Berserk

Now that I think about it

Isn't it Guts fault that Griffith turned into Femto?

It seemed Griffith was trying to off himself due to his current state

And in his head he didn't want guts to touch him because he knew it would trigger the behelit

And furthermore isn't it Guts fault the age of darkness was brought?

The demons only went into the world because 2 of the needed sacrifices escaped , and causality and fate demanded they be sacrificed at any cost.

And now Falconia is the last bastion preventing demons from killing humanity. Griffith is doing his best to protect humanity from what Guts ultimately caused. But he can't bring himself to kill guts or Casca himself.

TL;DR:

Griffith did nothing wrong. Guts did everything wrong.

stupid phoneposter

>Isn't it Guts fault that Griffith turned into Femto

Not really. Guts doesn't have the power to turn him into anything, and it was Griffith's choice to sacrifice everyone. Even the fat apostle guy with the daughter that Guts defeated had the willpower to not sacrifice his daughter. Griffith didn't.

Also, I think it was already destiny that Griffith was going to be Femto. This has been foreshadowed and emphasized way before.

True.

I think at first Griffith really didn't want to but as soon as he was all alone, up there with the other 4 of the god hand, crippled, everything lost and the memory of guts and Casca embracing fresh in his head he made a bad decision

No. It was Griffith's fault for saying that he could only view someone as a friend if they were equal to Griffith's status.

Guts was hurt when he heard this since he thought they were friends and wanted to find his own life and build his own legend to be equal to Griffith.

When Guts decided to leave to find his own path, Griffith was being selfish and tried to force him to stay, even though he had no idea how to maintain a proper friendship.

He then overreacted and deflowered Princess Charlotte, damning the Hawks in the process.

Griffith did EVERYTHING wrong.

Guts meant a lot to him, some even say he loved him. So when Guts crushed him and left, he spiraled into a deep state of depression and delusion.

Which led him to where he is now.

Nothing you said about Guts touching him and triggering it or the apostles coming into the world because of the brand is true.

I want to see a Shakespearian theatrical adaptation of Berserk. It would be quite nice. Anyone else?

The Rape Horse is something that is pretty similar to Macbeth's flesh-eating horses and the spooky skeletons and poor Yorrick would probably be bros.

how can guts have a happy ending if he's going to hell

They would've done something else to get him to become Femto.

DONG

Nope it's all Griffiths fault
only one option

loliwitch tears of true love are gonna undo the brand

Demons lie and intimidate, yo. Besides there's nothing wrong with going full DOOM guy.

Kill yourself.

Demons were already a part of the world just hidden away in the cracks that seeped through

> "b-but evil was always there!"
Dumb apologists. If Griffith didn't fuck things up so badly then evil would still be hidden behind the scenes.

The apostles were out there already though. Only after the eclipse they got a lot more active for some reason.

He didn't know that Guts was listening. Griffith already considered him his equal then.
In the end all can be summed up with MISUNDERSTANDINGS

>Divine providence cannot be thwarted by man's efforts
>by man's efforts

He can't remove the brand himself, he needs a good-aligned deity to remove it, such as the elf king.

Unless Miura decides to give Berserk a tragic ending.

you can see the despair in his eye ;_;

He needed some support at that point. If he let's the blood drain out of his body, he won't have help to bind his soul to an artificial vessel like Gaiseric did.

It's fate. Everything lined up so he COULD be in the position to actually sacral ice them which he would not have likely done if he was not tourchered etc. Similarly it was his will to rape casca but not really as it resulted in him being reborn in human flesh. Everything in the story follows fate except gattz that is. I'm not a griffith fag but it does excuse the actions in some way

yeah i thought that expression was a bit out of the ordinary, but it is very early berserk.

is guts really sad because the count simply told him he's going to hell? guts isn't even religious.

probably more to do with telling guts that it's all meaningless, on the previous page.

The Behelit apostle stated that he was told to delay it which signifies that the Godhand and whatever master they serve are flexible.

Guts is the type of person who really doesn't like hearing that. On some level Guts feels that it's meaningless, but he still wants to try as long as he's alive.

reminder that based rickert layed hands on this bitch ass nigga

living god my ass

Is it a good idea to read the manga chronologically? I want to introduce a friend to it and see how he reacts when shit goes down without him having read the first two volumes.

It'd be fucking convoluted as he'd have to start reading mid volume three and stop at in the middle of fourteen, before lost children, then he'd have to pick it up again with the with the first three volumes and stop when Golden Age starts and then continue with Lost Children.

Nah, just start normally desu

>Build his own legend
He was the captain of the raiders of the band of the hawk
He is the 100 man slayer
He killed the strongest man (the rhino dude)
He was knighted

Griffith did everything wrong, but guts could have seen himself as a big shot

Something interesting I noticed is that both berserk adaptations have griffith sacrficing everyone as a TWIST.

But in the manga it is stated in volume 3 that Griffith is directly responsible for Guts brand and guts even says to Femto "you're standing where you are now, thanks to me".

So it's a different way of experiencing the story. You already know how the story will play out.

But the manga's better anyway so who cares.

He might not be a devout follower of a fate. But he has seen higher powers at work, he has seen what is going to happen with branded people, the stream of death that carried the fat guy off

ah I should have read your post more clearly, you want your friend to experience the twist.

have him watch the 1997 anime.

He'll miss out on a lot of characterization and subplots though.

Griffith was going to become Femto no matter what, it was fated.

Nothing Guts could about it griffith is just cosmically ordained douchbag.

I actually didn't understand what that whole Rickert-Griffith interaction was. Miura did some really good world building through the events leading up to that, but why Femto would accept that slap confused me.

Was it supposed to convey that he has some lingering guilt/regret over band of the hawks?

Griffith understood that if Rickert was angry, it was justified. He even said so at the hill of swords.

Griffith does feel bad about it, he's not going to do anything to compromise his ambition over it but if letting Ricky slap him is all he wants than he is fine with obliging him.

>COSMICALLY ORDAINED DOUCHBAG

No. Griffith always considered his allies a means to an end, he views himself as a natural leader and expects others to sacrifice themselves for his cause. Guts thought of him as an equal so upon learning that he had thoughts of abandoning the band of the hawk.

Events just brought Griffith to the point where he had to decide whether to sacrifice the band of the hawk to achieve greater power or not, and anyone paying attention at that point would have known he wouldn't choose otherwise. Yes, Griffith spited Guts for his insubordination and betrayal, but he would have chosen the same course of actions regardless of Guts.

The Band of the Hawk would have died fighting for Griffith as mercenaries or they'd have died the way most of them did during the eclipse. Regardless of the events they were all means to an end for him.

Falconia was shown to be a farce of sorts, a fair bit of the populace are wolves in sheeps clothing. They are under griffith's protection only as long as they are his loyal subjects, look at what happened to Rickert moments after the slap.

It wasn't enough to be equal to his first husbando though

No because fate in this series is quite the serious shit, it was written that he would break and the Eclipse would happen, there was nothing Guts or Griffith could have done to stop it.

The only moment where fate holds no power is when the God Hand summoner makes his choice, in this moment its 100% the summoner choice, meaning, it was Griffith's fault, he chose to sacrifice everyone for his dream.

Reminder that Griffith literally pleased an old man for money.

>implying you wouldnt
One night of shame for millions, fucking worth it.

>Unless Miura decides to give Berserk a tragic ending.
That's the best kind of ending.

So we're assuming that it was Griffith's demon groupies that sent out the hit on Rickert and not Griffith himself? Don't disagree, just making sure.

That's right. Griffith loved the band of the hawk, thats why it was a sacrifice, letting it go for the sake of muh dream. So he actually feels bad about it, but given the chance, the would sacrifice whole humanity for his bullshit. Hell even the plot is heading in that direction, whole fucking Falconia will get sacrificed as pigs.

If Griffith wins and becomes God, what happens next?

>Hurr durr He's a god
>Hurr durr huge ass, legion-slaying monsters bow to him
>Hurr durr just about all humans in the land have sworn fealty under his banner and protection
>Hurr durr he is the "hope" of humanity and this world
>This STILL doesn't stop Rickert from bitch slapping his ass when he finds out what Griffith hath done.

Rickert is the MVP of Berserk.

DINDU NUFFIN

I'm more interested in why Casca is mentally unstable and if she actually still felt something for Griffith. Which is why she didn't want Guts to see them fucking or she could have just been raped and is not unstable because of that.
But honestly Guts is not at fault for something Griffith chose to do, which only happened because he lost to Guts, but he still choose to sleep with the princess and chose to sacrifice everyone (sept for Guts and Casca).

So damn satisfying. I was getting tired of everyone praising Griffith, thanks based Rickert.

>Which is why she didn't want Guts to see them fucking
I think she didn't want him to see because she was being fuckin raped. Also I don't remember clearly but I think she was raped by a bunch of demons before that too, that plus all the other shit would probably fuck anyone up.

>Isn't it Guts fault that Griffith turned into Femto?
No, the behelits always come back to their owners via destiny to be opened at the perfect most desperate moment where the Godhand can have the poor fool sell their soul for power.
It's Godhands fault for creating them.

>And in his head he didn't want guts to touch him because he knew it would trigger the behelit
Griffith understood what was about to happen, Griffith was trying to warn Guts to run away before it was too late, his last actual human act. Probably the only time in the entire story Griffith showed any compassion for anyone else.
He didn't want Guts to be in the eclipse, that's it. He knew shit was about to go down.
>And furthermore isn't it Guts fault the age of darkness was brought?
Once again Godhand, they live outside time and space and see the past and present entirely, they can perceive the endless possibilities of the future and choose the future that brings the least amount of damage to them and the most benefits.
They would let years of hard work go down the drain in a heartbeat if it means opening a new possibility where x goal can be achieved.
The entire war that The Band of The Hawk originally fought in was theorized to be a war caused by Godhand for the sole purpose of making Griffith a military legend, just to hurt him so badly he would go crazy and join their cause in desperation.
>And now Falconia is the last bastion preventing demons from killing humanity. Griffith is doing his best to protect humanity from what Guts ultimately caused. But he can't bring himself to kill guts or Casca himself.
Griffith is the one who is allowing the demons to attack villages in the first place, even the leader of the Muslim empire is an apostle and is playing his role perfectly (believing the entire time he is free from the laws of casualty) the Muslim empire attacks the christian cities and Griffith offers to protect them.

Could simply be a nod to the effects of encountering eldritch horrors in lovecraft-horror.

She was being fucked by a demon while the godhand descended killing all her comrades as well as guts. Their unborn child was horribly deformed by the sex with femto, so it's not unusual that Caska would have suffered some of the physical/mental effects of it too.

cont-
Griffith will use the entire empire he created as a huge sacrifice, a sacrifice never seen before and its powers untold.
A few thousand people in the heresy arc were needed to bring Griffith back to life.
What would a few hundred thousand to millions of people do?
And the entire time the demon army so protecting these civilians, will turn on them.
I personally think Griffith's little blonde soothsayer will gain an entire page to herself showing her unbelieving face as she is ripped apart by the demons.
Guts did nothing wrong, he just wanted to live his life.
Griffith was choosen by Godhand at birth to be evil.

griffith made the CHOICE to sacrifice everyone.
No one forced him too.
He made that choice, because he could not handle is dream falling apart 120%.

And Falconia primary existence is NOT to protect the humans, its primary existence is for Griffith to have a kingdom. Those are very close to being the same thing, but a demon kingdom is still a kingdom.

Literally every misfortune that befell the Band of the Hawk was due to the fact that Griffith took an unnecessary and selfish risk to fuck the princess because he was frustrated over Guts leaving.

No matter the mental gymnastics, Griffithfags can't get around that one.

user, he already won and is God

That's obvious, nothing to argue over there, it was his first 'human' mistake.

Will he ever fucking finish the book? I'm glad I started reading late because I don't think I could've survived them being on the boat for 70 years.

man, fuck grifith and girfith sympathizers. he goes on and on about how his real friend (read that as his stupid ego fantasy) would oppose him. that his real friend would not let his (griffith dreams) come in front of his own. Guts learns this, thinks a bit and then agrees. he goes off, since that is what griffith wanted, and he also wanted to become a better person. beats griffith to prove he is worthy of being a rael freind.
Grififith goes full sasgay and decides he was wrong, he did not want a friend to stand by himself, he wanted someone to support him and kill people for him. goes and bone the princess and then gets his dream destroyed, by himself. he then blames guts for all of it, even if guts was just doing what any normal independent human would do (and what he said he wanted guts to do) and kills everyone and rape guts crush to retardation.
everything griffith does is for himself, and he never deserved good ol guts as a friend (Guts, in contrast, does everything not for himself, but for everyone else, almost as if he wants to be the stepping stone for everyone)

Guts had always had self esteem issues, ever since he was born. his first cries were on the guts of his mother, and everyone made sure to remind him of that. there is more. his only mistake was to try to build his self more than to just fight to the death every time, he trained, he meditated, and he made friends with new people. then it all fell to shit

maybe it was because he thought of his friends in the band of the falcon and their fate in hell.

we don't deserve Rickert

just download all the chapters and make him a reorganized zip file if u want to do it the hard way.
just do it pheggot

That's exactly my plan. I'm already on it.

griffith did not order the hit on rickert tho, it was that spear horse guy.

>implying
Griffith is a god of the apostles, the only apostle that does not follow his every command is the Emperor. Who was literally designed by Godhand to be an opposing force to falseflag the people of Falconia into following Griffith.
You seriously think Griffith wouldn't purge an underling in a second when he is a demigod with a direct line to Godhand, a group of demigods who can see past/present/future at any given time?
If the apostle sent the hit on Rick, Griffith knew about it and made a choice to ignore it. Which is exactly the same as putting the hit out himself.
Don't kid yourself into believing Griffith has feelings, real feelings.
He was a sociopath before he was tainted and now he is beyond such things. He wears a mask for whatever particular moment calls.
He even flat out tells Guts that he feels nothing for him, no love, no hate, absolutely nothing, because he is a void.
He wouldn't even fight Guts because that's how little he cares anymore, at least when he was human he would of beaten Guts out of pride alone.
He has no pride, he is a puppet of demons and such things are beneath him.

there must be a reason as to why he chose to call the new mercenary band after his old one. there is a shred of humanity on him, even if he doesn't realize it himself. even how he goes and talks to both guts and rickert after his resurrection was as if he really needed to get his "feelings" off his chest. it was not needed of him to talk to them, it was not needed of him to talk to rickert, he could just say "i don't know you" and be done with it, people would believe it, rickert was just a nobody on the band of the falcon.
so yeah, maybe he knew about the hit adn did nothing to stop it, but it doesn't disprove that there is something human inside of him. even the most insane people have times when they revert to a "good" state, even if just for seconds.

The Band of the Hawk was already famous and idolized. That's why he kept the name.

famous and idolized as traitors

The reason why he named his new mercenary band after the old one is because HE is the fucking falcon. The mercenary band is named after him, not out of some sense of obligation to his dead comrades. If anything Griffith respects their sacrifice for him obtaining power. I wouldn't call him "good", the result of his actions are benign but he is still a demon ruler.

What are you talking about? Most of the people still considered them heroes for everything they had done. It's clear as fucking day in the manga.

goddamn

considering how crazy the first eclipse was, imagine one where all of falconia gets sacrificed. shit's gonna be bonkers

the part that confuses me a bit is what you said
>Griffith was trying to warn Guts to run away before it was too late, his last actual human act

but intermediately after he gets turned into femto he hurts guys in the most cruel way possible

im not calling him good, more like "human" as he is not an emotionless robot. he still is able to feel emotions, even if he rarely does it. also, funny that you are attacking my stupid band of the falcon shit but not that he spoke to rickert two fucking times after his resurrection. tell me that it was necessary for him, apart from an emotional basis, to talk to them.

It's basically what Ganishka did. Except the apostles being the ones consuming everything. They'd flip their shit when their beloved demon heroes started ripping the shit out of them.

didn't griffith himself say that he wanted to make sure he'd feel no regrets by talking to them?

isn't the fact that he went to talk to them evidence of regret in itself?
but what about the second meeting?
dunno, you got me there m8, i think i lost, grifith is a piece of shit with no humanity on him

Griffith's underlings already knew who Rickert was while they were enroute to his kingdom. Rickert had proof, by means of his emblem, that he was part of the original band of the hawk. Reread chapter 333. No reason for Griffith to deny something that was already proven to his soldiers.

Of course Griffith isn't emotionless, but he is driven by his ambitions above all else. Griffith is aware of the attack on Rickert after their discussion but he simply does not care to stop it. He is indifferent to anything that doesn't help him achieve his goals.

>something human inside of him
user, this is solely because he lives in a human body. He is currently limited to it, but he knows better in his head and in his "soul" that he is not actually human anymore. He has a job to do, his job is to eventually sacrifice as many people as possible for whatever reason the Godhand has, that is his only true purpose.
Because Godhand stated quite clearly at the start of the manga, all things require an equal sacrifice.
Griffith's original sacrifice was BoH and that gained him near infinite power. His actual dream though was his own country, his own people to rule. What kind of power would he get for sacrificing an entire empire?
Just because he might have a few "human" feelings due to being in a human body doesn't change the fact he is now hellspawn incarnate.
It's like the Pennwise the clown, the clown is actually shapeless and formless, but when it takes a form it has the same weaknesses as said form. Such as a werewolf being weak to silver or a vampire to garlic.
When Griffith dies in this human body it doesn't matter if he apologized to Guts and begged for his forgiveness and genuinely meant it. Because he will turn back to The Godhand member Femento incarnate.
Everything bad that happens in Guts world that is unnatural is usually caused by Godhand. Every war, religion, x, y, and z is a chess piece that Godhand has moved there to further their goals.
It could be said that even Guts their biggest (or most current enemy) was chosen to cross paths with the band of the hawk simply because Godhand knew that he would be such a powerful military leader and fighter he would help Griffith win many battles and get closer to his dream.
The way Godhand acts, they think of themselves as literal gods having omnipotence.
Nothing happens in Berserk that they did not account for.
Which is pretty fucked up, because I do not know how the writer is going to deus ex machina his way out of this shit.

Guts only set up the circumstances. Griffith still had agency in regards to not accepting the sacrifice of his comrades in his heart and finalizing the ritual.

Griffith was only ever gracious when he was able to outmatch or exert some form of control over others and became bitter and resentful when that was taken from him. That's the whole point of him throwing his husk of a body on Casca in the carriage, and raping her during the eclipse, trying to reassert himself despite the futility, and then doing so with his newfound power as Femto as that was the only way he could again assert his superiority over Guts since he was obviously outclassed by him as a normal man in regards to martial prowess even before he was tortured into being an invalid.

His drive and ambition to never stop trying to rise above his station in a feudal society where upward mobility is often taboo if not unheard of was admirable and took a lot of skill and force of will, but that he was willing to do something so horrid to achieve it shows it's not for any desire other than his own enrichment.

Same with Falconia. While it may be a "bastion", it's only so Griffith can continue to be the God-King hero and be lauded and loved by all. The second any of it stopped serving his sense of self-importance then he'd be over it in a heartbeat.

I don't remember, does she get pregnant?

better, she gets griffith raped

I think Miura should have Guts kill Casca out of regret and play the bad guy which is out to destroy Falconia and expose Griffith

Are you a Griffith admirer? I don't see the angle you're coming from.

No, or at the very least, no pregnancy continues or is acknowledged by anyone.

Simply put user, sorry for the religious statement coming.
>temptation comes from our own desires
Griffith is obsessed with his dream, I'm not talking just a little obsessed either.
He has assassinated, raped a princess (sorta), betrayed fellow armies, he will do anything to achieve his goals.
The Godhand designed the amulets to awaken when their wearer is most desperate.
I don't remember the dogfaced guy, but his awakened when he was alone in a tower also dying of old age or some shit (the dude who led the black dogs) he was so desperate that he sold his soul for immortality.
I digress, Griffith did love his band and loved Guts above all others.
However when Godhand tempted him with real power, power that he could never equal (especially now with his arms and legs useless and his tongue cut out) he gave his soul to them via sacrificing the band.
At this point he is a demon, which is why he rapes Casca in front of Guts. he is purely evil, there is no good in him.

No, its been long enough that we'd know if she was.

its beginning to look more and more like caska is gonna die, either by suicide or by guts. that wolf alter ego of guts is gonna fuse with his mind and he might become a dark griffith