Serial Experiments Lain

I know it's customary for the "what the fuck did i just watch" thread to be about eva but i'll bend the rules
what the fuck did i just watch
10/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fRGhfGFXME0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hear people talk about this being WTF inducing way more than NGE tbqphf

It is. Eva doesn't really go into that territory around the last 10 episodes or so, while this show is WTF all the way through, especially at the end.

Lain and NGE are excellent shows, but they're really not THAT confusing or hard to follow at all. Pic related, here's something that takes intellect to grasp.

Pretentious meme anime with an obnoxious fanbase that rivals, the JoJo, EVA, Naruto, Bleach, TTGL, DBZ, Fate secondaries and the pedo show, and moe shit like K-On and son, they're all the same so I won't bother naming them one by one. See me get proven right.

It's not that they are hard to grasp, even a casual viewer can get the basic plot on first watch. It's just that Eva and Lain in particular are shows with a lot of audiosensory overload (best way i could describe it), which I don't think can be delivered as well through a literary medium.

geez, user, we're having a discussion here, no need to be such a __cunt___

>we're having a discussion here,
??? Where? All I see is some user saying they aren't deep and you saying nothing of worth to the "discussion".

well you're one to talk, saying that this thread is shit or whatever. just hide it if you want it gone so bad.

last (you) for tonight, bby. savor this one

>(Y-You)
Thanks for proving you're a newfag, saged and reported.

>i hate it when people talk about enjoying things
>Let's tell them how much I think they're retarded!

God why do you fags argue like this?

Did you win? Do you feel accomplished? Just get done jerking it late at night and now in your sexual depresssion/frustration you try your best to make someone else feel like shit too? Why would that happen here? Why would anyone here get upset that you called them a fag? So much work for literally just some extra chemicals being released in your fucked up, over medicated, autistic ugly head telling you "good job you won the argument".

Kill. Your. Self.

Lain was Matrix before Matrix.

LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN

Lain is a girl with Dissociative Identity Disorder slowly learning to connect to others using the internet and developing a new personality through online interactions, which she eventually brings forth into the real world.

Lain is the anthropomorphic representation of the collective consciousness of pseudo-neural networks that is the internet, through which we explore how different people perceive the internet as it becomes more of a force in our day to day lives.

Episodes 5 and 9 are the most important ones imho.

I guess only newfags and vaporwave/tumblr cancer newfags still discuss this show. at least something like knt is not cancerous as this

Ok then

I think "Internet before Internet" would be more appropriate, considering she's basiacally supposed to be IPv6.

Go to the catalog and you'll see threads upon threads of stuff more cancerous than Lain

Literal interpretation is the best.
Anything other than that is just cowardice of ideas.

The anime is better understood if you consider the game as a prequel. What happens in the game? Pasta from wiki because I'm lazy:
>Lain (11) begins to visit Touko (27) because of hallucinations.
>Touko teaches Lain about psychopathology.
>Lain enters junior high, gaining a friend named Misato and an interest in computers and networks.
>Lain's father disappears under mysterious circumstances, and she programs an AI into a robotic replacement of him.
>After 3 years of counseling, Touko thinks Lain has no more problems.
>Touko begins to diagnose Lain again after finding out that Misato does not actually exist.
>Lain programs her father into the Wired and destroys its robotic body, subsequently beginning to program her own personality into the Wired.
>Touko experiences frustration over her lack of mobility at work. Her boss kills himself.
>Touko experiences relationship difficulties, getting dumped by two men in succession.
>Touko becomes emotionally unstable and Lain begins to diagnose her.
>Lain meets her Wired entity and kills her physical self.
>Lain appears before Touko and kills her, absorbing her personality into the wired.

End of game video containing all kinds of spoilers:
youtube.com/watch?v=fRGhfGFXME0

Ulysses isn't hard to follow unless
>you only read books for assignments in high school
>you passively read to pass the time rather than actively read while using your mind

Pic related, it's my copy
Yes, I'm wearing a robe. It's comfy as fuck, I recommend getting one

sub-par bait
you used too many references, none of them recent. Throw some Re: Zero and Kuma Miko in there next time instead

>I wrote a book in the most confusing and obnoxious-to-read way possible to make it look deep!!
>I'M SUCH A GENIUS

It's not the point, the point is it's still cancerous which means everything is equally cancerous in my book.

>cowardice of ideas
What is that phrase even supposed to mean?

There are fantastic symbolic interpretations of Lain you can come up with that fit the plot far better than a literal interpretation ever can.

Every interpretation attempts to take the ideas that were presented, and drag them down to some more comfortable, trivial understanding of the events, picking out things that don't fit along the way.

>fantastic symbolic interpretations that fit the plot far better than [the actual plot] ever can
This is what I mean.
You don't like what actually happened, so you have to invent something that makes you more comfortable.

>Ulysses
Not the Infinite Jest. Every literary critic is currently laughing at you.

>Every interpretation attempts to take the ideas that were presented, and drag them down to some more comfortable, trivial understanding of the
Stop projecting. Holy hell you're such a massive faggot.

Your personal inability to comprehend the viability of an interpretation of events different to yours fitting the plot better than yours is NOT proof that such a thing does not exist.

>>fantastic symbolic interpretations that fit the plot far better than [the actual plot] ever can
>This is what I mean.
>You don't like what actually happened, so you have to invent something that makes you more comfortable.

You know how I said you were projecting? You're literally projecting in this very quote. You literally didn't like what actually happened (i.e. what I actually wrote) and invented something that made you feel more comfortable [the square brackets].

You're a disgusting hypocrite. Stop projecting your own inadequacies onto others. No-one is fooled by that shit.

Aren't you doing the exact same shit though
>wow you're taking this literally and this makes me uncomfortable please stop so we can go back to my mental safe space
it's okay to agree primarily with one interpretation but also accept that others work, user

PRESENT DAY

HEUHEUHEUHEUEHEUEHUEHE