Shaft

THIS is what Shaft shits out after a half a decade of working on it and delaying it a billion times?

Is Shaft the laziest studio?

Other urls found in this thread:

sakuga.yshi.org/data/2973f7d7375560a9f273c46cf6520d73.mp4
sakuga.yshi.org/data/d25700f0d070d311f30a705063bb9911.mp4
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22989/animated-artist_unknown-beams-effects-explosions-g
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22990/animated-artist_unknown-beams-effects-fighting-gun
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/24169/animated-artist_unknown-beams-effects-explosions-f
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/24170/animated-artist_unknown-beams-effects-explosions-f
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22341/animated-artist_unknown-character_acting-effects-f
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22335/animated-artist_unknown-effects-explosions-fightin
youtube.com/watch?v=nYT4mlZKHlU&list=PLiCyjRIG1hjqivbAxFkgv8tLqzIVHNznu&index=5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Is Shaft the laziest studio?
No.

if only more studios would be capable of pulling such great animation cuts.

> THIS

Absolutely

>Shaft
>Great animation cuts
Nigga, are you serious?

>He post movie
Every top studio could easily do that in their movie, well except Toei

> Every top studio could easily do that in their movie
Tell us when they will do

You can get good animation if you throw enough money on it; you can't get good direction as easily. That's why Shaft is superior to most.

>flat characters
>photo & blender render BG
>good direction

Enough of this meme.

The opening post is literally from the movie though. It shouldn't be surprised when someone counters from a scene in the very same movie.

>well except Toei
Toei does better
sakuga.yshi.org/data/2973f7d7375560a9f273c46cf6520d73.mp4

It's artistic you buffoon.

A-1 and SHAFT (aka A-2) seem to be competing to see who can push the standard of animation the lowest and still make money.

I don't care as long as I like the result.

>this thread again
Don't you guys get tired of the autism?

Reminder that Shaftfags can't deal with the fact that KyoAni is superior.

sakuga.yshi.org/data/d25700f0d070d311f30a705063bb9911.mp4
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22989/animated-artist_unknown-beams-effects-explosions-g
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22990/animated-artist_unknown-beams-effects-fighting-gun
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/24169/animated-artist_unknown-beams-effects-explosions-f
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/24170/animated-artist_unknown-beams-effects-explosions-f
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22341/animated-artist_unknown-character_acting-effects-f
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22335/animated-artist_unknown-effects-explosions-fightin

Watch more anime, newfag.

first one is forced animation

why is toei so shit now? they used to be great in the 90s

A lot of talent moved on.

It's a recreation of an iconic and character relationship redefining scene from the originals 2nd movie. I can forgive Yaz for going a little ham on it.

I actually really liked that sequence.

At least they have Shingo Fujii

I've been seeing screenshots and webms of the Monogatari series here since 2010, and I still have no idea what the fuck is it about other than fanservice.

youtube.com/watch?v=nYT4mlZKHlU&list=PLiCyjRIG1hjqivbAxFkgv8tLqzIVHNznu&index=5

Required listening if you're going to do that scene.

Well first of all those are Sunrise and 2nd of Toei have a lot of long running series to worry about. They always cut corners though. Maybe you should watch some old Fist of The North Star and Saint Seiya episodes or something

Their standards weren't raised with the rest of the industry.

Supernatural drama interspersed with comedy.

Aside from Bake, Owari, and a few SS arcs it's nothing but TRASH

They're not just moved on, a lot of them were funds their own studio.

>what the fuck is it about other than fanservice.
Well, you are basically already saw 90% contents of monogatari franchise to be honest.

Watch Bake and ignore the rest. The rest are just waifu pandering & fanservice.

>if only more studios would be capable of pulling such great animation cuts.
You can't make cuts on something that doesn't exist

Girls have problems that are a weird mix of psychological and supernatural.
As in they actually have super natural effects but at the same time those exist because of their minds or something.
It's really fucking weird, very japanese.

It's anime about garbage plot anemated in powerpoint

Season 2 has less fanservice than bake.

SHAFT is so terrible.

Don't bother watching if you don't know Japanese and aren't experienced with the ideas of the Japanese New Wave

It's about a guy that plays around with a bunch of girls one at a time, and then you self insert as that guy and you can pretend you have a bunch of girlfriends, or something.

What ideas of the Japanese New Wave are reflected in the Monogatari series?

Reminder that Kizumonogatari is Misuse of French New Wave style cuts: The Movie.

I don't think you could know what any but the most generic shows are about just by looking at screenshots and webms.
Just watch a couple episodes.

such as

>misuse

>watching shaft drivel

Both Shaft and kyoani are shit.

You just don't understand, user.

Please try to keep your replies relevant to the thread.

It's the evangelion of fanservice.

I hate Monogatari for the most part and I'm forced to admit this was this decade's best movie.

A modern version of Mononoke.

>Check the OST
>March 26th

they weren't working on it for half a decade, they worked on it for a year or two until it hit production hell and aniplex bullshit. they had to put on back burner and eventually aniplex decided to chop it into parts

Itt: Nothing but kyoani fags Shitposting.

buffoone

Nah, Kimi no Nawa will be the best movie of the year.

>Decade
Are you high or something? It can't even tops A1's Anthem of The Heart

>Kimi no Nawa
shinkai is the biggest hack in the industry

>Projecting this much
I'm not even Kyoanifag. But, they're still better than shaft since they put a lot of effort into their works.

> the ideas of the Japanese New Wave
"That nuclear reactor is getting full of itself, let's go fuck with it"?

>Kaguya-hime
>Tamako Love Story
>Anthem of the Heart
>Wolf Children
>Rebellion
Yeah, no

GOMENNASAI GOMENNASAI GOMENNASAI GOMENNASAI GOMENNASAI GOMENNASAI GOMENNASAI GOMENNASAI GOMENNASAI GOMENNASAI

Stop complaining and stop watching what you don't like

>biggest hack
See Not as big as Shaft apparently

I'm okay with shaft being lazy because of loli

>1246765459450.jpg
しね

This

What?

I don't care about animation quality as much as I find art direction to be more important.

This movie in particular was pretty damn good as far as art direction goes, and it's a style only monogatari would really fit.

The colors were nice, the backdrops were interesting, and there's nothing like it on the scene right now. The only problem I had with it was when there was movement against the scenery, it looked kind of amateurish.

But who gives a shit? Man I can't believe how many people shitpost about this like get the fuck over it lmao

The coloring was garbage though.

> B-But Kyoani is better! That means shaft is shit !

>when it's a 30 minute episode you didn't wait half a decade for SHAFT's laziness is fine
>it's just a few scenes and a shit ton of CG

Haven't been this disappointed since MGS:V.

Nobody is talking about Kyoto Animation in this thread.

I liked it.

They were all very warm colorings, and I think it suit the overall tone very well.

Man I don't give a FUCK about kyoani user why did you bring them up? Everything pales in comparison to old animation so what's the point?

Okay I'm sorry. I tought I was in another thread

except this looks like shit

>Everything pales in comparison to old animation
Oh, so you're THAT kind of guy

autism

ITT nerds arguing over irrelevent shit. Delete this thread.

Why are you projecting?
that's exactly what an autist in denial would write.
fuck off autist

Well it's true, user.

It doesn't mean necessarily that nothing can ever come close, but bad animation today is much worse than bad animation of yesterday.

I think a huge part of it is just the shift in anime art direction since everyone shifted to modern animation techniques.

>sperging out

>bad animation today is much worse than bad animation of yesterday
Seriously, no.

>autist in denial

wow that looks like total shit.

Don't worry, a bullet can fix you right up.

ow the edge

That arm grosses me out a little

People need to remember that this is just the first third of a three hour movie that SHAFT is showing as 3 parts instead of 2 to make more money. I highly doubt they did much production after the first movie came out in theaters. If the rest of the movies maintain this level of pretty good quality for the entire three hours, they've been doing a pretty good job.

>this level of pretty good quality
It's mediocre quality for a movie.

>implying Toei didn't peak with Igarashi's Ojamajo Doremi and Ashita no Nadja, Nakamura's Mononoke and Kuuchuu Buranko, Matsumoto's Kyousougiga, Hosoda's Digimon movies and OP movie 6.

Kizu direction was on the next level. It's not your typical anime movie.

kino

>Dat Adobe After Effect blood splatters
Jesus christ.

Believe in me comrade user, I used to think just the same. But then after years and years after having dropped Bake midway while airing I marathoned the entire franchise and it's amazing fucking cool shit.
Half the episodes are fanservice? Not always, and when they are they usually show while discussing it, so you can stand all the asses and titis if they annoy you. And I repeat, it'll be worth it.

The character animation is ok for the most part, but when the camera is far away they use a shitty CGI model with robotic animation for the characters.
But the worst thing about this movie is the blatantly CGI background that tries to look realistic. Shaft backgrounds never were work of art, however I liked the atmosphere that they invoked. But this movie's backgrounds stand out too much, and I mean it in a bad bad way, some of the backgrounds fell really off in compassion with the rest of the movie.

I liked some of the new characters design though.

truely kino

>it's good because there's blood everywhere!
>it's good because he's walking towards the light!
>it's good because he's looking up!
>it's good because there's a huge tree and lots of crows!
>it's good because he looks angry and he's slouching in his chair!
>it's good because she's not moving!
>it's good because there's a tear in her eye!
>it's good because there's lens flare!
>it's good because the way down looks very long!
>it's good because there's another huge tree!
>it's good because they're looking of into the distance!
The last one is actually decent imagery.

Who are you quoting?