Will we ever get an anime adaptation?

Will we ever get an anime adaptation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KtvNU4hH_Gc
youtube.com/watch?v=MiR0MNMOTaw
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/ZUN/ZUN's_E-mails
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anime adaptation of a game with characters that have no back story or personality beyond the few expressions they show on screen?

Take a look at /jp/ then back at Sup Forums, then check the weebs on the net.
Do you really want to mix all of that on a bigger scale?
It's just fine the way it is, wait for more ZUN music and chill.
>I don't know what are the books, the lore, and the mangas
Educate yourself secondary

Of an itou life doujin?
I hope to god that was possible.

Would Sup Forums completely lose its shit if it would happen
Or have too many jumped on the kancolle ship?

This user's got it right, hell if you want anime adaptations just stick to what's already being made. MoP is pretty shit though but Hifuu sealing Club has a lot of good potential.

All the bandwagonners have jumped on KC, the actual fans of Touhou don't want an anime to avoid the series turning into something as bad as kancolle.

>reading zun's ramble that he calls canon
*ahem*Ran*ahem*parasite*ahem*kills fox*ahem*

Few years ago I'd say no. But ZUN is changing.

Kancolle even at it's best was getting about 1/5 the number of Doujins Touhou was getting.

Comiket stopped mattering for Touhou years ago.

And most of the good artists that went away are coming back.

Didn't ZUN say in one of his drunk rambling session streams that he'd never have a touhou anime and if he did it wouldn't be an adaptation of the games but something completely original?

The shiki parasite is actually a nice touch.
However I'd be glad if you refrained from writing like a spastic.

ZUN lore is not top notch but it has a nice refreshing touch, and I don't see how that deprives characters of a back story and personalty.

Unsurprisingly, ZUN has not changed as much and still disdains the idea of anime adaptations there's also what happened to the Smash 2hus westerns were making that he destroyed because it got out of hand.

More or less, unfortunately doujin artists (as well as music circles) have to hop in the bandwagon if they want to make some money. But yeah Kancolle is popular but not as popular.

There are fan animes out there. Hell, here's a recent one that's probably gonna come out soon.

youtu.be/KtvNU4hH_Gc

But since "muh canon", I guess you guys will probably hate it.

the only fanime I've seen that doesn't try to be a fanservicey pot of crap is Hifuu Sealing Club, seems like it'll be a promising one since it actually is focusing more on story than anything.
Also looks beautiful too.

Good. The FS manga is shit it's too dark and edgy for 2hu to be really quite honest with you. ZUN will kill his franchise by making it too dark for waifus and memes and people like the ones in /jp/ will eat that shit up because it boost their self esteem of being "primary". Bottom line is the death of 2hu will be decided by ZUN.

>Implying the waifu faggotry and memes aren't the cancerous part of the fanbase
There's a reason why the majority of 2hu bandwaggoners don't know there are games past 2hu 10, not enough 9 memes and thank fuck for that.

Granblue is taking away Kancolle artists now. It's not going to last much longer.

Everyone who is not a retard knew that Touhou was pretty dark under the surface. It was always true.

Retarded waifufags refusing to believe it is not ZUN's problem.

Nobody hates doujin animation, it's just not relevant.

I just think that ZUN sucks at world building in my opinion. Everything he tells about the world is usually in vague nature and not in a good way. And some question will probably never be answered because he doesn't really want to deal with it.

What if OP was actually talking about an adaptation of the doujin he posted

I think his word building is fine, it's vague enough for everyone to create their own ideas to fill int he blanks whilst also providing enough links and hints to pull everything together.
I just want him to confirm whether or not PC-98 canon is a thing.

I hope that both of those money-grabbing shit contents die and touhou regain popularity.

Stop hoping for the anime you cancerous Sup Forumsnon, not /jp/ but Sup Forumsnon. Since it most probably will attract literal cancer and I don't care about the adaptation either way since it will never happen and it will not be CANON.

IT WON'T BE CANON REALIZE IT ALREADY BECAUSE YOU JUST WANT IT HE SHITTY VOICE ACTOR YOU CAN FAP TO AND THE SHITTY FUCKING STUDIO TO SHIT ON YOUR FAVO SERIES

And if it will happen I won't care but will be bothered.

You faggots aren't real touhofags, you just bunch of Sup Forumsnons who think their opinion matters on this shit culture. Fuck off back kncolshit

Someday, senpai. Someday.

Touhou is edgy as fuck.
Remember that time Reimu and pals murdered the population of an entire world including their creator deity?

But the games past IN are largely bad.
Phantasmagoria is shit, Bombing off power items is a terrible mechanic, Ten Desires and DDC are ok, UFO has the single worst gimmick bar Pointdevice and LoLK is a mess because it was designed with Pointdevice mode (a really shitty gimmick) in mind. And don't get me started on the Clownpiss fight and the most disappointing Stage 6 boss in the series.

It is.
Yuuka knows Reimu and Marisa in PoFV, same with Alice in PCB and something very bad happened to Makai.

actually i was

Why the fuck are you talking as third person? Why don't you redirect it TOWARDS me you fucking guzzllers shit.

I understand I fucked up with this:

''BECAUSE YOU JUST WANT IT FOR THE SHITTY VOICE ACTORS CAN FAP TO''

Fuck off now

I'd have to disagree on LoLK, personally enjoyed that one a lot FOR the pointdevice mode gimmick. Clownpiss gives me PTSD for how hard that shit was but I largely loved Junko's fight for inversing most stage 6 boss fights, no flashy patterns or colors, just pure danmaku meant to fuck you up. Also helps she has the best stage 6 boss theme in the series to date.
The only game I'd call disappointing would be TD, just doesn't feel memorable to me in terms of bosses and OST which is the strong point of all the games in my eyes.

>Yuuka knows Reimu and Marisa in PoFV, same with Alice in PCB and something very bad happened to Makai.

Shit I didn't know the Yuuka part or the hints with Makai in UFO, ZUN you sly bastard.

Don't be so autistic user, you make 2hufags look even worse.

Most likely he's here just to shitpost and achieve that.

>Come to a 2hu thread expecting waifufaggotry and memes
>Actual discussion
Am I prejudging too hard or?

jesus fuck i wouldn't be able to handle an itou life animation.
That Liru seismic game was pretty close to an itou life doujin and itou life himself said he jerked himself to near death to it.

TV series and movies usually have their own canon or are straight up not canon. Calm down.

Lurking /jp/ and parroting their shitposts helps that.

Real discussions are dying.
Neo/jp/ is filled with major autism.
So you'll just get stale memes.
Sup Forums is not really a place for 2hu
So if you want a bit of discussion wait for the latest canon release and go to /jp/ I guess.

>tfw I only start gitting gud in 2hu because of LoLK
I know I'm a scrub for needing a hax mechanic to improve my danmaku but I just can't improve from other games.

Who said I was an tohofag? I was an tohofag back then and I played most of the bulltethell series on hard mode when I was a child and even now, but YOU guys making it worst by wanting a shit anime adaptation that will end this series gloriousness. I still can appreciate toho as an art form of its game and the musical form of it. As Touhou's spirit goes on, the series goes on.

Yeah I know, I fucked up again. I will kill myself now.

Are Itou Life's doujins really that good?

What a shame, it's actually pretty damn fun having proper discussions over the characters, music or elements of the series. Now all I can find are fags who only know touhou games from 6-9 and just spout memes.

pointdevice is fantastic for practice, because you have no downtime

More like panzers adaptation when?
It's already one consistent timeline.

Alison Airlines adaption when?

They're super soft and cute and usually have plenty of handholding and kissing.

>implying beansprout would ever be relevant

Just a damn fantasy, son.

That said, did they ever breach 100 for the total of waifus Zun threw at the fanboys?

dude you must read them, definetely god tier doujins

If you like testicle-squeezing, yoy might like it

There's already a great adaptation out

youtube.com/watch?v=MiR0MNMOTaw

doujin name, user?

It's called "My Little Sister Can't Read Japanese!"

No. Touhou it's fan owned so wait for doujin animations.

>anime adaptation of a game with characters that have no back story or personality beyond the few expressions they show on screen?
>that have no back story or personality beyond the few expressions they show on screen?
If only you knew about all the official fan books, manga and other official works fleshing out the characters and setting, user.

Hopefully when a Touhou anime does happen it will adapt ZUN's storytelling well enough that most people will think it's boring.

The entire premise of Touhou is a human village / zoo being kept alive by eons old monsters so that they can feed on the humans's fear of the youkai. Both cute Gensokyo and dark Gensokyo exist at the same time.

I thought ZUN has gone on record saying Windows is a separate continuity from PC-98. I just looked it up, in fact. Here's the quote in question:
>...I generally have no comment regarding
the PC-98 games. Please ignore them just as one can ignore derivative works. :-)
From en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/ZUN/ZUN's_E-mails

If it's an itou life doujin adaptation I'd prefer it be the satori one

When was that email? Was it before PCB?
Yuuka's comments on Marisa and Reimu in PoFV as well as Alice's comments in PCB to Reimu and Marisa all seem to hint towards them in the PC-98 era.

The earliest references I can find to it are from 2010, so I'm guessing long after PoFV. Even if it isn't, I don't think the appearance of PC-98 characters that are acquainted with the main characters contradict what he says in the email.

>I don't think the appearance of PC-98 characters that are acquainted with the main characters contradict what he says in the email
Remu to Yuuka "everything went back to normal the last time I defeated you"
This obviously refers to LLS

>actual fans
No true Scots man