Bleach

Who's going to be the new Soul King?

-Ichigo. Just like Luffy and Naruto, after all.
-Aizen. So he wins. Troll End!
-The old Soul King comes back somehow. He was fine!
-Nobody. Kubo doesn't even bother addressing it!

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10876596
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love love love love love love Orihime!

Actual spoiler here, screencap this post.

Rukia becomes the next soul king.

Does Aizen really know what the soul King is? Maybe he doesn't know that he's trapped in a rock forever

Post friendships from manga that were more well-done than Ichigo and Rukia's.

Why not? If Ichigo does become the new Soul King as is very likely, wouldn't it be very fitting for Rukia to be the one to give him the powers?

Come Thursday, will we apologize?

The old soul king was trapped because the shinigami mutilated him and trapped him.
He was pretty much enslaved.

>If Ichigo does become the new Soul King as is very likely, wouldn't it be very fitting for Rukia to be the one to give him the powers?
He's not becoming the new SK though...that much is obvious.

I hope everyone understands that Kubo will live the rest of his life believing he created a masterpiece

Soul Queen. Soul King is Ichigo.

>this was foreshadowing

Love my jojos.

Reminder that Rukia can do no wrong.

Enough.

Is Ichigo gay for Aizen-sama?

Tell me, anons.

Is it really Kubo's fault that things became this way? Or is it purely because of his editor?

Who isn't?

I can't believe you made me read something like this.

I'm sorry, but it's more likely that Rukia won't be doing anything important before the manga ends and that Kubo was just trolling.

True.

Oh man, who knows what that thing behind the Menos Grande can be? Maybe it'll be some kind of super Hollow boss!

>all these delusions

Be honest, what do you guys think will happen in 18 or so pages?

favorites
Go

That's it.

>implying Kubo even remembers the Soul King

That's it man.

strawpoll.me/10876596

Hardly a favorite list, you're just listing characters you like.

>Be honest, what do you guys think will happen in 18 or so pages?

Honestly? I expect it to very Ichigo-centric. Maybe we'll get an ending that's a flashback and Kubo tells us through Ichigo what went down after defeating Yhwach then we finally get to see Ichigo and whether he had to stay in SS or got to go back home-I'm going with the latter though. We'll get to see how the most important characters are doing aka his namaka/most important shinigami/his family.

How so? Yhwach got killed and the Soul King powers are now a giant puddle on the ground. Someone has to be the new Soul King or the worlds collapse.

And Aizen is already free and immortal; if he's alive and becomes Soul King, there will be no stopping him!

Kubo just explaining all the shit he didn't get to.

>yfw no panels
>yfw no art
>yfw just 18 pages of text

Sensible people thought that there was no way that the Fullbringers could come back in time or for Aizen to be included when he was left behind sitting in a chair. And yet it happened.

Urahara was established to be the strategic genius who has a contingency for everything. If anyone made preparations for the Soul King dying, it's him.

I like so few characters in bleach, it was hard to scrounge together that many for the post.

I cannot see Kubo giving Ichigo that kind of ending. One where he's in a crystal like thing isolated from his friends and family till the end of time.

Giving him that kind of ending after everything he's been through in this manga would be awful to say the least. Sure the world won't crumple away and we know he wants to protect mountains of people, but there's also a line where you just gotta say no.

Orihime is beautiful.

Is there a Yhwach version of the Madara copypasta?

>-Ichigo. Just like Luffy and Naruto, after all.
difference is, Luffy and Naruto wanted to become King of whatever, Ichigo is the complete opposite.

That's completely unnecessary. Yhwach was functioning as Soul King without being inside a crystal. Aizen also intended something similar.

>. If anyone made preparations for the Soul King dying, it's him.
Ok, but I honestly don't see how Rukia could have anything to do with it. Sure she had the hogyoku in her, but not anymore.

We only have to wait a few days till we know how it ends anyways. I don't see her doing anything anymore, no offense.

You know what, I was about to say this. If Yhwach died, what'll happen to SS since SK is not there?

This part was actually kind of comical. Byakuya had the least injuries of the 3 trying to protect Rukia but she just flat out ignores Renji bleeding out of every pore or Ichigo who was barely pieced together by his spine and frets over the guy who was dead set on killing her like 20 minutes prior.

>Yhwach was functioning as Soul King without being inside a crystal. Aizen also intended something similar.
So he becomes the Soul King and resides in the Royal Realm till the end of time?

I'm sure the Shinigami who have been nothing but complete assholes mean nothing bad with this.

>Byakuya had the least injuries of the 3 trying to protect Rukia but she just flat out ignores Renji bleeding out of every pore or Ichigo who was barely pieced together by his spine and frets over the guy who was dead set on killing her like 20 minutes prior.
JESUS.

Get your shit together Rukia.

The point is that Urahara specifically mentioned leaving the rest to Ichigo and Rukia in his last words. Urahara had no reason to single Rukia out (as opposed to, say, Ishida) but he did.

There's significant reason to expect Rukia to do something important next chapter.

Remember Tatsuki?

Only Aizen is fit to be king.

I really hope we do.

Remember Hollows?

Ichigo will be able to decide where he lives. The Royal Realm is completely trashed and replaced by a Quincy city, anyway. He'll probably have to stay inside Soul Society, but living in the Seireitei should be fine.

>There's significant reason to expect Rukia to do something important next chapter.

Not really, like you said yourself(if you're the same user) Kubo just could've been trolling. If she doesn't end up doing something then we can just add it to the list of unanswered storylines.

Man, look at them all interacting. We haven't got any playful shit like that in Bleach in years.

Also, we got introduced to some fodder characters early on in the arc, they were some kid shinigami and his older sister/female friend who had some dumb flower in her hair... Was there a point to them at all?

Hm.

>You know what, I was about to say this. If Yhwach died, what'll happen to SS since SK is not there?

It should start crumbling like before. Unless Kubo decides, "Fuck it, a puddle on the ground is fine."

Don't see happening, but the ending is only a few days away so we'll find out his fate soon enough

That animation is shit. I hate Pierrot.

Thank you. My depression and anxiety are gone.

I doubt it. This was brought up very recently, like Katagiri's dissection. Urahara could have just said that he was leaving the rest to Ichigo if Kubo had no intention of Rukia being relevant.

Did he use his zanpakto for this?
What a fucking cheater.

Oh boy.

It was a neat little easter egg. I mean there was actually a reason he was standing upside down in the sky outside of just making him seem weird.

Well we're gonna find out soon enough user. Still don't think Rukia is gonna do anything, but I'm not Kubo so anything could happen..

None of the Vandenreich used techniques like this, did they?

the final arc started 4 years ago. what do you think? he had time but his dread pacing and too many characters as usual left him in the state hes in. its his fault he had to rush his ending sadly

I wonder where that one user is now.

Kubo here.
It's actually a harem ending.
dudes only tho

Yeah, we don't have long to wait. I do think Kubo will have Rukia play a major role in the next chapter if he has a conventional end, but a ridiculous end like Aizen becoming God and facing Ichigo in a cliffhanger is possible too.

One of the biggest reasons this manga was worth a damn.

NANI?!?!

At what point do you think Kubo started his slow pacing? Because he was never this slow in early Bleach days.

Aizen is dead.

Sup.

I'll always hate Kubo for this shit.

Even when bingeing the manga, I thought that it was slowing down a lot in the Kenpachi fight.

It REALLY got slow when they arrived in Hueco Mundo. First the preliminary fights for Ishida and Chad, then the Privaron Espada fights, then the Espada fights started, and then the pace just keeled over and died.

>Is it really Kubo's fault that things became this way? Or is it purely because of his editor?
I think he knew his deadline. Too much of a coincidence for the manga to be ending on the 15th anniversary.

As for whether its his or his editors fault, in his latest interview which was for the JUMP ryu special where they interview one mangaka a month and we get a tour of their workspace, Kubo's message to inspiring mangakas was to not listen to everything their editors say to do. Maybe it's both, maybe there are things his editor told him to do that he did and he regrets it.

We also have this where kubo admits that his editor was the that wanted the characters poses and whatnot to be a certain way.

It started in Soul Society, that's where he began to shove full page spreads into every chapter and pages commonly became 3 panels. Everything wrong with the series truly started there.

It feels wrong for Grand Fisher to be killed by Isshin, but it's also hard to think of someone else fitting for Isshin's debut opponent. And Ichigo never mentions Fisher again, does he?

There's a lot to hate Kubo for.

That's enough for tonight, 497 chapters to go before tuesday.

>Yeah, we don't have long to wait. I do think Kubo will have Rukia play a major role in the next chapter if he has a conventional end, but a ridiculous end like Aizen becoming God and facing Ichigo in a cliffhanger is possible too.
I don't see either of those scenarios happening, but to each their own.

guess they didnt really have a reason to when they were bestowed schrifts onto them by a quasi-god.

It's clear almost everyone is mad about where the manga went compared to the earlier days.

So what would you have done with Bleach if you were in Kubo's shoes 10 or so years ago, around when the decline really began?

You're still here Ryuken user??

Not make as many huge ass panels.

>Nobody. Kubo doesn't even bother addressing it!

Honestly at this point that's where I would put my money.

At least Ryuken is the real hero. Saving the world was only possible because of him. Nothing else really mattered except that arrow he made.

>Honestly at this point that's where I would put my money.
Me too.

4 years ago? That can't be right, it's 2 years tops

The last time any of them used techniques like those was Kirge and ransotengai near the beginning of the arc.

Based Kirge. He was pretty much the only Vandenreich member worth calling a quincy.

>Also, we got introduced to some fodder characters early on in the arc, they were some kid shinigami and his older sister/female friend who had some dumb flower in her hair... Was there a point to them at all?

According to some Kubo apologists, they were there to show Ichigo's new place in the world, ease us back into the arc, and show that ordinary shinigami were not very strong.

Sounded like a lot of bullshit to me.

one of the obvious answers is: not as many characters. kubo has admitted that when he gets writers block, he creates characters. thats gotta stop, it contributes too much to the slow pace and ends up leaving too much stuff hollow and/or unresolved

Yeah, even though he isn't even going to appear again. So much for this shitty "quincy" arc.

>Kon
Literally who?

1. No Bankai
2. Don't follow up a save-the-girl arc with a save-the-other girl arc
3. Maintain a consistent focus on the main cast

>4 years ago? That can't be right, it's 2 years tops
Nah, its been more than two. Maybe like 3 and half.

Scrappy-Doo.

What the fuck did Isshin even do?
Even Ganju is out punching statues with Chad.
The Shiba are a joke.
Feel bad for Kukaku.

All it needed was some clear focus. Fights were bloated needlessly and Kubo got in the bad habit of giving every side character a 1v1. Sure they might be fine in themselves but in the realm of the story it was unnecessary and led to being rushed when the actually hyped fights came around.

Like through the whole Arrancar arc there was MASSIVE hype around the top Espada, and when you found out Ulquiorra was only number 4 and was still that strong it only made it more intense. Everyone wanted to see Starrk/Harribel/Barragan in action. What actually happened though was that the FKT arc was filled to the brim with shit like Yumichika/Hisagi/Kira/etc... getting 1v1s with fodder arrancar while everyone else stood around staring at each other. Then the top 3 Espada finally make their move and get wiped out in a comically short amount of time.

Kubo likes building things up but gets fucked when it actually comes to the pay off. He recognizes what made SS successful and tries to replicate it but because of the character bloat it takes 10x as long to get to the end.

He did make it clear in the last chapter that the Soul King's power is still around as the black eyeball goop, which even separated from Yhwach when he got hit by the arrow.

Don't make the SS arc
If that means having to end the series then so be it

I wanted an arc with Ryuuken training Ichigo. Instead I got Ryuuken the fucking mailman.

When she went full bro-con over the worst character in the entire manga, I stopped liking her.
I could forgive it if Byakuya was likeable but he's such a stupid piece of shit.

Ichigo's Bankai is pretty high up there on "things that are cool if the story ends immediatly afterward."

The "superspeed" arms race in stories rapidly makes settings not make particular sense.

1. No Bankai
2. Less focus on SS
3. More focus on main group
4. Stop the power creep