en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihon-shiki_romanization
core6000.neocities.org/
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=798652
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihon-shiki_romanization

!ぞいがんばる一日も今日

>core6000.neocities.org/
This should be on the OP

Do you mean in the OP post or on the djt website mainpage? The former is a matter of being the user who is around to make a thread. The latter is something you might find success posting on the feedback section of the djt site.

Alright that's it, I'm fucking sick of this shit.
I've been trying to not to complain and just see if it starts to make sense after reading for a while. But you know what? It doesn't. It fucking doesn't.
>passive or potential

How the fuck do the japs expect to have any potential and get ahead in life when talking about the potential of anything sounds exactly the same as passive?

なんJから来たンゴwwwwww
よろしくニキーwwwww

Perhaps the latter might be better, I remember there used to be an online index for the DOJG. This could replace it as it's much better.

For ichidan verbs (the ones you're complaining about) they generally just word around the ambiguity if they're going to be ambiguous if they say it. It's the same as how non-irregular english verbs have the passive participle and the past tense be the same word (jumped). It's not actually a problem in practice and people think of them as two separate psychological modes of the same form of the word.

ほへーっ?!

LEARNING JAPANESE IS ABOUT BEING A GRINDER! SOMEONE WHO FIGHTS THEIR WAY THROUGH ALL THE THINGS THAT THEY GO THROUGH! DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR REPS! DON'T GIVE UP ON READING! DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR GOALS AND YOUR DREAMS!

YOU WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR READING? GRIND! YOU WANT A LARGER VOCABULARY? GRIND! YOU WANT TO LEARN JAPANESE? GRIND! IT'S ABOUT WAKING UP EARLY, STAYING UP LATE, AND DOING WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO TO REACH YOUR GOALS! YOU HAVE TO RISE AND GRIND!

IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT PUTTING IN HOURS, IT'S ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH THOSE HOURS THAT YOU'RE PUTTING IN! YOU CAN'T BECOME GREAT UNTIL YOU FIGHT GREATNESS! YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET THE THINGS THAT YOU WANT OUT OF JAPANESE IF YOU'RE GOING AFTER WEAK AND EASY TARGETS! YOU DON'T CLIMB A MOUNTAIN BY LOOKING AT THE BOTTOM! YOU CLIMB A MOUNTAIN BY CLIMBING TOWARDS THE SUMMIT! DON'T TRY TO AVOID THE HARD PARTS AND GO AROUND THE DIFFICULT READING MATERIAL! TAKE IT HEAD ON AND FIGHT YOUR WAY THROUGH IT!

suck my cock bro

HELL YEAH, I'M GOING TO READ MURAMASA RIGHT NOW

>エンゼル

Hate wasting my new card spaces with this shit

You could suspend cards you think you don't need. I did that with all of my katakana words.

How do I ask for possible recommendation politely?

"If you have something to recommend about X, that would be very welcome"

Suspend it and it won't count towrads the daily new cards.

It's a word I mined, I just feel like I need it because it's not that obvious, but at the same time it feels like it's a waste of a card

>奏龍「やー、今日は疲れたしねえ。死ぬほど寝ちゃうぞー」

>蛍「そのまま本当に目覚めなければ、俺や白鷺さんも相当楽になるんだがな」

>fuck im so tired i could sleep myself dead

>me and 白鷺さん would be adequately glad if we didnt wake up to something like that tho

why does this feel wrong

I'm thinking in something like:
もし何かがお進めてくれると大変ありがたいです。

But I'm not really sure if it sounds good.
Does it?

>we
That's why.

if you really didnt wake up me and whoever san would have an easier time doe

The biggest porblem i'm facing right now is vocabulary. I need to start reading more shit, but it's so めんどくさい because most are uninteresting reads. I should try with vidya.

Beginner here. How the fuck am I suppoesed use Anki? I used it to learn some vocab yesterday and did a pretty dhitty job so I want to review the set again but it won't let me because my daily limit is reached (I haven't done anything today) and if I say I want to study anyway, it won't let me without increasing the amount of cards, when I don't even have the previous set even close to memorized.

I feel the same way about listening practice, I need to read more VNs but non of them interest me, and I need to watch more anime but I can only bring myself to do that when they have jap subs and jap subs are hard to come by

i knew this is what it should be based on context, but for some reason im only seeing it now that you spelled it out for me

probably fucked up because i had the wrong subject in mind as said

thanks /djt/, its almost like youre useful for learning japanese

Anki has unlimited space and when it comes up it will take you half a second to click 'easy' where it will keep maturing to the point that it won't come up again in years.

no problem fuccboi

It should give you 20 new cards a day, which you then review like 4 days later or something. If you didn't get 20 new cards today check your deck's options and see if daily new cards is set to 20 (or set it to whatever you want while you're at it)

You're not supposed to study outside of the calculated spacing (theres science behind it, yo), but since you're new it won't harm so I guess you could just go into the card browser and read through the cards again outside of the actual review mode.

Yeah, but my vocab backlog is massive, I mine more cards than I can do in anki everyday, so it still feels like a waste

>clicking

>wasting half a second of learning when you could spend 10 minutes on /djt/ shitposting about it
haha oh man

>going out of your way to learn this language
>can't find anything interesting to read/watch in that language

>you then review 4 days later.
How the hell am I supposed to learn anything like that? I barely remembered most the cards from yesterday. I'll have completely forgotten then four days.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=798652
KokoSake has JP subs. It's a great movie too.

There's plenty of shit I find interesting in the language, I love reading manga and LNs, and I love anime it's just hard as balls to watch raw, it's just 90% of VNs that don't interest me, which just happens to be the most useful learning tool for the language

DJT hold me, I'm signed up to go to language school in Japan in 15 months.
でけない.

When I was doing core and a word came up that I already knew I would hit 'easy' and then do one more card than usual that day. That way I was still doing 20 new cards and not 19 plus one I already knew.

Thanks, I'll consider it, I've still got a few jap sub'd films I've been meaning to watch like a few studio ghiblis and the GuP film, it's just finding the time

That's a good idea, I never thought to do that for easy words but I probably should

>easy button
>never thought to use it for easy words

I was obviously talking about
>and then do one more card than usual that day.
you muppet

Dude you're the one that pressed the time interval buttons. If you don't think you can remember it for 4 days press 2 days, or if not even that press again so you get it again the same day.

>muppet
Who do you think you are?

Actually, where'd he go anyway? I know he said he'd be gone for some time a while ago but I didn't think he'd leave for real.

>do too few cards sometimes
>never thought to not do too few cards sometimes

Do you have a Kindle? Reading LNs is actually better for learning than reading VNs with its built-in dictionary.

Dance, marionette.
Jamal might be gone but I shall be with you until the end of time, for I cannot learn japanese. Yours truly, Sartre.

I don't, I'm not too bothered about my reading abilities at the moment though, it's more my listening comprehension that needs serious work, my reading is leagues ahead of my listening, hence why VNs are the most useful tool in that regard

I'd love to just be able to read LNs forever, but it's too depressing being over a year in and just barely being able to watch an episode of a sol anime

no lol

Then read the other 10%. There's enough VNs out there that you should have enough to read without touching anything without a decent story until you know japanese

It's hard to find VNs that I like though, the only one's anyone ever talks about don't seem all that interesting to me, and the VNDB website doesn't have the best layout in the world

>[whining intensifies]

You can't learn Japanese.

I'm working on finishing up changing the tables from messy Word markup to simple HTML, so user may want to use that data to update the base deck data he is using for his script (it's around three times lighter in terms of kb for the tables, if nothing else) to generate the site page. Until I or someone else gets around to drawing up a dedicated site template for the data, similar to the pdf I suppose, the neocities page for the dojg content would work as a solid in between.

It would be pretty simply to add another heading to the table of contents. There is already a larger space for some reason, where it could go.

Are you the same fucking retard with the "cute girls doing cute girls thing"? Why do you keep saying every single day how you don't like VNs? Just fucking stop.

Start to work on your listening with JLPT prep books (Sou Matome, SKM) and JPod101. It'll prepare you enough for native listening material.

Any good books suitable for learning (past core6k)? I am going through a few text heavy games right now, but I'd like to go through something easy to mine and more challenging and I don't like most VNs/LNs.

Learn to ignore things, user. The world isn't going to change to suit your feelings.

No, there are no good books suitable for learning (past core6k).

You mean like grammar books or just native material in general? Check the CoR

Ironic coming from you, since you complain every single day that the world isn't fit to your needs.

JLPT N3-N1 stuff, Tobira, Read Real Japanese are the best intermediate structured learning resources. Try those.

I finished the beach section but tbqh I still don't know which choice you're talking about
None of them seemed particularly important

Only way to get good at listening is to listen more, so start watching more anime

Presumably the one where you choose which group to go look for.

That one was silly

>"Do you want to go look for Amane and Yui, or play Volleyball?"
>Fuck yeah time for some volleyball
>"Good job, you found Amane and Yui."

Fuck that just watch anime

Nah man, I don't watch that shit.

Why are you learning Japanese again?

Learning is fun!

That wasn't me that you're replying to, I was the guy talking about SoL vns the other day though, it just annoys me that VNs are so useful and yet I cannot into them, but I'll try and shut up about it

That wasn't me either, I love anime, I try to watch it as much as I can but it's just demotivating when I don't have jap subs because I feel like I miss so much

Just watch with English subs

It's too hard to avoid just staring at the subs the entire time when I do that

There's an easy fix for that, stop staring at the subs

How am I supposed to focus on my nippongo when there's giant english letters flashing in my face

Said this to a friend
>JSB三代目のおススメの曲があるん?
Did you try to read some random new raws from nyaa, some of the best seller books from amazon or watching some drama?
Some people here don't watch anime. I don't watch either but read manga and LN. I would also play VN if my computer wasnt so shitty
Watch without subs or Japanese subs. After this watch again with English subs.

>I would also play VN if my computer wasnt so shitty
You can play VNs on a toaster though. I'm talking a 10+ year old laptop.

>Some people here don't watch anime
What are you doing on Sup Forums then?

>What are you doing on Sup Forums then?
Because that's where djt happens to be located?

Ok gonna try it out again. I think I tried it over 1y ago but my computer got so hot that I stoped
I said I read manga and VN. The board is called Anime & Manga if you haven't noticed faggot. I probably watched more shit than half of the people here

Reading and listening are delegated to their own independent parts of your mind, so you can read one thing and listen to something else at the same time. Just keep trying, you will be able to do it. Concentrate on trying to spot where the translator inserted their own innovations or prejudices.

The Japanese learning thread in /jp/ is shit.

I think some girls only have the first choice and I used one of them while making the chart. I guess it should be labeled first choice.

私は今日は中国語を諦めることはなかった

>3 は in one sentence

Use them to laugh at him

That's one smug 困り

Fuck you fampai

It's correct though 初心者くん

Barely

In other words, it is correct.

Hardly

If you want to sound like a stupid gaijin, sure

>they don't know about the contrastive は
>they act smug on the internet despite being beginners