Naru on the other hand is actually violent. Which IS a case of mental illness you dumb contrarian fuck.
I know you probably think otherwise because you mommy was probably telling you it's okay because of the shiner your dad gave her after drinking some cheap shit to get his courage back, but in the civilized world that is called Domestic Abuse and is illegal.
Being a housewife who doesn't treat her spouse like shit is not.

If Mutsumi won, it would have torn the very fabric of Otaku culture and Love Hina would have become hated instead of the model for Harems. Then something like Green Green or Full Metal Panic would be blamed for starting the 'formula'.

No one cares, you crazy manic.

Then don't talk about Love Hina and other shitty harems and get told the truth.

I know I would. It woukd be as bad as Kosaki winning. That sort of trend would be the shittiest.

Make me. I love harem and you can't stop me from liking what I like.

>truth
Reddit pls.

loser mango done right, similar to Maison Ikkoku in that aspect, only thing that kinda sucked was Keitaro going full Seta at the end
Naru an her Tsudereness were qt to watch.

>Triggering THK's rationalization
Nice job.

Agreed.

Look user. I can't make you understand you've got a mental illness. I'm not a two bit shrink who sits you down for an hour and then puts you on pills to collect a paycheck.
I'm just some guy whose trying to get his jollies off to pregnant polygamous harems but keep getting MCs who'd sooner cut their own dicks off than actually fuck a woman whose mental condition is in the okay area.

In no way is Mary best girl. She's borderline abusive and she's boring as fuck. Keitaro's arc has him forming himself into a clone of Seta in order for her to accept him. It's stupid.

At least they should have made whom he'd end up with much more ambiguous, and given her some redeeming traits.

>Mary
For fucks sake, Naru - fuck autocorrect

It's funny how you project mental illness onto others and have this constant need to justify your own insecurities. If anything, you should get yourself checked. Especially when you take Chinese cartoons super seriously.

I knew how it was going to end within the first half of the first episode (This was my first harem mind you) - it's certainly no masterpiece. In spite of that it was some stupid fun I could easily settle into when I was in the mood.

This. Haremshit was around before Love Hina, and love triangle high school romcoms were already basically the same basic strategy with a couple different cliche sets as early as the late 70s with popular Adachi and Rumiko adaptations. People who blame Love Hina or think that this kind of thing is new need to read and watch more.

One thing I dislike in retrospect is that the girls just start falling fot Keitaro for no particular reason. Had he grown in a meaningful way, perhaps this would have made sense but he's an entitled, deluded autist for the entire manga/show.