Alderamin

New episode today, preview:
youtube.com/watch?v=7nmT_yb6JPM

>thrown broken sword pierces steel helmet

What the fuck is the point of wearing armor in this series?

He is pretty cute.

Indeed, he is.

cute

I want to protect that smile

BUT THAT'S UNSCIENTIFIC!

so this is filler or anime original? i read manga, there is no this part

It's something that happens in a later novel.

This shota is fucking mothers.

wow no one cares about this show I guess

It's pretty bad. Also, I hate every character that's relevant enough to actually do things/have a personality.

Read the translated manga and it doesn't really seem too good overall.

The catch seems to be a super strategist in a strictly structured military attaining fame and achievements.
The downside is that the screenwriter/original author doesn't seem to have too much knowledge about military organisations both on a national level and platoon level.

Also some small things annoy me to no end,
such as nobody figuring out that guns can be used at long range,
or the main character claiming everything is "unscientific".

Sure, it's better than other LN(?) adaptations of military strategists I've seen,
but adding another shit show to the bucket doesn't really inspire me.

Volume 7.

5 minutes til next episode.

>it's a character driven flashback episode about shitty characters no one likes
That's 20 minutes I won't have to waste this week

Fuck off, Yatori is best girl.

Tell me, how many volumes are going to go through the *ss?

I CARE

After last week's literally *teleports behind u* *unsheathes katana* fight I can't take her seriously anymore. Doesn't help that she seems perfectly content to serve the unabashedly evil empire after being confronted with how fucking awful everything about it is like 3 time per episode every episode, but that's everyone in this show so I can't really hold it against her.

Ryuujin no ken wo kurae yourself.

>no hime this episode
Not worth it.

Remind me again how we got this but not gunka no baltzar?

Not even same publisher.

I think the only time I wasn't hoping she'd die was when Ikta saved her from drowning.

When Ikta told her that being made a knight basically ruined his life and her reply was basically "yea what u gon do about it bitch" and then she started getting all proud of how she knew about his family drama my hatred towards her exploded, and when they cut to like a month later and she's acting all cute and buddy buddy with Ikta and he reciprocates with some animu romcom reactions that hatred spread to the author for being a fucking hack.

Last episode when she saw a bunch of good men get slaughtered by girl Kirito for trying to get their revenge on her mustache curling evil and corrupt family and reacted with a WAAAH BAKA IKTA BAKAAAA that would have embarrassed a tsundere from the trashiest early 2000s romcom I really questioned why I made it past episode 3.

It's a shame because there have been multiple scene with the potential for interesting outcomes, but it looks like the author is 100% dedicated to making this as awful as he can.

The only thing that keeps me going is knowledge that redhead bitch dies.

hahaaa, that happens? I stopped reading the pmanga and haven watched the anime, but that makes me happy

>Not a single fedora edit yet

Only like 10 people are watching this show and 8 seem to hate it. Don't expect much.

So you are implying that taking time to mock something you hate is the unscientific way to act?

I'm saying that no one cares about this show enough to take 2 minutes to paste a fedora on a screencap

>In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

But she's really cute, user

This smug lab bitch.

They even managed to fuck up the character designs for the anime, so she's not that cute. They're really trying to make this as bad as possible.

If you don't like then don't watch.

But then what will I complain about on Sup Forums

Who's the cuter loli, Yatori or hime?

6 episodes dedicated for volume 1 which the worst one in the series and only 5 for volume 2 and 3.

Based GOAThouse delivering us another Mahou Sensou.

Be cute, get shot.

Literally nothing wrong

>fantasy world
>japanese cuisine

Are you saying that the LN princess looks better than ?

The LN designs look like shit from what I'm seeing.

Prostitute mom

>fantasy world
>everyone uses japanese honorifics

Well ill be damned

>Are you saying that the LN princess looks better than ?
No, because the LN art is probably drawn by some 16 year old amateur for 50 yen a pop. That doesn't excuse the anime's designs though.

almost butt
shes cute

8 episode. 6-9 vol 2. 10-13 vol 3

He's too young to have such lewd thoughts.

That's by the old artist you moron. This is how she looks right now.

Why the fuck aren't they fucking each others brains out every night

I didn't post that one because I didn't know it was the princess.

Anyway, I thought the guy I was responding to felt the LN or Manga princess was cuter than the anime, which I wanted to prove was wrong.

that was a really good episode, i wish they would become lovers

also, what did she mean by this

I feel you, but I'm still enjoying it.

I guess that's the "shit taste" that I hear so much about.

Also, Yatori a bestest, specially covered in tomato sauce.

I can't say why exactly but I'm not a fan of the anime designs either. I'm all for trying new things and not just going for the generic anime look of whatever decade we're on, but this time it didn't work out. Maybe it's the colorless swollen lips? But I think there's also something wrong with the eyes. I dunno, they just look kinda off.

This.

A part of me really wants to like this show - since the author has obviously read his Clausewitz (even though he didn't really understand it, given the stupid chess metaphor he keeps throwing around), but the main character is pretty much the definition of a gary stu and the other characters aren't helping either.

would you a spirit?

She has a martyr boner.

why does the OP sound so similar to Gate's?

Shit shows sound alike.

Because of the woow wowo wow

Let's hope someone from PETA doesn't watch this episode jesus.

I think a backstory episode like this was necessary though to see what they've been through because they are clearly really close.

Good episode but I don;t think nearly mass murdering them all was needed.

She looks like a baboon in the anime.

I had high hopes for this after it had shown a hint of ambivalence in regards to not dehumanising the enemies of the republic. However, the incredibly annoying main character keeps spouting platitudes at his hapless surroundings in a snotty fashion, providing a power fantasy for 15 year olds. And who could blame him? Apparently, he's the only one with even half a brain and the only source of knowledge in his world was his teacher who however never bothered to share it with anyone but him. The show covers itself in the garments of maturity, attempting to show a grim reality of warfare, but fails due to the portrayal of the leading characters. Overall, it's a major disappointment.

yea I agree

Those wolves were really fucking smart

>The show covers itself in the garments of maturity
Are you the LN author? You managed to perfectly capture the special kind of cringe I get from watching this shit.

It's called pottery. A pleb like you wouldn't understand.

Shitty shoujo anime.

it is only shoujo if the red head cuts off her hair

make you wonder how he turned into a mother fucker

The author decided to try to appeal to the crowd that calls any male protagonist who doesn't fuck anything that moves a beta cuck faggot etc. by making him a smooth ladies' man off camera.

>old artist
What, is another LN where the artist is not the same through the whole series?

What kind of shit is that? Why would they do something like that.

>inb4 the artist is ded.

>I'm the bone of my sword

Did he get a fedoraboner this episode or the next?

they pay for 10 drawings or so
so next time the artist might be busy with something else and don't want to deal with it for a few yens

I wanted to enjoy this until I read novel summaries

>15 year olds
Stop reading right there. Seems like you don't even know what life expectancy is, and think anime is real so 15 years old should be doing anything else but work.

So they probably didn't even have the intention to keep publishing it to the very end. Maybe some kind of insurance since some series are not continued anymore.

I'm not going to argue since the new artist seems better.

>last week's literally *teleports behind u* *unsheathes katana* fight
Glad I'm not the only one who thought of this. The guy was surrounded by his men and she just appears behind him without any of them doing anything. It's probably another case of the LN not giving a fuck about explaining action sequences and the studio not caring enough to put any sort of effort into fixing it.

Can you share some spoilers? At this point I'd rather just know what happens, but I don't care enough to go look for summaries.