Sounds cool. Looking forward to it.

Nice

sticky this

Will they adapt glopping?

Even SAOfags think this is a supremely retarded idea

Source: I am one

Can't be worse than 2D SAO, can it?

absolutely disgusting

Does the protag finally look like his LN counterpart?

This. Same here. What the fuck are they thinking?

You can really feel the author's projection here.

I don't particularly like SAO but it could be good.

>For years I have been inspired by the inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise,

Why can't they just, ya know, make a spinoff seires?

Actually .. did this ever happen?
Did west ever create a TV show that is based on anime? I only know about few japanese attempts.

But user

Accel World already exists

To be fair, wanting to look like a girl is every man's wish.

There were rumors HBO was going to do a Monster live action series. Doesn't look like that will ever happen, though.

One of the very few series that'll actually be better as a hollywood cash grab.

Death Note is getting a live action Netflix series.
L is black

This has Miki written all over it. He has been saying for a while that he wanted SAO to go to Hollywood.
A TV series by an American studio is as close as he's going to get, I guess.

anything + 3DP3 = shit

I want to live in japan.
I could literally send the shit from my secondary writing competitions to companies and id get published and popular.

Not him but no, I want a spin off with Klein as MC.

>the show is fully CG as to simulate it being a game
I would love this. The anime made it look like generic fantasy world. I would like if it actually looked like a game.

Do it user.

And del Toro is supposed to direct.

Actually, there is massive competition for that in japan.
And SAO was at first a self-published web novel. It only got "official" release after it got really popular.

>Light Turner
holy shit

Will the Black Swordsman be played by a black guy?

Me three. But I guess live action is the new "in" thing right now.

Why do they keep trying to do this shit? Who the fuck wants these western live-action adaptations? Hopefully they all fail miserable/never come out, like the trend has been for the last couple decades that they've been trying to make this happen. If Ghost in the Shell does even semi-decent though, it'll open the flood-gates to anime/manga/LN/VN becoming the new cape-shit.

It will be shit and I hope barely mentioned on Sup Forums.

Making Kirito black would be a very good idea actually.

>“For years I have been inspired by the inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise,” Kalogridis said. “I’m thrilled to get the opportunity to work with such talented partners to bring this cutting-edge yet timeless story to a new format at Skydance.”

So how long until American live-action One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, AoT, Eva, Sailor Moon, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam, Kill la Kill or Fate/Prisma Illya?

>the new cape-shit
Even if GiTS does well (very doubtful) anime and manga adaptations will never catch fire like the MCU. Capeshit has a very solid audience that grew up on comic books during their childhood, it's virtually an American culture. Anime/manga is very niche, categorically diverse, and has a decentralized audience that have differing tastes.

Hollywood and Netflix fail to understand this. All they care about is money and they'll get their wake up call when they realize Edge of Tomorrow was an outlier.

If they don't put the harem, sure, why not?

MAKE KIRITO BLACK! FUCK NIGGER L!

3d glop

It already has one nigger merchant.

Klein will probably be the fast-talking Latino like the guy from Ant Man who provides comic relief and bro support

>Who the fuck wants these western live-action adaptations?
SAO's editor, Miki, has been talking about how a "Hollywood Adaptation" is basically the end-goal for SAO, for him at least.

>"for years... been inspired by the inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Miki is a business-man. Of course he would want a novel he published to go as mainstream as possible.

Fucking Miki ruins everything

I don't watch SAO but I honestly wanna see a nigger Kirito.

Holy shit make it stop.

2 years

>I don't watch SAO but I honestly wanna see a nigger Kirito
Fuck off

why not? SAO is garbage anyway.

I agree. Nothing sinks an upcoming franchise faster than black 'actors'.

Pic related. Roland Deschain of Gilead. The stoic gunslinger that didn't bat an eye when he lost a hand and shows as much emotion as a very cynical rock.

To be honest I would like to see this happen to JoJo, Part 1 or 7 would work well as a live action movie.

Because the only black person Hollywood has is Jaden Smith.

>hasn't watched a show
>calls it garbage
It's not very good but you have no right to say anything about it, cancer

Make the characters black please so it can flop really hard.

Add some blacks jokes to it too.

Netflix doesn't operate under the same rules as Hollywood. Distribution isn't as costly as it is in movies - movies don't compete with each other over availability (you can only have so many movie running at the same time at each cinema, but netflix offers you everything all the time), and it costs jack shit to distribute a movie over Netflix indefinitely.

The only way Netflix can keep growing (barring price hikes and advertising) is by attracting new audiences. This means reaching out to non-subscribers, and offering content they would want. Since they've already secured much of the low-hanging fruit, they have to aim higher by targeting niches. Anime fans are one such niche.

>live-action
> Fate/Prisma Illya
I want to see this.

I did faggot, I'm not the other user you're replying to.

First half of season 1 is pretty decent the rest are just pure garbage.

The only good things that SAO anime had was the OST and some great animated scenes and the TV live action will have nothing of them.

Kirito the BLACK Swordsman.

The girls were cute too.

Live action won't have that because 3DPD
Also, how the hell will they adapt Sugu's failed incest arc? Assuming they get that far

Now that the series has been analysed to death will they still manage to fuck it up.

Kirito the Swords-Woman of Color.

>This means reaching out to non-subscribers, and offering content they would want.

But few people want this, I don't know if I am alone in this but I watch Anime in place of TV any adaptation will never live up to the original animation.

...There are no words in the English or Japanese language to express my reaction. This picture is the closest thing I could come up with.

>Kirito
>Woman

Actually, to appeal to American audiences, they might make the TV-series take place in GGO.

Nah the whole thing was gary-stu self-insert wish fulfillment from start to end.

I hate that it's now a safe opinion to say that the first half of S1 was good and then it sucked after it got into different games. The concept of SAO was good but it failed in its execution from the beginning utterly because the characters fucking sucked.

I'm not sure if you're saying that the actor was too expressive, or if the actor wasn't expressive enough.

They won't, probably only the SAO part.
ALO for the second season

Asuna will be asian
The Katana bro will be black and will be rewritten to form a "Kirito/Asuna/KatanaBro" trio.

NO

YOU RUINED Sup Forums

YOU RUINED Sup Forums

AND NOW YOU'RE GOING TO RUIN Sup Forums?!

FUCKING SWORD ART ONLINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I hate that it's now a safe opinion
>now
Newfag, please go.

>"[It] follows[] a brilliant young beta tester Kirito and his group of friends when they are trapped — alongside 10,000 other people — in a next-generation virtual reality online role-playing game. The game is a world unto itself: filled with sword fighting, monsters, magic and mystery, where the stakes are life and death. Kirito and an ensemble of diverse characters must fight their way through this hostile environment while making lives for themselves in the fantastical world that is Sword Art Online.

So. Will it be following Progressive or not?

Isn't IBM also working on a VR SAO MMO game?

I hope you're right, but the last thing we need is more casual retards coming in, especially if it leads to the same bitching we see elsewhere, and any impact/change on source material being made in Japan.

>I hate that people don't treat SAO like pre-BELIEVE IT Naruto anymore
Don't worry, people still bait with it all the fucking time

>Sup Forums
The only thing that's ruining anything is you, /r9k/

>AND NOW YOU'RE GOING TO RUIN Sup Forums?!

Huh, no threads on the Sup Forums catalog mentioning this. Guess I'll make a thread there, just for you.

No. That was just a "demo".
That said, there are already several SAO games.

The only way to stop this madness is to turn them against Sup Forums. The massive explosion will cleanse all that is wrong with Sup Forums.

>had a dream this would happen
Whoa

If they kept the novels' pacing, they would have to build new sets for each new game.

So they'll probably do Progressive.

How long until live action OPM man?

Not even light novel shit is safe.

Well, I'll just wait and see which 3dpd plays Asuna, I'll decide again from there.

inb4 emma thompson because she seems like she might actually fit the role

Fuck off back to /ghost/, Nagi

Time to search Kirito & Asuna future actors on deviantart.

W-well, look at the brightside, it can't, uh... it can't be any WORSE than the anime, r-right?

Alright, well I've been here since the board started so fuck off. Second Sup Forums was on this show's dick when it was airing all the way til the second season, and when they realized it was adored by reddit they updated their opinions to remain hipster.

Now because someone said like 6 months ago in a thread that "Oh well the first half of S1 wasn't bad because it was animated well" or something everyone's on this bandwagon.

Form your own fucking opinion for fuck's sake, it's an anonymous imageboard who's image are you trying to protect?

But then they have to build new sets for each new floor. (After floor 2 anyways, seeing as Floor 1 and 2 are basically generic maps)

>“For years I have been inspired by the inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise”

All I read was
>"I want in on this cash cow".

>live action prisma illya
But how

Kirito ---> Black American
Asuna ---> White American
Klein ---> Brown Brazilian
Yui ---> Brown American(Half black/ Half white)
Silica -->Chinese
Akihiko --> British

Delete this

>well I've been here since the board started
Yeah and my dad works for JC Staff
>Sup Forums was on this show's dick when it was airing all the way til the second season
>til the second season
Oh never mind you were just baiting

so... WE?

WE

WUZ

KIRITO

This is one time where I encourage they white wash the fuck out of it. I don't want to see characters called Kirito and Asuna. I might cringe to death.

>Nah the whole thing was gary-stu self-insert wish fulfillment from start to end.
Fucking this. People need to stop thinking this shit was going to be some god tier series if the first half didn't end the way it did. The writing got retared with each episode.

I think what they'll do is keep the in-game characters "Kirito" and "Asuna" but the real life people will be called something like Kevin and Ashley

As long as they don't go Harlem warriors and remove Yui from the anime then it has a chance of possibly being good. If they keep it I don't know how the hell this will appeal to a real mainstream audience.