youtube.com/watch?v=nPF7lit7Z00
j-cat.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

今日も
も今日
日も今

今日何読んでもた?
もし日本語喋ったらこの画像が読める、やろうか? 笑

The same reason it includes "personalities", hair colors, etc. They are just one of the many cliches.

The fuck you talking about, it's not added just because everyone else does it
In Japan people with certain bloodtypes carry certain stereotypes, just like zodiac signs in the West, although more widespread

That's what I said, you retard.

literally no

You stupid?

AB > B > A > O

OP clearly doesn't know about the attributes Japanese people attach to blood types, but autistic as you are you assumed he did because you do.

AB is literally A though

Watch more anime

こまかーい

あのんくんってAがたでしょ?

That's what the image was there for to explain it. I wonder who's autistic here.

Is there an IRC channel out there for Japanese ebooks?

Nah, still you.

no u

さっぱり分かりません

Good shit to listen to on your phone while walking around for listening practice?

Already done all the good JapanesePods

わかんないの?

あのんくんってABみたい

>be me,
>search for kanji of "kanji"
>kanji for kan is China
>cool, let's see other use of this character
>the kanji is also used for the word molester, pervert and hoodlums
wut Japan

Can't trust dem chinks

This on repeat youtube.com/watch?v=nPF7lit7Z00

俺達がBだよ、かならず
皆はそんなに頑張っているだからな

ダメ!

じゃあ、妹さんは

When I read some things, I can understand the rough details of what's being said but certain lines are completely lost on me. If I focus too hard and try to get a perfect english "translation" out of something it's probably counterproductive and inefficient, but I feel like I'm cheating myself sometimes when I don't understand something fully and progress on. Where do I draw the line?

As good as that song is I don't think it would help all that much with comprehension after the 15th or so time round

Here's a great piece of advice i used a lot when I was a beginner: "Dont be autistic"

focus hard and try to get a perfect understanding without using english
move on if youre incapable of that

漢>>Chinese, Manly, Dude
姦>>Rape
奸>>Evil

Fuck off EOGJ

>EOGJ
thats a new one

you dont trust what you're reading because you're still unconsciously comparing it to the 'true meaning' in english
like an npc once told me, stop that or ill call the guard

>If I focus too hard and try to get a perfect english "translation" out of something it's probably counterproductive and inefficient

>inferior english is inferior
>not a problem for master lang chink

You again. Your English is certainly inferior to everyone else here.

えー

なにがたにみえる?

>laying in bed doing reps
>fall asleep
>wake up 8 minutes before next day starts
>push next day time back 2 hours and finish them

My stats are saved!

機械油型
アンドロイドだから

As long as you have to "translate" into your language to understand, you are a beginner.

>when you are writing down numbers and accidentally write 子 instead of 7

>週末アンキ

もう知らん

The first world writes their sevens like that though.

I kind of knew that already. I'll just open my heart and feel the flow.

7 is not three strokes and doesn't have a hane/hook at the end

Yeah, but if you can't translate it you don't fully understand it.

That's bullshit.
If you fully understand something, you can most likely translate it, but it's not a prerequisite by any means.

Aaahhh I can't be fucked to do anything just kill me now

*kills you in japanese*

just remember that every single word you learn brings you one step closer to understanding your waifu

読めないわけではないが
字が小さすぎて読むのがめんどくさいしそれほど面白そうにない

Honestly, there's no way to magically understand nuance by just reading more. You need someone to correct your output, and you need to study and let your production be corrected by those who know more. Simply consuming media isn't a way to ever get past only ever understanding the gist of a sentence.

Read manga or VNs for fun and practice, but you're not gonna learn as much out of it as other methods - just because I can read Dostoevsky, but it doesn't mean I will communicate my ideas in the same way.

/djt/ is against this line of thinking, but djt also thinks masturbating is the endgoal of Japanese learning.

毎朝目覚めた後ですぐアンキせよ

プロシュート兄貴!

>/djt/ is one person and you should listen to my crap advice instead

t. early middle beginner who isn't even in the top 5% of dee jay tee regulars

プロシュート (n) prosciutto (Italian ham)
プロ (n,adj-no) professional; (P)

???

>3500x2785
お前頭おかしいんで
読めれば読むほどおもろいわ

Why don't you put my post into Anki and study it over the course of a few weeks so you can learn the NUANCE, you uneducated dickfaggot?

なるほど、字が小さかったはinlineで開けたからで、新しいタブで開けたらもっと大きかったんだね
面白くないのは変わらないけど

物語シリーズもう全部観てるしいまさら図なんか見ても意味ない

j-cat.org/

How do you distinguish the "month" radical from the alternative form of "meat" which looks exactly like it? Am I being dense?

How do I see all cards that I already studied?

It is 3 strokes here. No hook at the end btw.

they are literally identical in appearance

Context. Is the character related to time or flesh?

>just because I can read Dostoevsky, but it doesn't mean I will communicate my ideas in the same way.
Yeah, because Dostoyevsky is a pro writer and you're some guy on the internet, what does it have to do with understanding nuance when reading?

Why do think you actually need to distinguish between them?
Japanese decided long ago that they don't.

In anki, that is.

By clicking "Browse". If you mean restudy all those cards, don't do that because it will interfere with the spacing effect and is a waste of time.

you lift your pen between the topmost horizontal and the downward diagonal strokes?

But on weekends I wake up at like 12 and feel all groggy for hours, if I did anki straight away my retention would be like 50%

>writing kenji
kek

>interfere with the spacing effect
Do you also never read in fear it harms the precious spacing magic?

>fuck your science, i have memes
never change

No, because reading is actually beneficial unlike cramming Anki cards before they're due.

After 7 years, I have concluded that it is impossible to know Japanese. Everyone might as well just give up. I'm gonna go learn french instead. I could probably do it in 6 months.

Are you sure they "decided"? These things often happen by accident. Why bother having radicals at all if you are going to choose what the element represents arbitrarily anyway?
More to the point, is it really just arbitrary? I understand with mound/town it has to do with which side of the character it's on, perhaps there is something like that here also

>anki
>science
Please. Being inspired by a paper does not mean it is somehow scientifically proven to be the best method.

Why would you want to strive to fluent in every aspect of a language except for one? It's all or nothing, baby.

>learn french in 6 months
>there's absolutely nothing to do with it
>go back to learning Japanese

Because they're manchildren and only care about understanding what their favourite JAV actress screams while she's getting cummed on by 20 different guys.

How's that etymology study going?

Stop projecting.

You are just making slower progress if you practice writing. You will probably never use it and if you stop if for 1 month you will completely forget it. If you only read sadpanda and some eroge it's really a waste of time

>checklist fallacy
You're not gonna learn all of Japanese. There are two many aspects of it. If you can read heian era literature with no problem, fluently speak in the main two dialects and like 5 others, have perfect control of pitch accent, can speak at all levels of keigo appropriate for any situation, write letters in Japanese, etc etc, you have a LONG way to go before you can think of writing as somehow completing your checklist.

So unless you've done all the above, you're better off focusing on things that are actually going to be useful, or just whatever you find interesting.

Maybe don't go to sleep so late and wake up a few hours earlier, then?

I used to have the problem of not going to sleep until 3am and waking up at noon --> feeling tired and not up for the task all afternoon --> panic at 9pm when I realize I still hadn't done my reps.

Conveniently once I got my job I was forced to shift back my sleep schedule a few hours earlier and early-morning Anki did wonders for retention and productivity. Plus, it's really relieving knowing that the day has barely even started and you're already done with your reps.

If you can't* do all of those, rather.

They were unified in 新字体.
There's literally no point to distinguish them, just like there's no point in distinguishing "mound/town".

>there are ACTUAL manchildren in this thread who think they're "learning" Japanese when they don't even practice oracle bone divination

>Why would you want to strive to fluent in every aspect of a language except for one?
Why would you want to become good at that one thing you need when you can be good at absolutely everything? You have all the time in the world, right?

Define "slower progress". If doing handwriting takes away time you would rather spend learning any other aspect of the language then sure, it'd be a waste of time for you, but it could also be a useful retention tool and is definitely necessary if you have any aspirations whatsoever to stay in Japan for any longer period of time.

You don't even need to grind away at it every day, you basically just need to do it enough until stroke order and abbreviations come natural to you, after which you should have it remembered forever.

Lucky for me handwriting is one of the aspects of the language I find the most interesting.

>they don't even practice oracle bone divination
>oracle bone divination
What the fuck is this?

without looking it up I'm guessing it's that thing about telling fortune using bones?

>Lucky for me handwriting is one of the aspects of the language I find the most interesting.
Yeah I wasn't the one who greentexted "writing", I was just responding to the common "why would you leave out one part of the language" fallacy

>Not deciding to practice a sport while also learning a language and how to play an instrument on top of your regular studies is the same as plain omitting key aspects of learning ANY language just because
But please stay autistic and fool yourself into thinking you're actually studying Japanese.

>and is definitely necessary if you have any aspirations whatsoever to stay in Japan for any longer period of time
That is not truth. Actually I'm in Osaka right now and most foreigners I know can't write but speak & sometimes read. Even many Japanese I know have trouble with handwriting. Some of my friends at university look up kanji for an exam because they forget how to write them.
>You don't even need to grind away at it every day, you basically just need to do it enough until stroke order and abbreviations come natural to you, after which you should have it remembered forever.
I learned to write for 3/4 year. Then I stopped because I never needed to write by hand (excapt when you change your address or some shit). I could write 500-600 characters and forgot like most of them after some weeks.

If you like writing, go for it. But it is really not this important.
Also Japanese dont expect foreigenrs to write Japanese.

So you mean they will never be the "main" radical in that form, thus it won't send you to the wrong page of the dictionary?

I was being facetious, of course there are much more important "general" aspects one should focus on first because they give the most short-term reward for beginners. I just generally don't get how come DJT has such an "eew, icky"-attitude towards handwriting.

>Even many Japanese I know have trouble with handwriting.
This is the reason you should study how to do handwriting properly. To be better than this island-monkeys.

Yeah, fags here can't even play 三味線 and think they understand shit about Japanese.