Every thread discussing Re:Zero has almost everyone complains that Subaru is doing it wrong...

Every thread discussing Re:Zero has almost everyone complains that Subaru is doing it wrong. The problem with their complaints is that they approach in a carefully planned internet autist fashion.

>oh just kill yourself over and over
>train and study literally every thing
>complete each arc perfectly

Even if you were suddenly dragged into this world knowing the mechanics of Death by Return, even that it's infinite, it still would not be this simple. To be able to die or kill yourself over and over to perfect the timelime or force yourself to study/train forever or to rape, kill, steal, etc your way to a selfish life would transform you into a completely different person. It's doubtable you could keep it up forever, and simply saying you can doesn't mean you can.

No but at least it would be simple to not be such a fucking sperg when peoples lives are on the line

>another thread

Sperg at what points?

If we're talking on the first day, that's to be expected considering he was a shut in autist put into this world.

If we're talking about the knights and his mock battle, yea that was bad but it was because the constant dying and returning had broken him and gave him such an ego. Everyone "owed" him because of his efforts, but of course he's the only one who knows what he went through.

The sperging of the last couple of episodes was him breaking down because stopping the witch cultists seems impossible. The ending of the last episode mostly fixed him though.

Sup Forums as usual is too stupid to envision themselves in another person's shoes. Hence why so many of these brain surgeons are friendless losers who can't understand normal social interactions.

Subaru is how a person would react if he was transported into another world if he was a typical Sup Forums user but they are so disgusted with themselves they hate the results.

Basically. The only difference I can see between the typical Sup Forums user and Subaru is that the typical Sup Forums user might be more willing to give up and run away.

He chose the trashiest shitiest half elf ever created. I hope he burns in a thousand pits of hell.

Good job to Subaru for growing a foot taller.

>would transform you into a completely different person
no

Where are all the alternate universes? Are they included in the light novel series, the short story series, or somewhere else?

Who gives a shit, it's not real. Subaru is fictional, he acts how the writer wants him to act. People can hate him all they want, it doesn't make a difference. You don't know how any given real person would act in a fictional universe and they don't know either.

She liked him from day one, healed him and died with him, in all of the realities she's kind and easygoing. While rem wanted to kill him in a lot of occasions.
And now Sup Forums is butthurt because why you no love our sex fantasy of a maid dressed demon.

>I'm genuinely autistic and all scientific research of PTSD, depression, and emotional negativity is a lie.

Subaru did pretty much everything okay until he fucked everything by making an ass of himself in front of those knights and everyone.
If he just stayed home with rem like Emillia asked him to then he would have just been chillin with his elf waifu now and everything would be fine.
Emillia would have had the clown with her that whole time so her dying wasn't even a big possibility. Subaru is just plain cringy and also dumb.

I think you can draw the parallel with migration or people being dropped in unfamiliar places
So generally when someone is dropped into an unfamiliar or hostile environment with no help they'll try their best to survive and fit in.
So it actually wouldn't be much of a stretch that the MC should act much less spergy and he probably would try to learn magic and swordsmanship.
In fact the portrayal in Re:Zero is highly unusual, acting like an upbeat weirdo and unloading on people who in reality are mostly strangers or merely acquaintances.

he breaks too easily
fucking millenials

PTSD is not a real disease, in fact it's a terminology used for a variety of undiagnosed disorders
you have shellshock or some diseases related to chemical disorders due to experimentation in the 60's
the rest of problems with veterans is mostly readjusting to civilian life, which deals with depression and has nothing to do with seeing the horrors of war
the best case you could make is adrenaline dependence or chemical imbalance due to this, but it doesn't result in the massive spergouts you see in Re:Zero

>I green meme because I'm an assblasted retard who can't articulate a point
If those things mattered, I could say Subaru should be a much bigger wreck than he is at present because of all the shit he's gone through. But I'm not going to play pretend because it's a fantasy cartoon and I'm not full of shit up to my eyeballs over it like you are.

Nailed it, there's such a thing as tunnel vision due to the tension of a situation. Apparently Sup Forums considers them self to be able to solve time puzzles while the pain of death approaches them at the end of every weak.

I guarantee that if you sliced a bit of meat from an user they would turn into a hawling sack of shit by the 5th one.

They wouldn't be able to compound the intensity of pain before death, hell most would probably believe they wouldn't be phased if an arm was chopped off due to adrenaline.

Seeing the posts shitting on Subaru made me realize that there are a lot of Coldsteels in Sup Forums.

You have a point, which is my point. Subaru is his own faggot. Not even all NEET or otaku or losers are the same; some people could do better than him, others could do worse. People can also react to situations differently.

People trying to generalize, project or harp about how 'realistic' he is in poor attempts to defend him aren't much better than people fantasizing their own behavior, just pretentious.

>I guarantee that if you sliced a bit of meat from an user they would turn into a hawling sack of shit by the 5th one.
the problem is the show tries to portray itself as a shonen with more serious tone, but it fails miserably at this because its main character is at best an average guy and at worst a whiny loser
This might work in a series which makes a point of exploring the psychology of someone who keeps failing, but it doesn't do this or does it badly so in the end you're left with an unrelatable, uninspiring MC.
Subaru probably has less of a mental constitution than a 6 year old girl.
I would bet that the majority of people in his situation would do a better job or be less of a crybaby.
Even the worst crybabies adapt even a little to their situation. This could be an agent for growth, but no Suzuki Yamaha just keeps getting more and more useless as episodes go by.
If that's your thing and seeing the MC fail more every time is fun then I guess I'm just oblivious to some segment of the anime market.

Subaru is a Sup Forums-/r9k/ tier loser. It's no wonder he attracts so many normalfags.

You're completely off the mark, Subaru's biggest problem is that he isn't trying to die better. He's just got to get into the habit of doing it quickly, painlessly, and mechanically, rather than always letting it creep up on him every single time. Hence, he's a moron.

how so

>Sup Forums-/r9k/ tier loser
>attracts so many normalfags
I can't keep with these memes anymore

Beatrice should know a couple of suicide spells that are painless, really. Subaru is completely useless.

He got a bit stretched by Betelgeuse.

>Sup Forums and /r9k/
>not normalfag centrals
You must be one of them. I'm not surprised.

But being a complete sperg is what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

Aren't normalfags the opposite of losers?. You aren't making any sense.

actually the turbocharged AWD 4 cylinder engine and it's timeless unmistakable design is what makes a Subaru a Subaru

Yup. The series isn't called "starting in another world from zero" it's called "re: starting in another world from zero."

It's about the concept of the isekei, it's a response to it.

That still makes it a pure isekei, and anyone who doesn't like them won't find anything here to change their minds, but it's at least in part a commentary on the fantasy.

He values his life, he doesn't want to die. I would be willing to die but only because I would chose the easy ways instead of dealing with my mistakes. He just should learn everything about that world to be prepared to face the next threat.

I thought episode 18 had really good and realistic monologue, the anime is almost like some metaphor of what happens when NEETs have to leave what is actually a luxury and are forced to integrate into the real working world

its almost like a cautionary tale for NEET

what do you guys think?

I think you're full of shit
Log Horizon already did that much better if that's what Re:Zero is trying.

Subaru is a stupid fucking sperg, that's the point. Holy fuck, you guys are like teenage girls on tumblr who can only emotionally react to things in a show and not actually try to understand it.

They'll always say shit like "WAH FUCK THE WRITERS THIS SHOW IS SHIT" if a character dies, without considering whether or not it contributes to the plot or tells a message, or was well done in some way. You guys are the same, bitching about characters actions without trying to understand why. Re:zero is definitely flawed of course, but it's still pretty well written.

Of course a neet will be a complete sperg, and it's probably subaru also has legitimate autism. There may be things about his character that are unpleasant, but he is by no means unrealistic.

Don't start giving the shit about how he's like Sup Forums, or /r9k/, or some site no one here actually knows shit about. Regardless of the sub-cultural differences, people are more or less in their reactions and behaviors to most things, especially death and extreme suffering.

As far as his personality goes, subaru really isn't that bad. Many people would react far worse. I bet any of you would have given up and wanted to run away far sooner, and you definitely wouldn't have changed your mind about it.

I want to throw all you faggots into the same experiences just so you can see how fucking retarded what you said about this really was. I'm sure one or two of you is some kind of macho, edgy guy who can put up with it for longer than others, but your actions don't apply to the majority of people.

The fact is that mostly all (including yourself) would run away from that situation. You can say you would do this or that, MC is a retard, etc., but in reality you would flee.

To quote Tommy Hearns; "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

>but in reality you would flee
thanks for projecting
>To quote Tommy Hearns; "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."
thanks for misquoting Hearns, what he meant is that planning for a fight doesn't usually hold up

It's hard to judge how much of an idiot he is without knowing whether witch magic is fucking with his senses or not. And we don't know anything about Subaru pre-abduction, so it's impossible to say whether he's being influenced or not unless we're told outright at some point.

>I can green text :)

Normalfags are faggots who shove normalcy down your throat

Normal people who aren't losers have hobbies and better things to do, like shitposting through Mongolian moving picture mailing facilities

Subaru is a fucking NEET that thinks he is in a chuuni fantasy, he's powerless and weak, he needs to man up and move his ass instead of waiting for a power up because he got mad.

Projecting? Hardly. You might think you're some kind of bad ass user, but you're not. Set your ego aside.

Also, the quote is accurate. Don't try to twist things and tell me "what he meant."

I don't get it why you hate normal functioning members of society. They can like anime as well you fat weeb.

I actually agree. The show is more like a response to all the all the readers who liked isekai that depicts how easy the MCs have it in a parallel world. made a good point regarding the title in how it's actually a reply to isekai.

>I don't get it why you hate normal functioning members of society
Fags that think SAO or SnK are the best anime ever? I wonder.

Agreed.

>he doesn't know why

I don't even like this series and I agree that the "Why doesn't he kill himself" crowd are being goofballs.

>Don't try to twist things and tell me "what he meant."
actually now I see the quote is from Tyson, he was talking about the unpredictability of a fight in response to someone asking him about strategy for a match

>trying to die better.

>I hate people who like the shows I don't like
Yeah, I do wonder.

>character goes into self loathing mode but it's too late to pity him because you hate him so much
this is why kaiji, nge, and nhk have better loser characters.

/thread

Huh? Kaiji failed in everything he did and had more debt increased on his ass.

Shinji had a mental breakdown and caused the end of the world.

Nhk was in starvation mode and was forced to a get a job.

Subaru took a hard look at himself, nit picked everything and then came to conclusion he was a loser and got a reality shake up to set him right. Subaru is a better character than those losers because he has better character development.

>Subaru is a better character than those losers because he has better character development.
>being this much of an idiot

He does make a very good point, I just assumed Re:Zero just meant REstart from Zero! Thank you for pointing it out user. I cant wait to see how this anime progresses.

Just because you're wrong doesn't mean I'm baiting.

>Subaru took a hard look at himself, nit picked everything and then came to conclusion he was a loser
Wrong, he knew those things and was playing pretend the entire time. He didn't do shit in that episode but pity himself and then have Rem pick his ass up. Truly slothful

>doesn't mean I'm baiting
So you are one of those over excited weaboos that think SAO is the best thing ever just because it has games and a Gary Stue MC who bangs all the girls? Off yourself then. You are the cancer that is killing the industry.

He's been going through each arc pretty damn well. That's not the problem at all.

It's that he's still inexplicably desperate for worst girl.

No, of course SAO is trash you over projecting retard. Just because I'm right about you being a dipshit who hates people for liking shows you don't doesn't mean I'm baiting.

>Aren't normalfags the opposite of losers?
No. It doesn't make sense to you because you are one. Fuck off.

>who hates people for liking shows you don't doesn't mean I'm baiting.
You have to baiting or be a fucking moron, you asked why no one here wants normalfags, well I already answered you. We don't need any SAO thread, SnK threads are a shitposter fest, same with DB threads.

I actually loved it. It felt like a deconstruction of the reincarnation craze that's been going on. Basically a hard slap in the face to all the Sup Forumsnons who have been consuming that trash.

>make an anime to make a point about a genre being shit
>that anime is shit
wew

I don't complain about realism, I complain about entertainment value. Shit's not fun and it's not "so bad it's good trainwreck" either.
But than again I never understood why would people watch Tomoko being Tomoko.
Is the idea of "haha I'm probably less retarded than mc here rite guise" really enough to get attention of pathetic losers?

Subaru internet defense force please fuck off.

And yet you're worse than all of them.

>my ptsd, depression, and emotional negativity only comes out the most convenient of times and is literally nonexistent at other times

>genre is shit because it does X
>show explicitly doesn't do X despite being of that genre

That's part of what makes Re:Zero so good.

yes just like a turd on a bench is art

WHEN'S REINHARD COMING BACK?

burusu is doing is wrong because he's too retarded to realize he can still pretend he's a precog without sounding like crazy

in addition, it would be easy to find a cyanide-like poison on a magical world. so he -could- die completely painlessly in case of major fuck up instead needlessly extending bad ends.

and no, killing yourself over the smallest detail is retarded because no human being has the patience to relive the same days over nor would they withstand being filled with memories they will soon be unable to discern whether or not they are from erased timelines. In fact they make a good point of burusu freaking out when he had to re do the same 4 days five times.

That doesn't follow along with the analogy at all. At least try.

Says the user who defended them.

it does
>Re:Zero is a shit anime making a comment about an anime genre
>a turd on a bench is a piece of "art" trying to make a commentary on art

A perfect run is impossible because no one knows what triggers a new checkpoint, it might just be time or maybe a new threat to Emilia appearing but the connection is to loose, his third checkpoint is a month after the dogs attacked.

>I can see the fu-URGH okay never mind I just know okay?

Wait, he can't even lie about his powers?

Implying that is even remotely a good argument, considering that I never actually defended them. All I ever did was call you an even bigger fuckhead than them.

he already talked about future events

he can't say how he know knows it, but can lie.

given that there's magic, you can easily bullshit your way into being a precog or being blessed with super intuition or something

>considering that I never actually defended them
>don't get it why you hate normal functioning members of society.
Also I'm not the user you were talking to.

There is almost no difference between him saying "I just know alright?" and "I just know cause of magic alright?"
What makes you think that anyone will believe him more just because he can say "Its magic I dont gotta explain shit"?

>>considering that I never actually defended them
It's true, go back and re-read it all. It only sounds defensive because I was insulting you, the party that was insulting them.

>the party that was insulting them
I called them normies and normalfags if that triggers you you should fuck off.

It's ok to admit you have a toddlers level in reading comprehension.

Here's a nice photo of rem

Is it? Subaru does a lot of embarrassing things with his poses and meme-spouting. Your average Sup Forumsnon is at least functional in public, but likely not as attractive or physically competent.

Look, moron, my replies started here Now read what I said above and think for a fucking second. And fuck off.

It was never about normalfags or SAO, senpai, it was only ever about how much of a joke you are to hate them for liking anime you don't like.

>it was only ever about how much of a joke you are to hate them for liking anime you don't like.
Ok, you are that stupid if you didn't get the point. Go to sleep and take your pills.

Jokes on you, I'm not going to do either of those things.