.Sup Forums MUSIC - 80'S EDITION

I'd like to start one of these threads because of like to know what people like here musically or just give me links to you politically themed music. I chose some 80s tracks as I find them more accessable to most people.

First up, the classic, Tears for Fears track, 'everybody wants to rule the world.'

For me it gets more true every time I listen. I paticularly like the line, "all for freedom and for pleasure, nothing ever lasts for ever..." as I find it so true and prophetic of the modern world.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddi2TBnzdPo
youtube.com/watch?v=457N1m4oUZw
hooktube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fI8AIuOFzZk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=La4Dcd1aUcE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_mlUSI5-Jhk
youtube.com/watch?v=j6kUZjN-9Gc
youtube.com/watch?v=hbBKq6ppzgM
youtube.com/watch?v=kHay_Uf6008
m.youtube.com/watch?v=svVaEWQaoSo
youtube.com/watch?v=6uvF-emJDSI
youtube.com/watch?v=bf4x36XKhsM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-T2PawPyf0
youtu.be/yARVs1ZNLjU
youtu.be/O-UPegjSFqA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mfI1S0PKJR8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=93sCH85732o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d5XJ2GiR6Bo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRJFvtvTGEk
youtube.com/watch?v=tbkOZTSvrHs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=olU40fxAXZs&layout=mobile&client=mv-google&skipcontrinter=1
youtu.be/SVHj64ltMb8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULeDlxa3gyc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

got to /m/, you faggot

Next up, a song called 'silent running' (not based on the 1972 film of the same name) which is a piece not intended for political means and more a sci-fi song about a man fron the future leaving a message to his wife in the past as a warning of a dystopia future. Which is why ive chosen it: dystopia. gained some notoriety in the UK because of the line "there's a gun and ammunition just beside the doorway..." which I find preety pathetic.

^^^ Oops forgot the link m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddi2TBnzdPo

youtube.com/watch?v=457N1m4oUZw

Welp, britbong starts out with a shit Top40 shitsong from one of the decades worst shit britbongfag groups.
Let me give you a hand here
> hooktube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

MEGA DRIVE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fI8AIuOFzZk

Next up, 99 luftballons. I prefer the German version as it's delivered more passionately I feel. m.youtube.com/watch?v=La4Dcd1aUcE

Heres a song by Modern Talking, some of you might recognize this from /k/ threads as a song that plays over a Soviet convoy during there war in afganistan. From a documentary called 'AFGHAN: the Soviet experience.'

^^^Shit forgot again m.youtube.com/watch?v=_mlUSI5-Jhk

youtube.com/watch?v=j6kUZjN-9Gc

OP needs an 8ball of coke. But seriously, 80s music is super comfy. Keep posting jams famalam

Are you stupid or acting like it?

Just go to new retro wave-channel in yt for your 80's style synth fix.
Invsble city - Neon Crusader
youtube.com/watch?v=hbBKq6ppzgM

youtube.com/watch?v=kHay_Uf6008

Cheers mate. This ones going out to you. (Though I'm not much bothered by poverty ect the time is super snazzy and it was a bit burton issue for the time in MY and other major cities) m.youtube.com/watch?v=svVaEWQaoSo

Damn straight

youtube.com/watch?v=6uvF-emJDSI

reminded me...
youtube.com/watch?v=bf4x36XKhsM

good movie, too

My dad punched Axl Rose in the face back in the early 80's. He used to frequent the whiskey a lot in LA, he thought he was a fucking God, then my dad slept him after he went on stage two hours later at the US festival or whatever concert that was

Heres one of my all time favorite songs, which may not be political to some ears but to me speaks of conformity and buckling to status quo. Whilst that's not something in find of doing it definitely makes a smashing time and is 'Japan's' magnum opus. m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-T2PawPyf0

Guns N Roses is fag music

Not exactly 1980's since its from 1990 but close enough
youtu.be/yARVs1ZNLjU
Here's one from 1980
youtu.be/O-UPegjSFqA

Contributing

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=mfI1S0PKJR8

Heres two tracks for all you ww2 fans out there. The first one, called remembrance day is a suprisingly upbeat song although it's lyrics are anything but. Some critisied B-movie for this song as direspectful to ww2 vets but i feel it's very moving for a new romantic take on such a heavy source material.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=93sCH85732o
The same goes for this second track by ELO as a pop track but the diffrence here is ot feels like a nice downplay on the hiroshima bomber, more like the musician was just having fun with the peice but the lyrics have a sort of tounge in cheek feel as well .

m.youtube.com/watch?v=d5XJ2GiR6Bo

Not very fond of this track by paul hardcastle (one of his only major hits btw and just a UK #1 for a month or so) but the music video is very good and stylish. Also suprised those IT AIN'T ME Vietnam flaahback memers don't use this one more in there threads!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRJFvtvTGEk

allow oz's finest bring you hope Sup Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=tbkOZTSvrHs

Big tune

Heres a little odd one from a german band called DAF. I first heard it in an excellent film called 'The Guest' and this can video has the best quality plus quite a funny video. Enjoy!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=olU40fxAXZs&layout=mobile&client=mv-google&skipcontrinter=1

I solely listen to gaichi x eurobeat mixes

youtu.be/SVHj64ltMb8

Heres a period peice frombthe 80's.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULeDlxa3gyc

Fun fact, alot of yuppies in the UK unironically had this as an anthem to there decadence back in the day. Sometimes you hear them singing in drunkly at kicking out time from the bars, pubs and clubs. Paticularly popular with the Birmingham rich and famous.