Huey Long

I want to learn more about Huey Ling, specifically what he did to unfuck Louisiana and bring it into the 20th century.
I'd also like to know if the policies he enacted would be viable today.
>also, any chance FDRhad him killed?

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/39567170@N04/3937965289
youtube.com/watch?v=hphgHi6FD8k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

E V E R Y
M A N
A
K I N G

He did nothing to help Louisiana. He was the prototype for corruption in LA politics.

Long was basically a proto fascist but without the racial element so he was extremely popular with whites and blacks. And yes FDR definitely killed him. He and Father Charles Coughlin were gonna team up to get Long in the Presidency. FDR also played a role in destroying the Silver Legion too.

I want to learn more about Huey Lewis.

He modernized LA, what are you talking about? yes I know he practiced nepotism, but you can't deny he changed LA for the better
can you tell me about the silver legion? don't know much about them
Im a big fan of Fr. Coughlin

bump

The Silver Legion was one of, if not the first American fascist group. It was founded by William Dudley Pelley who was inspired to do something after being sent to Russia as a journalist to investigate the Russian Civil War and saw the horrors of the communists. They were growing at a pretty good pace then FDR used the FBI to take them down. After that Pelley mostly just wrote bizarre books about UFOs and magic and shit until he died. FDR did good work since they're an almost forgotten part of American history now. Probably would be forgotten if it wasn't for the internet.

how big was silver legion at its peak?

I think it's estimated at 15,000 people. Hard to say since I don't think there's any surviving member lists or anything. That might sound small but it's still bigger than most fascist groups in the US even today.

a pity, did they have any uniforms?

They did. The Silver Legion pictures are only in black and white but you can see a newer photo of a reproduction of their uniform a museum uses that's in color. And for reference Long and Pelley never met but probably would've disliked either other. Long wasn't into the racial side of things while Pelley was.

I bet they were silver. Fascists are always such faggots - just look at Spencer and his "wife"

How was the silver legion differentiated from the KKK? Seems like they'd be redundant, not necessarily a bad thing.

They were silver but the colored uniforms was a pretty universal thing across fascism. Mussolini used black, Hitler used brown, Pelley used silver, etc.

flickr.com/photos/39567170@N04/3937965289

why wasn't Long into racdial politics? I'm a bit suprised being that he comes from LA

are there any good books I can read about him?

The KKK didn't agree with fascism for the most part. In fact the topic of fascism caused quite a major conflict within the Klan at the same which caused some to leave. The KKK takes the attitude that America should be a whites only democratic republic as they say the Founding Fathers intended. Pelley was aiming for flat out fascist dictatorship.

He was against the poll tax and stuff like that but he wasn't the egalitarian people sometimes try to portray him as.

I should say I don't think Long was necessarily pro race mixing or anything. I think it's more he saw it more important to take on banks and the corrupt wealthy. Considering his alliance with Father Coughlin I think that implies who Long saw as the people who ran these banks and had all the wealth. As for books Long wrote an autobiography called Every Man a King plus I think there's been a few award winning biographies about him but I don't remember their names off the top of my head.

Huey had a good shot at being president until he was assassinated, he was basically simultaneously the governor of LA and one of it's senators and he consolidated alot of power after renovating the state .

Long would've easily overthrown FDR and I think FDR knew it. It's definitely not pure chance Long died when he did.

He made schoolbooks free for kids, started a massive highway construction project to end rural isolation and keep jobs going in the depression, levied a wealth tax against corporations like Standard Oil to pay for gibs (likely why he got assassinated), increased health care funding incentivizing charity hospitals, sued railway companies for overcharging, cut the pay of all state employees, cucked (((the press))) of it's freedom. Pretty much full on fuck the kikes.
youtube.com/watch?v=hphgHi6FD8k

Ok, thanks

Oh definitely, especially with Coughlin backing him
That would roughly 40 million votes alone in itself