Is Hellsing a prime example of edge done right?

Is Hellsing a prime example of edge done right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQuFRisRPQg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

Not really, Anderson was a significantly more charismatic and entertaining villain without just being evil for evil's sake. The Major's speeches got really tedious.

Funny because the old anime was chill as fuck.

reminder that major is mangaka's self-insert

I didn't like it desu. I felt like they just went too far with Robot-nazi-vampires and shit.

They did get a bit tedious but I really liked the Major as a villain.

>tfw i will never go back to the days of downloading hellsing scans on 56.6k modem at a friend's house while simultaneously trying to explain to him what "mango" is

Never watched it but it diverges from the manga after the Valentine brothers fight, I heard?

Hellsing it's a parody of itself. The Millenium arc it's weird but somehow serious and realistic while the war becomes a black humor horror film.

I fucking loved his long speech. It was so fucking over the top.

it doesn't respect anything. Even before the Valentine brothers it's full of fillers and OCs, and the few scene that are somehow adapted are done terribly. The whole shit is complete shit.

>diverges
that's a funny way of spelling "turns to shit"

I watched the original years ago but I haven't watched Ultimate. But from what I remember, yeah, the edge was okay in that Hellsing.

I like Hirano's style, he really knows how to write entertaining straight faced over the top silliness.

Fuck you, 6-12 minutes to download new chapter of Hellsing wasn't fucking fun at all.

it diverges in the sense of being mediocre at best and not worth watching.

> got the volumes in physical version and enjoyed reading the whole thing in top quality

Fuck yeah.

Allright, I'll stay away from it. I watched Hellsing Ultimate years after I had read the manga and I must say it was amazing. And I have a huge bias against anime based on manga.

Just shill his speech on youtube already pls

its good till that point but id say its worth it for the music

> his master got taken care of offscreen

Hirano really went from terrible luck to pure miracle with his adaptations, after that shitty Anime he got the best possibility ever, a series of OAV,s, and made that people that loved his work, and now are again adapting his other manga like bosses.
Meanwhile this lazy ass releases now 10 pages per months with 2-3 of them that are drawn in his comedic style.

Download the OST though, it's great.

I liked it.

I'd argue that reading shitty magazine raws alongside quick translation in text form back in the day is something one should go through.

Nobody ever seems to ever mention it, but the thing that made me the most mad about this Anime is how they made Anderson into a literal coward bitch in the second fight.

Eh, I feel like it could have been shorter

If anything, listen to the OST. God himself composed it after all.

I don't remember the 2nd fight

Did he ever finish The Dawn story?

Really? I feel it being 10 volumes it's perfect, it never gets boring and everything is wrapped up nicely.

How is Drifters? Is it worth getting into if I love Hellsing?

Used to have the OP as a ringtone on my SonyEricsson T290i
OST really is the only redeeming factor of vanilla hellsing
Never really got around to watching OVAs because it took them like 10 fucking years to release those

Good for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=UQuFRisRPQg
Take in account that also the last fucking fight of Anderson in the Anime.

oh god what the fuck is up with that irish accent on anderson lol

Go for it, it's a lot of fun. Definitely would recommend.

> Kept the meeting with Maxwell, where he was supposed to give them informations about the Nazi
> but since there are no Nazi Maxwell just comes to shit talk them, and without Anderson to protect him at that even though he's in front of Alucard

These fuckers literally didn't do anything right, most scenes are OCs fillers, and the few parts kept doesn't make any sense any more.

>hellsing
>done right

>I just looked up Hirano's face
Holy kek

he's actually obsessed with weapons, war regalia etc

Would the Major count as edgy?
He was, without a doubt, a psychopath and the story never tried to present him as anything like that.
The story never tried to make him especially cool, or hardcore in any juvenile way.

Same with pretty much every other character in Hellsing, as the story never tries to justify any of their actions.

Yeah...I don't know what the fuck happened in the anime. It was a vampire from Africa? But there were still nazis? At least the soundtrack was GOAT

To me edgy is a derogatory term which refers to a story that tries to portray violence as cool in a childish or cheap way. So no, I don't think Hellsing it's edgy,

Didn't Anderson get his arms chopped off and just ran at Alucard with a knife in his mouth?

of course
then again the word edgy has been used a lot to denigrate a lot of media that is actually good because "muh being coldhearted is bad and easy writing"

The Major wasn't "edge" done right, he was "goalless villain" done right.

Also, Anderson a best.