youtube.com/watch?v=aiJEdqxf7R4
youtube.com/watch?v=FXcjKC7fT3A
style.nikkei.com/article/DGXKZO03585360U6A610C1NZDP01
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbolt_Fantasy#Characters
desuarchive.org/a/thread/144879047
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>put name transliterations in the OP
>use different names in the show

Anyone have a translation of the Phoenix Killer's chuuni poem?

Are the CG effects done in Taiwan or Japan?
Is there any way to distinguish Chinese and Japanese names?

CG is done in Taiwan by pili

If I google Xi You I get Journey To The West

Is Sho Fu from Mongolia?

This.
Why wasn't translated this time?

Holy shit, Ken, stop being so based.

puppet shit is not anime

He's from the land west of the iron curtain while the show takes place in the east.

Is it wrong if I think that doll is hot?

>iron curtain
Churchill please.

What a cunt.
Best doll.

>best boy in charge of not being best

It was too difficult to translate.

It has an official manga faggot. It's no different than discussing LNs when talking about LN based anime.

Seemingly ordinary movements, speech, expressions and even laughter, are in fact a fight to the death.

While I'm familiar with this very Asian "social combat", I have to commend the direction here.

>mfw

Oh God

based namaniku

The whole dialogue was so cool.

>I have to commend the direction here.
TBF really has no business being this good and I am authentically enjoying the shit out of it.

Reminds me of that fight in Muramasa where the it's just 2 people standing around. It takes like 15 minutes to read too.

Anyone got the concept art for the characters?

No. She gets my dick going, too.

damn, I want to hotglue her.

Apologize

Why did you bite? For fuck's sake, user. Everybody know not to reply, but you HAD to.

That is not very cool of her, it is like saying that he will lose the fight no matter even she is right about it.

I hope that we get more fanservice of her....

I must say that I real like their discussion. Normally I simple skip the boring dialogues, but this dialogues is very interesting and cool.

>Muramasa
>translation never
;_;

So did the Screaming Phoenix Killer get that nickname from killing a screaming phoenix or did he scream as he killed it?

I have the same question about his nickname.

All memeing aside, is this shit actually good?
I've been meaning to start watching some Taiwanese puppet shows.

>is this shit actually good?
If you like wuxia's cliché you are going to love it.
And you will be impressed by the quality of the puppet acting and CG used in the effects anyway.

His name means "Eradicator of Life". Screaming Phoenix Killer = the man who kills the unkillable.

It's pretty good. How good it is, is something for you to decide.

maybe he's a killer who is similar to a phoenix who screams

Is that the latest episode?

Not from Thunderbolt Fantasy, but here, have these:
youtube.com/watch?v=aiJEdqxf7R4
youtube.com/watch?v=FXcjKC7fT3A

>the poem wasn't translated in the subtitles
I humbly request our Chinese-speaking anons to translate this.

Pics related

That's episode 4.

Somebody should take a crack at it:

「今朝啼鳥訴生死,眾生執迷;江湖宿命無人悟,一劍終末。」

Jap:今朝啼いた鳥が生死を告げていたが、俗衆は依然として迷っている。江湖の宿命を悟れる者は誰一人いない、それ故俺が一剣で終末をもたらしてやるのだ。

>That's episode 4.
Glad to know they are liking it.
A prequel would be really nice.

>Get this shit out of my face

I'm loving the character acting.

>Screaming Phoenix Killer = the man who kills the unkillable.
Does he scream or the phoenix?

So since they are going to 7 Sins tower and are a party of seven, could each represent a sin? I'd give it a try, but I can't figure out which sin would the archer guy be for starters.

Urobuchi mentioned that one of the influences of the show is the 7 Samurai. He wanted the story to be as traditional as possible.

Since they have Screaming Phoenix Killer in the party now I can't figure how the bad guy generals are gonna be a challenge anymore, unless they come up with some bullshit like he's not interested so he's gonna stay in the sidelines.

Source?

Also why is there so little translated staff interviews? I thought Westerns would be hyped like when Psycho Pass happened.

Wow CR didn't even translate the poem

It's everything you ever wanted and more.

Sho Fu is becoming one of my favorite MCs of all time.

>figures out SPK is bad news right away
>never takes the bait
>sick of everyone's shit

CHUUNI
TRANSLATION
WHERE

>"Currently Tiniao v death, obsession beings; quack fate no enlightenment, terminal sword."
>There is no bird had told the life and death this morning, crowd is still wondering. The fate of Jiang Hu Satoreru who has no one one person, it is I'll bring the end in one sword therefore.
Thank Google.

niku indeed

>style.nikkei.com/article/DGXKZO03585360U6A610C1NZDP01

>無双の力を発揮する武器を巡る攻防を描いた物語は、黒澤明監督の「七人の侍」に触発されて執筆した。「個性的なキャラクターが登場する活劇にしたかった。僕にとって時代劇といえばチャンバラであり、人形師の芸術性が際立つのも殺陣。中華風の味付けをした無国籍な剣と魔法の物語を目指した」という。

There are a lot of interviews when you consider the chink only ones too.

Thanks.

>There are a lot of interviews when you consider the chink only ones too.
Wish I could read them. I am salty I can't understand the weekly making of already ;_;

>>"Today the bird sings about life and death, and the audience is enthralled; The life of a pugilist is understood by no one, and ends via the sword."

Something like that. I can by no means claim to have gotten to the true meaning of the text, but classical Chinese poems (or pretenses to aspire to such) are notoriously vague on their meaning.

Similarly, is the Bones of Creation the remnants of creation or do his bones create shit?

Needs more Ken dancing to Kanye

Wikipedia sez:
>Roaring Phoenix Execution

I think it either means that he's immortal (like a Phoenix) or that he can kill even things that are immortal. Also, screaming is scary.

>Is there any way to distinguish Chinese and Japanese names?
It's all on Wikipedia.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbolt_Fantasy#Characters

>Implying the Bones of Creation is not a red herring
>Implying Vapeman is not the true villain

I changed all the Chink to Jap up to episode 4 if anyone wants my edited subs. I'll do the same for 5 once I get home.

>Best show of this season by far
>Thread is dead

Sup Forums never ceases to disappoint me.

From what I would understand from them:

>The story is made as generic as possible. Part of the fun is wondering if it's going to remain generic.
>TBF is made primarily for the JP market, it's basically just a way for them to get their foot in the door, they're planning more stuff if it proved to be successful.
>Before TBF, they were going to make a Pili spin-off, Urobuchi even wrote the entire script but they figured it would be too weird for people unfamiliar with Pili.
>It's implied but other than Rinsetsua or Shoufukan, none of the other characters are safe.
>Story of how the collaboration happened is that Butch was given a DVD set of a Pili series when he was at a con in Taiwan, when he got home he actually watched it and when his favorite character died he tweeted about it. This got the attention of the VP of Pili who happened to be an Urobuchi fan.

>Something like that. I can by no means claim to have gotten to the true meaning of the text, but classical Chinese poems (or pretenses to aspire to such) are notoriously vague on their meaning.
Yeah, I think you translated it fine. But the true full meaning is anyone's guess.

Keeping in mind that this is meant to tell us about the assassin's personality, it could be that he is saying "everyone is obsessed with life and death, and him as the proverbial bird deals with it (assassinations)"
And the 2nd verse might be "No one truly understands the meaning of an outlaw's life, and a sword stroke ends it."

My own reading is that he is famous for his job performance, and that his far less famous victims tend to die without finding a meaning to their own existence.

I understand it as "fighting is glorified, but no one understands those who fight, and they often die ungloriously."

>Story of how the collaboration happened is that Butch was given a DVD set of a Pili series when he was at a con in Taiwan, when he got home he actually watched it and when his favorite character died he tweeted about it
Do they have Jap subs or he watched it raw? If the latter, I find it weird that he would like a character enough.

And people pay for CR

THIS ONLY RAISES FURTHER QUESTIONS!

Why would he not like a character?

>My own reading is that he is famous for his job performance, and that his far less famous victims tend to die without finding a meaning to their own existence.

deep.
If Ken who desires fame more than anything dies at his hand as a nobody it will be like pottery.

Anyone have the webm of the 2hu-like attacks?

So does anyone else think the main character's actually dead? That would be such a Gen Urobuchi thing to do.

I doubt he understands chink all that well or that it was subbed. He could still spell out the name of the character though.

Nigga he isn't actually from the underworld, you know that, right?

Maybe they all are.

Speaking of this, did anyone realize that MC and vape guy are the same person?

I mean seriously, think about it.

I'm thinking about it and it still isn't making any sense

I can't find last week's thread in the archive.

>when he got home he actually watched it and when his favorite character died he tweeted about it.
What is with Butcher and his favorite characters dying? It happened with Zeta Gundam too.

Considering it's Butcher he doesn't mind too much.

I thought the implications is that he comes from China or from outside China if the story is set in China, but we have already seen zombies, so it wouldn't be THAT crazy if he was really a deadman.

desuarchive.org/a/thread/144879047

I wonder if he spergs out like Sup Forums.

I thought 殺無生 means kill without life. Rinsetsua stole his "life" and now he's an undead which is why he's so pale. The phoenix thing would also make more sense that way.

Yeah but he never actually gave any explanation how got to be there, and pipe guy was the first person he actually encountered when he showed up. We already know his flute can control spirits from the Underworld, and he said at the end that there's a task only MC can do. Which means mostly likely he's not coming back from the mountain

Translating jap version with help of ichi.moe:

>This morning a singing bird has informed of life and death
>but people are still confused
>There is not a single person who can understand the fate of the world
>Therefore I will put an end to it with my sword.

I hope the Nitro+ guys keep on doing art for this.

Fuck, I wanted to attach a Lie Mei

Man, that is deep.

>So does anyone else think the main character's actually dead?
If he is, the demon lord would have noticed. I half believe you are trolling, as it is too common peopleb randomly declare soandso is either dead or a vampire.

Ash is actually in a coma!!

Technically it can be called an anime. It is stop-motion, a form of animation.

Definition of anime: noun: anime
>a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children.

How is no one dead yet?

Having learned Japanese swordsmanship, what he said was spot on.

So Team Rocket returns?

I am feeling that there won't be any formidable minions from Betsutengai, but the worthy obstacles would be monsters along the way.