Shokugeki no Souma

I want to protect her smile.

That panel is enough to be worth another thread.

But user-kun, Souma already protects this smile.

Erina-sama is a miracle.

H E A L E D
E
A
L
E
D

Damn, I'm not reading this but I might just do it for this panel.

The power of being healed.

>all the shipping and friendship teasing this chapter.

I can't wait for Christmas/Valentines arc.

Come for the food and ecchi, stay for Erina laughing and smiling.

Wait for this shit arc to end.

It's already getting good though. Erina can carry it even if it doesn't.

Shit taste incarnate, OP. She's literally done nothing to deserve protection. Bitch can't even cook.

Souma protects every smile, that's like saying Santa Claus loves you best because he brings you presents.

Do it, it's good and I'm really glad the anime got me in

(You)

She's ~10 chapters from having to cook all over Megumi's face user, give it a bit

2/10 made me reply

The anime does have a bit more flair, but once I catch up, I can't help but read ahead.

It's a lot of fun.

She can protect her own smile now.

So how will it be, the thing against Rindou. 4 vs 1 seems like the best option.

>implying edgedaddy won't scare her into submission again

It will be 1vs1.

They'll probably won't beat her (not by normal means anyway) but leave an impression on her.

Then later in the arc she will faceturn when she concludes that these rebels are more fun to hang around with

>that last page

Souma and Rindou are too hot for this world desu.

Your face when the perfected version of Soma's squid tentacle dish is what breaks Azami's whammy on Erina

Erina's an E10 too, there's no way she's not getting roped in with the bad guys here

>Erina vs. Souma

>that armor
It's beautiful. Tsukasa's White Knight gear looked great too, Tosh is a god

That'd be amazing and it will happen at least once but my money is on Megumi

I'd summon her in the Holy Grail War, if you know what I mean.

Are you saying you'd have sex with her?

>Italian qt will get ntr'd by a nigger.

Why is this allowed?

>uhh there is no tension in the exams because we can't expel a 3/4 man "good guy" team
>lmao lets just change the rules and make them fight the E10! Tension created...?

This arc is terrible.

Which E10 will Mehgloomy fight?

There's a really good chance the E10 switch was planned for a while and it's probably a big part of why Erina got so much focus in the last 7-8 chapters.

Everything's been pretty terrible since Azami showed up.

I'm pretty much only reading for character interactions at this point, I couldn't care less about the actual cooking and Azami/Central battles.

Yeah but Erina is with the group now, and the same exact thing still stands. They will not expel a fucking 4 man group of Polar Star characters

What is this the face of

The recognition of love.

Where's your waifu, Sup Forums?

Front left.

Also TakumiXMegumi confirmed?

I'm the same way right now.

Azami pretty much sucked all the energy out of the story for me. I really hope he isn't the end boss of the entire manga.

>The recognition of love.

That would be this

you have excellent taste, satan

Checked and confirmed.
Even satan melts with this page.

I always smile when reading it too.

If it wasn't for all this melting and group/friends fun shaneningans, the series would be in a pretty bad spot, for me.

This pretty much, the character interactions seem like they've never been better, the plot seems like it's never been worse

Are SnS threads always kinda slow?

Since some months, yeah.

>yfw Tsukuda is focusing on character interactions now and not the story
>the rebels bond and advance together in merry fellowship while the plot crawls
>at the climax of this arc, Tsukuda switches back to the plot and ruthlessly wipes out half the rebel cast for narrative purposes
>this cuts down the size of the cast and tightens the story's progression while subjecting them to despair
>the survivors harden their resolve to survive for those who didn't make it and shoulder onward to prevail
A man can dream

Been like this ever since Azami popped up.

Actually, to be more specific, it's like this ever since Souma vs Eizan. Sometimes we get some life, but nowadays is usually when the korean/raws/spoilers pics are posted.

That's pretty depressing, I just caught up on the series and I like it a lot but every place to discuss it seems to be dead

People only read this for Erina being cute now, she gets a new outfit every couple chapters and half the comments shit on how boring the manga is while the other half enthusiastically approve of her scenes.

He really can't be, which makes me wonder what's going to happen after him.

You can't have an antagonist who actively tries to wipe out the entire cast every single day and then just spend several years resolving it.

Since chapter 134.

I dunno if they stand a chance. She had a lot of knives, dude.

my guess is after some point, Souma or his Dad completely breaks Azami and he runs away, eventually coming back a reformed man and making amends with his daughter.

Then a new challenge/adversary is introduced in the 2nd or 3rd year.

At least, that's what I hope.

Say something nice about this man.

>a lot of knives
Where have I seen this before

Final boss is probably whoever is seat one when the final arc rolls around.

He's legitimately scary as shit

He fathered the most beautiful WSJ heroine to date, that's an incredible feat

He has good genes

That leaves a lot of time to kill in a school where the headmaster already bowed to and begged the MC.

I think this whole Central thing was premature, but I don't mind being proven wrong if there is a good followup to it.

better slow than fast but full of shitposting

He was pretty cute when he was younger.

I can never be bored watching this panel

This. Bleach threads are downright unbearable now, they spam Tumblr art and make polls about which shippers are worse, which make them max out fairly quickly.

Needs to be protected.

>Then a new challenge/adversary is introduced in the 2nd or 3rd year.
>2nd or 3rd year
>Implying SnS will last more than one school year

Good one.

He'll make everyone happy when he leaves.

Sket Dance burned through all three years IIRC
And they had even less material to go off of

It could probably spiral for another year even if it didn't have a popular anime adaptation. I do think that adaptation won't last unless things start getting better fast.

Pretty much, I got into it through some anime-only friends and I can't imagine how they won't drop it like a fucking rock when Azami shows up (even if some cool stuff did come out of it)

Tosh fantasy manga when?

Who's the one on the right?

Biance, a LN-only character. Translations never.

If it does get better quick, there are a lot of clever adaptation tricks they could do that would make the anime far superior to the source material for this arc, but you do really need that "it gets better, trust us" hook.

Hang on a sec. Erina is 100% Japanese right? So a fake blonde.

Sket Dance was also a gag manga and was never at the top of the ranks. Gag series have a lot more repetitive value than most genres unless you are up against the likes of Detective Conan.

Given how the Elite 10 sided with Central and the battles are already beginning, there's nothing to really write on for 2nd/3rd year. You might try using common sense but that doesn't work with the manga industry. They for whatever reason, deemed that a shonen series about a kid who climbs to the top in 1st year, will not be interesting if he has to defend his position in the 2nd/3rd year. It's always gotta be a underdog thing. There can only be progression, there can never be maintaining the status quo. That's shonen 101.

By the time Souma finishes off Azami, even if there are E10 still left, it won't be enough to take a whole year or two. This is especially true given how the only 2nd year with any remote threatening presence is chicken man and he already lost while Kuga is a non factor. All the big shots are among the 3rd years.

It's not about whether or not it can be milked, cause Tosh alone makes it milkable. There's a thousand ways to milk it if you're willing to take risks with the story direction like having Souma turn into the 'bad guy' through his tyrannical experimental dishes in the second year and basically have it be really lighthearted with the new 1st years rebelling against Souma's ridiculous whims on the E10 council.

But that would NEVER happen.

We don't know who her mother is.

Her mother is confirmed to be a Nakiri. Unless she was adopted, she is Japanese.

You're talking about a series where we have Japanese with

>Red
>Purple
>Blonde
>Orange
>Green?

And possibly more. I don't think you should start giving a shit about hair color realism.

Underdogs are inherently the more common and popular thing, it's a theme that resonates with people.

They did kind of blow their load on Azami and there's really no turning back there at this point, it'd be a huge de-escalation and it'd feel like the weirdest intermission in the world just ended.

The series probably wasn't one that could've run through all 3 years anyways, though, unless the 3rd year was a fair bit shorter or less battle focused and more on character interaction (because at that point most of the battles would be retreads of first year). The third years in the current arc are scary and all, but wait 4 months and it's oh hey they're gone I guess things just got much easier.

Did an editor demand Azami's existence or something?

Her mother could be a half, so she would a 1/4

Yeah, I guess no point dwelling on that.

Will Megumi bake their wedding cake?

4th seat Loli is the cakemaster.

Megumi is going to become a shipper and don't really gave a fuck at this point.

Of all the possible endings, none of them work in the first year. You pretty much have to make it to end of year 2 before you can even do an ending where he leaves the school with Erina like his dad.

That's also probably the only ending that would work in Year 2, unless you just do a fast forward to show what happened after graduating.

No matter what, something has to happen for a 2nd year, and I have no idea what.

No, she will give them a free stay in her italian ryokan.

>No matter what, something has to happen for a 2nd year, and I have no idea what.

International culinary school battles.

>implying they will not stay in nippon and leave Isami and Nikumi the italian business.

>Underdogs are inherently the more common and popular thing, it's a theme that resonates with people.

I don't deny that, I'm just explaining how as a magazine marketed towards kids, it's very hard for WSJ to maintain a series about a character who beats down others. Even for maintaining status quo, which WSJ series do you know has a rival of the MC that stays an equal rival or weaker (so no fucking Sasuke who is always conveniently more powerful besides a handful of times) that ends up not being fodder? It's like saying Takumi Aldini will graduate as the #1 of Souma's grade or even be Souma's final opponent in the battle over the first seat in 3rd year.

It's just impossible.

I don't know who's idea was for Azami.

Just enjoy the art.

The epilogue might have them time skip to 2nd or 3rd year sure, but the main meat of it will be 1st year and anything in the 2nd/3rd will basically be an afterthought. Beating Azami in 1st year means they are the top of the ladder, there's nothing interesting to go on during second year.

Just look at shitty Bleach if you need a quick reminder.

>10 years later

> they opened a ryokan in italy
Seems pretty nice. Which city would be nice for ryokan though?

>presenting Nikumi to your family.

Will she use proper clothes at least?

He was created literally to make Erina likeable.

I'm not sure we should take it literally as them having to shokugeki the E10 directly.

Erina's still a first year and has to take her exams though. Just like how she sat on the side of the first years during the leaf viewing instead of on the E10 side.

He succeeded

>implying she wasn't already improving before Azami came along
Dad just sped it up

Unless her dad the literal headmaster decides to make her suffer by pitting her against her friends and arranges for it to happen