2LT Rapone Update

>the plot thickens

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycaller.com/2016/05/11/west-point-rules-black-power-salute-cadet-photo-was-not-political/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>investigation
what fucking investigation, is it a mystery whether he's a commie?

They haven't pulled this guy yet, they aren't gonna. I suppose that means communism is okie doke now.

Maybe they're grooming another Lee Harvey Oswald.....

I think the issue Ltc heffington is dancing around is the decreased admission standards at usma. Black cadets have a .6 lower gpa than white cadets and make up a majority of honor code violations. The difficulties of the academy have been replaced by bureaucratic bullshit and meaningless, check the box trainings.
Not to mention we now have a transgender recent graduate running around making noise

>decreased admission standards
>no discipline
>gender and race studies
The entire faculty up to and including the commandant needs to be court martialed. This is classic Communism.

This sounds plausible.

Good reading for anyone who thinks the US military shouldn't be an open target for White nationalist terrorist attacks. They are weak and incompetent.

They'll discharge him or keep him permanently at 1st Lieutenant. They need to do a full investigation and find out exactly what happened and when if they can.

When an enlisted guy does something stupid (DUI, domestic assault, UA) they NJP him or write it up and let the next guy up decide what to do with it.

An officer requires a lot more than a week or a month of paper work. Some investigations go on for years. Especially if the events are public. If he is too much of a problem they could kick him out today but he isn't hurting anything sitting around doing nothing or even working/training.

Nobody in the military except the absolute top brass is happy about this.

What you have is politicians using the military for social experiments and seeing how much bullshit the average grunt will put up. Career officers who are ready to make the jump to the government when they retire in a few years are all too happy to prove how progressive they are and besides they are so detached from the lives of junior officers and the entirety of the enlisted community they couldn't give less of a fuck.

I hope this fuck gets kicked out

I updated the image to include Heffington's sworn statement regarding Rapone, created back in 2015.

No, you don’t want him kicked out. He needed to be assigned to a census of penguin dick length in the Arctic. Make him spend the next 5 years trying to find one. With any luck he will be eaten by a Polar Bear. They can make a Coke commercial about it.

The whole affair looks like a systemic leadership failure. This will require a massive shakeup to restore confidence not only in West Point, but in the merit of officer academies at all.

Rapone's behavior was known to many officers according to the sworn statement I added to the image. It would be difficult to believe otherwise. In order for him to get by without repercussion there must be systemic failure in academy leadership. When I attended USMA this would have been squashed very early, during beast (basic training) had he been this way at the time.

I'm a USNA grad and have a brother at USMA right now. The difference between what I experienced back then and what is happening know is appauling. Diversity has destroyed our military academies and more importance is placed on academics than servant leadership and military effectiveness.

I want to see his latest OER!!

but if he is dismissed
that has the same effect as a dishonorable discharge for enlisted

My USNA roommate was a black football player who had a 450 math and 500 verbal on the SAT. I can personally attest to the decrease in standards. Not to mention he had 2 honor violations and was given restriction almost monthly. Meanhwhile I'm a white male who had to work my ass off with a 780/800 SAT and was still put on a hold for admission. This is the reason I graduated, did my 5 years and promptly left the aervice.

Even when I was there it was clear there were two academies at USMA: one for 'corps squad' athletes and another for everyone else. I'm beginning to think that the corps squad standard metastasized and has taken over academy culture entirely.

I can only imagine how social media and ubiquitous smart-phones have decimated cadet morale, as cadets undoubtedly pine with jealousy over their former high school friend's escapades in "normal" university life.

The solutions to these problems will require someone with a real spine not afraid to ban anything and everything that stands in the way of producing fine officers.

We would not win a war with Iran, let alone Russia. God help us.

Lest not forget the black power salute a certain group of cadets did outside their barracks.

dailycaller.com/2016/05/11/west-point-rules-black-power-salute-cadet-photo-was-not-political/

The Army let this go on and now they are going to eat shit for it.

Rapone, Ross, Hosein, and that malaisian fuck are all part of the commie ring.

So's Obama.

After reading thar sworn statement from 2015
Ltg caslen can pretty much fuck off with any excuses

Agreed. Caslen's been superintendent since July 2013 - a very long stint for that assignment. My bet is he'll retire or move on to another post and they'll try to spin it as a "fresh start" for the academy with nothing substantial done to fix the systemic issues.

Well lets hope his next post is casey then

buump

anymore info?

No, but I can speculate.

As a graduate I had heard of Rapone ever since the scandal first surfaced a couple of weeks ago. I had never heard of LTC(ret) Heffington, his open letter, or his 2015 sworn statement. I feel confident in speculating that most graduates were the same.

It is very, very unusual for the academy to send an e-mail addressing all graduates. I can't recall it ever happening for any reason. The email then links to an official letter to all graduates by the superintendent. I've also never seen that happen.

The superintendent then goes out of his way to mention Heffington and his open letter.

Either the superintendent is terribly incompetent when it comes to managing PR, or he actually wants the entire 'long gray line' to read the letter, get extremely pissed off, and force drastic change. It may very well be that his play here is to get everyone so pissed off that the academy is forced to reform from outside pressure.

Or, in the local vernacular:
>muh 3D chess