What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z4v351FhLfo
youtube.com/watch?v=oSvB8gYUC3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=K5UfIRmkv28
youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

everything except the voice actors and some music.youtube.com/watch?v=z4v351FhLfo

Nothing. They made shows for children which are the target audience of shows about card games, pirates, and cockfighting with adorable animals.

this

american children=retards
so they did a great job localizing shit

retarded censorship

People made Cassidy and Friends, and Bully La Bully just to make fun of 4Kids censorship.

Not enough Jelly Doughnuts

Humanity

Their original western programs weren't bad. TMNT 2003 was the best Turtles show, and that one card game show they did that actually transitioned /from/ flash to hand drawn, was okay too.

I'm not convinced anything went "right."

They hit lightning in a bottle twice with Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! (also TMNT was good for them too I guess)

Then that was kinda it.

i remember being so confused/upset at the 4kids changes after reading the manga as a kid

I know I may get allot of hate for saying it here but 4kids did kinda have a point when they said the people who hate their dubs shouldn't care because man children aren't their target audience.

maybe they should have actually dubbed some kid shows then and not butchered animes made for teenagers in a country with no puritanical convictions compared to ours.

They weren't paying Konami their part of the profits from the Yugioh dub.

They did a good job marketing yugioh and pokemon. Sonic X, Shaman King, and Ultimate Muscle were pretty popular as well to the point that Ultimate Muscle only came back from cancellation because of the dub.

People mainly started flipping their shit when 4kids got One Piece, an anime they didn't even want in the first place. It just came with something else they wanted and they had to take it

Technically, they did. A lot of the stuff they dubbed counts as "Kid shows" in Japan.

"Kid shows" in Japan do not have the same sensibilities as american kid shows. Heck even fucking Pokemon had guns and death in it. They were really just shit at picking stuff.

>everything except the voice actors
Where did it go wrong? When 4kids shit the bucket, Konami hired a bunch of people to keep making Yugioh. And the fucking Yugioh dub voices are horrendous. I prefer Dubs over Subs but these are the most god awful voices on the planet.

They were always bad at voice actors. Dan Green, Eric Stuart and whoever did Joey were flukes and carried pretty much the entire show themselves.

>They were really just shit at picking stuff.

>Pokemon became a hit in america and is still popular to this day.
>Yugioh is as well
>UM got an extra season because of how well liked it was.
>Shaman King at least got games that weren't just translated from japan.

Considering how well received most of the stuff picked was over here, I'd have to argue against that.

Even if they don't have the same sensibilities as american kids shows, they're still kids shows at the end of the day.

Nigga, Dan Green was amazing.

Yeah but at the end of the day it's still fucking Pokemon. I don't care how much gun violence is in it, at the end of the day it's fucking Pokemon and I can't take it seriously.

I still give them credit for Sanji's voice actor. Fit like a glove

That isn't to say that the shows they picked weren't good shows, but they were absolutely not aimed at the "american kid friendly" policy they wanted to enforce, thus all the horrible censoring and everything.

go away zolo.

>I SEE DA RIVA'
>youtube.com/watch?v=oSvB8gYUC3Q

Pandering
Bad decisions
And finally

Greed

>Dub a shit adaptation of a decent manga
>Dub shit that was never good
>Do it badly at that

>We can dog paddle across but it's so wide we'd start barking
I wish more cartoons had dialogue this corny. It's comfy in a way.

WTF is that even suppose to be, a remote control shower head?

A hammer gun or something

Never forget

youtube.com/watch?v=xfJuJrqFhXM

Don't fucking remind me

>master splinter's soulful ass singing

I'm 29 years old and I remember being an 8 year old. I'm the same person I was back then, albeit more mature and wise. I wouldn't have needed to be coddled by edited versions of cartoons turning cigarettes into lollypops and guns turned into hammer-things. I understood back then that smoking is bad for you and that guns are dangerous.

Children deserve more credit. They shouldn't be treated like how you would treat retards.

Nothing really, I mean I remember watching some of the stuff before 4kids and WB actually locked down on some stuff.

Anyone else remember the season of digimon that aired when they were fusing with their digimon? I remember my mom flipping serious shit when it aired.

WHICH ALLOWS ME TO DRAW 2 NEW CARDS FROM MY DECK

Mostly correct, Adult Swim let a lot of the shit slide and even aired some pretty good dubs like Big O during the 4kids era I remember. It's not their fault they had to censor stuff to fit the market. I'm sure there is a lot more they get away with now seeing how the FCC has become quite loose.

YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD

It's pokemon so honestly I don't care.
Plus I actually think 4kids did a better job with the pokemon dub, than whoever they have now.
At least they kept the original music, and Veronica Taylor as Ash was perfect.

Why was that card featured so heavily in the show? Wasn't it banned?

Invisible guns.

because its easy to explain.

youtube.com/watch?v=K5UfIRmkv28

>UM
Ultimate Muscle right?

>What went wrong?
Everything
>mfw the best thing produced by 4Kids wasn't even Japanese
....Okay, the first Pokemon theme was pretty good, but that was it, really.

youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI

Only good thing to come out

Wayne Grayson was the guy that did Joey. Apparently he also voiced Michelangelo in TMNT.

It's an assault shower head