Girls and Airplanes when?

We already had Tanks.

Then we had Girls and Boats (Hafuri and they did drift with a destroyer).

So, airplanes when?

And as always, the writers will be cocksucking japanese airplanes. Like the Shiden kai is the best fucking airplane ever from WW2.

The MC japanese team will always be the underdog with the Zero vs Corsair, Hellcat, ME-109, Mustang, etc... But still the zero in the right hands can be unbeatable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yRGjzCIfgIc
youtube.com/watch?v=78ACezZ_HzM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's called strike witches.

Busty American B2 Spirit when?

Not the same thing.

Girls and Tank had a lot of technical data from real WW2 tanks.

The same with Hafuri.

Strike Witches is mahou shoujo crap figthing Alien Monsters.

I wouldn't call it crap, but I'd like to see something resembling GuP with WW2 or WW1 aircraft.

There was the OVA from Shirobako.

We got Girls und Bike too.

Been done. Only one ep. No one liked it apparently.

I found the characters to be "overdesigned".

As a former Artillery man, I find the lack of girls and artillery to be unacceptable. I want more 155mm Howitzers to be represented.

>tfw no ace combat gup anime

Problem is you can't really do much with modern air combat. It will never be as exciting as propeller dogfights without pulling some bullshit like they did in 3rd Aerial. Even Ace Combat games get boring and predictable. If you want to do a large cast with varying personalities, then you have to lend them different vehicles to do so. Unlike what Flight Highschool memes about, jets very much kept up with each other in terms of technology and capability and very rarely do technologically inferior generations beat newer ones. This removes many of the elements which makes shows like GuP and Haifuri exciting. Personally, a show like the Red Baron movie would be the aim.

Fuck that shit. I want a fucking Ace Combat anime. I

>even ace combat games get boring and predictable
m8

But Electrosphere already exists

It needs cutegirls, otherwise it won't sell and get popular.

I came here to tell OP to watch Strike Witches and kys if you don't like it,

and also to say Haifuri was garbage.

People understimate this.
GuP was good because it was extremely detailed and researched in the tanks topic. But the characters, and I mean almost every single one who says more than two lines of dialogue are really interesting. It also helps that they are cute girls.

As much as you make an extremely researched Anime about dogfighting and shit, nobody's gonna like it if the cute girls in the planes are boring.

This.

WW1 and WW2 was the golden age of air combat.

>turn and countermeasure to never die
>endless missile spam timed for enemy countermeasure
>no dogfighting whatsoever, if you're on someone's tail they'll die
>biggest bosses are stationary targets that you just spam missiles at
>biggest innovation was the cobra maneuver which everyone spams

They could also do Girls and Guns.

A bunch of cute girls shooting WW2 guns.

Zero is garbage. MC should just kill herself and save everyone the trouble. Not that it's much of a trouble.

I think the best idea is to take Strike Witches more literally. WW1 setting using witches to turn the tide of the battle after tanks fail to break the trenches. Include all the gorey goodness of WW1 and it'd be hot shit. Witch vs. witch dogfights, witch vs planes, witches strafing trenches and dropping grenades, as well as airships becoming witch carriers. Terrify civilian centers by launching witches onto the general populace.

Heck, stretch it on to WW2 for kamikaze witches and witch banzai charges. Stretch it into the Cold War, get little girls in a battle for supersonic speed. Stretch it into modern day, get witches directing CAS and raiding terrorist hideouts. This shit has so much potential.

youtube.com/watch?v=yRGjzCIfgIc

Cute Russian night bomber girls

Uppotte?

Planes are for faggots, m8.

We also got boys and swords, girls and Japan historic people, japan and guns, japan and japan, japan and inmobile ojects, japan and hikimori, japan and animals, etc.

>hikimori

Hikikomori*

I wrote ki accidentally and deleted it 3 times in a row and forgot to write ko.
Man i need to sleep.

>Man i need to sleep.
You're not the only one.

THERE GOES THE SIREN THAT WARNS OF THE AIR RAID
THERE COMES THE SOUND OF THE GUNS SENDING FLAK
OUT FOR THE SCRAMBLE I'VE GOT TO GET AIRBORNE
GOT TO GET UP FOR THE COMING ATTACK
JUMP IN THE COCKPIT AND START UP THE ENGINES
MOVE ALL THE WHEELBLOCKS THERE'S NO TIME TO WASTE
GATHERING SPEED AS I HEAD DOWN THE RUNWAY
GOT TO GET AIRBORNE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Iron Maiden a shit.
A SHIT

area 88 and macross are both great though

Sky girls?

Forgot about this anime. And I know why...it sucked. Like a cross between Last Exile and RDG

>ACZ:The Belkan War anime when.
>countermeasure
Assaul Horizon pleb pls.

Being full of Waifu Tier girls helps. Seriously, when was the last anime where the 50+ secondary characters were more popular then the main cast? And the movie added 10+ more.

The world was interesting at least.

How would you guys feel if they made Top Gun into an anime but they replaced everyone with cute girls?

>Haifuri is exciting

Set in the same universe as Princess&Pilot movie which is very god.

it's called macross delta.

would it still have the volleyball scene?

Of course. And all of the half-naked in the locker room scenes.

Strike Witches was famous WWII pilots as little girls.

but its not a plane anime

I wasn't saying it was, I was pointing out what it actually was.

Alright why does it suck? I'm interested to watch this anime because that pic is deliciously detailed.

Watch "The Cockpit"

youtube.com/watch?v=78ACezZ_HzM

Piston fighters are boring.

I want my in-depth modern jet combat anime with realistic AWAC assisted BVR combat interlaced with Macross-tier missile spam and supermanuverable thrust-vectoring Kulbit roll J-turns, with a good helping of Ace Combat-tier hilariously silly Belken superweapons and open radio waves for all. Also, it must have top tier waifus and husbandos, with jets that match their personality, with plenty of interaction outside the cockpit too.

never ;_;

Don't forget operator operating operationally in the radio chatters and god tier soundtracks.

>Liberation of gracemeria starts playing in the distance

Fuck that. I want to see a HeliGirls.

OH-6 best girl.

There's always Stratos 4 and Idol Defense Force Hummingbird.

Stratos 4 is the better story, but its not really tied to dogfighting.

You're looking for Shindenkai no Maki.

>make Top Gun into an anime
>replace everyone with cute girls

>Piston fighters are boring
What the fuck is wrong with you?

What the fuck is wrong with that Bf-109

Reverse gear.

>Dornier's face when Messerschmidt stole the Do.335 design

What else is like Haifuri? Tried Girls und Panzer and Strike Witches but didn't like those as much

It's just a what-if design. A Spit in that configuration also never existed.

Shiden Kai a shit, Reppuu is where it's at.

>what is Yukikaze

Jap planes are shit.

Got BTFO by murrican planes during pacific theater.

I loved it, both by "moe warfare" angle and theme of alien invasion what stole our tech and we need use old designs

Captcha want planes too.

Not until we captured Zeros and figured out their capabilities. Pilots were told to literally run away until then.

and such advanced models would never be fighting over egypt anyways

Partly only due to jap command being fucking retarded and let their aces die rather than bring them back to train green pilots like the americans did.

Zeroes and hellcats were evenly matched.

>Zeroes and hellcats were evenly matched
No. The Hellcat was far superior. The japanese Navy was holding on to an outdated turnfighting doctrine with the Zero while the rest of the world noticed that speed is far more important

like said, zeros were BTFOing america pretty hard. japan suffered from reduced production and shit quality maintenance and materials. also largely unskilled pilots due to the relatively insane mission hours and kill rate.

america was pretty surprised when japan started producing the ki-84 hayate, as they didnt have much to pair it against. too bad the war's outcome was already decided by then

>Zeroes and hellcats were evenly matched
pretty sure the hellcat can out do the zero in every way except turning lmao

you take that back, i'd pay to see more of this.

That's part of the what-if.

The hellcat had the dive advantage while the zero had the turn advantage.

At that point it all comes down to pilot ability which is where the japs lost it.

The wildcat by contrast had its shit stomped because it couldnt even outdive the zero.

>thinking turn rate isnt very important

i think many spitfire pilots were happy to have a tighter turn rate than bf109s

also dont forget america started gaining back control just after they captured one zero and learnt all about it. before that they were being pretty much stomped.

Turn advantage doesn't help you when your enemy is attacking you with high speed dive attacks and then fucks off again only to do the same again until you're down. Zeroes got their shit pushed in by Hellcats because of this.

Zeroes got their shit pushed in because pilots weren't trained to combat those tactics because the guys with actual experience were dying for the empire instead of training the new guys.

If the roles were reversed and america was pants on head retarded even the hellcats would have had their shit pushed in because green pilots would have panicked and tried to turnfight zeroes

109s had no choice, either get involved in turn fights with spitfires or have all their bombers shot down by hurricanes then getting flayed alive by their officers

>zeros were BTFOing america pretty hard
Care to provide source on that? As far as I know, the kill ratio for American pilots was higher than Japan by two folds.

Zeros got literally zero armor. Their planes are made of metal sheets with no protections against anything.

Hell, even small caliber guns could penetrate their piolet seat with ease.

>Girls and Trains

Maitetsu anime when?

>the kill ratio for American pilots was higher than Japan by two folds.

that's because zeroes long overdue their service, they should've been dismissed and japan should've moved on to a newer and better version. at the beginning they were much stronger than american planes, they they became even and then they became hugely disadvantaged.

also the thing about unexperienced pilots didnt help japan in 1944-1945

>penetrate their piolet seat
don't need to zeros caught fire on contact with anything
the japs knew and they never even bothered to fix it lol

>piston fighters
>boring

Motherfucker look at the best piston fighter plane of WW2, the Dornier Do-335

That is the opposite of boring

I want to watch an air show with Shizuka!

Then how come you can see the development of more speed, less turnrate for every plane throughout WWII, in every country, even land based japanese fighters?

I want Shizuka to be my RIO in the Tomcat!

Jets all look the same.

I'm not saying it wasn't the trend, I'm saying you're oversimplifying the reasons behind the failure of the zero in that time frame.

If the war had progressed to the point that corsairs and bearcats had completely replaced the hellcats and Japan was still using later zero variants then the difference in plane ability outweighs what any pilot ability can make up. In the hellcat era though they wrre still even enough that pilot ability makes all the difference.

>the first half is them training in a military academy, learning ballistics and stuff
>the very first episode where they enter a real fight half the cast breaks from the pressure of having slaughtered dozens of people while being completely out of danger

This needs to be crowdfunded immeadiately. I'm sure Simpson/Bruckheimer would liscense it out for pennies since it could renew interest in the original.

Would Maverick and Charlie be a yuri relationship?

I find the dog fighting involving WWII propeller planes are much more entertaining than the modern jet fighters.

Linear, locking-on computer-operated gimmicks is too boring to watch.

I hope elevens come up with GuP-like series except replacing tanks with WWII planes.

>I'm saying you're oversimplifying the reasons behind the failure of the zero in that time frame
I'm not. The original post I replied to claimed the Zero and the Hellcat were evenly matched, which is factually false. Even if you disregard their performance in battle and just look at the raw data the Hellcat is superior in everything but turn rate, even compared to Late Zero variants.
To put it in other words: If you were to put two equally as skilled pilots in the planes and let them fight the Hellcat pilot would win almost every time for the sole reason that he is able to pick when and where to fight, while the Zero pilot needs to react.

i'm surprised that none mentioned that.

Because muh gook bias.

Kidding aside, not much user knows about this series.

Japanese social game Hentai shoujo.

But user, we had it

This. Stratos 4 is almost identical to Haifuri. It's just old and few people remember it.