Grade A casting desu famiglia

Grade A casting desu famiglia

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookresources.com/article/death-note-movie-adds-willem-dafoe-as-shinigami
youtube.com/watch?v=VDowtcyVHCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If it's got to be dubbed, there's not many voices they could have picked that would be better than DaFoe for Ryuk. I'll applaud it.

Live action. Set in America. L is played by a black guy.

At least he isn't black

It;s really not that far from Green Goblin. ugly-maskface guy who likes causing chaos and flies around cackling

None of which are voiced-over. My point stands. Had they gotten Miles Teller or Justin Bieber to voice Ryuk, I'd be bitching.

There is literally no other better choice for him

I quite like Dafoe. He was brilliant as a creepy cunt in the Grand Budapest Hotel.

really good casting

now if only they could cast L correctly

>now if only they could cast L correctly
I really want to believe that the guy they cast is going to be the fake L, but I know it's not happening.

i'm wracking my brain for spiderman quotes but i'm too excited.

> comicbookresources.com/article/death-note-movie-adds-willem-dafoe-as-shinigami
> Nat Wolff as Light Turner
> Turner
> Keith Stanfield as L

Uh, okay.

TOGETHER WE COULD RULE THIS CITY SPIDERMAN OR WE CAN FIGHT TO THE DEATH

>Light Turner
I wonder where they got the idea for "Turner" for his last name?

>see the thumbnail
>it's not Jim Carrey

Nah.

Light is an average teen that no one understands.

They finally got one casting right.

OUT, AM I?

I'd still rather have Brian Drummond reprise but Willem Dafoe is legit one of the best non Drummond actors they could have cast.

I may watch the remake for Dafoe.

>Light Turner
JOSH 2.0

why do they have to mention spider-man like that was his best role?

But one day he finds a magical book that changes everything.

THE ITSY BITSY SPIDER WENT UP THE WATER SPOUT
DOWN CAME THE GOBLIN AND ATE HIS ASSHOLE OUT

That is pretty good casting honestly. Too bad the rest of it will be shit.

I don't think that's how it goes

Did he eat his pussy out?

How did raimi get away with this one, jesus

>BACK TO FORMULA
>I'LL SHOW YOU A FORMULA YOU JEW BASTARD
How did Raimi think this was okay

Thanks for reminding me this abominatin exists.

IMPRESSIVE

Hopefully this since it showed a public place, but I don't think L's race matters much.
Wasn't the nerd from England? As long as the mannerisms are down, which the pictures of him making a public appearance kinda say otherwise, his race wouldn't matter. L's just a smart, lazy hunchback with homolust for Light and is willing to be competitive over human chess with a faceless killer.

>L is played by a black guy.
Isn't L like a mixture of Japanese, American and British or some shit like that?
I mean why? If you are going the PC route at least cast an asian guy.

These are the same people complaining about Ghost in the Shell having Scarlett Johansson as the lead. American shows are going to have American actors and guess what? Black people live in America. I know it's hard to take in and you wish it were different, but that's exactly why no one cares for your opinion.

>L is black
Ok but what if

THE HEART KIRA, FIRST WE GO AFTER THEIR HEARTS.

I don't care if hes black if he fits the character, making dumb changes for the sake pc cancer is retarded.
I want to see an adaption of a manga I like not heres Black lives matter note.

I would be pissed if they replaced a black dude with a white guy.

WE

>Raimi later admitted that roughly 50 hours of footage was filmed of Dafoe's performance as Norman Osborn, with barely 1% of this making the final cut.'We just had reels and reels of it,' the director said, 'I would say cut, but he would just keep going deeper and darker, bringing all of these ideas into it that weren't in the script. For example, a sub plot of Norman's father being an SS officer, or the idea that the Goblin transformation represented Nietzsche's Ubermensch. So after I while, I stopped saying 'cut'.' Other actors recalled Dafoe's usage of multiple props to aid his performance that he brought himself, presumably from his own home. 'He had this large green dildo he loved to wave about,' Tobey Maguire remembers, 'sometimes he would bring it out of nowhere and slap me across the face with it. During fight scenes when we were grappling on the ground he would tease it around my 'beautiful asshole', as he called it.' James Franco also recalled him having 'this large, antique bullwhip... we asked where he got it from, and he would only say that it was a family heirloom. Some prop guys on set said it must have been from at least the 1800s. ON a few occasions when I fucked up my lines, he would threaten me with it, telling me to give him an excuse 'to pay out like old Buck Dafoe did to the little negro boys'. Another actor from the film, who requested she remained private, said Dafoe always had a copy of the Quran lying around on set, and some PAs caught him 'pouring over it repeatedly' in his trailer.
Can they rein him in?

Dafoe could be a good joker.

Fake as fuck

Back to formula?

Finally I can post it

Who would be misa misa

Some Disney slut.

will the movie be as good as the musical
youtube.com/watch?v=VDowtcyVHCI

Ya think?

>Black lives matter note.
>The names of melanin enriched humans written down in this notebook will matter.
KAIOKEK.jpeg

It's not like their readers would know him for anything else

>Light Turner
He be wishin for a death note

to kill errybody walkin

you know that his soul in the furnace

>IT'S YOU WHO'S IN, RYUK!
>SH-IN-IGAMI

WUZ

>spiderman
>not Speed 2

Asians aren't PC enough.

FINISH IT

God, why is David Cage the biggest hack?

From what I'm aware of, they're not going for a 1:1 adaptation of DN. It's gonna be a straight up Americanized version of it.

CAGED SOULS

He's an alien that lives in a soundstage and has never actually interacted with a human in a meaningful way

I'm actually not against that.

Remember, this version won't make the anime/manga disappear.

The only cool thing about this project.

Yeah, you're right. I'll still watch it just to see how they're going to fuck it up.

JIMMY NEUTRON HOLDING A CAMERA

I don't even like Death Note that much but this is just retarded. L was a pale unkempt fuck with weird habits. I genuinely don't think it's possible for a black guy to give off the same vibe as L unless he's an entirely different character. Which is probably the case

That is actually pretty good, but not even him will save this abortion of a movie.

He could have massive dreadlocks, Completely clean face and keep the eye bags.
At this point, he would kinda look like a tumblr redraw but it's what we got.

LIGHT, DON'T TELL NEAR

I hope they actually do motion capture of his face too.

Yeah he can, but he'd come off as a crack addict.

I'll withhold my judgment until i actually see it, but the english dub VA for Ryuk in the anime was pretty awesome already.

Light should have been the black guy so it would make more sense for the cops to shoot him at the end.

Reminder that the more shit like this becomes popular and accepted in the west the closer we come to anime becoming a global phenomenon and losing the influence of the isolated social outcast subculture that produced it in the first place and made it something that a lot of us liked in the first place.

>be Light Yagami
>think in a way to broke L
>kill General Sanders

>Light Yagami
I believe you mean Light Turner

>Sup Forumstards go wild

REEEE ITS NOT FAIR WHY DO BLACK PEOPLE GET TO PLAY AS ASIAN ANIME CHARACTERS IT SHOULD BE WHITES NONONO ITS NOT FAIR PLEASE HITLER WAS RIGHT

Which is funny because everyone is too busy getting mad about white guys playing white characters near Asians.
But y'know Sup Forums.

Can't wait for live-action Girls und Panzer

Featuring a diverse and hilarious cast of strong middle aged woman comedians

Yeah but L already looks like one, user.

I just hope they keep the fact that he likes sweet's in this version, if not i'll just have to write some name's down. :)

We know L's genetics though. You should get as close as possible.
If L had been black originally and then an Asian played him, would you be bitching?

Where do you think we are?

If they say Shinigami with a fucking white man and Murika as the location I am going to shit on the directors' grave and call him a fucking weaboo.

Sup Forums obviously. The one place where people will rightfully so call out tumblrites on their race baiting bullshit.

In CGI tanks modelled on film-use replicas built on other tanks.

>Crazy detective looks like a black hobo with a crack addiction.
I wonder what could get wrong?

Jesus. Is this the originat Batfleck?

So wait does every board just think they're the last bastion against the tumblr hoards?

Sup Forums is tumblr.

The only true winning move is not to play at all.

Is there a board that doesn't think that?

Depends, how many boards have a lolicon population this large? Sup Forums - abnormal should really stay that way.

>Tumblrites
>Race baiting

Call out, I think a better word to use is "Complain".

Seem's like it, it's funny too, almost everyone on the internet thinks that "SJW'S" are some evil force while in reality their just people with opinions that they don't agree with.

Crazy to think I know.

Care to explain why in detail why you fell that way.

True, but sadly everyone on every board on Sup Forums must fight because I don't know.

Kikes.
Because a faithful adaptation with Asian characters wouldn't have been "diverse" enough.

Have you ever been to Sup Forums?
It's a dump, and not even in a funny way

>implying Tumblrites aren't racebaiting

Why are you here?
You clearly don't belong.

Played by Samuel L Jackson?

You could thank Goku for that.

If only meme magic had worked

>the influence of the isolated social outcast subculture that produced it in the first place and made it something that a lot of us liked in the first place.
I wasn't aware otaku pandering was the birth of anime
I always thought that came about later. Hmm, but what do I know.

I think Christopher Walken would have been a nice one too, but good choice I guess