How long will it be until we get a deconstruction of the deconstruction genre?

How long will it be until we get a deconstruction of the deconstruction genre?

>A deconstruction of a deconstruction

What would that even look like?

These shit needs to stop..

A show about an anime script-writer suffering heavy depression, after a woman left him due to his immense ego, as he is suddenly forced to make an anime show with limited budget, while completely incapable of not projecting himself and his own shit nobody cares about into the story.

Make the show be actually a fucking disaster of writing, make art critics love it because it confuses them so, and make it be successful in the end, feeling that he did not deserve his success built on negative effort, feeling that everything is a lie.

That's precisely why we need a deconstruction of a deconstruction. Deconstructions are how you kill off popular industry trends.

How long until we get a reconstruction of a deconstruction?

Like a show that starts off with an ultra-grounded and cynical analysis of itself and then slowly drifts in to a happy and mindless fiction?

that sound a little bit like Bojack Horseman
Change writing for acting as Secretariat, it's kinda similar

>re:zero
>deconstruction

>expected to be triggered by rezero
>see madoka
Even less of a deconstruction than rezero

madoka isn't deconstruction, it just uses subversion to tell its story.

Isn't that what happened in the last two episodes of eva?

If you're gonna pick any of the three to nitpick whether it's a real deconstruction, Madoka is probably the furthest from a one because it's questionable what's actually getting deconstructed.

Re:Zero is clearly deconstructing Isekai.

I mean, in the light of our present day internet culture, it's an important topic, since you can already see cycles and patterns form in the neigbouring genres and media - particularly the self-loathing associated with time-wasting activities like anime watching or video games.

Hideaki Anno despairs over the fans of Evangelion, because Evangelion is his attempt to communicate that the real world is worth living in, and escapism is a waste of time, at best just something to learn from and move on. To be a fan of Evangelion is to miss the entire fucking point of it.

Undertale is a hit popcultural game made on an indie developer's knee, and it's story is about a child that falls into the underground, which is a metaphor for the player running away from life by playing video games. When you finish the game, it tells you to fuck off and live your life now that you've rested, in terms so certain you'd have to be retarded not to get it. To be a fan of Undertale is to miss the entire fucking point of it.

Isn't this interesting for a fourth act twist? The protagonist uses the medium he hates to tell people to abort the medium, and by being successful fails. It was a fool's errand and he will have to deal with it. If his work had positively influenced anyone, it will result of him never having anything to do with that person again. There's a martyr complex in this and shit, too.

>To be a fan of Evangelion is to miss the entire fucking point of it.
it seems like you're the one who missed the point

Madoka is not a deconstruction.

>deconstruction genre
You seem to have less understanding of what a deconstruction is than the average TVTropes user.

Deconstructions aren't necessarily cynical, just realistic.
Madoka fit until Rebellion, though.

I am a sucker for deconstructions :(

Don't hit user-kun

>Re:Zero is clearly deconstructing Isekai.
It's not.

>To be a fan of Evangelion is to miss the entire fucking point of it.
"Being a fan" is not the same thing as escapism, though I will admit the two things are very close in modern culture.

I absolutly love the people who adore the world of evangelion and would kill to pilot EVAs.

Anno is a big fan of all kinds of Japanese franchises, he's not saying to fuck off he's just saying there is more to life and to be more self aware.

Because it's about ancient aliens, ayy?

Fuck off. Evangelion is entirely and completely just about what the characters are going through and how the viewer can relate to it, if they can. If you didn't get anything out of it, you're probably a completely normal person with no real problems and that's fine. If you got something out of it and rewatch it once every five years, that's even better. If you project yourself so hard on the show that you lurk evageeks every day and F5 the site of studio khara because surely today they will publish the trailer for 4.0 in just a few minutes, then it can be safely said that the show had ruined your life.

And that's what I see when I look at Undertale tumblrinas. Those characters wouldn't want to spend their whole lives with you. They already all have their own lives. They were trying to tell you to find your own fucking friends, real ones. Good job missing the fucking point.

(cool get though)

It seems like an interesting experience, but the world as-is would suck. If it was a game where you couldn't really die, maybe. And now I'm realizing people are specifically not thinking of fictional worlds as "like the real world". It just gets deeper and deeper.

I want to see a deconstruction of anime as whole.

Have a show start out as one kind of genre, deconstruct it, and then reconstruct in to a completely different genre to make a statement about how the same kinds of problems exist across the entire medium.

>Re:Zero is clearly deconstructing Isekai.

don't tell me you think its a deconstruction just because of "le suffering xd"

like, I would love to get to ride in a EVA like I would love to drive a Ferrari but being a *child* soldier doesn't tickle my fancy, you know?

>you can't like evangelion because it tells otakus to go outside
if you seriously think this then you're brain damaged

>Those characters wouldn't want to spend their whole lives with you. They already all have their own lives. They were trying to tell you to find your own fucking friends, real ones.
This is the point of a lot of stories, and it saddens me to see people so blatantly missing the point. Even worse if they love the characters for being such great people, but instead of adopting those views, they go further into hating others.

>the deconstruction genre
There's no such genre.

Exactly. Granted, perhaps my psychological background could change things, but then the events shown in the series itself do a good job to break them down even more.

That's not what that user said though. They said it's good to like it and get something from it, bad to devote your life to it.

Mekakucity actors already did that.

Not him but
>protagonist has a terrible time with his supposed harem
>acts aggressive because he thinks he owns the main heroine
>can't do shit for himself, has to rely on others instead
>ommits game mechanics jokes

Technically, Konosuba could count as a deconstruction too for similar reasons. Only in this case it plays it for comedy.

None of them are playing the genre straight and generic. They're not escapist fantasies.

>That's not what that user said though.
it is though
see >To be a fan of Evangelion is to miss the entire fucking point of it.

Do you like being reminded of your childhood traumas and faults? So much that you would rewatch the show a lot of times just to be reminded of what a fuck-up you are? Because that's mostly what the show does. There's very little positive reinforcement.

you're just assuming that someone can only like evangelion if they had a traumatic childhood and that nobody can appreciate it as a work of art.

fuck off.

Although I would like to say "Haruhi Suzumiya", a deconstruction is taking tropes and putting them into a realistic setting. Switching genres isn't really a reconstruction. Though, yeah, obviously, there are tropes that show up all the time that just don't work.

Those are subversive, not decontructive.

having something to reflect on any work of art is basically requirement to appreciate it. Sure, it doesn't have to be cripling childhood traumas but a period of depression or loneliness can do wonder for your appriciation of evangelion.

I want to see a show that talks about casuals reactions to Eva.
Like a character that acts not on his own will but others, and has to pretend to be all badass while he's breaking inside and no one around him wants to listen. This would be for the fags that try to self insert as Shinji but get mad when he has realistic reactions to piloting a robot against a fucking giant alien.

Maybe even play about the little effort people put when trying to understand eva, just calling it "mindfucks" when the author is clearly trying to express something but people don't get it for that same lack of empathy, but in this case instead of the director, it's the opposing force, the antagonist, trying to communicate but it gets constantly attacked by this warmonger organization.

It makes sense if you use the old definition, 'fanatic'.
Eva has a lot of positive reenforcement in its ending. If you relate to it you appreciate the darkness because it feels like it's speaking to you honestly.

We already of Nadesico.

>suffering is deconstruction xD
Please stop.

>having something to reflect on any work of art is basically requirement to appreciate it.
no it isn't

What the fuck is a deconstruction?

Hiroshima kamikaze is your average high school student who hates 3D girls and is a cynical virgin, until a genki magical girl opens his heart. After several heart warming adventures teaching him to live and love he plans on confessing to her only to walk in on her tight pussy being pounded. He runs home crying only for two laughing whores to tell him anime can't make you a better person and then laugh at him. The NTR is so intense he is teleported to another world where he discovers he is still a friendless virgin in a mmo

At this point the second cor starts where we get the guy from one and teekyu to draw his bugs bunny like adventures where he's just fighting shit and dressing up like a women, like a non shitty version of a shounen. Half of the episode is really good one drawings and the other half is deen-like teekyu drawings, we just smash them together with no transition and call it a deconstruction of the one studio genre

Also we add in yanderes and traps

I guess that you can appriciate something for its technique but to truly appriciate anything you need some kind of connection to it. You need the work to "speak" to you.

you can have a connection to something without self inserting as the main character

Taking apart (deconstructing) tropes and putting them back together in a realistic setting. For example, a tsundere who has a bad past with men being the reason she's hostile before warming up to a guy.
Granted, strictly speaking, not everything needs a reason (being a tsundere isn't an unbelievable personality that just exists), but the point is that it's realistic. This does NOT mean it is necessarily darker, though some may be, and not all subversions are deconstructing anything (if you're familiar with Team Plasma in Pokémon BW).

Taking a trope and telling you why it wouldn't work outside of fantasyland.

You may have made this as a joke but I can dig this

Sir Pratchet's works are rather good example of light hearted deconstruction.

Well, no, liking Eva is perfectly fine. I like Utena to an unhealthy degree myself, and Demo put the finer parts of Eva well in his videos about the sequels. In , I just made fun of what is normally called 'deconstruction', because it seems to be expressed by screwing with the audience. In that case, a deconstruction of deconstruction should just break both the fourth walls, and be all about the audience.

Now, Semiotics and subversion go hand in hand, which is pretty close in deconstruction, by definition of which these shows aren't quite what deconstruction is, but that's the word nerds use for it.

It ends on very sour note, though. The positive reinforcement lies in telling you shit like it is, which can be reassuring. But then it makes a point to remind you that going back is really hard. It's meant to leave you vulnerable and doubting, but in a state in which you can probably help yourself.

It will turn into a mere reconstruction.

Yay, we already have the thing we were crying after! Isn't OP bright?

>thinking that appreciating something as art has anything to do with its plot or themes
How fucking pleb could you be?

Technically, it's impossible to even say whether or not Re:Zero is or isn't a deconstruction without knowing what the end looks like.

However, you can definitely say that the anime has progressed pretty much exactly like a deconstruction. Arc 1 is a Isekai personified, but since then, the show has grown further and further from Isekai as Subaru's realistic NEET behavior become incompatible with his situation.

pretty pictures? Kabaneri best animu 2k16

I would watch the FUCK out of this
I might even plagarise this if I ever make an anime, manga , or shitty fanfiction
FUCKING SAVED

you almost ruined the thread

Don't lie, If Subaru and Shinji were cute little meguca with the same personalities and problems, Sup Forums would fucking love them.

They'd be best megucas.

I'll have to check it out; they're so rare, and when they happen, no one talks about them as they are.
I don't think deconstructions are as well-known outside of anime, either.

>Sup Forums doesn't like Shinji
>Sup Forums doesn't think Shinji is best girl
What??

Not sure if sarcasm.

Awkward.

>He got cuck'd so hard he went to another world.
Fucking my sides.

Here's an easy example:

>Your average high school setting
>MC joins a club with cute girls
>They don't want to sleep with him because he's a beta male who joined a girly club
>He gets bullied constantly and it effects him emotionally
>Kills himself

Basically it's taking an overused premise with disconnections with the real world, and then splashing reality on it. That's the soft definition at least. There's also a hard literal definition that entails a few other requirements.

I'll do my best to make a deconstruction of a deconstruction.

>A tomboy joins a baseball club thinking she can be one of the boys and it would increase her popularity.
>She gets shit talked to by her fellow team members and is never put on the field because she's not as good as them.
>She is made to get towels for the team.
>One day one of the boys decide to befriend her and help her practice.
>They become close and she believes with his help she can become the greatest player on the team.
>He gets her to deliver stuff to the locker room.
>Inside is the entire team.
>Tomboy get gangraped including the guy who was her friend.
>She quits the team and never does sports again.
>Pictures are spread around the school and she transfers schools.
>A new girl tomboy girl joins the baseball team thinking the other girl simply gave up on becoming the best.
>The events of the story repeat and the end.

Re:Zero is not a deconstruction. People think that it is, but it isn't. It looks like deconstruction, because main hero is a very-very dump. He is around 18 years old and he is acting like 14 years old Ikari Shinji would not. Very-very dump.

>Doing things you like is not living your life correctly because according to normalfags you should go out and drink
JUST
U
S
T

This anno is such a wise man

>What is Bakemonogatari

The quality of posts is very important to this community.

That's just a regular deconstruction.

18 year old are dumb too. Only somebody under 20 would disagree.

People of any age can be dumb. Wisdom doesnt necessarily comes with age.

In order to have a deconstruction, it needs to be gradual, and reconstruct itself within the long run. Re:Zero technically has this with its protagonist:
> When you believe it is a isekai story about a hero saving waifus--> Turns out to be a failure of a human being wanting to be the hero--> Reconstructs himself to being a real hero.
This is actually the best part about Re:Zero.

Sup Forums already likes Shinji, and yes I speak for all of Sup Forums.

Your brain doesn't fully mature until you're about 25. Being old doesn't necessarily mean you're wise, but almost everybody at 25 or older would tell you that they are much much wiser now than they were at 18.

I'm pretty sure deconstruction has a different meaning from the buzzword going around.
If I had to use it to describe something it would probably be a show like Kotoura-san.

Kill la Kill?

Deconstruction isn't a genre you mongoloid.

Last year we finally got magical boys, anime is becoming self-aware. I'm sure it'll happen soon enough.

Tfw this won't become an anime.