There are people who legitimately like the Android, Cell and Buu Sagas

>There are people who legitimately like the Android, Cell and Buu Sagas.

>Akira Toriyama admitted he made shit up as we went along

>"I could have killed him if I wasnt toying with him, now hes a bigger threat"
Holy fucking shit, even the villians do this shit.

>Andriod Saga could have been avoided but they wanted to fight.

>Time machine makes no fucking sense and makes a shit ton of easy fixes.

>Instant tramsmission plot convinience
>Goku for some reason takes a ship back to earth, instead of teleporting

>The ancient prophecy of the Super Saiyan is shit on by a fucking 6 year old unlocking it.

Take off your nostalgia goggles

inb4 Freeza saga was bad. Nowhere near as bad as Cell and Buu who have no original moves or any actual motivation

>>Akira Toriyama admitted he made shit up as we went along
That's the entire manga, sonny. And the Buu Saga for all it's problems is still way better than Super. Early Buu saga is the nice comfy slice of life Super tried to be, only good.

Hell, GT is better than super.

>hating on cell saga

Nah, you're a faggot

Havnet seen super. Is it really that bad?

In my opinion, definitely. It's just as dumb and fanfictiony as GT with much worse production values.

Tell me your reasons you like it, while at the ssame time not sounding like you like to take it in the ass

Sup Forums hates everything

i've been here 3 days and i already got you guys figured out.

The animation looks like they spent maybe 6 dollars on it, and all the characters are dumbed down to shit.

They straight up forgot what color future trunks' hair was despite current kid trunks being in the series.

>cell and buu were shit
yes they were, i saw it when i had 10yo with 0 standars

now if there were something like dagon ball today i would call it shi... o whait thers something like dragon ball today is super and is ultra shit

Eh, not really they love Mai and Berserk

>>"I could have killed him if I wasnt toying with him, now hes a bigger threat"
>Holy fucking shit, even the villians do this shit.
Freeza and the Saiyans did that too you know.

I been here for 2 days, and figured you out normie.

Am I the only one who love Buu Saga? It's my fucking favourite Saga...why so much hate?

>Cell
>Had no motive
>I want to achieve my perfect form.
>I've achieved my perfect form, now I want to test it while having some fun.
>After self-destructed and coming back: I'm bored with all of you and this planet. I have my fun with the rest of the universe after I blow all of you away.
He had more motivation then Freeza who was "I want immortality and to rule the universe because."

>...
>riddled with spelling errors
Fuck off back to the minecraft forums or wherever it is that 12 year olds hang out these days.

Because certain anime fans think Shonen fighting series should be all serious business all the time. That and they don't really get Dragonball.

Here's the thing: the entire series was stupid and fun, the toonami dub changed the tone of the show COMPLETELY. DBZ isn't, and never was what you think it is. Fucking get over it.

>I want to destroy for the sake of destroying is better than wanting immortality and having a seperate plot with Bardock and the Saiyans

No. It's actually pretty good if you're not a total fucking loser who only cares about "muh Gohan" and what you were exposed to on Toonami. Story-wise it's a hybrid of DB and DBZ in the sense that you're getting DB-like lightheartedness and plot structure but with DBZ characters. Animation-wise it's... well, lacking, but I've seen a lot worse.

I would definitely skip the first two arcs though since they're just bastardized renditions of BoG and RoF which are both perfectly good films on their own.

The entire Android, Cell, and Buu sagas could've been avoided if Toriyama would've grown a spine and told his annoying ass editor at the time to fuck off

>No. It's actually pretty good
>All that projection

>he is now infinitely more famous and wealthy because he had no spine

I think he's pretty pleased with his decision.

SUPERfags are trying to make everything else look bad.

It wasn't even his current editor. It was his old one who called him just to tell him that he thought 17-20 looked like bad villains. His current editor told him the first two Cell forms were ugly.

>Akira Toriyama admitted he made shit up as he went along

That's not just dragonball, that's basically every serialized shounen.
They only end when Jump decides they're not worth serializing, you can't really plan for when that will happen because you hope that it never does, and such you can't plan out a cohesive story.
It's why most long running shounen become clusterfucks.

What was Cell going to do after destroying the Earth? Frieza would continue running his empire and save a bundle on personal security costs. Cell would like a big boy until Babidi, Dabura, and Buu stomp him.

>All that projection

Too bad it's completely true.

ryan do something productive with your time

>It's actually pretty good

It's fucking garbage and you've outed your terrible taste.

If by light hearted you mean there isn't a single shred of tension or even a morsel of self awareness in the writing then sure.

Even Dragon ball knew how to give weight to the plot and the animation had choreography instead of [insert any Super fight with braindead haymakers and PowerPoint animation].

Every cunt looks like they're laminated or covered in Vaseline on top of being drawn with fucked up proportions. Vomit inducing levels of bad, absolutely irredeemable fuckery.

But you loved every second of it just like us.

ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Not just the entire manga, but most manga serialized on a weekly basis are going to be "made up as you go along" because the schedule doesn't allow much leisure in planning ahead. To say nothing of an operation like Jump, where there can be intense pressure from editors asking you to put things in, or meeting obligations to any crossover or tie-in promotions that come along. Saying that someone is a "hack" just means that person is doing their job correctly.

DBZ is shit garbage that was made when Toriyama realized the success of his actual good series Dragonball. Its forced halfassed crap he didn't have that much passion into making.

I'm going to tell you this right now: Never consider the opinions of a GTfag.

That said, Super is entretaining, lets just leave it at that.

Z was bad take off your nostalgia goggles, the true Dragon Ball is only the original

Cell was stronger than Dabura, actually. Maybe he would've even joined them, though.

In any case, if Cell won he probably would've just killed everyone and gotten bored, and then zoomed off around the universe on a killing adventure.

I agree user. Goku becoming a super saiyan felt like a culmination of the story, and call me a flaming faggot but his "light in the darkness" speech is fucking chill inducing

frieza and gokus fight on the crumbling namek was the best fight ever, hands down

thanks Nolan

Z was the original Dragon Ball. It was all one story you dipshit.

Let me put it this way. I now hate that live action movie even more now because it lead to this shitty sequel series.

But it didn't?

Goku couldn't teleport to Earth if he didn't have a ki to fixate on.
And the prophecy is just that: a prophecy. An old tail that they didn't even know if it was true, based on the only SSJ that existed until that point with the wrong belief that it could be only 1.

They like moeshit. That's all this board cares about.

The Berserk anime is fucking shit. The mango is great.

You'd have to be a total fucking loser to like Super

Yo
I don't give a fuck what Anime fags think.
Their opinions are as useful as self absorbed screaming transvestite. No one gives a fuck what you do with your dick.

Z has flaws, yeah, but if I can play devil's advocate for a moment:

>"I could have killed him if I wasnt toying with him, now hes a bigger threat"
Isn't this pretty much every fight after Raditz?

>Time machine makes no fucking sense and makes a shit ton of easy fixes.
How can it make easy fixes if it goes to other universes?

>Goku for some reason takes a ship back to earth, instead of teleporting
He needs a ki signature to fix onto. It's explicitly stated that Future Trunks fucked up by killing Freeza, since Goku was going to warp down to fight him. This is what happened in Trunks' timeline.

All mangaka are making shit up as they go along. You don't actually think they plan out all ~500 chapters of their series, do you?

At best a mangaka might have ideas for a couple arcs or for the mid and end points, but those are usually just ideas that they expand on when they reach that point.

>forgot

You're a retard, they didn't forget shit. It was a conscious decision they made for whatever reason.

>there isn't a single shred of tension

This is the main problem with Super for me. It takes place before the end of Z, and all of the characters are alive at the end of Z.

Even if they "throw a curveball" and kill off a character like they did with Piccolo during the Golden Freeza Arc, they still have to follow canon and bring him back in time for Uub events.

That's not even getting into the ridiculous levels of power the main characters have reached now to the point where there's no way to introduce a new threat without taking a dump on the already established universe.

Death has never been consequential in Dragon Ball you scrub.

/thread

That was an implied point.

Super doesn't have any tension so far but it's not because of whatever stupid reason you're using. It should be obvious that they're going to win in the end, regardless of there already being an established universe that they have to adhere too or not. That's just how stories 99% of stories work.

Tension is created through making it feel like the characters are actually in a rough situation and don't have a way out. Super is failing in this regard because at the moment, Goku and Vegeta are so far ahead of everyone else's power and they haven't introduced a villain on or above their level to create any tension.

I'd still hold out on saying there's no tension though because for the most part Future Trunks is DBS' first LEGITIMATE arc in the vein of something from DBZ. The tournament arc felt more like a DB tournament arc where it was just more of a competition than an actual life or death fight(which Goku even comments on, since he says he wants to fight Hit again in a situation where they can go all out and Hit can use his assassin techniques).

Future Trunks is the first arc where we can potentially get tension and I'd say to hold off on saying there won't be any until Black goes Super Saiyan Pink.

different user but...
>Isn't this pretty much every fight after Raditz?
Yes.

>How can it make easy fixes if it goes to other universes?
there are countless universes in the multiverse if we're taking that into consideration. it's unfeasible to save every universe because fundamentally there's a universe you couldn't save. That being said, they could just time-hop and accept the harsh reality that they can't save everyone, forever.

>He needs a ki signature to fix onto. It's explicitly stated that Future Trunks fucked up by killing Freeza, since Goku was going to warp down to fight him. This is what happened in Trunks' timeline.
This rule is broken like many other rules countless times. That also doesn't save it from the fact that trunks was there, and a viable ki signature.

>Not liking best arc

I'm out

They've already spoiled the ending. Nobody will die and it's always been like this. Part of being a good writer is convincing your audience that there IS something at stake. If you can't do that then you're obviously a hack and should abandon the medium.

to quote some faggot on youtube "Death isn't sad because 'oh no they died, so sad.' It's sad because that characters potential plot lines and arcs are abruptly cut short."

If you didnt like Cell saga then you dont know SHIT about anime.

Yeah, only Gohanfags love the Cell saga.

Affirm his dominance & shit. Just like Frieza.

I don't think I've ever read a battle manga and it made me feel like a MC could actually die, because in the end I'm positive they'll win.

At least in shonen series, none of them really have the balls to make the villain win. "Hero wins, villain loses" is a common staple in writing and it's become so ingrained that people expect it to happen.

Even if they're in a tough situation, all I really think is "Oh neat, wonder how they'll get out of this"

>Goku couldn't teleport to Earth if he didn't have a ki to fixate on.
Goku tells Future Trunks that he could have IT'd down to Earth and was in fact just about to do that before he showed up.

Nope, its pretty good at this point. Third arc justified it's existence and this new one is going really well so far.

Because Freezer was going there, you retard. To arrive into Earth, Goku took the spaceship many days before he even felt Freezer's ki. If he knew that Freezer was there he would've waited and then simply teleport, but at the time he started travelling he had no reason to believe there was going to be any significant ki to feel on Earth. Then, while he was travelling, he felt Freezer's ki, so he was going to teleport; but then he felt Trunks' ki as well so he didn't.

Not really, Trunksfags do as well.

>"Death isn't sad because 'oh no they died, so sad.' It's sad because that characters potential plot lines and arcs are abruptly cut short."

Death has NEVER EVER been consequential in Dragon Ball you fucking sperglord. Who's arc was ever cut short because of a death? Cool your autism

It's a low budget shitty series that Toei did to milk more money out of the franchise (same as GT was), but it still manages to have some interesting moments. Instead of watching the series, watch the two movies, which cover the first 27 chapters of the anime. Then you can start watching chapter 28 forward, if you're interested. The last fight of that arc was pretty cool, actually.
If you're not interested into watching it weekly, I'd wait for the Blurays to come out, honestly, since they usually fix some (albeit not all) segments that were poorly animated in the tv release.

I actuall agree OP
>Vegeta is no longer a bad guy and doesn't want the dragonalls because reasons
>a retconned scientist from the army goku beat as a fucking kid is able to create androids more powerful than frieza
>frieza is revived just to make vegeta's pink haired fencing faggot son from the future look good
>every saiyan can become an ssj

the only things I liked were imperfect and perfect cell's designs