Thunderbolt Fantasy

Anyone here watches Urobutcher's new work?

Yep

Wait the butcher is writing that? The artstyle kept me away, but I might need to check it out.

Yes. Lancer and murderhobo are best puppets.

>artstyle

It's literally a Taiwanese puppet show. As in actual puppets. No animation.

No. Creepy puppets from uncanny valley are a huge deterrent.

I went on to watch ep 1 just for the keks
Was left deeply impressed at the skill of puppeteer, voice acting,special effects and most of all the fucking story is RAD as fuck.
It hooked me totally.
Only thing is that its a bit unusual, but you get used to it after ep 1 and its a literal AOTS (if you can call it anime)

Don't forget the OST, they got fucking Sawano, the absolute madmen

Show is amazing so far. I nearly didn't watch it too. I was surprised to find out that Urobuchi and Nitro+ are basically doing everything, including the character design.

Ninja Slayer and Inferno Cop looked worse.

You wrote pipebro and deadbrother wrong.

Do not fap to wooden puppets, they are 3D.

How come mods allow discussion of Taiwanese puppet shows on Sup Forums, but will delete LN threads?

Oh yeah the fucking OST is amazing, I was nearly blown away at the battle scenes, and the characters are all fucking unique, I never expected this amount of effort to go in what I expected was a power rangers tier show. I think this is a beggining of something new and beautiful and this one will be forever in my good memory. I see no way of them fucking this up.

I want to but dolls creep me out.
Could you describe the soundtrack to me? I'm wary of Sawano's work after the travesty that was Xenoblade X, adding lyrics to a song does not automatically make it good, Sawano, for fucks sake.

There's some vocal but it's HUH, HUHUH tier. I don't know what happened to Sawano for Xeno, it really was fucking strange not that this trash censored game on a dead hardware deserved any better to be honest.

*it's not, thankfully.

Just watched all 4 episodes, I'm pleasantly surprised.
I for one welcome our new Taiwanese pupet-masters

I like how you aspies are pretending that getting sawano is a good thing.

Is it a good thing that I can watch something and then think "huh, ive heard this before in attack on titan/kabaneri/xenoblade/blue exorcist

Truth.

Yuki Kajiura fans are the same way.

Yes I'm always glad when I'm guaranteed good music everytime.

>good
>OOOWEEEOOO OOOH OOH WEE OOOO SHADOW OF EVIL WEEE OOOOOOOH
>good

>I want to but dolls creep me out.
Dude, everyone is afraid of fucking dolls, but you should give it a try, nothing is going to jump at you or harm you, if I made it, you can too, I still haven't get over this motherfucker.

Technically puppetry counts as animation

Doesn't SZS also have a little puppet segment that they call a way of animation?

>not HUH, HUHUH tier
Oh thank fuck, the New L.A theme is the first thing I think of when I think of how shit that soundtrack was. Why was Xenoblade X so shitty compared to Xenoblade? It felt like a different game from a different series

>Xenoblade
It's Xenoblade X, Xenoblade actually had a good soundtrack

don't worried, this show's dolls(puppets) are not like the usual western style doll, they are handsome men and pretty women manga like puppet style from east and Taiwan
Just check the latest thread on the achieved, you will see
many good looking doll girls and doll fights

Cute

Yes

Lancer should die or get NTR.

Not anime

Cutest jobber

All the way in the back of with the faceless men. You know she was made to job

I want to fist a puppet girl.