3D printed guns

>8 round plastic 3D printed revolvers are now available

youtube.com/watch?v=Qwb0xGut21Q

Will the left attempt to ban 3D printers soon, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

grabcad.com/library/pm522-washbear-jamesrpatrick-1
ballisticsbytheinch.com/22.html
google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/story/681252001/
youtu.be/Ufm3nYuHdhc?t=89
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8zC3-ZQFJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is good, they can’t do much to oppose this without becoming luddites. Thus destroying the narrative that they are the ones on the side of (((science))).

Look up Lysenkoism, their double think knows know bounds.

cool

Looks like a fucking nerf gun

>watch video
>"Australia's province of New South Wales, owning the files could land a person in prison for 14 years"

>having a 3d model of a gun on your computer is illegal
They'd make thinking about guns a punishable offense if they could.

grabcad.com/library/pm522-washbear-jamesrpatrick-1
For anyone interested

fires real bullets.

Wait, are the actual barrels made of plastic? It looks like a high-tech way to blow your fingers off. A Next-Saturday-Night-Special.

The whole world should be armed.

bringing freedom to europe the american way.
what a time to be alive.

Yes, arm the shitskins who make up ~90% of the worlds population.

No, you put in metal inserts. Even then if you're printing ABS I doubt you'll put many rounds through it before something breaks.
There are some good filaments on the market now that make 3D printed firearms more viable though.

Good for 2-3 uses.

3D printed guns only serve a purpose to neutralize your enemy to steal their real gun, duh.

Ah, kickass. Talk to me when whatever those materials are begin to approach widespread use in 3d printers. Or when the price on the Ghost Gunner that can produce semiautomatic handguns drops below $500.

You guys should read the Diamod Age from Neal Stephenson
Heroes end up fighting a guy developing a "seed" able to create anything, including a nuclear weapon

>plastic guns

Just built an 80 percent lowerAR you school girls

Hey, for folks that need to fight tyranny and don't have any firearms, this is better than nothing. Might not be good for fighting off an army, but it'll do for assassinating communists/corrupt officials.

do you have to make an account?

Lol at both how bad 3d printing is and how bad that gun is, where every principle that makes a gun accurate and useful was removed in order to game the low material strength of the pancaked plastic layers

AESTHETIC

Can;t wait to own swag spaceguns like this

In that case you're much better off making a couple zip guns in your garage.

You can't shoot an AR Lower though. Not without the rest of the firearm.
You can 3D print AR Lowers as well... so...

No, having a 3d model of a tested and designed gun that you can make from commercially available home-based 3d printing technology is illegal.

You're free to have as many models of quake guns and shit as you want.

>tfw buying a 3d and printing a gun is cheaper than buying a gun
I want off this ride

...No, officer, it's for a game.

You, uh, disassemble firearms. It's like World of Guns. Yeah.

*blows up in hand*

/thread

Hurry Mr paddock, print some more ammo

looks like fallouts 10mm

> the liberator gun of the 21st century

I'd rather build stens in my basement tho.

I can't wait to own the modified Glocksplosion they used in the newer Dredd film.

22LR without a barrel will be going around 500 fps, it's about as much force as a pellet gun.

Meanwhile any metal pipe from any home depot or lowes can be used to really fire shotgun shells out a 16 inch barrel.

Oh well that doesn't sound just as retarded when you put it that way user.

>Will the left attempt to ban

user... You can stop right there.

>desu eyes

That they might kill one another? Or do you imagine that dysfunctional societies will organize and go a conquering if you arm the populace?

How hard is it to get a manufacturing license to create firearms in the US? I am very competent in CAD, Fusion 360, and 3DS Max and am very interested in making my own firearms (which really would only fire .22, 9mm, and maybe .223) in semi auto. How difficult would this be to obtain, assuming I'm just average joe to the government?

If your making them for yourself you should be fine. Just be sure to follow any and all firearm laws at the federal, state, and local levels. There are plenty of sites that can steer you in the right direction.

>b-bu-but the shitskins will have guns
Worst fucking argument ever, kys

>DOUBLE WHAMMEY!
>"douuuble whammmeeey"
>BOOM!

>very competent in CAD, Fusion 360, and 3DS Max
what the fuck does that have to do with engineering, ballistics, or pyrotechnics?
I suspect you are a (self) glorified high tech cartoonist

in most countries with strict firearms regulations access to ammo would be bigger problem than making a gun.
The simplest gun is basically a piece of pipe.
Creating durable casings, filling them with appropriate amount of appropriate purity and grain homemade propellant, and fixing (possibly home made primer) is much bigger work.
I guess if you want to have than a single shot zip gun then some black-powder caseless six-killer version would be the best to pursue.
Black powder is not so hard to self manufacture or get from pyrotechnics, you can get primers from pyrotechnics and poring lead is not very complicated. No casings needed.
Or a shotty design using plastic or carton cartridges.
Hand guns and rifles using metal cartridges would be no good use as home producing ammo for these would be much more difficult

still blowing your fingers off seems to be a real question when using homemade firearms with homemade ammuniton

This is an anecdotal guess at best, it's much more difficult to get firearms than ammunition here.

Nail gun blanks

>Hand guns and rifles using metal cartridges would be no good use as home producing ammo for these would be much more difficult
It's extremely easy. Google "reloading"

>still blowing your fingers off seems to be a real question when using homemade firearms with homemade ammuniton

As long as there's a metal pipe there, and you don't block the firing end, there's virtually no risk of this.

Pipe shotguns are so simple and effective there's virtually no fucking it up.

.22lr fired from tiny gimmick sized NAA revolvers will still kill you dead. A 1 1/8 nub is all it takes.

Being a firearm manufacturer or dealer isn't that hard, plenty of books on it. If you go to school for gunsmithing part of the curriculum is focused entirely on SOT paperwork and various other ATF faggotry.
There are hundreds of manufacturing machine shops across the US. Pretty much anyone with a clean criminal record can do it.

REloading
you have to have the casings first hand
durable, correct dimensioned casings would be something harder to manufacture than attaching a piece of pipe to stock

good idea

though as i said there are many designs that could be made that would use no casings or soft casings.
just that i guess most semi-auto designs would not work in these cases

It would have to be a square headshot or your throat. It has about an inch penetration in ballistics gel.

The point is, you can get 1400fps out of a 22lr with a normal barrel, but plastic cannot contain the explosive force without shattering. These printable guns are all the same, they have no barrel and just hold the bullet in place for a hammer. You might as well drill a hole in a mouse trap and dimple the striker and just use that.

A drop to 500ish fps is no joke. It doesn't even have an inch of ballistics gel penetration. It is actually pretty damn close to nonlethal at around 1/3 it's regular energy. At this energy, whisper pellet guns are more powerful, longer range, and more accurate. Most Co2 guns are all that and faster firing.

Printable guns are clearly not a new threat. They are too weak and there are too many cheaper and supperior alternatives.

500 fps? Bullshit.
Did you see the length of the cylinder? Those are pistol barrel length.
ballisticsbytheinch.com/22.html

You can buy the cases separately. Worst case scenario you'd have to send them through some proxy mail services.

So why not a promtable gun woth a metal barrel?

Excuse my ignorance as I'm no gunsmith, but wouldn't a piece of extruded tube bar work as a functional barrel?

This is assuming you can't het hold of a rifling tool.

>It has about an inch penetration in ballistics gel.

Brassfetcher, various other tests, and a mountain of corpses say otherwise. .22lr is a relatively high pressure cartridge, it burns quick.
Don't talk out of your ass.

do you think that buying the casings would not be handled the same as buying live ammunitions in a strict nogunz country like australia where having schematics for a gun on your computer can land you in jail for 14 years?

best I could say that they would be a bit easier to hide and smuggle

Australia isn't nogunz. It's no freedom. They can own them, they just can't use them. This means ammo is available.

looks like a Black & Decker kalashnikov

Orange enough?

this dude is a fucking hero. Now Hans and Sven can print revolvers and start taking their countries back.

How are you going to print ammo retard.

too sleek and generic to be spacegun. Here's a real spaceriffle

google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/story/681252001/

hmm so an aussie with a gun licence could siphon his ammo* to those without is your scheme?
or even more unenforceable/untraceable his used casings

Agreed, the fact that Europe has been brainwashed with the shitty elitist ideas that "Guns are bad guys" is easily the greatest thing the Elite has going for them.

The founding fathers got it right when they enshrined the second amendment into the constitution.

3d printing is a meme
if you're considering buying/building a 3d printer, get a milling machine instead and learn how to build things that aren't crappy plastic toys

>dude tells me to give him my wallet
>he has this thing pointed in my face
>i die of laughter before he can even get a round off

Ok so I'm actually curious because I don't keep up with gun laws. Could someone make their own semi-auto or full-auto rifle legally or would it be legal to make attachments for it like a suppressor or a high cap mag?

>semi-auto
yes
>full auto/attachments
as long as you follow the laws of your state eg getting the tax stamp

How expensive is 3D printing?
Like I dont care about making a gun like that (even though this is cool), but what are the material costs like for 3D prints in general?
Like lets say I want to print a mug.

A half decent hobby 3d printer is about £300/$400 but will need lots of fettling to set up for accurate printing.

Industrial grade out of the box printers are thousands.

The filament isn't too expensive but as this user said for all of the investment you're better off learning how to work a lathe and a mill.

>p0RN

thank you for explaining for me.
here is a you.

Europe was "brainwashed" by seeing what those guns can do, it only makes sense that there is a stigma to them here.

>but will need lots of fettling to set up for accurate printing.
youtu.be/Ufm3nYuHdhc?t=89
I's like to point out the guy who made this video also made a program that would detect faces and shoot lasers into peoples eyes.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8zC3-ZQFJI

Nigga this ain't csgo

>detect faces and shoot lasers into peoples eyes
kek that's literally a warcrime machine

first distributed republic

There is probably code in the software that flags to the ATF already in it.

>now available
>video posted november 2015

This fag is gold.

You're retarded. Especially when the software is open source, FOSS.

>tfw I thought the Soviets were retarded and then I read this

Do they print steel? I don't really want a gun that melts after 5 shots or a pellet gun.

Yes there are steel printers theyre just a bit shit and expensive atm

They only have to ban the 3d model files

Yet someone who's not a retard could come by those files anyway. afaik they are already banned in some countries.

ammo looks like delicious caramels.

Something akin to Lysenkoism is what is going on on in public field when you try to do any studies on human population genetics and cognitive capabilities.
Average lefty position is that their ideology is 100% based on science at the same time they seem to think that evolution is a thing that will not happen to humans for some reason humans seems to be something special out of the reach of such natural processes (also cause it be rayciss)
Also at the same time making fun of ignorant religious people who deny evolution and think humans are somehow special and apart from other nature.

Bump for ya.

Nylon and carbon fiber filaments do amazingly well in strength tests with firearms. Carbon fiber filaments are more heat tolerant but are more brittle (meaning no warning before failure), Nylon needs time between cycling to allow cooling.

And another.

BIN THAT PLASTIC
YOU CHEEKY SPASTIC

They won't be able to print good guns cheaply for a hundred years. Robots will make guns the old fashioned way before you can print a good gun cheaply.

Oh shit officer I didn't intent to store this on my cache, am I detained?

>people in NSW will literally go to prison for looking at this

hahahahah

You can 3d print metal you know.
Just saying.

Look up the Monoprice Select Mini. 200 bux, self calibrating, wifi, pretty solid. Downside is a 4x4x4 inch (relatively small) printing size. I have made a bunch of solid parts from it though, and it is a perfect entry level no bullshit 3D printer.

>1 round aimless handgun will save you
You didn't save Europe then and you're not going to save Europe now