My Hero Academia

What can be done to improve Ochako?

character development

Fanservice.

put an animal skull on her head. that makes a slightly premium ochako

The dick

Her character development needs to not revolve around Deku.

fuck if I know.

At this point she's barely more of a real character than Pink Shit from Naruto, made only slightly more tolerable since she's not slobbering over the resident edgelord.

hey thats not fair, ochako at least has some established character beyond being annoyed by mc kun

I still think Iida is the most well developed characters in the series though

Wait until she gets over this emotional hump and learns to use those feelings to fuel her further progress.

Make her the traitor

Like Deku's doesn't need to revolve around All Might, you aren't wrong. And look where that's now going.

1) She's WAY more developed than Mina, stop being petty about your OTP getting shat on by canon :^)
2) No one is slobbering over Tokoyami, tho

The only part of my statement that was bait was the OTP thing, and I fully admit this.
You just really wanted to post that image in the new thread, didn't you?

Virginia Smash her heart to bits, it will only make her stronger.

Stop focusing on Ochako, there are so many other girls and boys that need improvement/development.

Have her ntr deku for Bakagou, which sends Deku over the edge making him become a real man and marry qt3.14 adventure girl

so after you faggots got repeatedly btfo'd with your sasuke comparisons you're now trying with ochako and sakura

when will we get rid of that cancer for good

This. Current Ochako is garbage.

This:
It's character development when a character learns to stop relying on others. Deku might be Ochako's inspiration, but with time she'll hopefully be fully independent from him.

>Adventure
meant to say Invention girl

I agree with this, and I genuinely hope that Pinky and the invisible billboard gets some soon. Everyone else has had a little bit at least, save for them. Even Mineta had a super-short flashback for his motivation.

>Current Ochako
The hell does this mean? She goes spaghetti for one chapter and suddenly she's a different charater?

why

this sounds like muh feminism tumblr tier horseshit

She's garbage ever since Aoyama said that she loves Deku.

Deku will reject Ochako, and she will end with Iida. They are much better together.
This is not surprising when the "main heroine" is shit.

>ochako is garbage
FTFY, what a dull character. It's a shame that the author couldn't get Mt. Lady (Yuu) as the female lead, at least that would've been interesting

cause it makes for interesting characters and stories

This so much, She only seems to get time/development when she's "in love" with Deku.

I still think its too fucking early for romance in this manga but what do I know.

she needs more ass

The only thing I dont like about the romance is that its a bunch of other characters telling urarararararaka she is in love over and over again. Also other things are happening which are more interesting.

She is very cute about it though

>Deku will reject Ochako, and she will end with Iida. Yeah fucking right, that would never happen.

why

are you seriously buttblasted she loves the wrong guy

is this going to turn as cancerous as snk/op/magi threads where retarded shippers cry every week about their prefered couple being ignored

>retards hasn't noticed she's been improving her quirk since chapter 100

>Stop focusing on Ochako
It's actually been a while since she's gotten any focus

No, I am not. I am only annoyed at her development since the festival ended. I prefer her interactions with Iida but it's not like I care. Her development is just shitty. Against Bakugou and before that, she was cool.

>retards also didn't notice she can float in the air with little to no problems

This is what happens when you let retardation get you,

fucking faggots

>Wow, she improved
No shit Sherlock. They all fucking improved. They got ten days for Quirk strengthening and costume upgrades. It has nothing to do with her character development.

Nothing to do with feminist, it's just lazy and boring if her entire character revolves around Deku.
It'll be much better if whatever development she gets isn't directly fueled by him. He can support her, but he shouldn't be what she strives to achieve. Like another user said, Deku also needs to move out of All Might's shadow to get proper development himself. Until he stops trying to mimic All Might, nothing his character does to change will be all that interesting to the readers.

>all this ochako shipping since laser navel asked ochako for the first time.

Its like a switch got flipped.
This is amazing

see

Yeah, that's one of my biggest concerns with the matter. She's being pressured by OTHERS into believing that she's in love with him, and is becoming conflicted because of that continuous reinforcement. Whether or not she actually does is still up for debate. She clearly admires him to some regard early on, in part because of their early friendship and Deku's taking to HER, but also because he'd gone out of his way to assumedly fail the entrance exam in order to save her from something everyone else turned tail from, and that itself deserves admiration. But it started as no more than that - friendship and thankful admiration. And then Sparkleboy had to butt in and cause things to become conflicted. Had the repeated suggestions not happened until later, I doubt she would be struggling with it as much as she is now - probably still embarrassed, but not full on denial. BUT we've been dealt a hand, so now all we can do is see how it pans out.

Make her a villain and then get callously sacrificed. Then no more time or ink would be wasted on her.

A switch DID get flipped, even for the character. It's only natural that this would happen.

Speaking of sparklefag, though, he hasn't gotten much character development either. They should fix that. Or remove him.

>what do I know

Good question, tripfag. I'll wager the answer is "not much"

They should just remove him
Mineta already fullfills the comedy relief role quite well
He have no role

Why does every boy/girl relationship have to be romantic?

Until romance was explicitly brought up, it felt more like Ochako was just suffering imposter syndrome and worried that everyone was doing better than her.

>Trash opinions and tripfaggtry
Goes hand in hand every time

Toga will help Ochako realize that what she feels isn't love but admiration and she feels sad because Deku is leaving her behind in the dust when it comes to powerups.

This was planned from the beginning,
deal with it you fucking babies

Literally the author stated that he created her to pair up with Deku, so tough luck to those who don't like it and move on.

And yet many retards say "This is so well handled".

>Literally the author stated that he created her to pair up with Deku
No. He said he has a lot of scenes with them together in mind. It's easy to think that he is implying that they'll get together and it makes sense. But he never said he created her for that. Stop with your bullshit. Anyway, right now, the development is pretty bad.

user l have a revelation for you

shonen mango is targeted at middle school japanese boys, as such the role of the heroine will often be to be cute and fall in love with the hero

this is also why momo has huge titties and a revealing costume and why tumblr redisigns are amazingly retarded

see you soon for more in depth analyses of these incredibly deep complex and mature works of fiction

>ITT frog meme supporters

Yes, I know. It's frustrating. Soul Eater got away with it, why can't other series?

>Anyway, right now, the development is pretty bad

these past threads has been cancerous thanks to chapter 102 and retards ignoring all the interactions with ochako and deku.

You are trash.

wasn't maka's character developmenttied to soul

their relationship might not have been openly romantic but the implications were pretty obvious

I didn't ignore anything faggot. They were good friends and now suddenly she's spilling spaghetti everytime, every fucking time. People always say "That's love". Even freaking Toga who she had just met, that's just retarded.

They were pretty close, but even at the end you could interpret it as not romantic.

the last bit of meaningful characterization for ochako was after her fight with bakugou when talking with her parents. MAYBE when her parents surprised her at her house

It's decently handled, but the development concept itself is the problem. It's unnatural and forced, but it's forced even within the contexts of the series, so the way it's playing out still makes sense. Annoying, but it is functioning how it might realistically. Sometimes reality is annoying, etc.
All things said, though, this is the midway stage in her developing through this, and she's guaranteed to move past it eventually, though how is the real question.

Also Yeah, this is very true. People thinking otherwise are fooling themselves, let's be real.
Deku and Uraraka being paired was all too clear from the get-go, though I still wish it hadn't been destabilized by navel nerd.

>Chapter 100's ending cause countless niggers to be angry about BOOBS

>chapter 101 brushes that way at breakneck speed and doesn't let it drag on

>chapter 102 solidifies the ochako/deku end game

>countless shipper/fujoshits who doesn't understand teenage love gets angry about this

>all those times deku has been embarrassed about ochako has become full circle with ochako doing the same with deku

This is going to be a great ride

>countless shipper/fujoshits who doesn't understand teenage love gets angry about this
Haha, good one faggot. The development is boring and bad, this is true. No teenage girl would be in denial like that for such a long period of time.

> No teenage girl would be in denial like that for such a long period of time.

This is going to be a great ride

I bet you're an expert in teen girls feelings, huh, user?

You got that right, The issue is that we're seeing Deku move forward but Ochako hasn't visibly been shown to do the same despite being one of the main crew in this series.

I love spaghetti as much as the next guy but her fight and general attitude against Bakugo was amazing. We need more of that and I hope this exam will give us just that.

listen...

yeah this exam will be a great opportunity to show just how much ochako has grown. just because a character isn't shown growing doesn't mean it isn't happening

what does that mean, "meaningful characterization"? l thought the way she acted during the room competition was good characterization, how she tried to cheer everyone up and lighten the mood after what they've been through

like when she complimented kirishima's room, she probably didn't really mean it but wanted to soften the blow from hagakure btfoing him

Some development like with Momo is how it should have been. We can see hints of TodoMomo but there's no stupid you are in love or shit like that, Momo is probably not even in love with him right now, but her character developed since the festival and she only gets better. Ochako reached her peak in the festival and is now boring shit.

She's hardly has been a focus in these past couple chapters ever since the sports festival arc came to an end, give it time.

We got a bunch of the story to go through.

at this point you're being impaitent

No, but I know a lot more than you for sure. THat you are in love thing is going on since the battle test and she has been confronted to it countless times. Her opinion of Deku has never been bad to begin with so she being in denial like that is not normal to begin with. Because for her Deku has always been great. It's not like she is some kind of girl who distrusts men or has some hidden issues too, just a poorfag who wants to help his dad.

i want to be more like deku

>Ochako's character is now primarily about Deku, hasn't actually used her quirk in a fight since the tournament against Bakugou. She may have an obnoxious, boy-focused rivalry with generic yandere villain
>Momo is fanservice bait and bully material; went with them to rescue Bakugou for literally no reason at all
>Froppy is almost air, she got a decent scene when she apologized to Deku and the others but otherwise she just melds in the background
>Yandere villain is just waifu bait
>All the other girls in the class are air

Literally typical shounen thread. Hori doesn't handle girls better than your average Jump manga.

What I don't like is that it gets constantly brought up and repeated. Now pretty much all her scenes are for that. I think Horikoshi just wanted to use the main girl falling for the MC trope but is not very good at using it. Which is why developments of girls like Momo are better and feel less forced.

>No,
Not the same user but thanks for clarifying
>THat you are in love thing is going on since the battle test

it was actually since the sports festival when mei wanted to help deku and ochako in the Calvary battle as there were instances where she was clearly jealous of mei.

a sperg reacting to everything by blowing shit up isn't "normal" either, nor is a midget openly being a giant pervert 24h a day, or iida's caricaturally autistic reactions

fucking hell this isn't a sociological study about japanese teenagers behavior, it's exaggerated for entertainment

now this is bait

Here's an idea, and hear me out on this;
Maybe, she's conflicted because she initially just wanted to be friends, and her feelings are starting to grow beyond that - even if just slightly.
And maybe - now stay with me one this one - she doesn't want to ruin a good friendship with unrequited affections that she herself isn't even sure of having yet.
And MAYBE, just maybe, she is also feeling inadequate compared to this person because of their continued improvement, and the preverbial gap growing between where they're both at in their lives and development stages.

But clearly you know more than me, user, surely. :^)

I honestly thought you were joking by boiling down each character to an absurd degree. then you went and made yourself look retarded

Make her thiccer.

Why are all the girls so perfect? I want to marry Invention girl!
!
!
!

post your hatsume's

we already have a resident thicc

Here's a template for your hatsumemes

Ochako's got a decent design. i really like it but as it stands she's being shuffled into 'the love interest' for Deku and they both deserve more than that.

hey, did we already had a thread discussing this?

it doesn't. that's the focus at this moment because that's what she's dealing with. we know she has other issues. you just have the memory of a goldfish.

DOES ANYONE HAVE HATSUME WITH A DONALD TRUMP HAT SHOP YET? PLEASE I NEED IT

one last hatsume

there's a template posted
You can shop a trump hat

kindly end yourself

>All the butt blasted niggers ITT
Feels good being on the winning side for once

:^l

Is it already delusion time?

>Momo's ultimate move is pulling a gun from her titties