Just finished this series. Definitely overrated imo, what do you think? Does it deserve the 9.1 it has on myanimelist?

Just finished this series. Definitely overrated imo, what do you think? Does it deserve the 9.1 it has on myanimelist?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/tripcode/!!vKeby4ZIHSI/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everything is overrated except the manga that I like.

>myanimelist

What was the deal with the "Good Vibrations" cult? I found them annoying whenever they showed up.

/thread

>myanimelist

Forced drama. Very overrated like everything the author does.

>Forced drama.
What?

read A lollipop or a Bullet

I'll admit he goes darker than necessary and it's pretty easy to see that the backlash he got from the tragedy tag caused him to be spiteful to his audience, but this isn't grotesque bullshit. It's about a mentally unhealthy person who fails at everything they do. The only thing I could say that drew me out of it was the cult side story that was going on. Besides that very few moments had me saying "I can't understand why this person would do this." They are all flawed and you know that going into it, the mistakes they make are like any other person. Is it overrated? Sure, anything held up as a golden standard of story telling is overrated because it's the Internet, but it's by no means comparable to the sea of mediocrity released on a weekly basis. This wrote a genuinely interesting and in-depth story that sticks with you long after the last chapter.

At least that's what I think.

>myanimelist
I do not understand how there is still people stupid enough to take their ratings seriously. It's a joke.

I find it difficult to claim that it goes too far or that some of the actions the characters do don't seem accurate because of the mentally ill angle every character has. Even though that's very convenient, I thought the characters were very thought out. After many volumes I found myself reading only for the stories of the side characters, and that I could care less about an edgy pussy teen who everyone seems to want to help for no reason.

I also thought the ending which was stretched over 3 volumes of something like 250 pages each was too drawn out although I read it over the course of 2 weeks which may be why I found the ending exhausting and boring

I like it.

Opinions aside, the user ratings are a general representation of how the community reacts. The 9.1 is the community rating not the myanimelist review

>It's a joke.
As is literally every single rating system led by a community.

I'm not sure? It had me thinking that punpun should have joined the cult since everyone who joined seemed to become better people, or maybe just crazy in a different way.

It's a convenient way to tie all the crazies together, like aikos mom and that poop kid

It deserve to be read, so even if it's overrated at least some more people will enjoy it because of that.

Op here,

I agree. It definitely is better than a lot of manga I've read so i think it deserves recognition. Maybe not as much as it gets but my guess is that the majority of people who read manga and post about it online are edge Lords who fantasize about killing people so this is right down their alley 9.1 perfect mango ever

>It definitely is better than a lot of manga I've read so i think it deserves recognition
I even like Punpun, but honestly from the way you post and act I doubt you've read enough manga for this to be any sort of decent metric. Please lurk more before posting again.

Metric? It's my opinion

I'm sure I haven't read as much as you since im not at the point where I'm grumpy enough to doubt other people but I've read quite a bit thank you

It's probably my favorite manga of all time, although I'm still butthurt about the ending. Sup Forums liked it during its run, too.

>MAL ratings
Why do you even care about that?

you are a huge faggot imo

I don't I brought it up for conversation

> I am so unable to have any opinion that I prefer to discuss useless rating instead of manga itself

Share it with your Facebook friends.

the Recommandations feature is great tho

But why? Everything in MAL tends to get a high rating, so using it is an awful metric when asking if something deserves its rating.

>just read Punpun
>imo
>myanimelist
Fuck off and kill yourself.

>Does it deserve the 9.1 it has on myanimelist?
Probably not, but that's entirely subjective. I still think it's a very good manga, but unfortunately not everyone has the empathy, or personal experiences to be able to relate to the MC.

>myanimelist

What's the name?

Hello Beepbeep

Read the thread

Christ I thought we could discuss why it has such a high rating

Oyakodon Fun Fun

So virtues of a piece of art should be discarded when they are not “universally” understood? It's an obvious slippery slope to a complete degradation.

Yeah. FMA lBrotherhood being #1 made me realize it's meaningless.

Pyramid Punpun a best.
He's baiting you, it's called Ohayogozaimasu, BeepBeep.

Boku no Punpun

Lurk more, you retarded newfag. You shouldn't post in your first twoy

Ohayou Penpen

Why would anyone care about the collective opinion of MALtards?

Fuck off unless your want to contribute

Do you have zero reading comprehension?

Wouldn't it make more sense to discuss meaningless MAL ratings on MAL?

Sasuga Annosan… Wait, wrong thread.

Never respond to my posts again.

Lurk for ten years before posting.

Alright cunt don't post again

>responding to me
What the fuck did I just tell you?

Looks like you have some butthurt mal users in your thread op

>they called MAL retarded so they're MAL users
What?

Say that to my face irl and see what I do

No, what I meant is the reason why a lot of people unfortunately can't appreciate is because Punpun's behavior and reasoning is completely alien to them
Basically I was saying that, outside MAL at least, it's actually underrated.

Then you should have found a website where you were used to the culture and that would accept that kind of discussion. In other words, fuck off to MAL and don't come back to Sup Forums.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Good lord does it really bother you that much?

Let me rephrase. What's the point of *average* opinion of groups of people who can read, people who can't read, people who like tobacco, people who drink milk in the morning, etc.?

First day here?

Bruges is a shithole.

No one likes a cancerous newfag. Not him, not me, and not most of Sup Forums, either. Kill yourself.

>le myanimelist is bad meme
Bitch, you're posting on the most hated website on the English internet. How fucking stupid are you?

yeah punpun is pretty good, i'm glad i discovered it here

Not as much as this thread. Good job, OP.

MAL is fine if you want to keep tabs on what you've read/watched, I would avoid interacting with the community though

Not my fault everyone is retarded. Maybe I'll wait until they're asleep and remake the thread

MAL audience was horrible before equally horrible Reddit audience made *le* widespread. You should remove these decorations and write it properly:
> myanimelist is bad

>everyone else is retarded, I'm the smart one!
You might want to get some self-awareness.

>they're asleep
You don't seriously think that people who dislike MAL are going to disappear at night, do you?

> the whole world has the same time of day
US education, everyone.

Yeah, no shit. You expect people to keep a fucking Word document on anime? It's just an elegant solution.

No they won't go away but the kiddies who sperg over the fact that it exists will be sleeping

The majority of a is located in the us

I hate to tell you this, but at night you'll just get even more shitposting and probably spam. There's no menace of kids coming after your thread, you'e just blatantly new and a low-quality poster, which attracts ire from 99% of Sup Forums.

>the majority of a
>a
I think it's time for everyone to direct their attention to the last few digits of my post.

LoN, the biggest tripfag here, would disagree.

I post threads almost every day and they work out just fine.

Calling a site that is so normalfag-oriented that it mimics Facebook design, and so horrible it has been used as a common name for years an “elegant solution” shows how limited your knowledge is.

>LoN, the biggest tripfag here
What. He's practically nonexistent at this point outside of Bleach threads. I doubt 90% of Sup Forums knows who he is right now.

>a
Kill yourself.

Name a more prominent trip.

US exceptionalism, everyone.

So what's your solution for tracking your anime watching?

Lelouch. That was fucking easy.

Show me a screencap. I have never seen this in my life.

Why would you take a rating created by man children, pretentious college students and literal underage children seriously

>a
>I post threads almost every day and they work out just fine.
I'm a little afraid to ask which threads you've been making.

I want to tattoo that face onto the head of my dick. That way I can go up to catholic school girls and ask them if they want to talk about God then whip my dick out at them.

Is this a fucking joke? I'm going to have to assume you spend all your time in Bleach generals or something if you're serious, because there's no other way you could not know who fucking Lelouch is while thinking that a literally who like LoN was prominent.
Here - desuarchive.org/a/search/tripcode/!!vKeby4ZIHSI/ , behold one of the many tripfags who actually posts in more than one thread.

I was afraid that you are smarter than you seem to be, but the exact phrasing of your question has just gave me a checkmate opportunity.

AniDB exists.

2/10 but at least you tried.

I'll admit I mostly read Bleach threads here, but I've never seen this 'Lelouch'. Is he still active?

And before he even asks, I'll just chime in that anyone using MAL for manga is an idiot.

I don't seem to understand. I was talking about my dick not trolling. A shame you seemed an honest man.

Thank you.

still mad desu

> I'll admit I mostly read Bleach threads here
Then don't try to fucking talk about prominent tripfags. In fact, you should probably not be here at all. Exclusive-generalfags are absolute cancer.

Yes, Lelouch posts like several dozen times a day and has done so for the last six or seven years, you faggot.

Discussion of MAL ratings has turned into discussion of tripfags. What's going to make this thread even shittier next?

>not trolling
If I thought you were trolling I'd have rated you out of 8. I was rating your comedy. It was pretty mediocre.

Calm down, bitch. I don't do generals, I just like the wild ride that I've been reading since my teenage years.

> Error: You cannot delete a post this old.

fuck