>Hoshino
>Hoshino
>Hoshino

You need all of the swords.

All of them.

dragonballs

Give them the power to save themselves

Kill everyone else

Teach the lazy bastards to save themselves. Who do they think I am Superman? Fuck that noise, I gotta catch up with my backlog.

What would Shirou do in this situation?

He would jump in front of the trolley, trying to stop it with his own body.

Tell saber he wants to save everyone and step into the trolley's path

basicaly this

Kill himself so he didn't have to blame himself.

jump on the trolleys path, die, and realize he can't do anything as he dies

suddenly saber saves him and the people while she dies

What would Archer do in this situation?

A UBW Shirou would seek out a third option.

Maybe signal the driver to stop and use his emergency brake.

Or, worst case scenario, if he had to, kill the driver and stop the trolley himself. Clearly there's some form of negligence on the operator's head that Shirou shouldn't be held accountable for.

>kill the driver
Why? Also a trolley takes time to stop, so those people are dead unless he moves it out of the rail.

I think the point is that Shirou is retarded

If the driver is refusing to engage the break, and is actively trying to prevent Shirou from doing so, Shirou would try and stop him. Maybe not kill him in this situation, but it would depend on what specifically happens.

If the trolley doesn't stop even after the use of the breaks, he could always just shoot some swords and try and physically pin the damn thing to the ground.

He would cut the tracks or the trolley's power line.

You don't need to save everyone.

He'd let the trolley kill the five people and then kill the guy on the other track

JAM Project.

>saving people in the first place

That's the problem with Shounen. You do not fight to save people, you fight for the greater good. A single life is NOT worth the life of millions.

Selfish protagonists are selfish

You'd need a miracle.

But if you fight for the greater good, aren't you fighting to save people anyway?

Are people worth saving user? The world might be better of without us.

The secret is realising that 'Saving' is relativistic term and relativism is scum. You cannot save everyone because saving everyone requires and objective or at the very least global definition.
At such a revelation people are either as saved as they've ever been or there was never anything to save them from.

Nah, that's some nihilist bullshit.

We're the reason this planet is even notable. I don't know who you are, or where you live, but I'm conversing with you through man-made technology to have a low level philosophical discussion.

Best an animal can do is shit in the woods.

Being an average high school kid you can find anywhere

Ten thousand hands

I've always felt the opposite, the life of the individual is far more important than the greater good. I would not sacrifice one person for the sake of the entire society, but I would sacrifice the entire society for one person.

I just don't see why "the greater good" is so important to some people. My life is all that will ever be relevant to me, and only that which that happens in my life will ever fall under what is important to me. Once I die, the only things I really would care about surviving are the people that are special to me.

What good is "the greater good" if it is not ultimately for the individual anyway? If it is nothing more than to uphold the hive mind of people for no purpose other than that it continue exist, what worth has it? For humans, only the human mind has worth, and the human mind is individual. So only individuals are important.

I love it there. Thanks for noting the quality of my post, m8.

no problem

Making a harem.

>I would sacrifice the entire society for one person
Buy a gun and then see if you continue to pretend to think that way.

Individualism is a good thing, but individualism doesn't mean "society literally doesn't matter".

Nigger you'd sure look like an ass when you have to have the conversation with the person you saved in the bombed out wasteland that would be society you sacrificed.

Now I'm not saying there aren't situations where the good of the many isn't worth more than the few, but it's a very circumstantial thing.

fuck off lamb

>the life of the individual is far more important than the Greater Good

But society is made up of individuals. How is sacrificing millions of individuals for one individual placing importance on individualism? You've killed more individuals that way.

>Buy a gun and then see if you continue to pretend to think that way
What did you mean by this? I already have access to weapons, what is that supposed to change about my mind?
>look like an ass
So?

what anime is the first guy from? he's cute.

You and the individual you saved would be surviving in an apocalyptic scenario, since you just destroyed society. Food, water, medication, what about all of these? How do you know the individual you helped would die of an infected cut weeks afterward, because you live in Fallout?

I mean there can be situations where seeing the few over the many are sensible, but not on this macro level. Saving Albert Einstein at the cost of a few regular people? Possibly fair. Killing everyone for you waifu? You're just thirsty, nigger.

If I had to decide between my family and some random busload of nice people I'd met one day, I'd choose to save my family. That's basically what I mean. I don't care about the number of people being saved, but who exactly I am saving.

Saving 1,000,000 random strangers over 1 person who really loved me would be not worth it to me.

It's not as hard as people tell you it is to live "in the wild' as people coin it.

And I would save my retarded little brother over Albert Einstein, because as smart as the guy is I don't love him.

You would sacrifice all of humanity's triumphs, advances, our mark in history, just for you immediate loved ones or family?

That's the way the world ends?

I don't think you're really putting too much thought into things.

With MOE.

Be the character of an author who isn't so obsessed with cynicism he couldn't write a happy ending to save his life.

Not him.

While I agree with sacrificing one for the greater good or better yet sacrificing no one, I wouldn't say "just for your" since it'd be hypocrisy to deny that your immediate loved ones have far less value than strangers.

He's putting in less thought than you but he's getting further with it. He knows himself and he understands his values. You're thinking things through but I doubt you're as self aware. Not that saving one over many is more inherently self aware as saving the many over one, it's just how you two approach it.

>can't even save her workplace crush from Siri
Ayyyyy

If push comes to shove, I would sacrifice my family or loved ones, if I had to.

Granted, it would have to be in a logical and sensible situation.

You tell me to, for instance, kill my mother, or you'll drop a nuke on a city, then I wouldn't follow through, because I have no insurance that you wouldn't kill those people anyway.

>I doubt you're as self aware

I'm not even sure what you mean by this.

Look, I know this probably sounds retarded to most people, but I don't really care about all that. I mean, it's been okay so far, but for me a world without the people I do care about isn't a world worth anything to me.

I mean, I guess the world has been okay at times, and some really cool people and things have happened in the past, but that's all just as much a part of my life now as some random anime.

Of course such a decision wouldn't ever be put in my hands, but on the rare chance it is, sorry guys but the worlds over.

I have to save Tomoko no one else gonna do it but me.

Wanna form a superhero team?

>wanting to team up with Adrian Veidt
Dibs on The Comedian

Basically, if somethings continued existence requires the death of my loved ones, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, they are now my enemy.

I may have a suggestion.

Which Shirou?
Pic related would probably smash the trolley. UBW Shirou would fuck the ones on the track for mana and fail to smash the trolley while Saber solves the problem.

>couldn't save kamina
>couldn't save the people dying in the city
>couldn't save nia
>couldn't save Kittan
For all the bells and whistles, Spiral Power isn't all it's cracked up to be.

>BW Shirou would fuck the ones on the track for mana and fail to smash the trolley while Saber solves the problem

...That doesn't sound like UBW Shirou to me. He's by far the most proactive Shirou in the VN.

Shirou is proactive by default, doesn't mean he gets results in UBW. He failed to defeat Gil, lost Saber to Caster, got pity-win from Archer and all the other shit that doesn't come to mind right now.
Heaven's Feel's Shirou is far more successful, especially in bad ends.

No? Shirou utterly defeated Gil. He was dead no matter what happened, with this entire plan in ruin.

Shirou also defeated Archer in a much more substantial way. He managed to change the mind of a man who had been harboring hatred for his beliefs for arguably a literal eternity.

>lost Saber to Caster

And got her back. Saber lost Shirou to other servants too. It happens on both ends.

Between all this, Shirou fights the most, and gets actively involved the most. He takes on Caster's skeletons, fights Kuzuki, destroys Archer's UBW that first time.

Seriously, you mention HF Shirou, but you are aware that his first major fight is Berserker, right? Then Kirei, and that's it. You can kind of stretch it to Saber if you add SLH, too.

That's also not a cut on his front. He's completely rended all the way through.

Really though, if you go through things, HF Shirou is probably the least proactive of the bunch. Even Fate Shirou, the weakest amongst them, manages to cut off Berserker's arm without any real superhuman power up.

Here's some facts to your half-truths:
>If Archer wouldn't intervene, Gil would have killed Shirou
>if Archer wanted to, he could've overpowered Shirou and ripped him in half
>Shirou didn't defeat Kuzuki
>got Saber "back" because of Rin, fact remains he still lost the most powerful servant
>i said "especially in bad ends" yet even the example you listed is still more than he did in UBW fight-wise
Face it chump: Shirou in UBW is a loser whose best weapons are his mouth and other people. Superhero Shirou would mop the floor with UBW Shirou anyday.

Mind of steel

Be a good friend with author, author can save everyone.

>If Archer wouldn't intervene, Gil would have killed Shirou

Shirou would have just ripped his own arm off, which he threatened to do directly.

And he didn't, because he wanted to crush Shirou mentally first, but Shirou's reasoning overpowered him.

>Shirou didn't defeat Kuzuki

He defeated him the first time, and made both him and Caster retreat.

>got Saber "back" because of Rin, fact remains he still lost the most powerful servant

They got back together because of teamwork. Shirou says Rin multiple times as well.

>Superhero Shirou would mop the floor with UBW Shirou anyday.

You are literally describing a made up hypothetical character. Mind of Steel Shirou is a nonentity who we know nothing of and has no stated powers.

You're wanking off to your imagination.

Mind of Steel is also an outright Bad End.

It means that whatever happens after it, isn't good.

Running away with blue tomboy

>superhero shirou wo-

Oh, you're an edgefag. That explains your dumb & wrong opinions.

UBW shirou a shit who only works because plot armor

Then why didn't he? Archer chose not to kill Shirou, directly as a result of Shirou's actions.

That's Shirou's win, user.

What character ever doesn't work off of "plot armor"?

Shirou's armor at least is interesting in that he's slowly becoming more powerful because of time fuckery with his own future self.

You remove every other things that you can't save, therefore what you save is everyone.

>Shirou would have just ripped his own arm off, which he threatened to do directly.
Makes no difference, Gil would still kill him and laugh his way into the black hole.
>And he didn't, because he wanted to crush Shirou mentally first, but Shirou's reasoning overpowered him.
I'm not reading any argument toward the actual fight here.
>He defeated him the first time, and made both him and Caster retreat.
You're confusing Shirou with Rin here and later on Archer. It wasn't Shirou that "made" them retreat.
>They got back together because of teamwork. Shirou says Rin multiple times as well.
Irrelevant to the problem at hand.
>You are literally describing a made up hypothetical character.
Oh how ironic.
>Mind of Steel Shirou is a nonentity who we know nothing of and has no stated powers.
We know enough from both bad ends that Shirou goes all out to murder his targets.
You're wanking off to literally half-hearted ideals and provide 0 argument to UBW Shirou's fighting competence.
Cause the discussion was about how proactive he'd be in a fight, not what a good politician Shirou would make. You're more than welcome to assert that UBW Shirou would talk the trolley into stopping.

Archer is strong and he can kill shirou if he wants to if that is what you're saying then why didn't he? he didn't kill shirou because shirou's ideals is right for archer, that's why archer couldn't kill shirou

>makes no difference

how? his chain is caught up by only 1 hand, shirou can run while the hole is holding gilgamesh

>Makes no difference, Gil would still kill him and laugh his way into the black hole.

If Shirou ripped off his arm, Gil would get sucked in, and just die. It's Shirou's win no matter what.

>I'm not reading any argument toward the actual fight here.

If fights all came down to brute force then quite a lot of wars would end up differently. Shirou's words won him that fight, and at the end of the day, that's what counts.

>You're confusing Shirou with Rin here and later on Archer. It wasn't Shirou that "made" them retreat.

I think you might be confused. Rin was knocked out during that time. Shirou's projection saved her, and allowed Saber to get back up on her feet, thus putting both Caster and Kuzuki at a disadvantage.

>Irrelevant to the problem at hand.

Your problem is that Saber got kidnapped. Multiple in the story get kidnapped at several points. Shirou, Rin, Saber. They work together to help each other out, and teammates.

>Oh how ironic.

There's nothing ironic here.

>We know enough from both bad ends that Shirou goes all out to murder his targets.

With what?

Do you know what powers HF Shirou has at this point?

Nothing.

He is the weakest Shirou you could find. Granted, that's kind of what makes the ending interesting to think about, but if you try to describe his abilities, you get nothing.

>You're wanking off to literally half-hearted ideals

UBW Shirou probably has put the most thought into his ideals.

The only really logical explanation I can think of for MoS Shirou getting far, would be for the situation to turn out like Shinji in UBW, in that Kirei offers him Gilgamesh as a replacement servant.

As it stands, since he doesn't have Archer's arm, his circuits unlocked, or any paradox power ups from Archer, MoS Shirou is kind of all bite until Nasu or someone else writes up how he wins.

HF shirou is strong but he's weak at the same time, like he's archer level but he can only fight like 1 people and 1 time then die, because the side effects is so big for him, while UBW shirou can still learn to be more powerful than HF shirou because at his age shirou already mastered UBW while archer gained that power after he died

Has anyone ever just thought humanity deserves to just die?

This is the hottest Fate thread we had in the months. I need more sweat, boias