Why do you like anime?

Why do you like anime?

It helps me scape reality.

/thread

It's entertaining.

It's fun. It also gives me an excuse to talk with various people on an anonymous imageboard.

because i dont know if my penis is small or if im just big and its easier to escape into a world of animated fiction with cute girls that are written to act in a way that suggests they might be interested in me rather than try and go outside and meet people and possibly meet a girl and fear the rejection or being laughedat upon her seeing my small penis

Fuck off manlet

Came here post this, word for word.

It helps reality escape me.

Because 2D is so much better than 3D

I like stories and the nips used to have more artistic freedom.

Colors, cute voices, cute girls and cute stuff in general.

Also

I work 8am to 9pm Monday through Sunday no holidays off and I need something to do between 9pm and 11pm.
Girls, friends and video games need more than 2 hours investment per day

What the hell man? Why?

>implying

because I'm a degenerate

I don't really like it anymore I just watch it because I've watched so much of it that stopping now would be a waste of time
>hurr durr sunk-cost fallacy
I know shut up

My work hours are brutal because I'm an insecure fuck who needs to be the most successful guy he knows
its a self-inflicted injury, but hey, atleast I can jack off to cute anime girls

Won me over as a kid because I thought it told better stories on average, meaning more inspirational and more relatable.

More inspirational because it had all that idealistic friendship stuff and classic storytelling structure.

More relatable because there were more hints of romantic interest between the characters. I don't know about y'all, but I started having crushes in first grade. Like, every year I'd have a new crush and it was one of the funnest things about school, so I liked anime for tending to represent that stuff more on its shows. The serial nature of the shows also let me follow the relationships more.

I keep watching anime today basically for more of that stuff, though I don't actually watch new anime. The newest one I have watched is Oreimo. Loved it of course.

Basically this

because everything in anime is very blatant and in your face.

inner monologues etc explain exactly what the character is thinking and doing. in western media fucking EVERYTHING is "you just don't get it!" and they chalk it up to it being "deep" and instead it is just poor writing because they can't think of how to finish anything.

they are also more fun, very colorful, and heavy sexualized. fuck 3dpd garbage

there is also tons of new content every season currently and even when old stuff gets new subs its new content.

because cute sisters will fuck their brothers and i can watch

i don't.i just watch anime to make fun of plebs.

Because it's nice to watch other people's stories unfold right in front of you, strife and struggles an successes and embarrassments and cuteness and relationships and all.

Because I'm terrible at making friends so I just sit at home all day.

Because you don't get these types of stories anywhere else, at least not in an easily digestible visual format. Anime is incredibly diverse but still has a huge industry and market behind it. Imagine if you could say that about any western television format, what a beautiful world that would be.

There are also really specific reasons having to do with the differences in Japanese culture (I'm not a weaboo I swear, lots of shit in Japanese culture is terrible):

American culture over the last couple decades has glorified conflict more and more. Remember in Star Wars how the main characters spent the first film growing together as friends, and then were just friends for the rest of the trilogy? You can't do that anymore. If you have more than one protagonist in your story then there has to be betrayal between them. Just look at all the big blockbusters now, look at Avengers. Every film has to have the same dysfunctional family dynamic, and if it doesn't then it's considered immature. The only shows which can have friends who stand together against adversity are cartoons for children. This is the reason nerds are driven to shit like My Little Pony, because they're starved for friendship in their media. Anyway, anime doesn't really have this hangup, and when I started watching a lot of anime I realized how much I had been starved for portrayals of friendship in media.

It took me at least a decade of existential reflection and depression before I came to terms with the inherent meaninglessness of my own existence. American culture had foisted upon me the notion that I was meant to accomplish something with my life. I was lied to. Now I can't help but think that if I had been raised on mono no aware and iyashikei then my psyche wouldn't be hobbled by those pressures.

I come back home from my stressful jobs. Watching cute girls doing cute things (Yuru Yuri) relaxes me

It has an extremely unique presentation, is visually appealing to me, and the huge diversity of different anime shows allows me to pick and choose what I like. I'm convinced that people who "don't like anime" just haven't found the right anime for them, there's so much out there.

It's sort of like a novelty that hooked me as a child, and its appeal has never worn off on me. I'm not hugely into it, but I do pick and choose certain ones that I absolutely love and watch every episode multiple times.

This.

I need it to distract myself from real life matters.

Also so I can experience things vicariously that I could never in real life.

I just want full VR to get here already.

had severe depression after some shit a few years ago, animu helped me get through it.

now, I watch for the qts

There is nothing else left in my life.

It makes every morning Saturday morning.

Because it makes me laugh

It can do a lot of stuff live action can't do. It also dares do a lot of stuff live action doesn't.

It's fun.

i like japan

I haven't watched an entire series in over a year.

Send help.

GIRUGAMESH

and guy bang

Life sucks, it's like drugs but with insanity rather than body malfunction

It's fun. I like western animation as well, though.

I dunno LOL

you came here to post "scape"?

Do it. Install mpv right now and get something from nyaa.se, i dare you

I'm terrified of women so I watch anime to get my fill of cute girls and romance

This pretty much

Because Kirino is a miracle of the universe.

I like cartoons since they are really easy to watch but only a few ongoing western cartoons are good so I watch more anime. Anime is 95% garbage so I watch the 5 percent that's good and sift through the garbage that might be actually decent basing on word of mouth. I have also seen all the relevant animated movies ever made that I could watch using the internet.

Also seasonal anime ain't that bad compared to say Yearly summer blockbusters. I can easily say I have seen TV anime from this year that are far better made and more competent than Jason Bourne, Suicide Squad and Tarzan.

/thread

Because I can't escape it. I've been watching it since I was 7 and I have never been able to escape it. I periodically become addicted to it, too.