Why don't anime do more of this kind of idol stories?

Why don't anime do more of this kind of idol stories?

Japs like idealistic escapism.

Everyone does.

Because Satoshi Kon is dead

Makes me wonder why isekai story where fat otaku turns into beautiful idol isn't a thing.

Because it's a pretty specific story?

no one likes used idols

Dreaming Machine when?

Macross Delta is heading that route. Most people get turned off by the first episode, thinking it is typical idol magic shit. However didn't most people think of that?

Delta is showing the sinister side of being an idol, along with intense action and fighting.

user please! Don't remind me

Its not nice to lie

ahnnnnnnnnnn~

because it non-subtlely shits on otaku ideals

>Delta is showing the sinister side of being an idol
When, in recent ewpisode?
Because so far it was like always lol idols are so cute bullshit, where the danger and drama only came because they are in fucking army.

I just watched this last night.

Did Mima kill the photographer or did Rumi do it? Why was his bloody clothes in her closet and why did she have memories of killing him if she didn't?

Movie is better
Also I would fuck Natalie Portman

Wake Up Girls

Pretty much this. It's not like we had a Perfect Blue every year back then. We had only one Perfect Blue and only Kon could make and direct stories like Kon could. Now he's dead and you'll never see anything like that again.

It was a trap to lure people in, similar to Madoka. The plot is slowly coming together, and thinks are making more and more sense. The recent episodes are showing the singing can be used for either good or evil. Take the picture here for example and now this ones eyes are dead, like her soul.

If you dropped it because of the idol stuff, you should definetly give it a try.

I haven't watched it in years so I can't recall the specifics, but Rumi did it. The theme of the story was losing your sense of who you really are when you have a constructed alternate public persona. Rumi's delusions were being shown without the movie giving you any indication that that's what you were seeing; that's the mindfuck.

Cuz it's taboo?

>It was a trap to lure people in, similar to Madoka.
>all this took 18 episodes
You're full of fucking shit

I miss him

Because it still does. Not as grim though, obviously.

WUG almost went there.

Do I need to watch any of the earlier Macross series?

Fuck digibro, you edgelord faggot.

I fapped to the fake-rape bit when I was like 12 years old.

Nope. It's made so that you can jump right in. You can watch older series after.

fuck off back >>>/everywherebutnothere/

normalbint.

Yup, idols can either sing a song of happiness or a song of destruction!