Why does she call herself Satella during her very first encounter with Subaru?

Why does she call herself Satella during her very first encounter with Subaru?

She saw he was a nice guy, and she didn't want to involve him in her troubles. Also Subaru thought this in the anime.

>1st encounter: She calls herself Satella
>2nd encounter: She gets pissed when Subaru calls her Satella
>3rd encounter: She reveals her name as Emilia

I don't get why she would call herself Satella in the first place when its despised by everyone in the world

I just explained it.

No you didn't.

In the second loop she didn't know him at all, and of course she was pissed off when a complete stranger called her Satella.
In the third loop she revealed her name because she accepted to become his tomodachi. In the first loop she didn't want to befriend him more than necessary, because she didn't involve him in her stuff.

she didn't want to involve him*

How does telling him a name that makes everyone pissed off when they hear it get him in less trouble?

She says it because everyone knows the witches name. She thought it'd scare him off.

Indeed it's what I tried to explain

Because Satella is best girl

It's Japanese culture. Unless you are very good friends, you use family names.

Emilia Satella.

maybe the first time it was satella and then emilia every other time

She probably thought it would make him think she's some tasteless freak and have him walk away with that.
Doesn't explain why she wouldn't correct him after he wouldn't leave though.

Maybe she's just retarded.

/thread

This.

/thread

Because that's her name?

>Implying she wasn't Satella all along in the first loop

She has a bad taste.

Kek but I doubt that Puck is shocked she used that name also when Subaru calls her by that name before she walks into the loot house shes surprised for a second before she realizes he means her.

But it's like introducing yourself to someone as Hitler. Why would you do that?

>implying she's not just Satella all along throughout the entire series and is trying to use Subaru to get her memories back

That's what I thought too so I'm surprised that people are using the "she didn't want him involved in her troubles" interpretation. It doesn't hold up at all if her reaction in the second loop is any indicator.

If someone came up to you who looked like Hitler, dressed like Hitler, was the same race as Hitler, , spoke like Hitler, and told you he was Hitler, wouldn't you Sieg Heil?

She knew he was from pretty far away and probably didn't knew the witch at all.

She used the name not to involve him too much.
On the second loop she does not know who he is and he calls her the taboo name Satella.

Okay but why would you give somebody a fake name, a fake name that tends to incur the wrath of people who know what that name is associated with, just because you get the feeling that the person you're introducing yourself to isn't from around here?

What logical reason is there to do this unless she actually was Satella in the first loop and knew she could introduce herself as such because somebody from an alternate world isn't going to know what that means?

If I don't want somebody involved with me I give them the number for pizza hut instead of my phone. I don't tell them my name is Hitler.

In the LN or WN, I forget which, he asked Beatrice why someone would call themselves Satella. Her response is so that people would think they are crazy and go away.

Either Emilia did that, or she's an idiot.

What was Emilia's life like before she was chosen by that insignia?

But most people don't happen to be silver-haired half-elves, right? If Emilia specifically were to tell a person from her world that her name is Satella, they wouldn't think she's crazy, they might damn well believe her.

Thinking somebody's crazy for using that name would make sense if they don't fit Satella's description at all, because that would just make them an edgelord with a bad sense of humor. But Emilia actually happens to resemble her.

Full time popsicle.

Because first time it was Satella and she put the looping curse on him.

Where is this story going? What is Subaru's end goal? Return home? Slay the dragon? Threesome with EMT and Satella?

FUG

Beatrice said curses are only transferred via physical contact.

Emilia/Satella did touch Subaru during the first encounter didn't she?

SIEG HEIL

There was a considerable emphasis on Subaru reaching out to her hand as they were dying on the floor of the loot house, and he manages to touch it just before resetting. But I think it was for dramatic effect. It's still a long shot to assume anything.

>my face she's one of the fated ones
Eat shit Kenshin fags

Because everyone thinks she is Satella - an elf with white hair was prophecied to be 2nd comming of Satella.

she isn't

I feel that detail might be legitimate though. How is that scene on the ln is the real question.

But she is, did you even play Rance IX?

Satella isn't even in Rance IX

Fated girls are Kanami, Miracle, Sen, Sheila, Shizuka, Sill and Tilde

more like kenshin fags on suicide watch because senhime got confirmed

And got a baby as well

>your face the baby is gonna grow up into a rapist masochistic rape warrior like father and mother

Kid might have some real self esteem issues.

They'll name him Subaru

There's only one it can work and that's by making Reset marry him.

For you

I feel like the ending is going to turn out horribly rushed.

So that author can surprise everyone with the tweest that she was Satella all along and pretend he planned it since the beginning.

She's highly skilled at mothering so her child will be a well adjusted kid.

Kenshin would probably accidentally eat her baby in her sleep

So is the white whale making people disappear from existence and only Subaru can remember because of his Reading Steiner?

Pretty much. I have the feeling that, if Author had remembered that All was also from Earth,A L would be able to remember too. It's probably a "not from this world" thing to be allowed to remember.

speculah

Obviously this /thread.

First encounter she said she had no family name, obviously because she's disowned her family, the Witch's family.

Because that was Satella

The Bishops, Roswal, and Beatrice might know. The Bishops won't be able to understand it, whilst the other 2 will forget it as soon as they stop reading their gospels.

Betty knows.

The entire world knows who Satella is what are you talking about?

She called herself Satella, because she wanted to scare him so she wouldn't involve him in her troubles. Puck even called out on it by saying "it was a joke in bad taste", or something similar.

of course, Subaru had no idea since he's not from that world, so it didn't affect him.

man, re:zero would be amazing if the author was actually smart and not just a good idea man with a vengeance for Gary Stu's

>implying he didn't get return by death and Satella's eterna love only when he was bleeding out beside emilia first loop and he called out Satella's name saying he'll always protect her

just like girls give me fake telephone number

Wasn't it just testing to see if he really was from another world?

Test of character.

When Subaru had no idea what Satella meant, she knew he was alright.

she's a cuck

kek

1st time
>tell the dude you're literally Satan as a test
>dude doesn't even react
>proves he was telling the truth about not being from around here

2nd time
>none of the context above
>dude just out of the blue call you literally Satan in the middle of a crowded street
>she assumes he was mocking her

Of course you'd get pissed

He then gets stabbed in the back for it.

Go away puck

Sure is summer in here.

I'm high so I'm working with the idea that that them both getting cut up allowed subaru to take on the witches genes.

She wanted him to literally fuck off