Atheism with a pinch of christianism

Can you be an atheist and still follow the bible?
I mean, I don't believe that jesus was the son of god and I don't believe there is such thing as a god, but most of the stuff I've seen and read on the bible is pretty good and can be actually useful if applied in real life.

Does anyone else thinks like this?
As an atheist nothing makes me more mad than being asociated with the archetype of "rèddit fedora atheist follower of dawkins" and that kind of stuff.

I grew up on a christian family and I like the values my parents gave me, I want to follow them, I just don't believe there is a sky daddy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-fGxOCJCRpA
youtube.com/user/bdona4556
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All smart people are atheists. Even if they say they aren't.

God is a metaphor

>christianism
incorrect!
it's "christianity".
dumbass.

>Can you be an atheist and still follow the bible?

Nope.

You want to maintain Christian-like values? That's fine, but you are not a Christian, so why deny what you are?

No.

Because atheism, naturally, has turned into an outright marxist movement, and OP wants to pretend to be right wing.

Funny, he fits in neither side. The marxist atheists don't want him, and the right wing Christians don't want him, nor any other spiritual right wingers.

Such is the life of the rotten Godless swine.

That's the best choice my man. Atheism + studying religions for their moral philosophy is the best way and anyone who tells you different is a big ol poopy butt

My uncle is an atheist, but married a Christian woman deliberately so he could raise a good family with traditional values. He is doing pretty well, and has good kids. Your children can learn more about the different religions and philosophies of life when they're older.

Everything wrong with western civilization.

>dude let's just pretend to be traditional lmao

Why would you cage yourself with Christian morals? They are almost as bad as cultural Marxism at this point.

True morality comes from the time. It is adapted to the circumstances.

Noli esse stultus, factus est promissio Christi

>dude relativism and nothing matters lmao

Tu autem vade ad infernum...

1st of all:
you third world moronic scum crap
2d:
of course, you shitbrains fag scum farty beaner .
The bible is basically a set of rules of conduct and they scare you with the angry/moody man in the sky, to do it.

yep. TXfag here. It's called cultural Christianity. I pay lip service to Jesus and generally follow biblical principles, but do not believe for one second any of that metaphysical voodoo is real. It's a bit harder these days since I have realized it's a sandpeople religion that never had any business coming to Europe, even for all of the beauty it inspired there.

What you mean like the Pope?

>the atheist lies to people's faces with a sociopathic grin

Democracy error fuit...

>I've seen and read on the bible is pretty good and can be actually useful if applied in real life.
Are any of the things said or taught by Jesus?

There is a lot of good stuff in the new testament that any reasonable atheist should respect. I don't believe in it as a factual document but it can still teach people great things.

I think christianity is a net good for Western people. I just can't make myself believe in it. I guess you could say I'm lying, but I'm just being polite and not countersignaling something that actually brings good white people together.

Do you mean can you still be a person of good morals without believing in god? Of course you can, you're responsible for your own choices.

Anyone can do whatever the fuck the want as long as it's not against the law, what kind of retarded question is this?

>I guess you could say I'm lying, but I'm just being polite

Literally the behavior and mind of a psychopath.

be you.

Or, you know, a white person that sees no upside to being a confrontational nigger malcontent in his community.

Bible worshipers are Idolators..

No. Furthermore it is stated quite clearly that it's all pointless if it isn't literally true.

1 Corinthians 15:12-15
>Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
>But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
>And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. >Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
>For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
>And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
>Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
>If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

These people were not illiterate, gullible retards following cleverly devised fables, but "got" the criticisms both atheists and other theists had concerning their beliefs but held to them even to the point of being horrifically persecuted worse than anything you could imagine in this modern age. And they did this not because they saw a "Sky Daddy" but because faith in what they had hope for, even without it being clearly seen.

Being an atheist is not hard, nor are you nearly as clever as you think you are for pointing out that the religion which stresses the absolute centrality of faith has stories in it which are hard to believe.
[1/2]

You're a lying psychopath and a leech on a superior culture.

Holding blindly to a belief does't give it validity. If it does then Muslims who suicide bomb are demonstrating their religion to be true in their faith in the rewards they will get for sacrifice. You can believe every lottery ticket you buy is a winner and have a more rational faith because at least there is a small chance for it to be true.
Not believing in a literal word of god doesn't stop you thinking it can be a positive thing if it still teaches good values. As a book however you should be aware it's a heavily revised one. I doubt many of its original authors would recognise it. Stop confusing non believer with anti religious. Even Islam could be tolerated if it allowed it self to be revised.

you fucking christfags.
If being goth has taught me anything, if knowing filthy fucking commies has taught me anything, its that pretending to be part of a persecuted minority (like the jews) gives you social power.

What you're doing is fucking jerking yourself off as to how esoteric or important the version of a jewish tribal god's tale is.
Did thor like butter or margarine? Dozens died to preserve the truth...Thor prefers LARD on toast!

"People don't die for a lie!" Thats right, thats what makes us sure the Nazis were a righteous and just cause, right?

You keep using that word as though you understand what it means. You don't. It's a complicated term that covers a lot of things.

Yes, listen to Critical Theory. It won't led to your destruction.

Sociopaths are unstable and cannot hold down basic societal functions. Psychopaths are more cunning and can do heinous things without any mercy or conscience.

Lying to people's faces with a grin on your face is psychopathic behavior.

>biblefag
How does feel to have jew bullshit as your sacred word?

Behold; the true face of those who pretend to be "traditionalists".

Godless LIARS. All of them.

[2/2]

I used to be a hardcore atheist myself, but came to a belief in God, and furthermore that he had entered into his own creation in the form of Jesus of Nazareth so that we might know him, and have written testimony of his design for us and what he holds us to (whether we believe in him or not).

I do not believe we come to God because "dude I once was about to die but... then I didn't! Therefore, God." kind of arguments, but rather our belief is from any measurable effect purely internal as it is given in scripture as our faith being based on what we do not see, because I think God is fundamentally testing our soul and we need a "clean" world in order to really try us (as it doesn't exactly test your innermost character to just believe in outward miracles that you witness, nor was anyone in the Bible saved by such).

Hebrews 11:1
>Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 8:24
>For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

I think that it's clear that the issue isn't enlightened intellectuals peeling their way through some "old desert fairytale", it's that they fundamentally suppress the knowledge and truth of God because of the wickedness and pride of their own heart. Anyone who says "well I can't believe that" is a liar.

John 3:19
>And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

And if you're going to believe anything in the Bible, believe in God's promises. It is pointless and futile to accept literally a single other word of anything else. Really take these words of Jesus to heart.

Mark 8:36
>For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

youtube.com/watch?v=-fGxOCJCRpA

Hey, I remember that comic strip.
I used to have it but I lost it on the mess of my room.

Yes, they call it "morality"

>most of the stuff I've seen and read on the bible is pretty good
Like what? Certainly not the words of Christ since everything he said was shit. And OT stories are nonsensical and teach terrible lessons like that you should lie and cheat and steal to get ahead. What good could you possibly find in that Jew garbage?

Kys.

An atheist with Christian values is still an atheist.

I used to have a copy of that one I found at a fishing hole. Was a less interesting Chick Tract, I think it didn't have any dialogue and that's why.
>linking pastor "nigger lover" Anderson
Ya dun fucked up. You were already saying a bunch of stupid shit but that just cements you are completely retarded.

>christianism

yeah why not try the jefferson bible he removed all the magic parts and kept jesus morals

Yeah, it's called being Catholic. You will be hated by all other Christians just the same as you were before.

Yes, and it's all spelled out here in a sublime manner
youtube.com/user/bdona4556

Just letting atheists speak is the greatest testimony against them.

2 Timothy 3
>This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

>But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

that first paragraph is fucking eerie in how accurate it describes 21st century man

It's all applicable today just as it was back then. I mean the Bible even addresses atheists. My persuasion to the truth of Christianity was in large part based on how strongly the Bible goes in addressing very modern concerns and criticisms, which people like Dawkins will never tell you it does.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
>The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

2 Peter 3:3-9
>Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
>But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

>Guys, I can tell my atheism has enabled the destruction of everything i loved about my people but can i still keep it while pretending to be Christian?

It doesn't work that way Paco, the sole reason europeans achieved the greatness they did was because the truly believed with religious Conviction in the dogmas of the Church. Without understanding them as anything other than infallible truths they would have no acctual weight in the guiding of civilization.

This is why when Atheist edgelords go around saying that "you dont need religion to be a good person" they have no idea what they are talking about. Without the absolute morality given by the church, you can't in fact be a good person, because good and bad are relative. As an atheist you can justify just about anything according to the circumstances while as a Christian what is wrong has always been and will forever be wrong.

Stop being a modernist faggot and take responsability for all your degenerate tendencies and vices.