Most hated anime protagonist 2016?

most hated anime protagonist 2016?

You're not supposed to end a statement in a question mark, especially if it's a fact.

I've yet to begin watching re zero but you people calling it shit like a hundred times a day don't exactly make me anxious to watch

I really don't understand the hate for Subaru. He was a shut-in who was isolated at a very young age which caused him to be clueless at social interactions. Having social retardation, which I imagine would be like the rest of you, shouldn't you people understand him better than everyone else? He kept seeing the people who cared for him, probably the first ones for a very long time besides his parents, suffer horrible fates at each loop. With the amount of stress and mental fatigue that he suffered, isn't it at least plausible for him to behave that way? Furthermore, he experienced very gruesome deaths which I would imagine, be very traumatic. If that is not enough, was his speech in the last episode which mentioned that he was only keeping an act to cope not compel you? I imagine that it hit close to home for the most of you. So Sup Forums, how can you be so pretentious in your own self-hatred?

Glad I skipped to the last line

What makes you think anyone cares if you watch it or not?

Anyway, I don't really like Subaru, but I do enjoy seeing him suffer

Why does everybody hate him? He's so stylish.

There is no reason to hate him but yeah probably

>social retardation

this is an MC were talking about here dumb shit

it was also stated that he works out just as much as his gaming which doesnt make him a shut in anymore

You guys finally get a MC that's literally /user dropped into another world and you guys hate him. I don't know whether I should find this surprising or if I should expect this.

Working out and being shut in are not mutually exclusive. Uncommon together, but not mutually exclusive.

He's a "shut-in" who has no trouble going outside, works out and is a very competent street brawler, can handle kids with ease, does not have any kind of anxiety issues, makes generic anime girls laugh etc.

If he didn't occasionally mention the "I'm like such a shut-in dude I know all the LN tropes", it would be preposterous to even theorize that he used to be a hikki.

>y-you just hate him because he's just like you!
Who the fuck came up with the retarded notion that I would be a good protagonist?

Look at the very last line of the paragraph.
You also have low reading comprehension.

He doesn't even seem to know the LN tropes well at all, either
If he didn't explicitly say he did, there would be no reason to think he did
>half-elf super embarrassed about it
>the big bad just happens to also take the form of a half-elf
>elves are, in nearly every fantasy setting, especially these "whisked away to another world" ones, discriminated against and\or seen as sub-human
>has to be told that are and acts shocked when he is told
He's a goddamn Schröedinger's Otaku

He's a total fucking niwaka. Probably seen 20 anime and thinks he's the anime master.

>took him forever to realize he's respawning
Like jesus fuck.

>inb4 Deku

Can we at least agree that the development he underwent in episode 7, 12/13 and 15 were actually logical and much better done than whatever the fuck happened during episode 18? Good god, it was such a farce that I dropped the anime.

protip: worst animes don't even get grace of a thread about them
if Sup Forums takes time to call something/someone shit it's a big thing in industry.

He wasn't so bad until he said "I love Emilia".

Your waifu

the same thing happened with naruto. The difference is just that rem gets more screentime than hinata

Subaru being terrible means the show is great unless you're a Remfag.

she could've said yes

remfag here
I dropped her because my waifu can't be a cuck that wants her guy to be a delusional hero faggot

Don't forget that he is extremely hard working and actually asks for a job.

No reason to hate him but a lot of people here in Sup Forums hate him for some unknown reasons which I honestly do not understand why.

>took forever

It took him like, 3 episodes to realize that.
I don't know what you we're expecting, but that's a crazy short amount of time

Someone did not watch the newest episode

what if he dies now and his 20min conversation with rem, never happens?

Not really, there are much worse protags from this year.
I don't see why Sup Forums shits on him constantly, there's really not much wrong with him? He's definitly flawed, but he's not written to be perfect.

And if Sup Forums is complaining about a MC that doesn't fall into the super generic tropes of a certain genre, then clearly something is wrong and you shouldn't be listening to them.

>I imagine that it hit close to home for the most of you. So Sup Forums, how can you be so pretentious in your own self-hatred?
I am sorry that I am not pathetic enough to be able to relate to such a shitty protagonist.

Have you not been following how this shit works?
Subaru remembers everything, so he'll already know what rem feels and that she'll follow him to the ends of the earth, and he'll also have his new-found drive to keep him going.

Theres almost no point to having the talk happen again, because regardless he's gonna die again anyways, thats the entire point of the series.

I can relate so it's painful

How many times did he die during those 3 episodes?

Before he started noticing? Probably around 4 or 5.
Subara hasnt died as much as you think he has.

I have a question.
Will somebody who has worked hard all their life able to enjoy this anime? People have going on about this anime quite a bit and saying it is good, but people have also indicated that you have to be pathetic to be able to relate to the main character. Is that true?

3 times

I remember spoilerfags mentioning that Subaru will realize how much he actually cares about Rem and ask Emilia to let him have her as a concubine at the conclusion of this arc or the next. Then again they might be bullshitting, who knows.

Died 3 times before he even noticed! Seriously? Either he is an idiot or dying is not that noticeable.

I might as well post my list, considering I actually cared to upload it.

>City arc: Killed by Elsa. Belly open. (episode 1)
>City arc: Killed by Elsa. See above. (episode 1)
>City arc: Killed by muggers. Stabbed in the back by slim mugger. (episode 2)
>Mansion arc: Killed in his sleep. Cause: curse from the shaman. (episode 4)
>Mansion arc: Killed by Rem due to suspicion. Cursed by the shaman, left arm and part of his body torn apart, beheaded. (episode 5)
>Mansion arc: Killed by Rem and Ram. Right leg cut clean by Ram, tortured by Rem, throat pierced by Ram. (episode 7)
>Mansion arc: Suicide. Jump from cliff in the mansion's surroundings. (episode 7)
>Cultists arc: Killed by Puck's freezing spell in the underground of the mansion (episode 15)
>Cultists arc: Killed by Puck's freezing spell + beheaded in the mansion's yard (episode 15)
>Cultists arc: Killed by Puck's freezing spell in the forest (episode 18)

>Either he is an idiot or dying is not that noticeable.
Things can seem surreal when you're summoned in a fantasy world.

Well, I hope this anime motivates you to improve yourself.
Good luck.

no. Because he's suddenly forced to work really hard and it doesn't work

so he's died 10 times.
The supposed "good guys" killed him 5 times while the "bad guys" killed him 4 times and killed himself once.
I'd say stay the fuck away from the "good guys"

>Things can seem surreal when you're summoned in a fantasy world.
You can say that, but having your belly sliced open twice should be something that is hard to dismiss.

the truth is, that people dont want to admit that they are as retarded as him sometimes and "cringe" about it. Hes just a normal everday Joe hanging by, i like that he doesnt want to die and is shit scared to "reset" cause that frikkin normal.

And before people start to defend themselfs and argue they would never act like him etc etc. You here, on Sup Forums, discussing an imaginary MC, doing NOTHING.

Slothful.

just as he died he heard someone say he was truly slothful. Who said it to him? Satella or Puck?

No to what? No, I wont be able to enjoy it or no, I don't need to be pathetic to be able to enjoy it?

Puck.

But he's better than that Gary Stu kirito

You should be able to enjoy watching him getting stabbed and frozen repeatedly. He works pretty hard in the second arc.

>killed and tortured by Rem

and people wonder why he pick Emilia.

>If you are on Sup Forums then you must be pathetic.
I wish people would stop with that. Can't we accept that being here just means that we are creepily obsessed with anime.

No, that's /r/anime.

Deku from boku no pico academia is way worse
Subaru is ok, fuck off remtard

To be fair, both times he looked suspicious as fuck, and smelt the same as the people who genocided their village.

remfags have literally no rebuttal

Almost died 2 times now, can tell its a wicked feeling. You can hear and see, but your unable to comprehend whats going on, almost like watching a movie from a backseat row, trying to manover a ragdoll on wires through it.

So YEAH i think its possible to be confused for the first 2 times dying.

Nobody acts as retarded as Subaru. Doing a dumb decision under massive pressure and emotional stress is one thing, but he's an annoying retarded sperglord literally all the time.

>Nobody acts as retarded as Subaru
I wish that was true. Altho I still doubt building an anime around such a character bing a good idea.

That was bait.

>Sword Art Online

He got gutted TWICE and woke up at the starting point without realizing anything. He is supposed to be some kind of shut-in otaku shitter who knows all the cliches yet he doesn't figure it out, even though he's already accepted he's living an anime.

It's inconsistent characterization, and utter bullshit.

He reminds how people hated Madoka for always runaway and never becomes a magic girl. Sup Forums will always hate non-cliche MCs.

I did, the people who are suppose to relate with Subaru would never get so far and do so much in the name of "faking" it. He tried extremely fucking hard to become a better butler, the fact he could have done it better doesn't change that fact.

SAO was everything that is good about anime on surface level mixed with everything that is wrong with anime underneath.

A chocolate pie with shit on the inside if you will.

No, hes just normal. I bet here and now that 99% on Sup Forums couldnt even have a normal Job interview without sperging out.

Yet people talk smug shit, they would have the composure to handle the stress of saving a whole villiage, wich they call friends.

The Spagetthi lying on the floor would be enough to let slip and kill a whole army.

This whole discussion is retarded, im out .

Yeah, Subaru acts like a kid in a high school anime club, or some sakuracon commercial reject. People like him do exist, but they should be avoided at all costs. These are the people that end up as living memes, like Chris-chan.

First time coming to Sup Forums in a while for the sole purpose of seeing if there was any hate for this loser. If he doesn't eventually take a step back, chill the fuck out for an episode or two I don't think I'll be able to finish it. Especially when all the characters are spastic freaks except Lia.

no you didnt read nor understand what i wrote. You dont understand THATs the point. You wake up in a hospital like "The fuk am i doing here?!" Now tell me it would be easier when you SLIP BACK IN TIME to the exact Moment you had been fine and tell me you would realise shit and not be like "Whelp, that been a freaky Daydream."

I think both the hatred of and adulation for this show are blown way out of proportion. Is this genre is overdone to a nauseating degree, even when it tries to be meta/self-deprecating? Hell yes, but Re: Zero actually does a surprisingly good job of it through good writing, characterization and pacing. Is it one of the best anime series that will be talked about for generations? I doubt it because its still a product of a genre that is full of tired tropes and conventions. Even Subaru's revelation in the latest episode has been done dozens of times before. Re: Zero is a show that should have sucked ass and it's become so popular because, despite that, it still manages to be pretty good. It's an 8/10 show and both sides of the argument should keep that fact in consideration.

It's one thing to be either socially retard or logically retard, it's another level to hate if it's both.

Subaru is the far from normal, he acts unnatural as fuck. He rarely interacts with others like a human being, instead he shouts, poses and spazzes out and throws weak anime references he knows they will never understand.

jesus christ thank god
i thought i was alone in this, what a shit japanese draw cartoon

>It's a masking my biased opinion as unbiased episode

You mean like soldiers, who come back home and throw tantrums without even realising why they are stressed? Kappa

I bet your edges got folded lik glorious Katana, 1000 times, can melt steel beams and cut everything in one strike in capable handz.

He's already been summoned to a cliche as fuck anime world where magic powers exist, why is it so hard to believe that another otaku cliche is happening to him? Time looping and other time fuckery is a VN staple. Hell, Re:Zero's exact gimmick has been done before in a quite well known VN.

If he actually was as genre savvy shut-in otaku as the shit tier comedy makes him out as, he'd suspect it from the first death, or at least the second. It wouldn't take 3 deaths for his dense useless ass to figure it out.

Cause it couldnt have been foresight, or maybe another power.

He already acted like that in episode 1. Episode fucking 1, you nimrod. I'm sure he went through some traumatizing times during his old life as a hikki NEET.

This. A lot of what Subaru does is unprecedented for his character, it feels like the author just lazily brings him from one situation to the next. For instance, he had no reason at all to follow Emilia to the capital. Things were going good with him and Emilia and she would've been back by dinner, the only reason I can think of is just that he did it to further the plot.
(you)
Nice b8.

It's not about being biased or unbiased. It's about people sperging the fuck out about how they hate/love the show. The show isn't shit nor is it a revelation. It's just pretty good.

Well he doesn't suspect that either, he simply shrugs it off.

Thats exactly why you guys are idiots for even trying to argue about him acting "normal" hes a shut in and for that very reason he acts "normal" in his boundaries.

And now try to argue that ATLEAST 50% on Sup Forums arent shut in's.

Also, people with no life experience try to tell other people how THEY would react without ever been in a similar situation.

I call bullshit on you guys.Truelly Slothfull.

People are not bitching about the show, they are bitching about the MC. The show may be well made, but he is shit.

Subara is not even half as much Absolute Madman Deku is

I like him and I want to see what happens. That being said, I don't particularly feel much for him in ways of sympathising or detesting.
The only part that made me want to die was when he was speaking in front of the knights.

It ain't easy bein a virgin. Trust me, I'm an expert.

they're Remfags. They're mad because "i love Emilia"... Subara is a good MC. But most of the idiots here want to self insert or pick their shit waifubait.

Yeah dropped after this episode. Never mind the fact the series has been moving at a snail's pace.
I can handle the cringe of Watamote or NHK but this shit is just on a whole other level of bad decision making.
I'm fairly certain this is a symptom of the author's autism.

No cringe from now on though

Let's not shit on the author now, he's married and is bro as fuck to his readers/fellow writers.

Shit in the sense that he's a shitty person or in the sense that he's a shitty character. I think he's a shitty person but that makes him compelling. Not the most original, mind you. I've seen much worse but I've also seen better.

The problem on that point is that he doesn't act like a shut-in at all, just an hyperactve narutard. He's portrayed in-anime as outgoing, good with kids, a jokester, capable hand-to-hand combatant on a normal human level. He's a walking contradiction.

The unnatural behavior of Subaru is present almost exclusively in the light-hearted segments and stems from the authors bad grasp on comedy, not from Subaru being a shut-in. The author has read too many bottom of the barrel trashy LNs.

At least show some respect for Rem, emiliafaggot.

For some people he is a shitty character and for other people he is a compelling character. This is why people are ether loving or hating this show
I personally think he is a shitty character and makes the show unwatchable.

who?