Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Did she deserve it?

No, fuck this fucking author. I burst into treats when she started talking about their kids they will never have because she is constantly denied happiness.

Fuck off

Do the japanese really talk to themselves in public like this? 30 seconds into this show and it's already pissing me off

You never leave the house, do you?

Why is there NTR in this show?

No. Where do you live that has people murmuring shit to themselves all day long? Are you projecting by any chance?

Yeah, she got me too when she was talking about her future kids and life. I honestly think I won't be able to enjoy this anime as much as I did before this episode now.

Well she killed Toyota while Emilia was taking care of him as an little child.

Earth.

You know, a planet where flesh bags struggle with this weird world to the point of mental breakdown. Where people use entertainment as a means of escapism.

Why is this so shocking to you? Why does it piss you off at all? Have you not watched movies or anime before?

Congratulation for reaching this episode, the episode which we novel readers have been waiting for since the beginning.

As a reminder, episode 1 of Re:Zero was aired on Apr 4, 2016, since then, some people drop it because it is "literally a SAO clone" and "tries to be like Konosuba", some drop it because it is a"generic harem anime", some drop it because they don't like Subaru's character, some drop it because they feel the suffering is too much to handle.

And here we are, at the end of Re:Zero's true prologue, and the real beginning of Subaru's story in another world. I wish you enjoy this episode as much as we did when reading the novel chapter.

Fucking drama queen, barely anyone talks to themselves in public. I do when I'm alone, but only then.

This made me laugh since there is a shitstorm brewing between novel readers and anime only plebs in japan as well. All the novel readers calling this episode 神回 and the anime only fags not getting what was so special about it and why it was hyped up so much. Also similar with all the 'what's so great about emilia' posts.

Despite what f/a/ggots might want to think, this place isn't really all that different from japan after all.

Are you guys me?

And am I the only who crawled into a corner and cried like a bitch after watching this episode?

I WANT REM TO WIN GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

;_;

Kudos to Kobayashi Yuusuke because that performance was insane. Reminded me of a.pomf.se/nclxts.webm but it just kept going on and on.

Agreed, the performance carried the episode. It was as good an adaption of the original work as anyone could have wished for.

Lmao end ur life dude

>I burst into treats

damn that sounds painful

i don't get that part

During Whale

She soon regained consciousness, however she was in terrible condition, and after seeing this, he accepted her request to tell her that she loved him.

so did subaru tell her that HE loved her?

He also agreed to let her be with him in the future, telling her that he wouldn't give her to anyone, causing her to reveal that she wasn't dying at all, with Subaru soon realizing that she had tricked him into saying all of the things she requested.

>Rem will never be main girl
>Waifu bait loose
>That butthurt from waifufag.

Truly a masterpiece.

>Lmao

It's been a while since I've seen "Lmao" in Sup Forums

This so much.
Is so lazy and stupid.

that very innocent dreams and wishes of having a life you could just settle with

That was pretty intense, a mix of happiness and suffering. Subaru shitting on himself and highlighting his worst qualities while Rem tells him how much she loves him, highlights his best qualities and wishes him to be happy and be happy alongside him, get him to move ahead and promise to help him, and basically be the epitome of 2d beauty too radiant for us 3d scum.

Pretty damn bold to do so much with a subheroine. Pretty damn bold to them have him say "Nah I like that other girl but I'll appreciate your assistance". Like damn, what the fuck? Oh well, it was bound to happen. 10/10 emotional manipulation.

What was the reaction of Japan after Ep18?

People said lots of Japanese tweets said about it being the "God Episode" and such after watching it, but I wanna know if that's actually what they said and also some other impressions from them.

and they said Subaru and Elliot Rodger are alike...

Dropped from my anime watch list.

Japan is full of cucks so they probably loved it.

Shitposter_kunt from tokyo ghoul threads is here? I want do him and kill him

this

You never leave the house, do you?

No, he's just an ordinary useless loser.

Do Not Read This If You Like Rem And Don't Want To Cry.

The White Whale still ate Rem and nobody remembers her. In this latest episode the entire conversation with Rem confessing her love to subaru was all in Subaru's head because he's mindbroken as fuck. In the next episode, he will mention Rem to someone and they will go "Who's Rem" with Rem standing in the scene, only Subaru can actually see her because she's imaginary.

I can't fucking wait. This entire episode set up this rape train of feels.

No one deserves to be casted aside for people who just sit on their asses far away from the frontlines. But life isn't about deserves.

SHE REJECTED HIM FIRST

what a best girl.
no one comes close.

I'm so happy

>feels
>muh feels
>omg feels

You faggots are disgusting. Not sure how you idiots get emotionally invested in crap like thsi.

Ok, so this is the prologue and it seems like the LN readers are fairly pleased with the adaption, this anime truly brought a breath of fresh air to the current meta.

Just one question: Have there been any words as of how many seasons will be there for this? I feel like this story could take a lot of time, including: Explaining the whole with/cult story and the capital sins, further developing stale chars like Beatrice, the joker and all of the priestess, and a whole lot of other things.

Please tell me the LNs cover all of this and taht there is still hope.

No fucking way.

Rem is the best girl. But i feel like i can understand Toyota, Emilia was probably the first person in a long time that was kind with him, she saves his life she was always worried about him and he got a lot of good memories with her. He is in "love" with that cute elf and i can´t blame him.

Don´t be retards just because your waifu lost

The next season, if there is going to be one, is probably gonna be announced when there is enough LN source, so about 2 years from now I quess.

>Have there been any words as of how many seasons will be there for this?

There won't be a new season for at least maybe 2-4 years, because as of right now, they are actually adapting all the LNs that are published right now. That means after this arc. There is nothing to animate at all.

Yes the story right now has progressed to at least 20% of the whole story.

The latest arc in the WN is at arc 6 to which the author has said that the story is only 50% complete.

are you serious?

This meme has to end.
She rejected living in a fantasy world with Subaru, NOT SUBARU.

Should I drop the anime here, then?

The major appeal of the show was Subaru's development, Rem's development, and Subaru's efforts to avoid the Bad Ends or solve the mystery. The show was light on worldbuilding but hinted that it's there, which was great as it gave the sense you're in an isekai anime gone horribly wrong.

Nothing I've enjoyed in Re:Zero so far has been typical of isekai shows, and that's what made it unique. If Re:Zero starts to play the genre straight I'm not sure I could find the will to care anymore.

That's not the point of what that guy said.

What he meant that is finally, Subaru starts to act properly.

If you honestly think that after this episode everything will be typical isekai, then really you're just dead wrong on that mark.

She rejected running away with subaru.
The reason was that Rem knew that Subaru didn't really love her back.

yes. just drop it

Ho boy, it hasn't even started yet.

I seriously hope people don't actually believe this false flagging.

She just doesn't like the Subaru who runs away.

Dude wanted to drag her along with him, using her as an excuse to run away. Pretty shitty of him tbqh

It's True. Rem is going to get Subaru back to Emilia ancouraging him not to give up through a dangerous path narrowly escaping the White Whale again. Then once they get back to the mansion, nobody will know who Rem is and she will disappear. Even though they survived the white whale attack the 2nd time it will be revealed he got back to Emilia on his own. and that Rem never physically existed since he last returned through death

It's going to hit hard. Just you wait and I can't wait for the threads after this. Rem is gone and this entire episode only exists to make it hurt more when Subaru realizes it.

Yes she denies herself happiness. Subaru also deserve the suffering he will get and already got. He should have just run away himself. But no a fucking speech later all of his mental breakdown shit has suddenly got healed. So much for muh its hard to die shit.

>choosing stinky Emilia over best girl Rem
I really cannot fathom what is going on through our retarded MC head?
Emilia must be a 100/10 super pretty girl while Rem is a 1/10 ogre abomination in his eyes or something.

You see he's too prideful to leave his first love for a hot, dick lusting, cute oni.

Yeah and I guess that LN page where Rem is driving a dragon was actually Subaru telepathically handling it :^)

She's a 10 but Emilia is a 20 to him. He wants Emilia more and showed he wouldn't be truly satisfied with 'settling'.

What can you do? Love makes fools.

>The White Whale still ate Rem and nobody remembers her.
No, it's not.

>I want to have sweet baby making sex with you subaru
>lol nah
make it end

>tmw you realise Rem is just another plot device used to make the audience suffer

I'm sad

I-is it wrong to fall in love with this man?

Rem is both a plot device nearing the end of its usefulness and a waifubait, I think it's been repeated ad nauseam...

repeating something doesn't make it true, my man.

Yes. Emilia deserves Subaru.

It's true where he comes from. Karma and all that.

I bet this is gonna bite the MC back in the ass in the end.
Can't wait for the "You never know what you have till it's gone" narrative when the Emilia = Satella plot twist come to light.

>And I, Natsuki Subaru, am finally Starting Life in Another World by White Fox™ Ltd.

I wish that's true. It would be beautiful.

>This is my ReZero!

How do they keep getting away with it?

Ignoring evidence doesn't really change reality either. A breathing corpse which has no interaction with other character is literally a plot device that has seemingly exhausted its usefulness.

I honestly wanna know how the other Isekai authors are reacting especially after Re:Zero and Konosuba.

This 2 shows just single-handedly told them to fuck off and do their stories properly or something.

>A breathing corpse which has no interaction with other character is literally a plot device that has seemingly exhausted its usefulness.
Sounds like Emilia senpai Literally nothing more than a prize, from beginning to finish.

I don't really think so, konosuba is a comedy and re:zero is a suffering drama series while most of the isekais are jus plain shonens. Nothing will really change unless someone wants to make a 'revolutionary' series that won't be seen for a long fucking time.

>No body will never ever love you like Rem loves Subaru.

Isn't it a double negation right there?

>konosuba
>good

I'm late but holy shit I was honestly furious at the "Rem, I love Emilia" how could you deny the best girl to ever exist fuck you Subaru he better die in the worst way possible next death.

>All of these Remfags crying about NTR when a harem end is way more likely than an Emilia end
>tfw you were a Kayofag in Erased

You don't know what true NTR feels like. I love Rem too, but holy hell.

Don't forget Overlord. All three have been incredibly high quality.

But, nobody expected Konosuba to succeed.

The fuck you say m8? I'll fuck you up.

>when a harem end is way more likely than an Emilia end
This.

>we truly are the Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

>Kayo
She was saved and got married. What do you want?

>you were a Kayofag in Erased

Subaru basically proposed to Rem before she confessed to him. Her rejection of his marriage proposal was on the basis of him not being true to himself.

It's an unrequited love and Rem knows this. She and Subaru likely know Subaru's is an unrequited love as well. For true love, you are happy knowing the one you love is happy, even if you yourself don't get to fully experience it with them. See: Tomoyo, CCS

I think in general, the anime really makes you smile and has a positive message, people think the main idea is Subaru's suffering, but it isn't.

In these three arcs it's always about how Subaru is ready to give up, then somebody lifts his spirit up and he comes back to his senses and strives to do what he can for things to be right, despite all odds. I think episode 18's title "Return to Zero" is just right since it personifies what this series is all about. Always stay cheerful, chin up, do what you can when the chance to do it is there, never run away from your problems and face them head on, with a smile on your face.

When things look bleak remember you are doing it for someone you care about, and that there are people who are there to support you. When people kick you down, always get back up.

Nice repost.

Bro, you don't know the manga, author raised the stakes on the cuck

After Kayo returned she visited Satoru every week until about a year prior to the series where Sachiko decided Kayo should move on and hid Satoru from her, so she eventually gave up broken hearted

And that's why Rem was waifubait, children nowadays can't accept that a girl won't fall desperately in love with them in two episodes after you've heroically saved her. Slow progression looks to you like no progression at all.

No fuck Subaru, fuck you.

Yeah this definitely isn't the message of ReZero.

Subaru gets back up after losing his mind, despite Satalla's influence.

The anime is very positive, and the author wasn't joking when he said this anime was supposed to be cheerful.

Don't let Satella beat you down! Stand up and fight! Fayto!

Author wrote himself in a corner, since he invested too much time into developing a romantic relationship between Kayo and Satoru, that if it wasn't for a decade long coma, it would be almost inevitable that the two of them would end up as lovers. Author was a massive Airifag, and this was the only way for her to win, by forcing Kayo to move on.

Almost nobody took it kindly, which is why an entire new manga series was made after the original one ended, where the author tried to calm down everyone for making Kayo seem like she left Satoru because she wasn't loyal or faithful enough, into completely ruining Satoru's mom and Kenya to a certain extent, who were both likable characters, by having them collaborate on a scheme that moved Satoru away to another far away hospital so Kayo can't visit him anymore, forcing her to move on with a broken heart.

No. That's a fucking shounencrap message that does not fit the message. The only message I'm getting from Re:Zero is how far people will go in their lives especially Subaru if he were to treat the time he has as if it were the last.

But a guy will fall desperately in love in a girl in five second and be stuck on her despite little interaction. But who am I to question an Senior Anime Pro like yourself, gramps! Would upboat if I could.

That's another message, and I agree with your point, but you are wrong about the general message.