Traffic accidents out of control: 40,000 people dead from traffic accidents

>New preliminary 2016 data shared Wednesday from the National Safety Council estimates that as many as 40,000 people died in motor vehicles crashes last year, a 6% rise from 2015. If those numbers bear out, it would be a 14% increase in deaths since 2014, the biggest two-year jump in more than five decades

Why are drivers so insane? Here in Chicago, any time I leave my house, people are all riding each other's bumpers going over 20 M.P.H. the speed limit with wall-to-wall traffic. The road rage is just completely over the top.

I have been told by other people who live in other places that the traffic and road rage is just as bad.

Is it the economy? Are people angry about Trump? What is causing this exactly?

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2017/02/15/traffic-deadliest-year/
citylab.com/transportation/2015/10/the-geography-of-car-deaths-in-america/410494/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Link:

fortune.com/2017/02/15/traffic-deadliest-year/

>Americans think traffic is a race

It's all the illegals. Things in the Portland/Vancouver area have gotten significantly worse over the last 5 years. Very noticeable, and friends and relatives have commented on it as well.

Take any population that's functioning normally for some task, add 10s of thousands of 80-IQ shitskins that don't understand common courtesy, and things will be wrecked.

I dunno man, white people here in Chicago are just as bad as the shit-skins

In fact, the illegal Mexicans seem to be more careful because they don't want to fuck up and get deported.

The middle-easterners are really bad though. I got rear-ended by some disgusting Paki, and he just drove away.

It's always a race to work

This right here, we don't have the city planning or resources to accompdate these millions of foreigners.

Honestly, Americans can't drive.

I'm in Oklahoma, and I saw a guy do a U-turn on a fucking highway. People tailgate for no real reason, like in Europe people tailgate because it's rush hour and they need to get somewhere, but here in the US, a person will come in the middle of the night and ride your bumper for no reason, he won't even overtake.

It's like they're oblivious.

My favourite is seeing women using their smartphones on the steering wheels.

Jesus Christ America. Stop letting 16 year olds get their license.

t. danefag who had to get an American license after losing his own. Took me a 20 question """"""test""""" and a 5 minute practical """""exam""""" in my own vehicle.

lack
of public
transportation
that's it

40.000? we MUST IMMEDIATELY BAN CARS

Illegals tend to drive in a way that creates other traffic incidents akin to how old people drive - it's always very slow, overly-defensive, and methodical because none of them have car insurance (that goes for legal ones too, Mexicans just often don't bother with it) and could end up in bigger trouble due to their status. That, as any driver knows, causes almost just as many problems - if not more - than people speeding or driving like assholes because now you have someone going 20 in a 45 that nobody expects, creating miles of traffic on freeways by going way under in a faster lane, never fucking changing lanes after turning signal on and having room because they're too scared and so take forever, etc.

ban cars

Accomodating them isn't the issue, the fact that they are unable to function is an issue.

Ask yourself why, aside from Japan, EVERY nonwhite country has higher traffic/lower work rates.

Nah man I moved to Chicago in 2010, the traffic was pretty tame.

People didn't just tail each other for no reason. From about 2013-2016 it's like the average driver radicalized and now they just randomly tail you for absolutely no reason at 3 A.M. on an empty road and try to run you off the road.

It's like it's become a cultural norm or some shit.

Foreigners always have the most worthless opinions. Your anecdotes aren't useful lad

>somebody will fall for this and end up buried in somebody's basement

Cells phones and shit drivers. Driving test was a fucking joke, took 5 minutes, and the worst thing I did was a stupid fucking turnabout. Plus we allow women to drive, which really vamps up the accident ratings because dumb fucking bimbos think they can drive half a foot off your backside while 10mph over the speed limit already. Really makes you think.

>People tailgate for no real reason, like in Europe people tailgate because it's rush hour and they need to get somewhere, but here in the US, a person will come in the middle of the night and ride your bumper for no reason

How is it possible to overtake someone in front of you, fucktard?

You're one of those shitsuckers that goes slow in the passing lane, refuses to get over when reasonable drivers catch up to them, then acts offended when you get tailgated or passed on the right.

I hate you, deeply and personally. You deserve worse than death. Perhaps worse than anyone in Earth's history could devise.

PROTIP: If someone catches you on the freeway they are going faster than you. GET THE FUCK OVER

Bro as a new otr truck driver I was blown away how many ppl I see killed everyday and no one really cares.

Because Japan has a high functioning system of public transport

user I am sorry to say I agree with you. I have no fucking idea why people in Cook County are speed freaks for one block and then slam on the brakes at each stop sign. Race you to red lights too. WTF? Meds? Phones? Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

It's time to ban cars! Car control is the solution.

That's an interesting opinion. So outside perspectives are worthless in your view? Must be nice living in a shit little bubble. I know for a fact that you're an angry little neckbeard, since all Americans I've met so far are friendly.

Dude it's fucking absurd, I can't fucking believe it.

It wasn't like this even 5 years ago. What the fuck happened? Lake County is just as bad too. It's like people want to run you off the road at all times of the day no matter what.

They aren't even getting anywhere faster. Like you said, they fucking race you to the red light. Sometimes somebody will be tailing me, so I'll move over and let them go around, then they go in front of me and slow down.

It's fucking bizarre. It's like a form of aggression or something. I have also noticed a larger influx of people who appear to be mentally ill as well. Are a shit-ton of people on medications? Almost every person I know (mainly the women) are on anti-depressants.

Nah it isn't always someone slow in the turn lane. Few times a night, I get tailed in the slow lane already going 10mph. People are just fucking cunts for no reason. When I was in the Army, I used to drive to and from my hometown since I was stationed just 4 hours away, and every time I got rode despite having the passing lane wide open, going 80mph.

Yeah except the danefag is completely correct.

People have begun tailing you for absolutely no reason at 3 A.M. on empty backroads no matter how fast/slow you're going. I have heard this from people across the country.

It's really bad here in Los Angeles. I almost had to fight a nigger for making eye contact.

name?

Literally aging boomers and increased immigrant population. The Awans, when they were not servicing a direct data pipeline from the most sensitive committees in Congress straight to the Pakistani ISI, piled up traffic violations which they never paid.

Just to clarify, I was just looking out my window, and he somehow took offense to this.

>gun control and car ban would save many Americans but at the same time ruin the US economy

What do?

And pajeet and other 3rd worlders, the Chinese are especially bad. I quit riding motorbikes because it's too dangerous, and I was a motorcycle courier so I don't get my jimmies rustled on the road easily either.

Here ALL of the truck drivers are Africans, or Indians - they crash flat out and kill countless locals but our msm has flat out stopped reporting on it.

It's especially conspicuous because Australia had a massive fetish for reporting road deaths and how issuing fines saved us from said tragedy.

The reality is; if you import 3rd world people they'll do 3rd world things. It's actually racist not to acknowledge this because it's part of their culture to drive like morons.

T. Lived in many 3rd world nations for aprox 5 years

Overpopulation and inescapable urban clustering.

100% smartphones.

Every bitch I see behind the wheel is constantly glancing down.

I don't get it. I don't get what is with the phone that you can't set it down for a few minutes to get to your destination..

America just has an absurd amount of drivers + miles driven.

We're not that bad when adjusting for miles driven.

But it really is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Car accidents are the #1 killer of good innocent healthy people in America. This number needs to fucking go down. I'm hoping for Tesla/Google to save us and get some kind of self driving technology out there.

It will be huge

I meant my post for but accidentally responded to OP.

Yeah that's bullshit. At that point, just take your foot off the gas. Eventually they'll notice and pass you or you'll both end up stopped. Never had anyone take it that far.

There's nothing I hate on Earth more than people going slow in the passing lane. They're worse than Jews. Fucking energy parasites.

dude I don't think it's specifically any age-group or race.

From the moment I leave my house, I am getting tailed and everybody around me are tailing each other. When I check who is tailing me, it is people of all races/ages/classes.

35 year old women, middle aged white men, hispanics, and pakis/indians.

Hey asshole, you're exactly the fucker everyone is talking about m. You pass on the left, I don't have to fucking move if I'm in the slow or travel lane, YOU'RE going too fast and should be in the fast lane.

You're probably one of those faggots who doesn't even use their turn signals anymore like everyone else. I'd kill people like you if I had the chance

I usually go 5mph slower every 10 seconds till they get the point

>The cocaine is wearing off!! It's WEARING OFF

You sir are a bad driver, and I bet you've never been over 200kmh, slow poke.

>Taps brakes

user...It's like this every year. Think about this. 40k is pretty standard. Why?..because of idiot selfish and self absorbed drivers.

Seen to many accidents in my day. One of them involved a soccer mom with external luggage. Snow coming down and most of us were in the right lame. She storms by in the left lane at about 5omph whereas we are all going about 20. She flipped her mini-van into the median and the kids went flying all over the place. I was a first responder to that scene...if she wasn't seriously hurt, I would have wanted to make sure she was.

Over population is immigration, our countries have been at negative birth rates for years now.

citylab.com/transportation/2015/10/the-geography-of-car-deaths-in-america/410494/

Not sure about Australia, but that theory doesn't seem to hold in America.

>drive 20 over
>its not good enough for literally anyone, even the fucking semis are passing me so they can go 22 over

Sad!

Lol dude no it has gotten worse in the last few years.

I see car accidents happen CONSTANTLY. I have been the only witness to multiple car accidents and had to call 911 multiple times.

I have never had this happen in my entire life until the last couple years. Drivers have become way more insane. People just drive dangerously out of anger for no reason.

Gun crime is almost all nonwhite. People deliberately avoid public transit because of niggers. The solution is obvious.

Lol. I almost always drive in the passing lane unless I'm exiting or it's icy or something. I never tailgate anyone unless they're in the passing lane and refuse to get over. And yes I signal, every time.

Also lived overseas for years. Turkey, Korea, the Azores, Iraq. People don't realize how retarded 3rd worlders actually are if they haven't been there themselves.

>going 25 over
>the soccer mom behind you is in an absolute rage because she wants to go 26 over
>rides your bumper for 3 minutes straight going 70 MPH
>you let her go around
>she decides she doesn't want to go 25 over anymore

Happens every single day.

A politician should really address the out-of-control driving. It is fucking absurd and police need to crack down on bad drivers, even though I even see the fucking police tailing people now

I would say it may have something to do with the part of the country your are in...but nah..you are on to something.

I drive a lot at times between sites. It cracks me up to see 10 cars within a mile of me and they are all bumper to bumper at 80+. I am like, really? plenty of room out here people.

If you trust how each state and then each region within the state is reporting on road deaths. They intentionally misreport the stats to stay within their departmental kpi (key performance indicators) for funding and reasons.

I don't trust my gubberment stats at all, so I'm purely speculating on what I saw as a courier and a daily driver. It's very rare to see white australians sperg out on the road due to incompetent driving, we were super strict on giving out licenses to locals but we hand them out freely to ''''new'''' Australians

Wonder how much is fraud

Third World Driving Patterns. If there is a one car length leeway in the next lane the modern Cook County driver is genetically or chemically programmed to change lanes. Pulling out to the right on the expressway/tollway and driving in the entry ramp merging lanes for 250 feet to get ahead of six cars in front. Second City Cop blogspot has commented at times on this syndrome. Place is fucked.

DUDE! Those are the idiots who drive with focus on your taillights. They ain't gonna pass. They freak once they don't have that focus. Happens all the time. Ride your ass at 70/80 and slow down to 60 once you move over and slow down. They are clueless

If women weren't allowed to drive, the death toll would be reduced by 2/3rds.

No dude that is the thing

Even if there is room, people are still fucking tailing each other for no reason. They are just angry you are alive and driving a car at the same time they are alive and driving a car

That's what brake checking is for. Make the dumb bitch spill her pumpkin spice latte.

This x10, you can't un see that stuff, when I was in Vietnam a lot of cities would only allow trucks in after dark because it was known generally that their brakes probably don't work.

So it's best to only have them on the roads when everyone is asleep or the market/any crowded place might get wiped out again. Emphasis on again

>Those are the idiots who drive with focus on your taillights. They ain't gonna pass. They freak once they don't have that focus.

What on earth are you talking about? What would be the point of doing this?

Man I'm about to give up road motorcycle riding too and stick to offroad. It's a gauntlet out there, even riding super defensively.
>riding moto on city streets
>see car up ahead weaving around, late braking like an absolute bastard
>feel like he's going to rear end the car in front every stop
>also slow to take off from stops/lights
>am able to get up along side him
>he's on instagram scrolling and commenting on shit
>get up to next light, his window is rolled down
>say to him "you know you're going to kill someone while using that cell someday"
>"I know" is his reply, and he goes back to his phone
>mfw

Dude fuck that

People are so nuts they'll just run into the back of your car, I don't risk doing break checking to make a point

That's illegal in many states. Sic the cops on him.

It's fucking terrifying! I still have my old r1 but I haven't ridden in it over a year, and I only ride dirt during the week now cos we have hoards of outdoorsman pajeet driving 4wds on the trails.

I'm thinking of just riding at the mx track soon, at least till I can afford to move far away from the brown hoards.

this thread has officially made me sad im logging off and going to bed good night

That's why you just do a brief half second tap and then accelerate. It generally gets the message across.

They don't care, the cops here at least just collect taxes via fines. There's absolutely no way they'd follow up a complaint about someone using insta and driving.

I'm assuming the USA is under this kinda management too..

Given the amount of accidents as well as terrorist attacks using vehicles, I see no alternative but to take immediate action:

1. ban all private vehicles, they are to be scrapped or given to minorities for free
2. build only self-drive cars, with the help of google.
3. have a temporary rental system whereby citizens can pay to use those self-drive cars for a single journey.
4. to make things easier, each person can receive a free chip from the government so the self-drive cars can recognise who is using them.
5. citizens found using racist or anti-semetic language will have their vehicle renting rights removed - having their chip blacklisted.

Problem solved, no more accidents.

Screenshot this post, it's coming.

People are in a hurry because they think their lives matter
Solved it for ya OP

driving is for cucks. ride a bike, on the sidewalk, creeping really slowly. that's cool as fuck man

Absolutely not enforced.

Cops in the US actually lurk under bridges and overpasses like trolls, isssuing traffic tickets to passing cars. There are some small towns on major highways that derive a significant portion of their police budget from that. They will absolutely go after someone driving dangerously, since that's often also a drunk or a criminal.

Don't let her pass, wait for an empty stretch of road - force her off the road but make it look like bad driving instead of intentional.
Leave the car and scratch your head, look clueless.
Wait for her to leave her car and start screaming at you.
Then punch her in the face, rip off her clothes and fuck her in the anus until she's pregnant.

Note: pregnancy usually occurs after 3-4 thrusts in the anus.

In France it was 3,500 last year, 1,800 in Britain, 3,200 in Germany, 3,400 in Italy.

So let's say it's an average of 3,000 for 60 million people. America should at least be able to go below the 15,000 bar.

BAN ASSAULT VEHICLES NOW

I have no idea what the purpose is. There are people who just focus on your taillights. That is what they focus on when they drive. I play with them every once in a while when I know I have to turn. I'll bring them right with me. Pay attention to those people who are tailing you and you just may find that some of them are only focusing on the back of your car. It's not that they want to pass you...it's not that they want to go faster...it's that you are their guide. Switch lanes and watch what happens sometimes. They may slow down because now they do not have a car to follow...or maybe you can trick them into something.

Pay attention to those riding your azz when you are driving. Most of the time it is someone needing a guide.

Anyone else RAM and back off... Way off?

Cars have gotten safer so people think they're invincible. Put a big fuck off metal spike right on the steering wheel and everyone will act like they're driving Miss Daisy, but sell people a dozen airbags and "top of the line" safety features and they'll be testing those features out first hand in no time.

Also importing shitty drivers. Like others have said go to any 3rd world country and the driving sucks, because they don't care about other people, life is cheap. When you importing 3rd worlders you're importing people who don't give a shit how many people die on the road and what that means for the larger community, they just want toget where they have to be.

Hah speaking of being used as a guide I noticed when ever I am crossing a street and the driver can't see because of glare from the sun or cars parked too close to the corner they watch me to see when I'm crossing to know it's safe

American 16 year olds actually have strict licensing requirements requirements unlike adults because politicians would face fierce opposition if DMVs clamped down on the adult requirements. I was talking to a German friend and the requirements for getting my license at 16 was similar to what Germans go through (I'm American).

BAN
ASSAULT
CARS

The real culprit is impeding... especially on a 1 lane highway. This causes more problems than anything else. Everyone knows that speeding is illegal, but since faggot cops don't enforce it with the same fervor of speeding, impeding is often not observed or even known of.

Impeding causes road rage. You never know what someone else is dealing with on the road. People have legitimate emergencies and get in a hurry for a variety of reasons. You are required by law to use the first available pull-out when 4 or more cars are stacked up behind you... NO MATTER THE SPEED LIMIT! The law states it as "The normal flow of traffic." In other words, if people are behind you GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY SHITHEADS!!!

t. Doubles, Triples, Hazmat endorsed CDL driver on the Oregon coast who doesn't give a fuck that you've never seen the ocean.

Good way to pop your radiator ;^) I recommend trying this, remember the heat gauge is just trying to delay you so when it's in the red.. go harder

Calm down lol

too many asians on the road. They surely cant see as well out of slant eyes

1,800 in britain, with 70 million people.
Meaning about 1,500 per 60 million.

In germany there are about 80 million.
Which means about 2,400 per 60 million.

Italy has 60 million, meaning 3,400.

France has 66 million, meaning about 3,200 per 60 million.

The average therefore between those four countries, would be 2,625 per 60 million, with the romance language speakers heavily biasing the mean.
For the Northern European two, England and Germany, the truer mean would be 1,950.

The USA has around 300 million people.
Their figure would work out to be 8,000 per 60 million.

Four times the amount of Northern europe. Over five times the amount of England.

Proof that the USA is a third world country, given that that rate of deaths is higher than countries such as Panama or the Phillipines.

The more useful number is deaths per billion km driven, rather than per capita. Americans spend a lot more time driving.

Texting and driving has gotten so horrible. It's a daily occurrence seeing retards texting when the lights are green, swerving on the roads and driving 10mph below the speed limit because a phone is in their hands.

>britcuck trying this hard to make himself feel better about his country

There are 26 million men in the UK, and they are all cucks

I would expect that important factors would include:
population intelligence,
climate,
sufficient wealth to provide adequate infrastructure,
difficulty and strictness for obtaining a license.

Since the USA is wealthy, and has a variable climate, the factors remaining would be intelligence and the test difficulty.

i was so terrified from the traffic in my school. it was all black and mexican. i hate niggers so much but i gotta admit its those mexicans who drive like shit for the most part. at least thats the case in my area. glad i graduated already

It's distractions. There's billboards everywhere designed to garner attention, electronic gadgets to fiddle with in your car, lack of proper driving standards and cellphones.
No matter how many god damn ads they put out about not driving while fucking around with your coffee/cellphone/eating people still do it and kill others.
Until the day they make it mandatory to have a camera on you while driving at all times people will continue this stupid shit and get away with it.

This is exactly what happened here

Can't speak for chinks because I don't live in hongcouver, but there's tons of pajeets now and every night I can hear them racing through the downtown core going 150+ in a 50, sometimes cops get them, but usually they don't.

What especially annoys me though, is that they also drive like this in the residential areas and school zones. It's not enough to do it on the main roads. Oh no, they've got to do this shit during the day in neighborhoods were it isn't unusual for kids to be playing road hockey or walking to/from the elementary school

these fucking immigrants turn everything to shit

>go on Sup Forums before work
>"gas the kikes, race war now"
>grab your things and head out to your self-driving car
>doors lock when you get in
>car drives you to the government's new incinerator railroad for subversives
>never heard from again.

Or they'll just drive you into a lamp post. Still working out those software bugs! Or, there were two old ladies in the road!

Don't feel too bad, that puts it at just over 13 deaths per 100,000.
While in some countries in africa it varies between 4,000 and 8,000+ per 100,000 vehicles in use.
Meaning you more or less have a 1 in 10 chance of a car killing you every year.

Still, being compared to africa isn't such an honour. Though it is an accurate one, with around 40 million blacks living comfortably in america, beaten only by brasil with 50.
Both of which are more blacks than most african countries.

It is, actually

It'll happen once driverless cars have been a thing for a few years. They'll up the requirements for a drivers' license, you'll have to get tested more regularly, you'll have to pay higher insurance rates, and cars with manual drive will be more expensive

then one day there'll be some guy manually driving a car into a bunch of elementary kids and manual driving will be banned

of course, every self-driving car will come with a 'safety system' that will automatically shut it down if a cop presses a button, and the government can shut down all transportation across an entire city with a few keystrokes

Which won't be abused, no way.

It'll be mandatory soon enough

I think it's a great thing, and I have nothing to hide. Only criminals, terrorists and hebephiles would be worried about a thing like this.

>be britcuck
>get married
>paki defiles your gap-toothed wife on the altar and throws acid in her face
>the entire congregation begins applauding

It's really sad, but.. I guess this must've been where we were heading by continuing the system we had/have. I'm hoping btc crushes our currency so the incentive to move here and Canada is gone.

They're only here for the money, that and we don't flog them like the Arabs do.

You're relying on pic related to collect and compile ALL of the road toll stats honestly and accurately. Call me crazy, but maybe relying on Abdul hi vis is a bit of a leap of faith...

This is what a diverse society looks like.

Everyone is retarded/violent/crazy.

Enjoy the cultural enrichment.