Yorknew City or Chimera Ant arc?

Yorknew City or Chimera Ant arc?

Both great arcs, but Chimera Ant is better.

CA arc. Yorkshin doesn't really have any faults while CA does have some, but CA also has some of the best moments and most impressive writing of the series.

Both are excellent. Chimera Arc was better, but I enjoy re-experiencing Yorkshin more. Yorkshin has the benefit of having the superior anime adaptation.

A long time fan will always pick yorknew.

CA arc was a departure from what I loved about HxH.
What was amazing about hxh is how togashi did the opposite of most shonen in regards to plot and characterization.
He sacrificed character development for a smart and better plot instead. Examples: Gon doesn't win the hunter tournament, they never get to the top of heaven's arena because togashi realized no one cared about it, Kurapika never gets closure with the spiders, Gon doesn't learn his emitter technique in time, Gon meeting his father was a big let down and more realistic rather than over the top.

CA arc was the opposite and more shonen like. A lot of stupid plot developments happen for the sake of character development. Namely gon's transformation and Mereum's revival which were done purely to satisfy their character arcs and weren't smart plot developments.
This trend continues with Hisoka fight which put fan service and character development over a smart plot and we got the meme that is rubber nen.

YC's by far my favourite arc. It has the best pacing in the series, a riveting plot-line, it has a good amount of world building, character development and it nudges the story forward.

What CA has is higher stakes (it very shonen-ish in that respect) and grimdark.

Overall Yorkshin, but the Palace Invasion has great development and Togashi's best art/paneling.

Chimera City

>more shonen like
>plot developments happen for the sake of character development
Pick one, and stop being a retard while you're at it. Character development is the most stand out aspect of the series.

>Pick one
The most common fucking trope in shonen is fags getting magic power boost from friendships, getting mad, or some other stupid shit. Or just look at the harem genre which is also part of shonen. How many times does some strange circumstance force the MC in an embarrassing situation with a love interest?

retard

I enjoy CA more because it has more action and better villains and a simple plot. YN was a good arc but it was mostly story with everyone trying to figure out what was going on.

>weren't smart plot developments
Explain

They were good for character development but unlike York new where everything was solved very smart, those two things were solved with power level nen bullshit. Its not that I think gon san is an asspull, I understand it, but compared to how everything was solved in YN, it was completely generic, crude and used purely to complete gon's arc of turning into a monster.

The other one, with mereum reviving, is completely unforgivable nen bullshit. He eats his friends, becomes more powerful than ever all for the sake of increasing tension and finishing his character arc with komugi.

As a shonen arc, CA is one of the best, but because its in HxH it should be in second place.

Dark Continent arc

Seems to me that you could call Kurapika's abilities during YN generic power level nen bullshit. He became massively more powerful in a short period of time and gained mastery over every category of nen because of his special eyes.

>Yorknew City
Consistently high quality
Consistent pacing

>Chimera Ants
Extreme variance in quality, from the highest in the series to the lowest in the series
Inconsistent pacing due to unimportant subplots being drawn out

Chimera Ant arc has the best parts, but Yorknew is the best arc overall

Your right, all of the arcs have some level of power level shit too them except for greed island.
The same for the zoldyck fight. The fact that they fight chororo and then get called off before killing him is also plot convenience for the sake of fan service mostly.
The difference is they didn't have a sudden powerup that solved his character arc like Mereum and Gon did.

What solved YN was a very apparent ability that made the arc end anti climatically. It wasn't some sudden power level shit. The same for arena's heaven and the hunter exam arc. They all end in a way that defies shonen power level shit. Greed Island probably subverts it the most. Gon doesn't meet his dad, he doesn't have a special end, Gon never learns paper, he requires a smart plan to defeat genthru while still be much weaker. Bisky and the dodgeball match are the exception.

No trolling but why did people love the palace invasion? The pace started slowing to a crawl with the amount of absurd descriptions going on, that it almost became comical. The whole, "but then Gon noticed pitou was healing komugi, untouched by this he decided to wait a full hour before the fight, in the meantime killua was nervous about his friend's mental stability but couldn't do much to sway him."

>Bisky and the dodgeball match are the exception.
What do you call "power level shit" exactly, characters using nen? Because i don't think you know how to use that term.

t. animefag

Yorknew City is better.
But this is just my opinion.

I say bisky and dodgeball are the exception very lightly. Bisky's power up wasn't bad because we didn't know her top power to begin with and because it didn't help solve the story. The dodgeball match, while I believe gon's powerup is earned it still follows the typical power level formula. Just like Kurapika's power up didn't solve everything and was used to make the arc interesting, its the same with the dodgeball match.

the descriptions are worse in the manga, while the pacing is worse in the anime it works better as some narrator recanting events to you. The manga it just becomes bloated and makes it seem like Togashi wasn't confident in his ability to fully tell the story without narrating it to us in absurd detail.