Neon Genesis Evangelion

Hey guys I just finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and straight afterwards watching End of Evangelion. I have never watched anything as big of a head fuck as this , but don't get me wrong it was an experience and I think it was quite clever but seriously I almost feel like I need to see a psychologist after all that.

I don't know why I didn't get round to watching it till now and I'm glad I did watch it I liked it but I really do feel uneasy and a little fucked in the head now.

I've seen some shit but dam this one got to me.
Am I the only one who really felt genuinely rattled after this ?

Obligatory daily "what the fuck did I just watch" shitpost.

I wish I didn't understand it , that's what did my head in so badly.

waah I'm so deeply affected by Eva waah read my blog

Seriously it's a harsh cold reality this dam thing.

I don't care about the characters , it's the depth of everything it goes into and so many things are so deeply disturbing if you really understand what they're talking about you'd wish you didn't understand.

oh shut up you dumb kid, go watch a series with actual depth like Re:Zero

You just didn't understand the madness

the series is shit, the movies are shit. dont try to find pices of gold in a pile of turd

There is no escape from the void

It wasn't gold but it wasn't shit it was someones attempt to mess with peoples heads. There's so many things I find so disturbing about it and there all very abstract things but if you really understand the concepts it's genius in some ways but it's like I feel so uneasy after it and still some reasons I'm not sure why but it was very unsettling.

TV ending > EoE

Anno didn't know exactly what he was doing, but Evangelion is the anime that best captures the mind of a depressed person. It relates very heavily if you're fucked in the head

It is the best animated work of all time for a reason.

great user.
now go watch jojo part's 1 and 2

I honestly somewhat agree. The atmosphere and music in EoE was amazing, but it never went into depth with the character psychology as much as the 2 last episodes of TV.

False flag.

under8t'd

This

I hope you weren't retarded enough to watch the special edition versions of episodes 21-24 (usually sold as "director's cuts" in the west, which is a misnomer).

Those and that EoE retcon a shit. Fuck Anno and his retconning feminist diatribes about nice guys(TM) into the series.

That's because EoE is a retcon/alternative universe/alternative continuity. The narrative was never properly expanded upon.

It's a meme film, pretty much.

What?

the real question is when is the rebuild of evangelion 4.14 coming and if soundtrack will be electronic sheit like in 3.33 instead of magnum opus that were the first two movies.

But it did, and I'd argue that it did more. There is no new ground covered by the characters in episodes 25&26 beyond Shinji's epiphany. It's a dramatized recap of things which were already clear, told in an interesting way.

EoE advances the characters and adds a new layer to the existing nuances of all the characters. For example, Shinji's subtle misogyny exposed in the train scene: he screams at smiling, nude images of the Eva girls and calls them liars. More nuance is added as opposed to retreading the same material