ITT: Scenes where the dub actually somehow manages to surpass the sub

ITT: Scenes where the dub actually somehow manages to surpass the sub.

youtube.com/watch?v=C80qgl0T4zE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TlZ6mmjnvFw?t=50s
youtu.be/NOLuAwSFhqM
youtube.com/watch?v=j_ySZGs6mj0
youtube.com/watch?v=9XF6Swy-C8o
youtube.com/watch?v=4wG84efH4sw
youtube.com/watch?v=fg9oThFkJlk
youtu.be/dtfZcPeBaMs?t=10m58s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZUi0L28WJyc
youtube.com/watch?v=LZeiOLPyd1A
youtube.com/watch?v=fDbuhHuf__8
youtube.com/watch?v=7GaJUmefY1I
youtube.com/watch?v=tv2yfioMM_U
youtube.com/watch?v=c5jb9rw2eW8
youtube.com/watch?v=o1cEjtUeUbw
youtube.com/watch?v=ruc3upCWR_g
youtube.com/watch?v=7_DTNdmpliY
youtube.com/watch?v=QAuHQphwJLY
youtube.com/watch?v=WIWpP8VSO4c
webmshare.com/NEwNa
webmshare.com/eB45q
webmshare.com/3vVn8
webmshare.com/ZB74G
youtube.com/watch?v=PtbXJOip5uo
youtube.com/watch?v=5a-Wz4DLZUA
youtube.com/watch?v=yGdGJ1XXvTQ&t=29s
pideo.net/video/pandora/9060c61fdc8be81f/
youtube.com/watch?v=Uzz0fxPj2pc
youtube.com/watch?v=TtqA8Wz4LWE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think i contracted cancer from this. Well played.

Ok, start

youtu.be/TlZ6mmjnvFw?t=50s

Dubception with the FLOW dub.

AAAAAAA IIIIIII willnotletyoudestroymyworld AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

At least he doesn't sound like fucking Monkey D. Luffy

Only if it's the mexican dub

Vid related.

I didn't post anything because they don't fucking exist.

The japanese version is better simply because they portrayed ssj3 debut as a monster being born as opposed to funi depicting a hero's return.

Also my contribution is the Transformers episode of ps&g.

What the fuck is the deal with the dub shilling lately? Fuck off we don't need this shit on Sup Forums.

youtu.be/NOLuAwSFhqM

This one is god-tier

una vela

Pretty much anything if you don't speak Japanese and you aren't a filthy fucking weeaboo.

t. retard who didn't realize op was memeing.

nice bait

Takefatso or nothing.

It only works because she's supposed to sound retarded, and dubs always sound retarded.

Actual facts aren't bait you weeaboo scum. If you don't speak the language you are objectively and significantly less able to appreciate any nuance in the performance. The only reason to claim that dubs are worse when you don't understand the original language is if you have a pathetic fetishistic obsession with the culture of origin.

All scenes of Beck where they spoke English.

Newfags seem to be getting more and more aggressive these days

The way she said Nico Nico Nii..didn't she do that perfectly though? Sounded exactly the same as the jp one.

>nuance in the performance
It's a third party rewrite for a normalfag burger audience with failed/terrible actors reading lines. They have less opportunity to interact with relevant members from the original production and the mouth flap problem is obviously bigger.
>fetishistic obsession
My impression is that subfags generally prefer the original regardless of what the original language is. Dubfags on the other hand (like you) seem to use any opportunity to bring up Japan.

>muh faulconer garbage.
fuck off dubfags.

>youuurururru HEEEEARTTT

Sup Forums was overrun by faggots a long time ago.
abandon the sinking ship.

I'd never watched this scene in the original series in Japanese before - I just watched it and fuck you're right, with the different music it's really quite disturbing how they portray SSJ3

youtube.com/watch?v=j_ySZGs6mj0

All the dubs of Dragon Ball Z are good.

youtube.com/watch?v=9XF6Swy-C8o

>
My impression is that subfags generally prefer the original regardless of what the original language is. Dubfags on the other hand (like you) seem to use any opportunity to bring up Japan.

>wh-why do you keep bringing up my degenerate obsession with another country in a board dedicated to two of the most notable cultural outputs of that country?

oh god, thank god for funanimation. that's the only dub i watched as a kid, imagine having this as the only dub for english speakers.

Look up the Malaysian english dub too.

youtube.com/watch?v=4wG84efH4sw

>he cares what language people on the internet watch anime

I've nowhere else to go user. I'll sink with the ship.

live everyone else hahaha

would love to be in murrica and get killed in a shooting or a terrorist bombing.

OP HERE! DO PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THAT THE PIC WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MISLEADING!?!?!?!?!? I DON'T THINK DBZ DUB > SUB. IM NOT A FUCKING PLEB

FMA brotherhood and Gurren Lagann sound better in english.
>inb4 rip-off
yes and?

Any scene where Goku opens his mouth is better in the dub.

The recent Gundam OVAs have had good dubs.

Darryl tended to overact a bit, but apart from that they're just as watchable as the originals.

Especially Thunderbolt, where you don't want subs on the screen covering up the beautiful art.

My main problem with English dubs is that they're all saying these Japanese names in English and it sounds fucking awful, I cant believe I'm saying this but I would prefer if pretty much all dubs just westernized all the Japanese names.
I think Bebop had a somewhat decent dub because there wasn't really any Japanese to be mentioned but when I see it all over this I cringe hard.

is it just them saying the jap names wrong or saying the jap names at all that sets you off? If it's the latter, do you think it would be better if they just pulled a 4kids and changed the names?

I don't get this meme the TTGL dub was always awful especially Kamina.

Its a bit of both, It just sounds completely unnatural when you hear an english speaking person suddenly say a bunch of strange japanese words one after another, like I said Bebop didnt have this issue, Pokemon and Digimon, Beyblade, Yugioh etc all seem plausible, they're never on the absolute cringe side for the most part, I'm not sure how Dragonball managed to sound alright.
Another major issue for me is that modern dubs now are all done by the same fucking 2 or 3 studios which use the same fucking voice actors all the time and use the same voices, its the worst with female voice actors because they all sound the fucking same and the only characters they can do accurately to me are the mature older women.

>the only characters they can do accurately to me are the mature older women
that's really funny, because the dub voice actress that made a Q&A thread was one who voices older, more mature women

>dat Goku voice

>everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla

I can't wait for the Chinese english dub we get this year.

I think Yomi's voice from Yu Yu Hakusho is better in English.

English: youtube.com/watch?v=fg9oThFkJlk
Japanese: youtu.be/dtfZcPeBaMs?t=10m58s

Japanese Yomi just sounds super generic, whereas English Yomi sounds so cool, confident, imposing, and wise. And their respective growls before they stomp the guy's head? Definitely giving it to English.

I prefer Kyon's english voice a lot more than the Japanese one, but I think the rest of the Haruhi dub is mediocre.

But those are hilariously good

Agree, but I think Haruhi, Yuki, Koizumi, and the green-haired chick were good. I just couldn't fucking stand Mikuru, holy shit that voice alone ruined the whole fucking dub

I do like falcouner's music, I do, but the original music is great and fits the scene far better than the dub. Also i'm too used to Goku's high pitched scream.

Seeing GT in Spanish was unnerving to say the least.

>That Bardock part
Kek

Fucking Tiens voice. I'm done. Holy SHIT I am done.

>Not a single a mulberry is a tree and Kuwabara is man!
youtube.com/watch?v=LZeiOLPyd1A
Everyone in this thread are faggots

>That Squidward Tien voice

Moribito, where Balsa lectures Chagum after he tries to run away

Prepare your anus.

youtube.com/watch?v=fDbuhHuf__8

youtube.com/watch?v=7GaJUmefY1I

I thought there was a law that says you can't dub an anime with OnoD in it

kars sounds like a dying bird
10/10

This sounds like a purposely bad abridged series.

>magic missile
I want it to stop.

Daily dose of Sabbat

Those fucking accents.

source?

It's "My 15-Year-Old Little Sister Voices An Anime Character That Wants To Fuck Her Brother And Now She Wants To Fuck Me?!"

thanks

Is it acceptable to watch Hetalia dubbed?

It's not acceptable to watch Hetalia at all, tumblr.

Absolutely none of them. If you think dubs are EVER acceptable then you do not belong here.

The JoJo dub had some pretty good shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=tv2yfioMM_U
youtube.com/watch?v=c5jb9rw2eW8
youtube.com/watch?v=o1cEjtUeUbw
youtube.com/watch?v=ruc3upCWR_g
youtube.com/watch?v=7_DTNdmpliY
youtube.com/watch?v=QAuHQphwJLY
youtube.com/watch?v=WIWpP8VSO4c
Stroheim is shit in it, though.

webmshare.com/NEwNa

Ive always felt that dubs should just give characters different first names. Its really jarring to hear japanese names surrounded by english words

>Numbah 1 from Kids Next Door

Holy shit

webmshare.com/eB45q
webmshare.com/3vVn8
webmshare.com/ZB74G

>Cringe when they put no effort into pronouncing Jap words correctly
>Cringe when they do pronounce things correctly
Dubs shouldn't exist desu senpai

>tfw you accidentally see your little sister's computer screen and it's on the Hetalia section of fanfiction.net
>one of the stories she clicked is about an abusive gay ship

youtube.com/watch?v=PtbXJOip5uo

It's not the dubber's fault that you're such a weeaboo you get pissy about pronounciation but also feel an appropriate amount of shame for being a weeaboo.

Where do you think you are?

Sup Forums.org's anime and manga board. Home to both pathetic weeaboos and people with an ordinary interest in a medium produced in a foreign country.

Entirety of Bobobo and Cromartie High School

youtube.com/watch?v=5a-Wz4DLZUA

Objectively

Dragon Ball Z was always better in English, Goku's voice just doesn't fit.
DBGT was also much better in English, for what it's worth.
Compare:

English: youtube.com/watch?v=yGdGJ1XXvTQ&t=29s
Japanese: (Skip to 13:30) pideo.net/video/pandora/9060c61fdc8be81f/

It's not even on the same order of magnitude.

Don't respond to him, he threw out a bait. A big one, a grat one

Kirei reading Psalm 23 in Fate/zero

youtube.com/watch?v=Uzz0fxPj2pc

youtube.com/watch?v=TtqA8Wz4LWE