Under The Dog

I put 500 bucks into this awesome kickstarted anime and i want my money back now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/16i1WNmXn5Y?t=26s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>$500

>500$

>$500

>500 bucks

>500 bucks

>$500

>500 bucks

>500 bucks
Good goy.

>500 bucks
That hong kong or american?

>500 smackers

>500 bucks

>500 bucks

nice investment of nana's inheritance

>500 bucks
I hope you talking about canadian dollars

>500$
Smh

>500 bucks
KEK

>500 burgers

>$500

fucking why user? I refuse to spend anything over $20 on kickstarter

> 500 bukz

shall I put you on harakiri watch?

Kill yourself.

I seriously don't get what people were expecting.

> 143 times tree fiddy

damn son, u making nessie jelly

>spending anything on kickstarter

>$500
>Kickstarter

>$500

Please tell me youre just baiting

JUST

youtu.be/16i1WNmXn5Y?t=26s
0:26

>500 dollaridoos

>500 green ones

It was actually quite good though?

Yea, lots of things weren't explained, and the reason why US soldiers miss so much when they shoot at girls is probably going to be stupid.

But if it were a series, I'd honestly consider it one of the best in this season.

>5272,26 pula

You stupid fucking imbeciles.

And if it was a series from this season I'd call it the poor man's Guilty Crown.

thing is, was expecting a psychological action thriller, got a pew pew call of duty with some magic n shit

I'm 100% believe you

Worst fucking part is just how lame the fight with the US military was. Best part is that knowing they brought in the Worf effect in the very first episode, there is no doubt that it is unwatchable shit.

It would take this guy commanding some actually competent people (not super assassins or some bullshit) to get me interested in this again.

Shit taste detected. It had 0 things good going on. Story, the little that is there, is weirdly explained, it has a change of character in the middle of nowhere (and tone, for seconds it becomes Dragon Ball) and the show takes itself so seriously it hurts because of what and how it is showing it. I mean, it tries so hard to being serious shit but is failing in so many levels that all that seriousness bounces back to bite it. Also the action scenes are shit, and I am not even talking about the animation itself but what is trying to shown. Though for being a chapter 0 it does one thing well: It knows its score:0.

>500 bucks

Guilty crown looked shinier. But I don't feel like it's even quite in the same genre.

I guess that would lead to disappointment.

It's currently basically a "girls with guns" anime of the kind where the victims aren't only evil or monsters.

The people coercing the girls into service seem to be the monsters so far.

Apart from weapons missing way too often (maybe 'cause of magical green eyes?), it wasn't really bad.

And weapons missing way too often to be remotely realistic is a common anime trope.

I want to watch this but I feel like I'm just going to be angry at how many people got scammed.

>you stupid fucking imbeciles

you know, it's funny, i just realised that there is nothing to spoil for someone who hasn't watched it yet

Your taste is shit if you think there was nothing good.

The story so far is about girls pressed into service with their families hostage and they must kill normal humans to do their mission - what did you expect for the tone?

And I don't see the problem with the action scenes. Yea, everyone somehow misses protagonists with their firearms in animu when they really shouldn't. Now even muh glorious US Army. Must be a lethal blow to patriotism, eh.

COD anime when?

You will hear an eagle three times but never actually see one.

$500

>$500

> 500 shakels

With $500 you could have help out watamote a lot with that.

watamote can't be helped

>Pledge $500 or more
>Have your physical rewards signed: the creative staff will sign your copy of UTD episode and the Voice-Over cast will sign your Copy of the Script. Also receive 1/8 scale figure of Anthea from Good Smile Co. and an Under the Dog Collapsible Container Box to store all of your rewards.

>$500

thank god I paid only $30

I'm a cheap fuck

>500 dollars

Figure is why i pledged 500 bucks.

Later i found out that you can order it separately.

>poorfags think that $500 is a lot of money.
lmao.

Funnily enough I am not american (thought that my english would give that away). The pod entry scene was beyond stupid, suddenly micromissiles from a pod dropped from a transport aircraft (Why this was a way to not be detected? It's not like the airplane was stealth or civilian.).

The soldiers standing around for no reason in a middle of a gunfight, it's not like they don't know what a flower is or they know that the two students inside are a flower and the objective.

Also, they are pressed to be assasins, but why? Because strange pandora related powers? It's very contrived the way is shown, trying to be grimdark for the sake of it. Like when the flower is killed, her parents with her, and you replace her with the generic protagonist girl. And the fight silent-Iamtocoolforthisworld new main character and the pandora...eek.

Animation had obvious flaws, using alot of short and close takes to not have to show anything that needs work.

In short, for all the hype related to the people involved in the project, it turned out to be a mediocre anime if it had been released in an anime season. And that's saying a lot.

>Actually paying into kickstarter
You clearly have problems thinking rationally

> It's not like the airplane was stealth or civilian.
We don't know it wasn't stealth. There is stealth with radar deflecting angles, but there is also stealth with absorptive coatings and reduction of emissions or whatever.

> Also, they are pressed to be assasins, but why? Because strange pandora related powers? It's very contrived the way is shown
According to the backstory, after a terrorism incident involving those "pandora" enhanced terrorists, the UN formed a special forces branch with child soldiers in 2025.

As we can see, they apparently they now fight the USA at time. Oh yes, that's contrived, but not all in the single episode. Of course they are baiting to bring this to a series.

Which probably won't happen, but eh, of course they would try.

> Animation had obvious flaws, using alot of short and close takes to not have to show anything that needs work.
I agree. Not surprised that that happened though.

>500 fathers

For 1 episode it. At least other studios have the decency to give you a whole season for that price.

what are you trying to say?

You got shanghai swindled by a japan man.

I think he's saying that a full season BD set costs around 500 dollars.

>50,000 pennies

>1/8 scale figure of Anthea
From what i can see its still kickstarter only

Well, that is a little /k probably, but you can't make something like a C-5 Galaxy or similar stealth, it's one huge return blip whatever you put on it. I mean, we could say is bullshit tech like the pod(which really, WHY, it detracts of the feel of the OVA seeing that "shit" and the gun the bland new protagonist uses), but the point is that doesn't make much sense even in story.

Thanks for the bit of info about the UN SF. So I suppose boys are all bad, and all good ones are girls. This only works well X times and in very determined flavour of anime(meaning, not the ones that takes themselves so fucking serious). Even so, more than "they fight the US" which is perfectly fine, is the "how", and then the "why" which is wtf. Dunno if they end up making a series of this, but for an effort without producers pressure it has been lackluster in the not-money-related-departments and that's something that speaks volumes if they do a serie out of it.

Also, the "protagonist" meaning the supposed protagonist does nothing for me. No personality, no anything, it even looks bland when it is trying to look cool. Overall liked the "totally normal clothes" approach of the other flower.

THe shield scene...suddenly dragon ball >.<

I had watched this expecting 0, really, but it ended up being worse. Then again, given what I have seen (first hand sometimes) in KS, shit happens sometimes.

you can go to their site and order it there

or maybe it's something like you can pledge few bucks and then add figure, i can't remember

>$500

>I mean, we could say is bullshit tech like the pod(which really, WHY, it detracts of the feel of the OVA seeing that "shit" and the gun the bland new protagonist uses), but the point is that doesn't make much sense even in story.

The plane thing is actually believable. It´s not like the US could all of a sudden shut down all high-altitude air traffic over Japan for what was apparently an ad-hoc raid. Unless you expect exactly what happened in the episode to happen, you wouldn´t even think of doing something like that.

The bullshit part is the pod. That technology is so retardedly advanced (a drop pod with self-targeting mini-missiles that acquire air and ground vehicles by themselves and firing them does not disrupt the pod´s landing), that you would expect it to be fielded by the US ahead of literally everyone else... and of course, have the means to counter it, like anti-air trophy systems on the hummvees.

But again, this was just another fucking instance of the Worf effect. Gotta kick the ass of the people who kick the most ass so you can show your MC kicks the assest, even though said ass-kicking is unbelievable as shit.

Is this the Might no9 of anime?

Is it finally prom night?

True, but it wouldn't surprise me if some fighters from any base or aircraft carriers would have redirected to restrict the airspace for the duration of the raid.

The pod is bullshit X10, it just appears tech too advanced out of nowhere, a bit like they stealed it from Expelled From Paradise. And the more bullshit part is that is done in order to clean up something that the main protagonist should have needed too much time to do. It's too convenient.

The final thing is, WHY they need to use the Worf Effect. It detracts too much. I mean literally, because Worf Effect can be used well or bad...here we have a very bad and expensive example.

>500 bucks

>"The target and friendlies are in the building!
>"Bomb that shit anyways!"
Seriously, why were there so many fucking explosions?

$500 is worth it for the aoty

I heard someone did a thread on 2ch said the episode was very positive.

If it does get picks up from support animation studios like I.G., Sunrise, Madhouse and others it might do great things as TV series.

>have animator known for effects animation
>might as well use him to the fullest
There you have it

>some anons saying "it was OK"
>aoty

>anons

Kinema Citrus can handle a TV series on their own. I'd imagine the Japanese screening from a few days earlier had potential investors invited; this OVA really feels like a proof of concept.

Because they looked amazing I'm so glad there were so many

Didn't realize that those were reddit until just now.

>500 bucks
You'll still need another 99 USD to get your First Edition PS Triple.

Someone watched it ? How it was ?

Of course but they still need support I think Madhouse or Sunrise D.I.D who did Yamato 2199 OVA series could be involved in someway. If they are make this project successful they need helping hands to give this project a boost.

It's generally unremarkable, but the action is nice.

I didn't watch it, but based on the screencaps I've seen, well, you know, pic related.

Oh well, thank you

2ch goers loved it, the reaction was mid positive from those crazy nips.

>There she is! Open fire!
>She's wounded!
>Great! Shoot her anyway!

Because it is. Shortly after it got funded CIA pulled out over "Creative Differences" and Kinema Citrus hired a bunch of new staff and rewrote the script from a self contained OVA into a pilot episode because they want to find investors to bankroll a full season.

10 minutes of credits, animation during action scenes is good (thanks to actually having a good director ) but mediocre overall and definately not what should have been accomplished on the 40% ($200,000-300,000) they predicted to spend towards production of the anime itself and amount of time it was in production for just one episode, it doesn't explain really anything, and overall feels like the first episode of an average action anime, only with twice the QUALITY faces on everyone.

Seriously though, if this is what they can do with all that budget and production time I want a full season to see just how terrible it looks.

Tldr; anime is not saved. They also fell short on a lot of their promises too, not just story wise but on sound and video format as well.

It was average.

Disappointing if you consider the people working on it.

Honestly, tech being a fair bit more or less effective than it should be doesn't bother me too much.

We do have superhumans too, so whatever.

But of course everything is poorly explained. Really, this is obviously not meant to be a stand alone. They really primarily wanted to bait for a series of some sort.

>Thanks for the bit of info about the UN SF. So I suppose boys are all bad, and all good ones are girls.
The only obviously "bad" people so far are the girl's handlers that took their families and friends hostage and force them to fight.

The US soldiers being "bad" is certainly not a given, seeing how they actually evacuate civilians as much as possible before fighting the Pandora they apparently knew about. Hell, it was the standing orders and actual commands by the flowers' controller that escalated the situation.

Maybe the Pandora are bad, but that's also kinda ambiguous with that one dad apparently being scared prior to the raid, transforming only when threatened, and then dieing shielding his son.

Holy FUCK what the hell happened to the character design?
My fucking sides